Turn Off Use Printer Offline Option
If you recently made any changes to printer or system settings or your printer or system encountered some error, this could result in setting printer status as Use Printer Offline. Thus your printer is showing offline status, or your brother printer is going offline itself repeatedly. To turn back your printer into Online status, do the following:
- Go to start menu
- Select the printers and faxes option. A new window will open showing the details of currently installed and working printers.
- Double-click on Brother printer icon.
- Deactivate the option use printer offline by tapping on it.
This will automatically reconnect the printer to the system and change it to online from the offline status.
Check The Cartridges And Paper Tray
One of the persistent causes of offline printer problems is paper jams. So, open your printer and look if theres any paper stuck inside. Also, put sufficient sheets in the paper tray before beginning any operation.
Low ink levels on the cartridges can cause this problem too. In that case, check the ink level and dismiss the software-generated warnings.
And if you are facing frequent cartridge problems, you can look for a quality product among the 10 best printers with long-lasting ink cartridges.
Fix: Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline
Brother Printers are well known in the industry for providing economical printers without compromising in the printing quality. Brother is one of the direct competitors for HP and Canon printers which are considered to be the best ones out there.
Recently, several users have complained that they often see the printer go into offline either automatically or after some idle time which can range from 10 to 30 minutes. This issue can become very problematic as users will not be able to print pages as the printer itself will be listed as offline and the documents will only be added to queue when directed to print.
Recommended Reading: Uncollated Vs Collated
How Can You Fix Your Brother Printer Offline Issue
Does it ever happen to you that you are going to print something important but your Brother printer shows himself offline? That moment can be very annoying and it can cause a lot of trouble for you. However, this problem is common among many printers. Read this article further to know the reasons for which you are facing this error.
What are the Possible Reasons Due to Which You are Facing the Brother Printer Offline Issue?
There are numerous reasons due to which your Brother printer might be showing an offline status. Some of them are:
- There is no electrical connection between your device and your Brother printer.
- No power supply or sudden fall in the power connection can ultimately lead to the offline status of the printer.
- When there are conditions of Paper Jam or Empty Toner, the printer will not print any document and will show an offline status.
- If your Brother printer is not set as the Default Printer in the settings it will not print anything on the print command.
- If your network or Wi-Fi connection unstable, the printer will show an offline status.
How do You fix the Brother Printer Offline Issue?
Below are the points through which you can try to fix the Brother Printer offline status error.
If still, the problem persists, there might be some technical internal errors in your printer. To overcome them, you might need to contact a technician for the Brother Printer Troubleshooting process. You can also contact Brothers service to resolve this error with ease.
Why A Printer Appears Offline
If you ever get the Printer Offline message while trying to print something, it could be for one of these reasons:
Luckily, its not that hard to sort most of these issues by yourself.
Don’t Miss: Collate For Printing
Look For Connectivity Problems
If there are no paper jams or cartridge problems, chances are there might be some connectivity issues.
So, check whether the power cord has gone loose or not. And if your printer is connected via USB cables, make sure the connections are secure at both ends.
For a wireless printer, make sure there are no issues with your network and your printer is showing that its connected.
Oftentimes, the device may go into an idle mode for being online for a long time. Although it shouldnt cause your printer to go offline, its plausible. In that case, turn off the printer for 1 minute before attempting to turn it back on.
Make Sure The Printer Is Ready To Print
The first step would be to rule out the possibility of Printer being switched OFF or being in Sleep Mode. Also, make sure there are no errors or blinking lights and there is enough paper available in the input tray.
If the Printer is OFF or in Sleep Mode, press the Power button to turn ON the printer or wake it up.
Also Check: How To Connect Canon Ts3122 Printer To Iphone
Set Your Printer On Default Mode
If you have more than one printer connected to Wi-Fi, there is a chance that windows have selected that as the default printer. You need to ensure that Brother printer is the default printer in windows for brother printer offline fix. For doing that:
- Open Run by pressing the Windows and R keys at the same time on your device.
- Type Control Panel and press OK
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Search for the Brother printer and ensure that one is checked as the default printer.
The Connection Between Printer And System
- Ensure that the connection between the system and printer is uninterrupted. If you are connected to the printer through Ethernet, then check if it is properly linked to both. Print a network configuration page to help you out if you require an IP address.
- If you are connected through a USB cable, make sure it is connected properly. If you have any doubt, you can connect it directly without the hub.
- In the case of wireless connection, get the IP address through network configuration.
There are very high chances of at least one of these methods working out for you and resolve the Brother printer is offline issue. If none of this works, you might have to troubleshoot the issue and take some other steps which are listed below. These fixes will surely help you get your printer back online.
You May Like: How To Connect Canon Ts3122 Printer To Iphone
Step B: Make Sure The Printer Is Connected To The Computer
- If using a USB cable, make sure the cable is connected to both the printer and computer. Try connecting it directly to the computer and not via a hub.
- If using an ethernet cable, make sure the cable is connected to both the printer and router/hub/switch. Print the network configuration page to check the IP address.
- If using a wireless connection, print the network configuration page to check the IP address.
If the issue continues, go to STEP C.
Click Start> Devices and Printers.
If the check mark is not on your Brother machine, right-click the icon for your Brother machine and select Set as default printer.
Physical Printer And Cable Checks
Check both ends of the USB cable are firmly inserted. If the printer is networked then make sure the Ethernet cable is firmly inserted. If the printer is wireless check your internet connection or make sure its connected to your router.
If youre connected by cable try using the end of the printer cable in multiple ports or sockets on your device.
Try using a different cable to make sure the fault is not with the cable alone. If youre on a network or wireless device a simple check would be to attach a cable to your computer/or device to make sure your printer is working. Therefore the fault could be with your network connection.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Epson Printer Back Online
How Do I Stop My Brother Printer From Going Offline In Windows 10
The introduction was explained based on Windows 10 and is a solution applied to a printer connected by USB. Turn manually in windows 10
- First, right-click the printer icon to check if the printer is offline.
- Enter the print job list view.
- Printer Offline Solution | Author Astronomical Printer.
- A window appears on the right, and it is marked Offline.
- Right-click the printer icon and enter the printer properties.
- A window will pop up. In the Ports tab, find the printer in the list of printers.
- Check the USBXXX Port box and click OK.
- After that, disconnect the USB cable and connect it again.
- This is how the USB recognizes the computer and printer.
- Now, go back to the print job list and check it?
- A window pops up and the word offline has disappeared.
- This is the end about the offline solution for the printer.
Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 Try These Steps To Get The Brother Printer Online
- On your Windows 10 open the control panel
- Right-click on the brother printer icon, go to the printer and cancel all the documents.
- Check the status of the printer by merely bringing the cursor in the brother printer icon.
- If the status is offline or paused, remove the checkmark from the list.
Sometimes, the status of the printer is offline, or it is not working correctly because of the incorrectly installed or copied drivers and connecting the USB into the wrong port. If the problem that exists is due to several copied drivers, make sure you chose the driver you know is working.
Read Also: Epson 200i Ink Cartridge
Let Us Now Look At The Steps For Resolving The Brother Printer Going Offline:
Whatever may be the reason behind this issue, one of the important questions is whether how are you going to fix this issue. You also do not need to panic as there are multiple checks and fixes that will determine and resolve the issues that you might be facing.
Below we have described a few solutions in order to resolve the brother printer going offline status. Try all of them and see whether you resolve the issue or not or if you encounter this issue again.
Not Set As A Default Printer
Once youre sure the printer is powered on and connected to your computer, its time to check the software side of the problem. First thing to do is to see whether the printer youre trying to use is set as default for your computer.
This should change your printers status from offline to online. If not, check the next section.
Don’t Miss: Turning Printer Online Windows 8
Change A Printer’s Status From Offline To Onlin
Why Is Printer Offline Windows 10 . Set Printer To Online Status . Printer Online Settings . Hp Printer Says Its Offline. How To Get Printer Online Again . Change Printer Status To Online . Turn Printer From Offline To Online . Turn Printer Online Windows 1 I have a Brother All In One which was working fine in Windows 7 but is now contstantly showing up as offline in the print queue. I have a home network with my main machine my desktop running Win 7. I have 2 other laptops – one is a HP with Vista, and the other is a Macbook Pro. I have been able to print today from the laptops, but the desktop tells me that the machine is offline.
Brother Printer Offline Here Is How To Get It Online
Isnt it annoying that you could not print an important document just because your Brother Printer is not cooperating with you? The Brother Printer offline issue is a common issue faced by the Brother Printer users over a period of time and they have been looking for solutions to fix the same.
Read on to find out more on Brother Printer offline reasons and troubleshooting methods.
Recommended Reading: Where Is The Wps Pin Located On My Hp Printer
Print Offline In Windows
Another reason for your printer not being online is the Use Printer Offline feature in Microsoft Windows 10. This feature allows you to prepare your documents for printing, regardless of whether your printer is available at the moment or not. Although this looks like a useful thing to have, it actually causes a bunch of issues.
Fortunately, sorting these issues is really simple.
This should hopefully bring your printer back online.
Brother Printer Offline Printer Is Offline 855
Don’t Miss: How Do I Connect My Wireless Printer To My Phone
Step A: Verify The Brother Machine Is Powered On And There Are No Errors
How Do You Get A Brother Printer Back Online
On the Brother printer driver icon do one of the following: – Windows XP or Vista: Right If Status Monitor still shows Offline, but you can now print: – Restart your computer. This may update the Status Monitor’s communication with the Brother machine. – Make sure that your security software isn’t blocking access to the Status Monitor. Refer to your security software’s documentation for. How do you get a brother printer online follow the troubleshooting steps given below. FIRST OPTION: CHECK PRINTER CONNECTIVITY STATUS If your printer is not connected properly with your computer or network you will notice the problems or printer w.. I have an HP 6100 PhotoSmart series that is our network default printer. I use it with my new DELL Inspiron 1720. Almost every time I want to print, it fails to do so. When I go into the printer control panel it says Offline and the only way to cure this is to delete the printer and then reinst.. All W10 debug attempts, Brother printer settings, wifi and router settings to determine the trouble reported OK e.g. installed, working, ready etc. But my printer wouldn’t ‘budge’. After hours and hours of frustration and getting nowhere, I resorted to removing the latest W10 update (I can’t see the actual update number because I removed the.
You May Like: How To Turn Printer Online Hp
How To Remove Printer Drivers And Packages
Make sure you are using Windows as an Admin or sign-in as one.
Type CMD in the search bar.
With command prompt open type printui /s /t2 including the spaces to open the Print Server Properties window.
Now remove the Driver and Package for the printer in question.
You can now add your printer again by selecting Add a Printer from Devices and Printers.
Your printer should now be showing as online and allow you to continue printing.
If not there is likely to be an issue with the printer electronically, further advice would be to contact the printers manufacturer or a printer technician.
Always check the cost of a printer fixing error in some cases it may be cheaper to purchase a new printer rather than pay the fixing and maintenance cost.