Getting Your Printer Online Quickly
For anyone asking, why is my HP printer offline? know that you are not alone. Almost every printer owner will experience this issue at least once. It can be more common for those who have a wirelessly connected printer or an older printer, or those who havent updated their operating system or printer drivers in some time.
Each time you run into this issue, work through the steps mentioned above until you reach a resolution. Youll hopefully get back to printing in no time without the headaches or costs of printer repairs.
Hp Envy 5055 Offline Error In Mac:
- Firstly, disconnect your entire printers cable connection from your Mac, and even if you have a wireless printer you have to disconnect that as well.
- Also, turn off your printer.
- Then get the HP Print & Scan specialist utility apparatus software update for your Mac
- After installing it, turn on your printer and connect it again with Mac.
- Then choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and click Printers & Scanners.
- Last but not the least; select your Printer from the given list of devices.
With the help of the above-mentioned steps, you can troubleshoot HP Envy 5055 Printer is offline error very effortlessly. If still the issue bothers you then you have to contact the Hp printer support at last for the solution.
These were the basic methods using which you can get rid of the HP printer is offline error, but the thing that needs your attention is what is causing the issue and how the root cause can be fixed. Here are some of the tips and tricks that may help from the future instances of the error and generates resistance in your device against various minors issues that usually occur out the blue and disturb the flow of printing.
Also read: Why is my hp printer showing offline
Learn The Reasons For Hp Envy 4500 Printer Offline In Windows 10
There could be any reason behind your HP envy 4500 printer offline windows 10 Issues with the ink cartridge, network issues, the machine may not be able to connect with the printer, defective drivers for the printer, and more. However, by using some troubleshooting measures, you can cope with this problem easily.
In addition, to stop not only this but other technical problems, you can also reinstall the HP Envy 4500 Program or Driver on your PC.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Printer To Computer With Usb
How To Fix Hp Envy 6055 Printer Offline Error
Question:-;One of my friends is using an HP Envy 6055 printer. Its just 2 months old and it keeps going Offline continuously. It is connected to a home network with a wireless connection but still, this HP Envy 6055 is Offline. We used HP Smart App to check if there is any problem with the software or driver of the printer but nothing helped. HP Smart App also shows its Offline. We tried restarting the Printer and the computer but it prints for some time and then again its Offline. I dont know what to do with this problem, need help to fix this HP 6055 Printer offline Issue.
Make Sure ‘use Printer Offline’ Mode Is Not Selected
HP wireless printer goes offline if Use printer in offline mode is selected.; Therefore a user must ensure that this option is not selected. The navigation for rectifying this setting is as follow-
- Select the start menu- click on settings
- Now from the listed printers, select and right click on your HP printer.
- Thereafter from the menu, uncheck the option of Use Printer Offline. Now your Hp printer will come back in online mode.;
Read Also: How Can I Get My Printer Back Online
Physical Printer And Cable Checks
Check both ends of the USB cable are firmly inserted. If the printer is networked then make sure the Ethernet cable is firmly inserted. If the printer is wireless check your internet connection or make sure its connected to your router.
If youre connected by cable try using the end of the printer cable in multiple ports or sockets on your device.
Try using a different cable to make sure the fault is not with the cable alone. If youre on a network or wireless device a simple check would be to attach a cable to your computer/or device to make sure your printer is working. Therefore the fault could be with your network connection.
Other Important Factor Due To Which ‘hp Printer Shows Offline’
Whenever your HP printer says offline, always consider these factors-
- In case of a wireless connection, always ensure that you printer and computer are on same Wi-Fi network. To know more about connecting your HP printer to wireless network, .;
- Once the HP printer is configured in the computer, always reboot your system so that the settings of HP printer can be saved.
- Paper jams, low ink levels, voltage fluctuations, lack of compatibility are other reasons that may cause your printer to go offline.
Also Check: How Do I Get My Brother Printer Back Online
Create A Manual Ip Connection
Print a Network Configuration or Wireless Network Test Results page, and then use the information on it to wirelessly connect your printer.
Print a Network Configuration or Wireless Network Test Results page.
Printers with a control panel menu: Print the page from the Wireless, Network Settings, or Setup menu.
Printers without a control panel menu: Print the page using button combinations on the printer control panel.
For most printers, press the Wireless and Information buttons at the same time, or press the Wireless and Start Copy Black buttons at the same time.
For HP DeskJet 6000 and 6400, ENVY 6000 and 6400, and Tango printers, touch and hold the Information button until all control panel buttons light up, and then touch the Information and Resume buttons at the same time.
On the printout, find the Wireless Status, IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and URL.
Wireless status: Under 802.11 Wireless, the Status should be Connected. If it is not, your printer is not connected to the wireless network. Connect your printer to the network. For more information, go to Connect to a wireless HP printer.
IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway: Under 802.11 Wireless, find the printer’s IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway numbers. If you see different numbers for IPv4 and IPv6, you only need the IPv4 numbers.
URL: Under General Information, find the URL for Embedded Web Server. Your printer might have more than one URL.
Fix Hp Envy 7640 Printer Offline
Recommended Reading: How Ink Jet Printer Works
Check Your Wire Connection When Hp Printer Goes Offline
In some cases, HP printer keeps going offline on windows 10 due to improper connection. To fix this follow the given steps-;
- Check if USB cables both end are properly connect to printer and computer. If you have wireless connection make sure the printer and router connectivity is compatible.
- Also make sure that the power cable intact without any cuts and is connected properly between printer and power socket.;
Hp Envy 5055 Error In Windows:
- Then you have to turn on your computer device that is connected to your printers devices.
- After that go to the start menu and click on the Drivers and Printers option.
- In that select HP Envy 5055 Printer is offline from the list by clicking on the printer offline icon.
- Once you selected it, you will have to simply click on the Offline status of printer to select the Printer option to reset the user printer offline status option.
- Following these, you can get your printer back to online mode.
Also Check: How To Fix My Canon Printer
S To Fix Hp Printer Says Offline Error On Windows 10 Or Mac
Avail of all possible solutions to fix my HP printer says offline error message on Windows 10, 8, 7, and Mac. My HP keeps going offline message mostly appears on Envy 5000, 4520, and Officejet 8710, 3830. So, without wasting your time, follow the instructions from each method to regain the printers online status.
Fix: Get HP Print and Scan Doctor to Fix Printer Always Offline
You need to download the specific version of HP Print and Scan Doctor Software. It particularly created to help users to fix printer always offline status to online on Windows 10 or Mac.
- Next, you are supposed to run HPPSdr.exe from the downloaded location on your system.
- When HP Print and Scan Doctor opens up, click Start, and then choose your wireless printer.
- If your printer does not recognize by the system, then turn it OFF and ON, then click on Retry.
- While you found device is not connected correctly, then follow the instructions from HP Print and Scan Doctor Software
- When a message on the screen advises you to turn on the printer updates, click Yes.
- When a message on the screen suggests you, set your printer as default, click Yes.
Finally, try to print a document. If it appears offline, then continue to the next method to fix it.
Fix: Restart HP Wireless Printer, Router to Fix Offline Error Message
NOTE: While troubleshooting network connection to fix printer showing the offline message, you need to connect the printer directly to the wireless network.
- Finally, turn ON your system.
Why Does My Hp Printer Keep Going Offline
To take a deeper look into the issue of HP OfficeJet, HP PhotoSmart, or HP Envy Printer offline, we will be going through its causes. These have been mentioned below:
- Jammed paper may be causing the issue.
- Problems with the cables or connection may be responsible for the offline status.
- The HP printer may have been set to offline mode.
- The firmware may be lacking important updates.
- You may not have updated the drivers for your HP printer.
- It is possible that your device may not have been chosen as the default printer.
Don’t Miss: Where To Sell Empty Printer Cartridges
Reset The Hp Envy 5540 Print Spooler Service
If the printing device is unresponsive, the problem may be a blockage of the print spooler service, which sometimes freezes. This option can be easily unlocked in the settings. After finding it on the list, you just need to start or stop the service.
Turn off the printer. In the Control Panel, select System and Security, then Administrative Tools and Services. A window will appear in which you need to find the Print spooler and right-click it. You must select Restart among the available options. Thanks to this, the service will be reset.
One Smart Way To Get The Printer Back Online From Offline
- To get your printer online, go to the settings and after that select Printers. Right-click the Printer option and click on Use Printer Online.
- Check if there are some print jobs. If yes, then remove them. Double click on the printer you want to select.
- Select the Printer Menu and click on the Cancel all documents option.
- If there were any print jobs or , it may have caused the error and made the printer go offline. In this case, try printing again to make the printer come online again. Print a page as the test to check that there are no errors now.
- Find the printer and switch that to Printer Off and then, again turn it on again.
- Check and make sure there should be no print jams.
- Again, check the network connectivity and also wireless connections. Make sure every connection should be properly working. Reboot your computer or device. ;
- In case, if it does not work, you will need to do the re-installation of drivers.
Recommended Reading: How To Setup Fax On Printer
Clearing The Print Queue
Sometimes, the print queue gets backed up with too many requests that may not even be printing but are still holding up the rest of your important documents.
Checking your print queue is important because having too many documents waiting could prevent your printer from working as well as it should.
You can get to the following screen by going to your Settings and searching for Printer.
After the list has been emptied, you can add another document to the print queue by just printing things as usual. Likely, your HP Envy 4500 will react and take care of things from there.
What Does It Mean When Your Printer Is Offline
If youve received this error message, it can be frustrating. It doesnt mean that your printer is broken, however. An offline printer is one that cannot communicate with the device sending the print job.
Unfortunately, a printer that is offline cannot receive new print jobs and process them, so its wise to pause all print jobs until you resolve the issue. Do not send any more print requests to your offline printer until youve gone through our troubleshooting guide. If you have print jobs in the printer queue, you may need to cancel them until you get back online. Just remember to save your work so that you can print your projects later. Some of the reasons might be:
- Outdated drivers
- Connection issues
- A settings error
Each of these reasons has a different resolution process. Lets take a look at what the problem is and how to get back online and printing again.
Also Check: What Is The Best Photo Printer For Home Use
Why Does My Hp Envy 7640 Say Its Offline
The most common reason why HP Envy 7640 printer goes offline is due to a;poor wireless connection;between the computer and your printer. This could happen due to the;router software update, loose connection or you;installed a new router. So if you want to bring your HP 7640 printer offline to online, then please check all these factors.
- Jobs Stuck in Print Queue.
How To Solve Hp Envy 5055 Printer Offline Error
There can be a lot of issues or you can say there are several factors responsible for the cause of HP Envy 5055 Printer offline error such as Printer offline error, Print Alignment error, Print jobs stuck in printing queue error, or Paper Jam error, etc., but dont worry using the below-given step by step guide can help you to turn HP printer from offline to online.
- First of all, reboot your HP Envy 5055 printer by shutting it down and then turning it on again.
- This is to check all the cable connections and to ensure that the power is on for the printer.
Still, if the problem prevails, further do follow these below-mentioned steps to solve HP envy 5055 printers offline Error both in Windows as well as Mac:
Also Check: How To Setup Wifi Printer
Quick Steps To Troubleshoot Hp Printer Offline Error
- Initially try to set your printer to online. For that go to settings and then Printers.
- Now right click on the printer icon and click use printer online option.
- Next double click on the printer icon and click cancel all documents.
- Printer may go offline because of something stuck in the printer.
- Reboot your HP printer, computer and router. In your computer go to settings and choose printers.
- Then select properties. In the General tab choose driver button.
- Now delete the driver and reinstall it from the HP printer official site.
HP Envy 5055 Constantly Goes Offline and Disconnects from the Network
The reason behind the problem is mostly because of the firewall issue. It Is not about the software driver , cable connection or router problem. You can set a static IP address on your printer to avoid the switching of address and prevent HP printer offline error. In your printer go to menu, setup and network. Then inside the network menu click Network Configuration Page. The page contains the IP address.
You have to enter the IP address in the web browser of your computer. In the following page choose setup, network and click ok. Now click manual instead of choosing automatic. Make sure you are out of routers DHCP range. Then click save changes and restart your computer to start printing. In printers and faxes right click on the printer and choose properties. You can read the hostname from the Network Configuration sheet.
Solved: HP Envy 5055 Goes Offline But It Is Not
Check The Hp Printers Wifi Connection
Properly configured device may show problems with connecting to WiFi. The wireless printer must be connected to the same network as the computers, otherwise they will not be compatible. The best solution in this situation is to reconnect the printer to the network. We wrote about how to properly do this in the article How to connect a network printer via WiFi?
Reset the hp envy 5540 device
Sometimes the simplest solutions are the most effective. If the hp envy 5540 printer remains offline.; It is a good idea to reset it it can restore the connection between the printer and the computer. You can do this by unplugging the printers power cord . Turning off the computer, then connecting the printers power cord and turning on the device. You should also reset the router if you are using a wireless printer. The easiest way to do this is to unplug the power cord from the back of the router. After completing these steps, wait for the router to turn back on and the printer to find a connection. It only remains to restart the computer.
Don’t Miss: Who Makes The Best 3d Printer