Is Your Printer Connected Via Wireless Connection
If your printer is wirelessly connected, then make sure that you are turning it off and wait for the printer to become completely silent, when it turns on.
If you see that the connection is not coming back on even after restarting the printer, then you need to try the same thing for the router. Make sure that you are closing all the activities of the network.;
In order to restart the router, the first thing you need to do is to unplug it from the power source. Wait for at least 30 seconds before you start the router.;
After you have connected the router to the power socket, then you need to wait for the router to establish the internet connection. The LED lights on the router are going to indicate the connectivity. You need to make sure that prior to the proceeding.;
Restart the PC and make sure that it goes inactive. Once you see it getting restarted, you need to click on the apple icon and choose the preferences in the system. After that click on the list of the printers and scanners, this is going to open the list of printers that are installed on Mac.;
Choose the printer if you are able to see it in the list. If you see that the printer is not showing up on the list, then it is a fact that the network connection is the reason why you are getting the Canon Printer Is Offline Mac Error.;
To receive more updates on the Latest launches and product reviews. Subscribe to our daily newsletter by filling the form below.
Quick Fix Three: Force The Status Of The Printer To Online
Did you know that you can manually force the status of a wireless printer to go online? Its a quick and easy way to see if you can fix the offline issue:
Hopefully, these quick fixes work. Next, lets look at ethernet or wired printer offline issues and how to fix them.
Solution : Check Printer Settings
Whether you have a windows system or a Macbook, printer settings can be managed from the control panel. Checking printer settings on your system is somewhat an advanced-level job.
If you think you can understand system configuration, then check the following:
- Restart your router to clear any problem in the network. Whether you are using a Wired/Wireless printer; this is for all.
- In system, Settings check if your printer status is Online
- Clear all pending printing jobs.
- If your network has added more than one printer; make sure Canon printer is set as default.
- Check with default IP and gateway IPS of your printer and the network.
Read Also: How To Get A Printer Online Windows 8
Solution : Basic Troubleshooting
- First, check the USB connection between your printer and computer. Verify if the cable has been connected properly at both end ports.
- If you have connected your printer and computer over a wireless network, check the Wi-Fi connection status.
- Restart your printer and router.
- Place your printer close to your router to reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Reconnect your printer to your Wi-Fi and check if the problem has been resolved.
- If your printer status is still offline, move on to the next solution.
Why Does The Canon Printer Go Offline
Canon printer offline error means that the printer is unable to communicate with the computer and hence will not work until you change the status to online.
Several reasons may result in this error. However, usually, it happens if the cable connections are faulty or damaged. Besides, faulty or outdated drivers may also be the reason why the Canon printer may go offline.
Recommended Reading: What Does Collated Mean Printer
Another Way You Can Get Your Printer Back Online Follow The Steps Below:
To attempt to get your printer online. Go to “Settings” and then “Printers.” Right-click on the printer and select “Use Printer Online.”
Check to see if there are any print jobs and clear them. Double click on the selected printer.
Go to “Printer Menu” and select “Cancel All Documents.”
If there was a printer jam or job that may cause the printer to show an error and go offline.
Try to print again to set the printer back online. Print a test page to see if the error has been resolved.
Find the printer and switch it to printer off and then turn it back on.
Check to see if the printer has a jam which can create an error.
Check all the network connections and wireless connections to make sure all connections are working. Restart the device or computer.
How To Fix Canon Printer Not Responding
- If your canon printer wont print, maybe the communication between your Mac or Windows system and the Pixma printer is lost. For that, reset your system and try carrying out a printing job.
- Meanwhile, keep the printer as close to the router as possible for maximum signal strength.
- In order to check the signal strength, print the network settings sheet and follow the necessary steps to resolve the canon printer, not the printing issue.
How Do I Get My Canon Printer Online Back Mac
When purchasing a canon printer for your Mac, you need to analyze this first that the printer you are choosing is able to connect with MacBook. For this, you can ask the manufacturer or research online. Sometimes canon printer offline issue also occurs when a canon printer is connected to MacBook. If you are facing the issue of canon printer offline, then read further to solve turn your printer back online for Mac, below.
If these steps dont work properly then you need a professionals help. You can contact canon printer support by dialing their toll-free number 1 652-2666.
How To Fix Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages
Canon printer printing blank pages issue could occur in any model of this brands printers. This issue is common and resolvable as well. Lets learn about why my canon printer is not printing and what can we do to resolve this.
- First of all, we need to make sure that the ink cartridge that we are using is original canon ink or compatible with the Canon PIXMA printer.
- Secondly, make sure that the Canon printer is not placed on a too hot surface.
- Then, try cleaning the printhead of the canon PIXMA printer from your device.
- To do so, click on My Computer and open Control Penal.
- Then, select the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on the Canon PIXMA printers name displaying on the screen and click on Properties.
- Then, click on the Clean printhead option.
- Carry out these steps unless the printhead is completely cleaned.
- After that, take out a sample print to check if the issue is resolved and the printer is not printing blank pages anymore.
Read Also: Hp Printers That Use 564 Ink Cartridges
Causes Why Canon Printer Not Printing
If your Canon Pixma is not printing, you can find out the reason by troubleshooting the problem. The canon printers software has a troubleshooting option. It will help you identify the problem and you can solve it accordingly.
A few reasons for your canon printer to stop printing could be as following:
- There could be some issue with the USB or wireless connection between the printer, router, and system. That will result in canon printer wont printer.
- If there is a recent change in the router or network connection that could make the printer go offline and it will stop printing.
- If the system or printer has stayed inactive for too long or slow internet connection can also be a reason for the printer going on sleep. And new updates not installed.
- If Canon PIXMA printer is not set as the default printer, and the command is going to some other device.
- Incompatible drivers or virtual printer copy can also cause trouble. Make sure that the installed drivers are up to date and download if a new update is available on their website.
- An empty ink cartridge or paper tray will also be a reason for canon PIXMA not printing.
- Check for any error message on the printers screen. It might be shown some error that is causing cancellation in printing.
How To Fix Canon Printer Wont Print Wirelessly
- If the canon Pixma is not printing wirelessly, try restarting all the connected devices i.e. router, printer, and system.
- Switch off everything and start over.
- Remove the cable from the printers rear and disconnect it from your PC.
- Then firstly, turn the printer on and wait for a few seconds.
- Then start the system. Once its started, reinsert the power cable into the printer and rebuild the connection.
- Then restart the router and connect the printer and the system to the same network connection.
- Once everything is restarted, trying taking out a test print to check if the issue is resolved.
You May Like: What Does Collate Mean When You Are Printing
How To Set The Printer To Online Manually
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers.
Right click the printer in question and select See whats printing.
From the window that opens choose Printer from the menu bar at the top.
Select Use Printer Online from the drop down menu.
Check And See If Your Printer Is Ready
Canon Pixma MG3620
PG-240 and CL-241 ink cartridges
You May Like: How To Print To Hp Printer From Android
What To Do If Canon Printer Offline 8
However, to turn the online from the offline printer and want to know how to fix this issue? CANON is a world-renowned company that deals with many technological gadgets such as phones, printers and other devices. The most demanding and best-selling product is its printer. These are important tools for a job and a professional home, which makes work easy and straightforward.
And to improve the usability and performance of the printer, the company adds key features such as WiFi connectivity, wireless connections, and more. So, in this article, we will help you with appropriate solutions to the problem you are facing.
Are you aware that CANON offers a free tool to help you diagnose and resolve printing errors? If you havent downloaded it yet, you can take the next step to resolve the printer issue.
Restart the Print Spooler service
If you receive the Printer Offline message, you may be able to resolve it simply by restarting the Print Spooler service.
Your printer uses this service to print, and by restarting it, you can fix this problem. To do this, follow these steps:
- First, press the Windows key + R and enter services.msc, then press Enter or click OK.
- open services.msc
- When the Services window opens, locate the Print Spooler service, right-click it, and choose Restart from the menu.
- Restart the printer spooler service
Connect and fix CANON printer offline Windows 10
CANON Printer Offline Mac
Instructions for CANON printer offline Mac
Physical Printer And Cable Checks
Check both ends of the USB cable are firmly inserted. If the printer is networked then make sure the Ethernet cable is firmly inserted. If the printer is wireless check your internet connection or make sure its connected to your router.
If youre connected by cable try using the end of the printer cable in multiple ports or sockets on your device.
Try using a different cable to make sure the fault is not with the cable alone. If youre on a network or wireless device a simple check would be to attach a cable to your computer/or device to make sure your printer is working. Therefore the fault could be with your network connection.
You May Like: Elpamsoft Airprint
Solution : Disable Use Printer Offline And Set The Printer As Default
- On your Windows computer, open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Give a right-click on your printers icon and select the See whats printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- If there is no green checkmark on your printers icon, give a right-click on it and then select the Set as default printer option.
- Once your printer is set as default on your computer, you can see the green checkmark.
Make Sure That The Printer And Pc Are Connected Properly:
The first thing that you need to check through the list is to make sure that your printer is connected to the PC. This may be the primary reason why you must be facing the issue. Many people choose to ignore this step as it might seem basic to them.;
Make sure that you are checking your PC to see whether it shows that a printer is connected to your Mac or not.
You May Like: How To Restart Printer Spooler Windows 7
Checking The Wireless Connectivity
If your printer didnt turn back online even after re-settling the wired connectivity. Then you should proceed and check the wireless connections of your network. To check, do the following:
- Restart your router by turning off/on the power supply.
- Reboot your Mac system as well.
- Wait until the connectivity light on the router becomes stable.
- Also, let the mac system reboot completely.
- Once Mac is ready to work; click on the Apple icon.
- Select the System Preferences
If you see and can choose your printer in the device list, that means your printer is connected and back online.
In case you didnt find your printer name on the list then your network connection is the culprit. It is your wireless connection that is causing a problem for your printer working. In such a situation you need help from some experts.
Remove Another Connected Printer
Connecting more than one printers to your system could be another reason to get you an Offline Printer error on Mac.
The same printer added with different names in your system may also confuse the system. To straighten up the things; do the following:
- Check-in your Printer & Scanner window.
- For the time being remove all other connected printers.
- Delete all the multiple icons created for your canon printer.
- Choose your printer and set it to default.
The Canon printer offline error will shoo away until now.
If your printer is still showing offline and you cant do any further printing job. Then proceed to the next troubleshooting trick.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Canon Ts3122 Printer To Iphone
Deactivate The Use Printer Offline Concept Of Your Canon Laser Printer
- Enter the control-panel in the research box from Begin. > Click on Control Panel from the outcome.
- Clack on Hardware & Sound>Devices & printers.
- Find out and right-click on the Canon imprinter in Printers collection. After that select See whats printing.
- Clack on Printer to understand if Apply Printer Off is unimpeded. If its checked with a mark, tick it to uncheck.
- Click on Imprinter once more and this time, clack on Cancel All Forms & Print your folder to get if the Canon printer works.
The second reason for the offline mistake is the choice of Utilize printer offline in your arrangement. When this selection has been permitted, it might hiatus the printing rank or make your printer off. A printer driver not being connected properly can be the third reason for this fault. Adding up, your device can be off when the printer-driver has been connected but is not the newest one.