Solution: Check For Ink Cartridge And Paper Jam Problem
Examine the printer for incompatible cartridge error and paper jam problem so that you can fix HP printer offline problem.
- Turn ON HP wireless/wired printer. Ensure all the physical and wireless connections are made accurately.
- Check all the cable connections for disconnected cables and then reconnect them suitably for more reliable connectivity.
- Look inside the printer to recognize any of the paper jams. Clear the HP printer paper jam error if you discover any.
- Check the input tray for the right stock of papers. More papers must be added to the tray if required.
- Open the cartridge access door then examine for HP Printer ink cartridge Failure Message. Also, check the levels of ink inside the cartridges.
- You need to check your printer control panel display or software to identify any low ink level alerts. Click on OK to terminate low ink warnings and take your device back online.
- Also, ensure that the printer and system are connected with the same wifi network.
Why Does Your Printer Go Offline
Mostly, your printer has to be connected to the Internet or by USB cable. Only in this way can the printer get online and work smoothly with your PC on Windows 10.
And you can see from the issue that the printer is offline that the main cause lies in connection problems. Sometime, it may be due to the disconnected printer. On the other hand, the offline printer appears because of the network issues.
How To Fix The Hp Printer Offline Issue
HP printer users all over the globe have at least once in their life typed My HP printer is offline. What to do? in the Google search bar to find the solutions for the offline status issues with the printer. These offline problems do not allow to print any document. There are many methods to get out of this situation and bring the HP printer from offline to online mode again. The HP printer offline error on Windows 10 or Mac can occur due to various reasons such as paper jams, cartridge problems, network connection problems, etc. You just need to follow the steps mentioned in the solutions below and the issue will be resolved within a matter of a few minutes.
Now, lets fix the issue of the HP printer says offline.
Fix 1: Check Ink Cartridge and Paper Jam Issues
In the first HP printer offline fix, you have to check whether or not any issues are arising with the ink cartridges. In addition, you also need to remove any paper jam problems. To check the same, your printer should be working. When it is on, you have to inspect that no cables are loosely plugged in and the paper tray is also loaded with the right kind of paper.
After this, you have to inspect the various parts of your HP printer to ensure that no jammed paper is found. After inspecting the same, you can check the levels of ink in the HP printers cartridge.
The additional steps for this measure can be found as follows:
Step 1 Turn on your HP printer and ensure it has been properly plugged
Also Check: Windows 10 Make Printer Online
Run The Printer Troubleshooter
If you still havent found a fix to get your printer online, let the Printer Troubleshooter help you out. Its a built-in tool that finds and fixes printing-related problems on Windows devices.
The tool will check the Spooler service and print queue for errors, examine your network printers configuration, and run other troubleshooting checks. If it diagnoses any problem with the affected printer, itll recommend the appropriate solutions.
Solution : Manually Set Hp Printer As The Default Printer In Windows
Make sure that your HP printer is set as the default printer, otherwise, your computer wont be able to make the connection with it. Due to this your screen will show- HP printer is offline issue. So follow the below steps:
Bring HP printer online in Windows:
Windows 8, 7-
Don’t Miss: How To Stop Printing On Computer
Printer Goes Offline Due To A Windows Setting
It is entirely possible that a Windows 10 setting is interrupting the printer and stopping it working correctly. Here are a couple of things to look for.
Fix 5 Create A Manual Ip Connection
Step 1: Print a Network Configuration Page from the network settings or network setup menu. Then, under your network connection type , check whether the network status is connected or not.
Step 2: If the status is not connected, you should connect the printer to your network first. Then, find the IP Address, Subnet mask, and Default Gateway for your network connection type. If you find different numbers for IPv4 and IPv6, you only need the IPv4 number. Then, find the URL for the Embedded Web Server .
Step 3: Open the EWS URL in a browser with internet connected. In the EWS, click the Network/Networking tab, open the Wired/Wireless menu, and then click IPv4 Configuration. Select Manual IP, click Suggest a Manual IP Address, and then configure the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway number according to the Network Configuration Page.
Step 4: Click Apply, and then wait until the changes are confirmed.
Then, you can check whether the problem is solved. If not, you can then use the IP Address to create a new TCP/IP Port. After that, test printer again to see whether the problem is solved.
You May Like: Scan To Phone Hp
Printer Constantly Goes Offline On Windows 10 Computer
Original Title: PRINTER CONSTANTLY goes OFFLINE
I am using HP officejet 8600 and its constantly reading “offline” by my ASUS Windows 10 laptop. The printer is connected, it says online. Ive tried turning off and on, connecting and unconnecting. It used to make me uninstall the printer and reinstall the printer to work. But, now it won’t even do that. It is a constant annoying problem. Why would laptop say its offline when it says its online?
* Please try a lower page number.
* Please enter only numbers.
* Please try a lower page number.
* Please enter only numbers.
Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.
This issue may happen due to incorrect registry value, incorrect printer or network sharing settings. Let’s try the below steps and check if it helps:
Method 1:If the printer is offline then try these steps to connect to network.
a. Press Window + Q and type Devices and printers.
b. Right-click on the Printer and click on see what’s printing.
c. Right-click on new print queue.
b. Then clear the Use Printer Offline setting.
c. This resets the registry key to the correct value.
Method 2:If the issue persists, I would suggest you to try the steps in the article. Check if it helps.
Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.
The issue could occur if printer services is not running in the Services window.
Clear The Printer Queue
Most people notice that their printer is not connected when they attempt to print a document. If youre like me, you may even try to print that same document 4-5 times before realizing that your printer is offline. This printer queue can make it difficult for the printer to resolve the issue. Canceling print jobs will allow your printer and computer to focus solely on reestablishing their connection.
To cancel print jobs on Windows:
- In the window that appears, select Devices and Printers .
- Right-click on your HP printers icon and select See Whats Printing.
- Right-click each print job and select Cancel.
To cancel print jobs on MacOS.
- In the Apple menu, click System Preferences and select Print & Scan.
Also Check: Why Won’t The Printer Print
Check Your Wire Connection When Hp Printer Goes Offline
In some cases, HP printer keeps going offline on windows 10 due to improper connection. To fix this follow the given steps-
- Check if USB cables both end are properly connect to printer and computer. If you have wireless connection make sure the printer and router connectivity is compatible.
- Also make sure that the power cable intact without any cuts and is connected properly between printer and power socket.
Check The Network Cards Settings
One of the most common reasons why an HP printer is offline is that the network card is not configured properly. The network card is the component of a printer that connects it to your network. A network card is needed for a printer to communicate with a network.
To make sure the network card is configured properly, you can try these steps:
* Make sure that the printer is turned on and connected to your network. * Locate the printer on the Windows desktop. * Right-click on the printer icon and select Printer properties. * Click the tab Hardware. * Make sure that the Device Location is set to Auto. * Click the tab Advanced. * Make sure that the Network card is enabled. * Select OK.
Also Check: Resetting Canon Printer
Solution: Connect Wireless Printer To The Wifi Network
Connect your HP printer to the local wifi network via HP wireless setup wizard for the touchscreen control panel. The connection can also be established via WPS or HP smart app software if supported by the router.
- At first, touch the wireless icon from the printer control panel.
- Touch the Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings option then click on yes to confirm your choice.
- You are thought to touch the back arrow button, then Wireless Settings, and then Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer will hunt for all the available wi-fi networks.
- Touch on the name of your wireless network.
- If your wireless network is unable to detect or find by the printer, then touch on the Enter New Network Name. Next, type the name of your wireless network.
NOTE: Ensure that you are entering the accurate Network name include any uppercase or lowercase characters.
- Ultimately, Enter the security password of your network and then click on done.
If the printer got connected, then the blue wireless light will stop flashing and will remain ON.
How To Switch Hp Printers From Offline To Online Manually
To switch an HP printer from offline to online, you will need to go into the Device Manager and then in the Printer section set the printer online.
Here is how to do it.
Restart your computer and your printer. Your HP printer should now be turned into online mode and you should be able to use it without any interruptions.
We hope you enjoyed reading the article today and found it useful and interesting. The methods we provided here must be tried one by one before you decide to buy a new printer. So the next time you get an error that your HP printer is offline we hope that you will refer to this article and this will help and guide you to fix the issue easily.
You May Like: How To Add Wireless Printer To Macbook Pro
Check The Printer Cables And Connections
When tech breaks, always start by checking the basics. Is your printer turned on, and is there paper in the input tray? Is there enough ink or toner? Are there any error messages or blinking lights on the control panel?
Next, assess your printer, cables, and ports for physical damage. Be sure your printer is connected to a power source and all wires are plugged in firmly. If you’re connected by cable, test it in all the ports on your device, and try a different one to be sure that cable isn’t the problem. If you’re connected by Wi-Fi, run a cable between your printer and computer to see if your printer is working. If it is, the issue could be your network connection.
Solution : Remove Pending Printing Jobs
Now restart your printer and see if the printer is printing or not. If not, then follow the next step.
Read Also: Canon Pixma Mg2520 Scan To Computer
Ways To Fix Samsung Printer Offline In Windows 10
One of the solutions given below shall definitely help you in getting your back online:
Way 1- check the connectivity
The primary thing you need to do is verify that you have connected the cables of the printer in the right place and it has been turned on. Also, make sure that the cable that is connecting the PC and the printer is not faulty.
Way 2- check for updates
The next best thing you can do in this situation is going to the official website of Samsung and seeing if any driver update is available. If it is so, do not delay in downloading these updates.
Way 3- re-install your printer
To re-install your printer, follow these steps:
Way 4- set your printer as the default
In case your printer is not set as the default printer in your device, then it is surely going to have issues while you try to print from it. Go to the Devices and Printers section of your Windows 10 and see if it is set as the default printer. If not, right-click on it and choose Set as default.
Way 5- disable the Use printer offline feature
If you have enabled this feature, your . To disable this feature, open your printer properties and un-check the box next to use printer offline.
Fix Samsung printer offline in Mac
Solution : Get Hp Printer Online From Offline Manually
Set The Default Printer
Set your printer as default on your Windows 10 computer to make sure print and scan jobs use the correct printer.
In Windows, search for and open Printers & scanners.
Make sure the box next to Let Windows manage my default printer is not checked.
From the list of printers, click your printer name, and then click Manage. If there are multiple printer names that match yours, select the printer that is idle or online.
Under Manage your device, click Set as default.
Printer Goes Offline Due To Power Or Cabling
If a printer keeps going physically offline and resetting or switching itself on and off, it could be a power issue. Check the power cable and the wall outlet and change one at a time and retest. Change either the wall outlet or cable, run the printer for a while then test the other if the problem persists.
Recommended Reading: Printer For Samsung Tablet
Solution : By Reinstalling Printer Drivers
This method is one of the most commonly used methods to fix the error on Windows 10. You can use this solution by going through the below-mentioned procedure
Solution : Run Hp Print And Scan Doctor To Know Why The Printer Keeps Going Offline
Here are the things you need to perform:
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor application to identify the Why is My HP Printer is Offline and solve the error.
- To obtain this app, first of all, you have to visit the official site and then download its special version to quickly resolve the Offline issue.
- After you download HPPSdr.exe, give a click on it from the downloaded location and then run the application.
- If you are prompted, choose Yes to verify the file source as it comes directly from the HP tech support team
- If your printer is not listed, restart your printer, then click Retry in the Print and Scan Doctor application
- The application will identify the connection issues. Follow the on-screen prompts and click Yes if asked to turn on printer updates
- Continue through the prompts and click Yes if asked to make this printer the default printer
Once the printer status is changed from Offline to Online, the printer will start working. In case the HP Printer Keeps going Offline yet, move to the next solution.
Recommended Reading: Cleaning Brother Printer