Disable Use Printer Offline Option
When your Canon printer appears offline, you can use this helpful fix of disabling the option of Use Printer Offline to bring it back to the online printing status.
This procedure is only 7 steps long.
1. Press the Start button of your systems keyboard and then click on Control Panel.
2. Find and click on Hardware and Sound.
3. The next step is to click on Devices and Printers.
4. Now, right-click on your Canon printer and choose the option of See whats printing.
5. After this, click on Printer. In the drop-down menu, you will find the option of Use printer offline. Uncheck it.
6. Then click on Cancel all documents.
7. Now reconnect your Canon printer and give a print command to ensure that the Canon printer offline error has been fixed.
Canon Printer Offline Fix 4
Follow The Given Set Of Instructions Carefully To Get Canon Printer Online From Offline:
Step 1: Click on “Windows” key of your computer and then go to control panel of your computer system.
Step 2: Click on “Devices and Printers”, this will take you to a tab where your printer will be listed. Look for your printer name and right click on it. From the drop-down menu make sure that your printer has been set as the default printer.
Once that is verified go down and see the option for “Use Printer Offline”, if this option has been checked, uncheck it and save the settings. Restart your printer and see if the problem is resolved.
Fix : Disable The Use Printer Offline Mode
If the Use Printer Offline mode is on, your printer wont work online. Therefore, when the printer says offline, follow these steps to check and turn off the offline mode.
- Use the keyboard command Windows+I to bring up the Settings panel on your screen.
- Select Devices from the panel that becomes available to you.
- Select Printers & Scanners from the left pane of the Devices window.
- Choose Open queue.
- Select Printer from the top menu and unmark the Use printer offline option if it is marked.
Also Read: How to Connect HP Printer to WiFi | Complete Guide
Don’t Miss: How Do I Get My Canon Printer Online
Why Does My Canon Pixma Printer Say Offline
Canon printer offline error occurs when the printer is unable to receive any print commands from the system. Issues with the USB: A poor connection between the printer USB & the computer due to loose wiring may result in Offline error. So make sure that the connection between printer and computer is made properly.
Set As A Default Printer
- To set your Canon MG3600 as the default printer on your windows 10, you must first open the control panel.
- Next, you need to navigate to the devices and printers.
- Now you have to look for your Canon MG3600 model and make right-click on the icon. Make sure that you select the set as default printer option.
Read Also: It Keeps Saying My Printer Is Offline
Still Not Able To Fix Run Our Diagnostic Tool
Faulty or Outdated Printer Drivers Can Also Lead to the Canon Printer offline Error:
Outdated or faulty printer drivers can be the reason for Canon Printer Goes offline Windows 10 status. Make sure you install and update the correct printer drivers for your system. You can update it manually or automatically.
Follow these steps to update Canon printer Driver :
- First go to the search box on Windows system and open run dialog box
- Then type devmgmt.msc in the run dialog box as shown below in the image.
- Next Device manager window will open. From there expand the print queues option to find your Canon printer from the list.
- Then right click on your Canon printer model and click on Update Driver option from the menu.
- Next Click on the Search automatically option to update driver software and then reboot your computer. These steps will resolve your offline problem on Windows 10 for Canon printer.
How Do I Reset My Hp M1136 Printer
To restore the product to the factory-default settings, follow these steps.
Read Also: Print From Samsung Tablet To Wireless Printer
Issues Relating To Offline Canon Printer
Has all these ever popped up in your mind? Why is my canon printer offline? Why does my canon printer says offline? You surely have come to the right place to end all your queries. Whether you have any brand of printer and operating system, there comes a list of common problematic issues. Lets take a quick look at it:
- Slow internet connection
- Loose or weak USB Cable connection
- Corrupt or less advanced printer driver
- Insufficient ink in the ink tank
- Non compatible printer driver
Action : How To Find An Ip Address Of Canon Printer Windows 10
How to find canon printer ip address. If there is a problem with the port you are configuring, adding a new port may resolve the printer offline. If you know the printer name or IP address of the wireless printer. Try to add the TCP / IP port by following the steps and fix canon printer offline error.
Open Start> Windows System Tools> Control Panel> View Devices and Printers. Right-click Offline Printers to open Printer Properties. If you see Change Properties on the General tab, click it. Click the Ports Tab. Click to Add Port. The available port types will be displayed. Select Standard TCP / IP Port & hit New Port. Add Standard TCP / IP Port starts. Click Next. Enter the Printer Name or IP Address. Refer manual for Printer model or IP address. Click Next to add the new printer port. Finally, click OK. You can add a new printer port by following the steps above. Check if the offline of the printer is improved.
Action 9: Disconnect the VPN connection
If you have a VPN connection on your computer, the IP address assigned to your computer may change and you may not be able to communicate normally with the printer. If you are using a VPN connection, disconnect it and then check if the printer goes online.
To disconnect the VPN connection, follow the steps below.
- Select the Connected VPN and click Disconnect
- Finally, check the canon printer driver when the wireless canon printer goes offline in windows 10 and cannot print.
Recommended Reading: Removing Printer Drivers
Disable The Printer Offline Feature Of Your Canon Printer
If by mistake in your printer settings, you have marked a tick on Use Printer Offline, then you have to untick it to revive your printer, back into online mode.
- Go to the Control Panel
- From the homescreen of the Control Panel, choose Hardware and Sound.
- Now, a menu will open up. Move your cursor to the Devices and Printers.
- Under Printers index, right click on the Canon printer.
- A drop-down menu will be displayed, pick See whats printing.
- Press Printer to check whetherUsePrinter Offline is unticked or not. even if its ticked, then tap it to uncheck.
- Now again go back to that Printer option and now choose Cancel All Documents or Pause Printing.
All the steps are done, now just print your document to ensure if your canon printer is working properly.
How To Restart Print Spooler And Turn Printer Online
Action 4: Start / restart Print Spooler
Turn Canon Printer Offline in Windows. Why is my canon printer offline and how to use the print function on Windows 10, the Print Spooler service must be running. Also, if there is a problem with the Print Spooler service, the print function may not be available and the printer may be displayed offline. Follow the steps below to start the Print Spooler service. Even if it has been started, restarting it may solve the problem.
- First right-click on the taskbar & click on Task Manager.
- The task manager will start. Click the Services tab.
- If the tab is not displayed, click Details to switch to the detailed view.
- Tap to open service management tool in the window,
- A list of services will be displayed, so look for Print Spooler.
- Right-click on Print Spooler & Start printer.
- If the status is Running, click Restart.
- The Print Spooler service will start .
Related: What to do if the Print Spooler service stops on its own Windows 10. After starting the Print Spooler service, check if the printer is online.
Read Also: Hp Office Jet Printing Blank Pages
Reconnect Your Canon Printer To Wi
To fix the wireless printer connectivity issues, this is the first thing you should try. Although these steps might slightly vary for different printer models, you can still try it:
- Go to the Settings of the printer.
- Now, Forget the connection of the router.
- Then, reconnect it to a Wi-Fi network.
- For this, you need to press and hold the Wi-Fi button.
- You need to do it until the light starts to blink.
- Now, press the WPS button.
- Make sure it is blinking blue continuously. This means it is searching for the available networks.
- When it finds and sets to a network, it will stop blinking but will remain steady.
Now, try to print from your Canon printer and see if it works.
Solution : Reconnect Printer To Wi
Before we refer to other workarounds, first we will reconnect your printer your Wireless router. You can forget wireless router from your Canon printer by accessing its settings. Then you can reconnect it from scratch. We have demonstrated how to connect a wireless network to a specific canon printer. Your model might be different but the steps are more or less the same.
The light will keep blinking while searching for available networks. It will also keep blinking when it is connecting to the access points. When the printer successfully connects to the access point, the light will remain lit.
WPS button on your router is present somewhat to its side.
If you dont want to use the WPS method to connect to your network, you can use the settings on your printer LCD and connect accordingly.
Recommended Reading: How Do I Scan A Document On My Canon Pixma Printer
How Do I Change My Canon Printer From Offline To Online
Go to the print and fax control panel in the Hardware category. Select the printer you want to select from the list on the left side of the screen. Then click on the Open queue button. Click on Resume from printer present at the top of the queue window to change canon printer from offline to online.
Fix : Update Your Version Of Windows
Running an outdated operating system also causes many problems, like the one when your printer says offline. Therefore, to fix the issue, you need to carry out the Windows update.
Here is the complete process to do it.
- Put the shortcut command Windows+I to use to get your computers Settings.
- Make a selection of the Update & Security settings.
- Check for updates to your operating system.
- After the successful execution of the above steps, make sure to restart your computer.
Don’t Miss: Making Wired Printer Wireless
Check The Printer Connections
As mentioned above, faulty and lose connections is the most common reason for Canon printer offline error. You can check a few things to make sure the connection between the printer and the computer is proper.
- Make sure all of the USB cables are properly connected and attached to the right port. Replace the USB cables if required.
- Check the Canon printer model that is added to the system is correct or not.
- Make sure the printer is connected to the right wi-fi network.
- Also, make sure the printer and the computer are connected to the same wi-fi network.
- If you are using a wireless printer then check the network connections properly.
S Tot Turn Canon Pixma Offline Issues
Action 3: Reboot the router
If the canon pixma offline and cannot connect to the network, there may be a network problem. Follow the steps below to restart the router and check if the printer can connect to Wi-Fi normally. Unplug the router. Wait at least 10 seconds and then turn on the router again. After restarting your router, make sure your printer is online in windows 10. If you stay offline, try the following actions.
Don’t Miss: How To Install Canon Printer Without Cd Drive
Set Canon Printer As Default In Windows 10
If the Canon printer is not set as default then it will show the offline error. So, make sure to follow these steps.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Then select the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, from the list of printers choose the Canon printer and then select is as default.
- You will now see a green tick adjacent to the Canon printer which means it is set as default.
If the Canon printer offline windows 10 error does not go away even after setting the printer as default. Then you must get in touch with the technical support team for help and more information.
Change The Printer Port Configuration Settings
Disband the SNMP Status in the printer port configuration. You can disable by following the given series of steps:
- Launch the home page of your systems control panel.
- Find Devices and Printers option and click on it.
- Now right on the Offline Printers and view Printer Properties.
- A drop down menu will appear, click on Change Properties.
- Next, navigate to the Ports tab and select Configure Ports
- A dialog box regarding port configuration will open up, then unmark the Enable SMNP status and hit OK.
- Tap on Apply to put the current setting into motion.
Now check if your printer is showing the online status.
You May Like: Brother Hl-2270dw Offline
Canon Printer Offline Windows 8
Go with the 5 short steps given below to fix the offline printing status in Windows 8:
1. Select Settings from the Desktop charms.
2. Choose Control Panel.
3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
4. Now, tap on Devices and Printers.
5. Right click on your devices icon and choose Use Printer Offline.
Offline Printer Fix 11
How Do You Fix Printer That Says Its Offline
Troubleshooting offline printer problems
Recommended Reading: Completely Remove Printer Driver
Restart Your Printer Spooler
Printer Spooler manages all the print jobs that are sent to the printer. Try restarting the Spooler service and ensure that if this can correct the Canon printer offline issue.
Check Canon Printer Settings
You can check the printers settings from the control panel in Windows as well as Mac. So, here are the steps that you need to take to fix the Canon printer offline error because of a settings issue.
- Restart the router as it will resolve any network related issue.
- Open the settings and check the status of your printer online.
- Make sure to clear the pending print jobs.
- If the network has more than one printer added, then make sure the Canon printer is set as default.
These are some of the solutions that you can try to fix the offline error. But if the canon printer keeps going offline and you are thinking what else can you do?
Then you will have to perform a more advanced troubleshooting solution. If you are not a tech-savvy person then we recommend getting in touch with the printer technical support team for help and assistance.
Recommended Reading: Install Canon Wireless Printer Without Cd
Where Are Print Jobs Stored Windows 10
Launch File Explorer from your Start menu, taskbar, or desktop. Click the address bar in the File Explorer window. Type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers and hit Enter on your keyboard. You can now return to the Services window and complete the process by restarting the Print Spooler service.https://www.flickr.com/photos/wfryer/22321767778