Printer Goes Offline Due To A Hardware Issue
A hardware issue can be either with a computer or the printer itself so we should first find out which it is. If you have your printer networked using a cable, try it wireless if you can or attach it directly to your computer. Retest. Change the cable and retest. If you can connect it via USB instead, test that too.
If changing a port or cable fixes the issue, you know what to fix. If it didnt make a difference, chances are that it is the printer itself. If you have checked the driver, the power cable, Windows settings and network settings, the only thing left is the printer itself and Im afraid I cant help you there!
Why Is My Brother Printer Offline
Once Brother printer keeps going offline, the documents will only be added to queue but fail to directly print. Why is my Brother printer offline? After analyzing lots of user reports and posts, several possible reasons are responsible for Brother printer offline. They are:
- Firewall and antivirus programs. Sometimes, the Windows Defender Firewall or antivirus program may block the printer from accessing the internet due to a false positive.
- Corrupted device driver. If the printer driver become corrupt or is missing, you may encounter the Brother printer offline issue. For this, you can solve it by reinstalling the relevant drivers.
- Invalid IP address. To avoid Brother printer offline Windows 10, we recommend you assign a Static IP to the printer.
- Use printer offline. It is a Windows feature that allows you to use the printer offline. If this feature is enabled, it may cause Brother printer keeps going offline.
Now, lets see the Brother printer offline fixes in the following part.
Fix Printer Offline Status In Windows 10
Make sure to;create a restore point;just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Check Printer Connection
Before doing anything, first, you should check if the communication between the printer & PC is properly;set up. There can be something wrong with the USB cable or USB port, or network connection if connected wirelessly.
1.Shutdown your PC and power off your printer. Remove all the cables connected to the printer and then press & hold the power button of the printer for 30 seconds.
2.Again connect all the cables and then make sure the USB cable from the printer is properly connected to the USB port of the PC. You could also switch the USB port to see if this resolves the problem.
3.If your PC is connected via Ethernet port then make sure the Ethernet port is working and the connection to your printer & PC is proper.
4.If the printer is connected to PC via a;wireless network then make sure the printer is connected to your PC network. Check if this Fixes Printer Offline Status in Windows 10, if not then continue.
Method 2: Change the Printer Status
1.Press Windows Key + R then type control printers and hit Enter to open Devices and Printers.
Note: You could also open Devices and Printers in control panel by navigating to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
2.Right-click on your printer and select Set as default printer from the context menu.
3.Then again right-click on your printer and select See whats printing.
Method 3: Update Printer Driver
You May Like: What Is The Best Airprint Printer
Fix : Install Latest Drivers
Your printers manufacturer may have released new drivers or software needed to use your printer. It is usually better to go directly to the manufacturer.
Go to your printers manufacturer website.
Find their driver and software page.
Enter your printers model number.
The Option To Use The Printer In Offline Mode Is Not Selected
Press window + R, then type control panel and press enter. Open the Hardware and Sound menu. Next, navigate to Devices and Printers. From the list of printers, choose and right-click on your HP printer. Next, disable the Use Printer Offline option from the menu. Your HP printer has now been reconnected to the internet.
1. What are the additional factors that are causing the HP Deskjet printer to indicate offline?
- Verify Wi-Fi connectivity, and ensure that printer and PC are both linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
- After connecting the HP printer to the computer.
- Reboot your PC now. So that the HP printer settings can be preserved.
- Paper jams, low ink levels, voltage fluctuations, and a lack of compatibility are all potential causes of your printer being offline.
2. How to Connect Your Printer to a Wireless Network
- After 10 seconds, restart your printer.
- Unplugging your printers power supply.
- Finally, you can shut down your computer.
- Reconnect the printers power cord and restart the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from your wireless router.
- After a ten-second wait, reconnect it.
- Your internet connection may take a few moments to reconnect.
- Turn on your computer after finish.
- Making use of the HP Smart software or the HP wireless setup wizard.
- Determine whether your printer is connected to the internet.
Recommended Reading: How Can I Get My Printer Back Online
Restart The Print Spooler Service
Your printer will refuse to work if the Print Spooler service is not working well. In some case, this service is somehow turned off. You need to check if its running first, then decide whether or not to restart it:;
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Type services.msc in the search box and press Enter.;
2) On your keyboard, press the P key to faster locate Print Spooler item. See if its status is Running.;
3) If you cant see its status here, right-click Print Spooler service and click Start.;
4) If you like, you can also restart this service: right-click Print Spooler and click Restart.;
5) Close the Properties window.
Use Printer Manufacturer Diagnostic Tool
If your printer is still showing offline, run the printer diagnostic tool offered by manufacturers itself that resolves the common problem related to their printer. Some of most popular one are;HP Print and Scan Doctor, For Canon, go to their;support site, enter your model number and then click on the Software tab. You can download their My Printer software to manage and maintain your printer. The same thing applies to other printer manufacturers as well.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Iphone To Printer
How To Fix Hp Printer Is Offline In Windows 10
;Issues concerned to HP Printer are haunting a large number of users since they have upgraded their machine to Windows 10. Some of them are reporting Printer is offline is shown. HP Printer is offline in Windows 10 error message refers to the machine which is not able to interact with the printer. The Cause of this issue is printer is paused. So you will need to enable your printer through settings area. If you want to know how printing process are executed read How to Open and Use Print Management in Windows 10.
Though after coming to the fresh operating system, the key reason behind most of the ;is either settings;or driver. In many cases, you need to explore and install genuine driver;matching to the model number of the printer, but in this situation, where you face the trouble from displaying the error message Printer is offline in Windows 10 the culprit is settings. You need to change the settings of the printer through Devices and printers to fix.
Create A Tcp/ip Port In Windows
Add a printer port to Windows that matches your printer’s IP address.
Print a Network Configuration or Wireless Network Test Results page.
Printers with a control panel menu: Print the page from the Wireless, Network Settings, or Setup menu.
Printers without a control panel menu: Print the page using button combinations on the printer control panel.
For most printers, press the Wireless and Information buttons at the same time, or press the Wireless and Start Copy Black buttons at the same time.
For HP DeskJet 6000 and 6400, ENVY 6000 and 6400, and Tango printers, touch and hold the Information button until all control panel buttons light up, and then touch the Information and Resume buttons at the same time.
On the Network Configuration page, find the printer’s IP address.
In Windows, search for and open Printers & scanners
On the Ports tab, click Add Port.
Select Standard TCP/IP Port, and then click New Port.
Type the printer’s IP address, and then click Next.
Select the new Standard TCP/IP Port from the list, and then click OK.
You might see two printers in the list of devices. Do not remove or uninstall either printer.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Quietest Printer
Remove Or Update Outdated Version
- Use the Windows search to find what youre looking for.
- Device Manager can be accessed by typing Device Manager and clicking on it.
- Next, expand the option Printers
- Locate the model number of your printer in the expanded section.
- Right-click on it, open the option Update Driver from the menu.
- Your printers driver will be automatically updated if you select the automatic search option.
- Restart your computer.
- Control Panel is where you will find your driver reinstall options.
- The present HP printer driver can be uninstalled by clicking on remove programs
Fix 1: Reboot The Router
Rebooting a router can resolve small issues that may be stopping your printer from connecting to the computer.
Locate your network router and unplug it from wall power for 30 seconds.
After plugging in your router, wait for it to initialize and for your devices to reconnect. You may need to check the network status on your printer again.
Recommended Reading: How To Print To Hp Printer From Android
Remove And Reinstall The Printer
If all else fails, you can remove the printer from your computer and then add it back.
To do this, press Windows key + I to open Settings. Go to Devices > Printers & scanners. Select your printer, click Remove device, then click Yes.
Next, click Add a printer or scanner. Follow the wizard through to connect the printer back to your computer.
V Execute The Printer Troubleshooter
If you still cannot solve this Epson Printer Offline Windows 10 issue, then as the last answer all you can do is run the printer troubleshooter. Here are the steps regarding how to do it.
- First, click the Windows logo, to open the Start Menu. After that, from the menu choose the Gear icon above the Power icon.
- As soon as you do that, then a new window having the name Windows Settings will come up.
- Inside that window, locate and choose the Update & Security category. This action will open a new page, where go to the left pane and choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Now, move to the right pane of that page and then click the Printer option.
- Lastly, choose the Run the troubleshooter button and follow the information that comes on the screen to rectify any problems in relation to the Epson printer.
Read Also: How To Print From Iphone To Brother Printer
Why Does Your Printer Go Offline
Mostly, your printer has to be connected to the Internet or by USB cable. Only in this way can the printer get online and work smoothly with your PC on Windows 10.
And you can see from the issue that the printer is offline that the main cause lies in connection problems. Sometime, it may be due to the disconnected printer. On the other hand, the offline printer appears because of the network issues.
Restart Printer Spooler Service
Turning Printer Spooler service off and then turning it back on solves the problem or a lot of users as well. This service can cause this offline status issue. So, just restarting the service might solve the problem for you. It isnt a permanent solution but it is a good workaround.
Check if the problem still persists.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Recycle Printer Cartridges
Make Sure ‘use Printer Offline’ Mode Is Not Selected
HP wireless printer goes offline if Use printer in offline mode is selected.; Therefore a user must ensure that this option is not selected. The navigation for rectifying this setting is as follow-
- Select the start menu- click on settings
- Now from the listed printers, select and right click on your HP printer.
- Thereafter from the menu, uncheck the option of Use Printer Offline. Now your Hp printer will come back in online mode.;
Solution : Run Printer Troubleshooter
It is available and feasible for you to take advantage of the Windows built-in tool to troubleshoot the reasons why your printer is offline on Windows 10. Whats more, it is capable of identifying and fixing the printer issue.
1. Search Troubleshoot in the search box and hit Enter to navigate to Troubleshoot.
2. Under Troubleshoot, locate Printer and choose to Run the troubleshooter.
If there are any problems with your printer on Windows 10, the printer troubleshooter would let you know. And if possible, it will also fix the printer offline issue for you automatically.
You May Like: How To Make Copies On Hp Printer
Reset The Print System
Resetting the print system can clear any error states by removing all HP and non-HP printers, pending print jobs, and printer preferences.
Resetting the print system removes all printers. After you reset the print system, re-add your printers to the queue.
Right-click or control+click anywhere in the Printers list, and then click Reset printing system.
Type the administrator name and password, and then click OK to complete the reset.
Once the reset is complete, re-add your printer. Click the Plus sign, select your printer in the list, and then click Add.
Check That The Printer Is On And Connected To Your Computer
Before you do anything, the first step to resolve printer offline issue is to perform some physical inspections:
Once you complete physical inspection and are happy it is properly connected, check the printer status. If Printer offline issue is not resolved, proceed to the next fix below.
You May Like: How To Install Canon Printer Without Cd On Windows 10
How To Remove Printer Drivers And Packages
Make sure you are using Windows as an Admin or sign-in as one.
Type CMD in the search bar.
With command prompt open type printui /s /t2 including the spaces to open the Print Server Properties window.
Now remove the Driver and Package for the printer in question.
You can now add your printer again by selecting Add a Printer from Devices and Printers.
Your printer should now be showing as online and allow you to continue printing.
If not there is likely to be an issue with the printer electronically, further advice would be to contact the printers manufacturer or a printer technician.
Always check the cost of a printer fixing error in some cases it may be cheaper to purchase a new printer rather than pay the fixing and maintenance cost.
Enable Print Offline Option
Printers can remember print jobs for a short amount of time but a print job does not include the entire document or file that needs to be printed. A printer has no place to store this information which is why it needs to remain connected to a computer so that it can access the file it has to print.
In order to print, the printer must be in offline mode.;
Recommended Reading: Which Printer Has The Cheapest Ink Cartridges
How To Fix The Printer Offline Error After A Windows 10 Update
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 15 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. This article has been viewed 2,845 times.
Windows 10 updates can create issues with the regular performance of the device. One such problem is the “Printer Offline” error message while printing, but you can fix it easily.
Four: Manually Set The Default Print Driver
Windows 8 or 7
Also Check: How To Get Printer Ink Out Of Clothes