Remedies To Resolve Hp Printer Offline Problems
To get your offline printer work well again, you must troubleshoot it by making the following checks:
- Make sure that your HP Printer is powered on
- Check if it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network or not
- If nothing helps, try running a printer power cycle
- Make sure that it is set as the default printer
- You must try clearing the print queue of your HP device
- If that doesnt help, reset the print queue managing service
- Uninstall and reinstall the latest printer drivers
- Restart your PC and try establishing a connection once again
How To Fix Hp Printer Offline Windows 7
- Check the wifi network and see if it is working properly.
- Remove all Pending print job.
- Go to the windows 7 start button and click on it.
- Cursor over the Devices and Printers and click on it.
- Go to the printer list and right-click on your printer.
- Remove all the pending jobs.
- Now, Download the latest printer drivers as per windows 7 specifications.
- Install the software and restart the printer.
- Again, go to the printer setting and click to add the printer.
- Add your printer from the list and test a print job.
How Do I Get My Hp Printer Back Online With Windows 8
Various solutions are provided below to fix the hp offline issue in windows 8-
- To check the USB cable is connected properly.
- If the printer is wireless then the internet connection should be checked.
- Check the settings of the printer through the control panel.
- Remove the pending printing tasks.
- To remove and reinstall the printers.
- Now remove the printer drivers and software to check if there is a problem with them.
- Update windows 8 regularly and properly.
Don’t Miss: How Do I Connect My Iphone To My Canon Printer
What Causes Hp Printer Offline Issue
There could be multiple reasons for this issue. Some of which are some of the most possible reasons:
- Use printer offline is turned on
- The HP printer has been turned off
- The network cable or USB cable is not connected properly or has damaged
Now that you know the answer to why is my HP Printer offline, you can scroll down and look at the solutions as per the reason. Before that, lets see what are the consequences when an HP Printer says offline.
Fix: Get Hp Print And Scan Doctor To Fix Printer Always Offline
You need to download the specific version of HP Print and Scan Doctor Software. It was particularly created to help users to fix printer always offline status to online on Windows 10 or Mac.
- First, download the hp print and scan doctor software.
- Next, you are supposed to run HPPSdr.exe from the downloaded location on your system.
- After installation open HP Print and Scan Doctor window, click on Start, and then choose your wireless printer.
- If your printer does not recognize by the system, then turn it OFF and ON, then click on Retry.
- While you found your device is not connected correctly, then follow the instructions from HP Print and Scan Doctor Software.
- When a message on the screen advises you to turn on the printer updates, click Yes.
- When a message on the screen suggests you, set your printer as default, click Yes.
- Now there will be two options available on your window Fix Printing or Fix Scanning. So, click on Fix printing.
Finally, try to print a document. If it appears offline, then continue to the next method to fix it.
Also Check: Hp Ink Resetter
What Does It Mean When Your Printer Is Offline
If youve received this error message, it can be frustrating. It doesnt mean that your printer is broken, however. An offline printer is one that cannot communicate with the device sending the print job.
Unfortunately, a printer that is offline cannot receive new print jobs and process them, so its wise to pause all print jobs until you resolve the issue. Do not send any more print requests to your offline printer until youve gone through our troubleshooting guide. If you have print jobs in the printer queue, you may need to cancel them until you get back online. Just remember to save your work so that you can print your projects later. Some of the reasons might be:
- Outdated drivers
- Connection issues
- A settings error
Each of these reasons has a different resolution process. Lets take a look at what the problem is and how to get back online and printing again.
Why Is My Hp Printer Offline
When your printer is ready to deliver printout, but suddenly what you encounter is your HP Printer Offline issue. The main purpose of such an Offline printer error is that your printer and computer might not have properly connected to the network. Therefore, the very first thing you require to do is to check the network connection and if it is okay, then set the printer to Online through printer settings section. The thing you should do is to go to the Settings option and then choose your printers. Now, give a right-click on the Printer icon and check-mark on Use Printer Online option. In just a couple of second your HP printer will converted into Online from being Offline. Moreover, you can call at +1-205-690-2254 and take reliable assistance from our well-qualified tech-geeks.
Recommended Reading: Epson 220i Vs 220
How To Turn My Hp Printer Offline To Online In Mac
Sometimes, in Hp printers, offline status is shown on mac devices. So, do you want to get rid of this error on your Mac device? If yes, then there are several solutions available to solve this error. Many Hp Printers face this issue on mac devices while printing a document or report. Usually, when the user tries to print a document on a mac device, HP printer offline status is shown. Hp printers are one of the leading and best printers people use in their homes and workplaces. The printer has some amazing features like various wireless connectivity options.
Fix 2 Make Sure Your Brother Printer Is Set As Default Printer
In addition, you should check if your Brother printer is set as the default printer. Heres how to do that:
Step 1. Type control in the search box and select Control panel.
Step 2. Change the View by to Large icons and select Devices and Printers.
Step 3. Right click the Brother Printer icon and select Set as default printer.
Read Also: Where Is The Scan Button On A Canon Printer
Why Does My Printer Say Offline
why does my printer say offline printer as default on windows, mac, or Linux version and turn printer online easily . Printer Offline has been providing instant and effective support for printer offline related issues such as How to bring an offline printer online? Our roster of experts is experienced and technically qualified for fixing entire problems in a printer. Now call and Get Printer Offline Instant Support. Our team comprises of customer care officials technicians who work together to provide the best possible resolution to the customers.
When you are working in office/home & you need urgent prints of documents for meeting & suddenly you see my laptop keeps saying my . Commonly this errors can occur for seemingly no reason. You are frustrate with lots of questions in mind like: How to bring an offline printer offline?
Fix : Disable The Use Printer Offline Mode
If the Use Printer Offline mode is on, your printer wont work online. Therefore, when the printer says offline, follow these steps to check and turn off the offline mode.
- Use the keyboard command Windows+I to bring up the Settings panel on your screen.
- Select Devices from the panel that becomes available to you.
- Select Printers & Scanners from the left pane of the Devices window.
- Choose Open queue.
- Select Printer from the top menu and unmark the Use printer offline option if it is marked.
Read Also: Hp 3630 Wps Pin
How Do I Switch My Hp Printer From Offline To Online In Windows 10
Below are some of the ways which can be helpful for you to fix the hp printer offline issue on windows 10-
- To re-install your printers drivers
The following steps are needed to be followed for the re-installation of printer drivers-
- In the control panel, click on the printers and devices option.
- Search your printer name and right-click on the remove device option.
- Check if youre on a VPN connection
If your computer or printer is connected to a VPN connection, then also the printer can show the offline status on windows 10. If you want to use a Vpn connection, then directly connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable.
Fix 5 Disable The Pinter Offline Feature
Another Brother printer offline fix is to disable the Windows 10 printer offline feature. It has been proven by many users to be helpful. Have a try now.
Step 1. Right click your Brother printer and select See whats printing.
Step 2. In the pop-up window, click on Printer at the upper left corner and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option.
You May Like: Samsung Tablet Printer
Use Hp Print And Scan Doctor
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows computer to help diagnose and fix printing and scanning issues.
Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer.
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor, and then follow the prompts to install and open the tool.
On the welcome screen, click Start to select your printer and run the diagnostic.
If your printer is not found, click My product is not listed, and then follow the instructions troubleshoot the connection.
Hp Printer Keeps Going Offline Fix It Like A Pro
Troubled because of HP printer offline windows 10 issue? This utterly common issue creates a problem for many users. Learn how you can fix it in no time after reading this complete blog.
Today theres no doubt in saying that printers are an important part of our professional world. We rely on them every now and then even though they can become a barrier at any time. Users often complain when their HP printer says offline. Their work suffers and the problem becomes frustrating when the HP printer keeps going offline again and again.
You May Like: How To Print From Android To Hp Printer
Why Is My Hp Printer Saying Offline Windows 7 & 8
Windows 8 and 7 users, who are looking for the solution for why my HP printer is offline can use the below given steps to get rid of it. Follow the below given simple steps. Now, set your printer as default in the Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- Search for devices in the Windows and then click on Printers & scanners icon from the list of results shown to you.
- Now, right-click on the name of the HP Printer that is being shown as active to you and not grayed out, and then select Set as default printer.
- Try testing your printer by printing something.
- If the printer remains offline, then proceed to the next step.
- Now check the printer port along with the windows service station.
- If your printer is using a WSD port, then check Windows Function Discovery services status.
- After checking, add a TCP/IP port if required.
- Now, search your Windows for control panel and then open the Control Panel.
- After opening the control panel, click on the View devices and printers to open the Devices and Printers window.
- Right-click on your printer, select the Printer Properties, and then click on the Ports tab.
- Now, check if your printer is using a WSD port.
If your printer is not using a WSD port, skip to the next step in this article. In case your printer is using a WSD port, continue with these steps.
Why A Wireless Printer Is Offline
If your Wireless Printer Is Offline, then there might have a lack of communication between your computer and your printer. Check the network connection immediately and make sure there is no issue. There can be a number of reasons also for this, from paper jamming, to a fault with your printer itself. To get the actual reason behind it and the real ways to get back your printer Online, you need to place a call at +1-205-690-2254 24/7 accessible helpline number. The highly proficient tech-specialists will answer your call and give you right instructions in a right way at your doorstep.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Canon Printer To Computer Without Cd
Fix Printer Offline Errors By Our Expert Technicians
Printers incompatible print cartridge error fix
Sometimes you cant print a file document hence your printer is showing offline status. This frustrating issue can be resolved in an easy way on your printer. All that you need to do is to switch your printer offline to online. To ensure that any another printing problem doesnt exist & cross-check for the paper jams proper installation of ink cartridges, paper tray and low ink.
Youre lucky if youre using Windows, as Windows has inbuilt printing settings that permits you to use your printer when its offline & these settings allow its user to save the document that you want to print when your printer is disconnected to your computer. So, when you change your offline printer back to online status then your sends those documents to the printer and allow you to print the documents.
Printers incompatible print cartridge error fix is a very common issue in any printer. These issues can range from connectivity issues to a powered-down printer. So, you can change your printer offline to online sends print jobs directly to your printer without waiting & make sure that your printer is connected to the computer before you change your Windows setting from offline to online.
Other Important Factor Due To Which ‘hp Printer Shows Offline’
Whenever your HP printer says offline, always consider these factors-
- In case of a wireless connection, always ensure that you printer and computer are on same Wi-Fi network. To know more about connecting your HP printer to wireless network, .
- Once the HP printer is configured in the computer, always reboot your system so that the settings of HP printer can be saved.
- Paper jams, low ink levels, voltage fluctuations, lack of compatibility are other reasons that may cause your printer to go offline.
Read Also: How To Uninstall Printer On Windows 10
Solution : Remove Pending Printing Jobs
Now restart your printer and see if the printer is printing or not. If not, then follow the next step.
Fix : Start The Windows Print Spooler Service Again
Your printer says offline most of the time because the Windows Print Spooler service is not working correctly or is inactive. Below is how to make it run or restart it if it is already running to fix the issue.
- Use the shortcut command Windows+R to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter services.msc in the given box and click OK to view all the services .
- Locate and view the status of the Print Spooler service. If the service is not running, right-click on it and select Start.
- If the service is already running, right-click on it and select Restart.
- Exit the window.
Recommended Reading: Connecting Printer To Mac Wirelessly
Solution : Checking Your Vpn Connection
The HP Printer Offline issue often appears when the printer is connected to a VPN. Below mentioned are the steps to troubleshoot the problem concerning VPN connection
Fix 5 Create A Manual Ip Connection
Step 1: Print a Network Configuration Page from the network settings or network setup menu. Then, under your network connection type , check whether the network status is connected or not.
Step 2: If the status is not connected, you should connect the printer to your network first. Then, find the IP Address, Subnet mask, and Default Gateway for your network connection type. If you find different numbers for IPv4 and IPv6, you only need the IPv4 number. Then, find the URL for the Embedded Web Server .
Step 3: Open the EWS URL in a browser with internet connected. In the EWS, click the Network/Networking tab, open the Wired/Wireless menu, and then click IPv4 Configuration. Select Manual IP, click Suggest a Manual IP Address, and then configure the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway number according to the Network Configuration Page.
Step 4: Click Apply, and then wait until the changes are confirmed.
Then, you can check whether the problem is solved. If not, you can then use the IP Address to create a new TCP/IP Port. After that, test printer again to see whether the problem is solved.
Read Also: Where Is The Wps Button On My Printer