What To Do If Brother Printer Receiving Data But Not Printing
If your brother machine freezes on receiving data or it receives data but still not printing, then you can try the steps that follow:
By now your machine will start working correctly. If your brother printer printing blank pages even after trying these solutions, then you must uninstall and reinstall Brother Printer driver.
Queries raised by Brother Printer users
Why is my printer connected to wifi but not printing properly?
There could be umpteen of reasons why you are facing this issue even if your brother printer is connected to wifi. The most possible reason is that there is no paper in the feed tray or your printer has run out of cartridges. Besides this, there could be a possible connection issue that is not letting you take the printouts properly.
Why does my network printer wonât print anything?
How do I fix unable to print?
Why does my wireless Brother printer wonât print?
How do I reset my wireless printer?
Why is my printer not printing correctly even though it has ink?
How do I fix print and scan issues with Windows 10 upgrade?
Try Network Connection Repair Tool
This tool assists you in restoring printing capability with minimal user interaction. This utility will automatically locate and update your Brother machine’s IP address within your printer driver.
You must log on with Administrator rights. Make sure the Brother machine is turned on and is connected to the same network as your computer.
The; instructions of Network Connection Repair Tool are available on the download page.
Try to print. If you still cannot print, set up your Brother machine again, go to 2.5.
Facing Printer Errors Try These Brother Printer Troubleshooting Tips
If you are facing any problems with your Brother Printer, then these troubleshooting tips may help you. Follow the below listed quick tips or connect with our high expertise technicians on Brother Printer support number to resolve your issue over phone. Our Brother Representatives help you directly discussing your issue over phone. They offer best solutions based on your problems or help remotely at absolutely free cost.
Recommended Reading: How Do I Find The Wps Pin For My Printer
Why My Brother Printer Is Offline But Shows Online
Many Windows users report issues related to Brother printer offline even if they are connected and fully operational. The error is usually found in the printers that function with a wi-fi network connection. Then one must follow the technical guidelines used for troubleshooting printer offline error.;
Go to the start button of the desktop and right-click on that, a small screen will pop-up and then click on Devices and Printers. The next tab will open the control Panel>Hardware and Sound> Devices and Printers. Now look for your printer model and right-click on it and now click on see whats printing. Now, reset the printer and click on set as default.
Some Common Brother Printer Driver Installation Problems
Below check out some of the common Brother Printer problems received by the users while trying to install the drivers on Windows 10 computer:
So, these are some of the common Brother Printer driver problems that occur when trying to update or install the driver on the Windows 10 system.
Now follow the fixes given to resolve different Brother Printer Drivers Install problems.
Recommended Reading: What Does Collate Mean When You Are Printing
How To Fix Brother Printer Not Printing Double Sided Mac
For Mac users follow the steps below
Step 1: Choose the print command on your application.
Step 2: Choose your Brother Printer.
Step 3: Expand the print window.
Step 4: Click on the drop menu.
Step 5: Click Layout.
Step 6: Select either Long-Edge binding, or Short-Edge binding under Two-Sided.
Step 7: Click Print.
Brother Printer Not Printing In Black Color
In this section we have described troubleshooting steps to fix Brother Printer not printing in Black color error.
Here is a quick list of the most common reasons that impede Brother Printer not printing in Black text.
- This error may occur if the tape on the printer cartridge is not removed properly.
- Use of low-quality generic ink cartridges.
- If the new cartridge is not installed well before getting dry.
- If the printer is not being used often or the tanks are not mixed appropriately.
You May Like: How To Install Canon Printer On Iphone
Brother Printer Troubleshooting For ‘not Printing’ Issue By Checking Port
Firstly ensure that your Brother printer is connected to the right port. Incase if its not, follow these steps-
- Go to settings.
- Then ,click on devices and select printer & scanners.
- Now select devices and printers.
- From the device list, select the printer you are using and right-click on it.;
- From the dropdown menu select properties.
- Under properties, select change properties from the general section.
- Thereafter, select the ports option and click on the port which contains your printer name.;
- Finally, click on apply to complete the process.;
Try To Set Up Your Brother Machine Again
If you have carried out the above checks and connection repair, and still cannot print, try reinstalling the driver .
Temporarily change your firewall/security settings to allow network connection
Your computer’s firewall/security software may be preventing the network connection from being established. If you receive firewall-related notifications, we recommend temporarily changing the security settings on your computer to establish the connection.
- Before disabling the firewall, make sure the changes you want to make are suitable for your network. Brother will not take any responsibility for any consequences of disabling the firewall.
- When finished, make sure to turn the firewall on again.
If you have set up your Brother machine again and still cannot connect and print, perform additional wireless connection checks, go to 3.
Read Also: How Can I Get My Printer Back Online
The Printer Is Not Installed Properly
If your Brother printer is connected but not printing, there is a possibility that the installation of Brother Printer hasn’t been done in the right way. To ensure that there is no issue in installation, you can better remove your printer and then reinstall it again. Heres how to remove and re-add your Brother printer:
Removing Brother Printer
- Go to the;Devices and Printers;section of your computer via the;Start menu.
- Right-click on your printer and then click on the option;Remove device; your printer will be removed successfully.
Reinstalling Brother Printer
Why Does Brother Printer Print Extra Blank Pages
When you print something and receive an extra blank page from the brother wifi printer, please change the printer feed mode settings. Pick up the end of page retract from feed section.
Now save these settings. Suppose it doesnt solve the problem. Please go to why does my brother prints a blank page after each job? for more details.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Canon Mg2522 Printer To Wifi
Brother Printer Not Printing Due To ‘offline’ Issue
Check the printer setting and see if its set in the offline mode. If that is happening, your printer may stop working. To change the setting, here is what you need to do
- Go to settings.
- Then click on devices and under devices and click on printers and scanners.;
- Now select the printer you are using.;
- ;Right click on the printer.
- Select printer option from the upper left corner.;
- A dropdown menu will appear. Now unselect use printer offline option.
- Ensure that the use printer offline option is unchecked.;
What To Do If Your Brother Printer Stops Printing Black
1. Is the breather tape at the top of the cartridge fully removed?
2. Has the new cartridge been recognized correctly by the printer? If not then follow this procedure.
3. Run a maximum of 2 nozzle cleans on the black print nozzle from the LCD menu on the actuall printer itself. Follow this procedure to clean the offending nozzles. Note: Only use the nozzle cleaning procedure a couple of times as too many times can actually make the problem worse.
4. Try printing a few solid black images with the printer set to the highest quality photo mode. This ensures that ALL nozzles are printing and may help to push the ink out of the nozzle.
5. If none of the;steps above help then you may need to use a printhead cleaning kit to break down the dried ink that is inside of the printhead. Below is a great video which shows the procedure;in great detail. Our .
You May Like: Restart Printer Spooler Windows 8
Brother Printer Printing Blank Pages
We discussed with you in the earlier section why Brother printer prints blank pages. This common error occurs when you give a print command but the only output you get is a blank page. Not only in Windows but in Mac as well this error can be seen. So, here we will tell you solutions for each.;
Brother Printer Printing Blank Pages on Windows
1. First, check the ink status of your Brother printer. For this turn on the device and then press the Menu button.;
2. Then select the option of Ink management and hit Ok.
3. Now, tap the Ink volume option and again press Ok.
4. The next step is to look at the ink level of your device and then hit the Exit button. Alternatively, you can also press the Stop button if the Exit button is not there in your device. If the ink level of your Brother printer is really low, then you will be required to replace it with a new ink cartridge. In case the ink levels are fine, then the ink cartridge might not have been inserted properly. If this is the case, then move to the fifth step.
5. To check that the ink cartridge has been placed correctly, access the ink cartridge cover, pull down the lock level and then take out the ink cartridge. Install it properly and then close the cover.
6. Now give a test print. If the result is a partially blank output, then jump to the seventh step.
7. Click Start and select Control Panel. Then go to Devices and printers and right-click on it to access the Printer properties.
This Post Has 5 Comments
of course like your website.
Plz let me know what is the CISS system?
Thanks for your comment. CISS system is a device used on printers that increases the capacity of ink a printer can hold.
I look at the ink cartridge and the ink is totally spread up all over the printer. Please help me.
If you are facing such kind of issues then feel free to contact us.
Don’t Miss: Why Does My Printer Always Go Offline
Brother Printer Prints But Does Not Scan In Windows 10
Now, in 7 steps, we will tell you in detail what to do when your Brother printer will print but wont scan. Before we begin, check that your device is powered on, displays no error, is available to print, and the network connection is in place.
1. Go to Start, click on Control Panel and then go to Hardware and Sound. Select Devices and Printers and then right-click on your device for Printer Properties. Print a test page to see the device is working.
2. Now, again go to Control Panel and type Scanner in its search box. Select View scanners and cameras and check that your devices scanner icon exists. If not, then install the scanner driver from the Brother website.
3. Check the IP address or Brother printer by pressing Menu on the printer. Then press Print reports, followed by choosing Network Config and then hit Ok. Choose between Color Start or Black Start and press Exit/Stop. To set the IP address on scanner driver, go to Control Panel and search Scanner in the search box. Click on View scanners and cameras and open Scanner Properties. Select your device. Hit the Properties button. Click Continue/Yes. Go to Network Setting and choose Specify your machine by address. Now fill in your IP address and hit Ok.
5. After the network operation, enable the Firewall again by visiting System and Security. Click Windows Firewall and choose Network and Sharing Center. Then, select View your active networks.
Brother Printer Was Not Properly Installed
Improper installation can cause your Brother Printer not to print. Hence, the only solution is to uninstall and reinstall your Brother Printer.
How to Uninstall Brother Printer
Follow the steps below to uninstall your Brother Printer:
Step 1: Click Start or the Windows button on the taskbar of your Windows computer.
Step 2: Go to your computer settings.
Step 3: Click Devices.
Step 4: Click Printers & Scanners.
Step 6: Choose your Brother Printer by right-clicking on it from the list of devices that appear.
Step 7: A dropdownmenu will appear, click on Remove device.
This action will uninstall your Brother Printer.
To reinstall your Brother Printer, we recommend your read this quick guide.
If your Brother Printer is not printing anything on paper, the above solutions ought to fix it. But if they dont, then it is time to call a qualified technician.
Read Also: How To Clean 3d Printer Nozzle
Check Your Brother Machine Is Available To Print
- If an IP Address conflict occurs, please consult a network administrator to get a correct IP address.;
- Obtain the machine’s Boot Method setting using the Network Configuration report you printed earlier. If the Boot Method is AUTO, change it to STATIC. For details, please refer to the User’s Guide or Network User’s Guide.
Brother Printer Unable To Print
Brother Printer Unable to Print ;Printers could be extremely dubious right now, they can truly influence your work to endure. No one can really tell which little issue in printer could prompt a noteworthy inconvenience. So one such issue which needs your consideration is Brother Printer Unable to Print. Despite the fact that Brother printers are overwhelming printer advertise from long and effectively it has made its place in your home and workplaces however with regards to specialized inconvenience its not behind.
Quantities of clients face;Brother Printer Unable to Print issue. At;Tech Support Expert we have managed numerous clients who basically think that it is hard to do it all alone. Hence, we have assembled a couple of techniques which you can endeavor to determine Brother Printer Unable to Print. Here at Tech Support Expert, there are;a group of exceedingly qualified specialists who are particularly well in what they do.
You May Like: Hp Printer Pictures
Brother Printer Not Printing Double Sided
If you have a brother printer that can print documents on both sides of the paper then you will have to make sure that the Brother printer driver has the duplex printing option in it. Check with the printer driver installed on your system and if it already has the duplex printing option then, enable it.;
If there is no feature of Duplex printing, uninstall the current driver and download the Brother printer duplex featured driver from the official website. Once you have downloaded and enabled the duplex feature successfully, the Brother printer will print on both sides of a paper.;
Still your Brother printer not printing double sided? Try the next method.
Change the Page and Paper Settings in the Brother Printer;
If your Brother printer not printing double sided then you should change the following Page and Paper settings:
- Open the Printers and Faxes from the Control Panel options.;
- Choose your Brother printer driver and right-click on it to expand the options.;
- Make sure you mark a tick before the Print on both sides option and hit the Apply option to make changes.;
We hope the guide was helpful. In case, you have any query related to How to Connect Brother Printer to Wifi. So, call us on 844-308-5267 or drop us a comment.
Make Sure Your Brother Machine Is Turned On
If the machine’s screen is blank
The machine is not turned on or is in Sleep Mode.
- Press any button on the machine to see if it wakes from Sleep Mode.
- If it does not, then check that it is plugged into a working socket and any power switches are turned to ON .
- If the machine is unresponsive even though you tried to turn it on and off, contact your Brother dealer.
Don’t Miss: How To Print From Iphone To Brother Printer
How To Deal With A Paper Jam
Whatever the reason for the paper jam, you should know how to fix it if it happens. The official Brother printer support suggests a few solutions depending on what kind of problem youre experiencing. Youll see a message on the LCD, telling you where the paper is stuck: at the front, at the back, or both.
Before you start troubleshooting, unplug the printer from the power source. If youre checking the inside of the printer and touching the print head, you should wait for it to cool down first.
If the paper is stuck at the front, you should follow these steps:
If the paper gets stuck at the back, heres what to do: