The Elaborate Steps To Find The Ip Address Located On My Hp Printer
- The first option is the Configuration sheet. If the printer has buttons on it, you can print a configuration page by pressing and holding the Go and Power button for ten seconds. Certain printers have the option to print a configuration page available in the system menu. Click Menu Information Print Configuration.
- The second option is the Menu option. If the printer has a built-in screen that enables menu navigation, you can navigate to the network settings menu to find the IP address.
- The third option is Printer Properties. Access your printerâs properties from the computer that is connected to your printer. Go to the Start menu and click Devices and Printers.
- Choose your printer model, right-click on the printer, and select Printer Properties. Click Ports to access your printer network because it usually contains the IP address.
S To Add A Printer Using Ip Address For Windows
To add a printer using an IP address on Windows 10, follow the steps below:
Note: Dont uncheck the Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use box.
Thats all there is to it. It will take a couple of seconds for Windows to locate the printer. Once the two devices are connected, type in the printers name. In addition, if you want this device to be set as the default printer, all you need to do is check the Set as the default printer box. Afterward, click Finish, and youre good to go.
Another way you can add a network printer using an IP address on Windows 10 is with Control Panel. Heres how its done:
Find Printer Ip Address By Printing Configuration Page
It doesnt matter whether you want to find HP printer IP address, Canon printer IP address, or Epson printer IP address, this method should work in most of the cases because almost all the modern printers do come with the Configuration Page.
Check and see if your printer also has one and permits printout of the configuration page. In order to take print out of a printers configuration page, usually, you have to hold the Power button for around 5-10 seconds.
While the settings differ from printer to printer, you can find the option to print Configuration page in the System Menu. In the majority of printers, you will be able to print the configuration page by clicking the Menu > Information > Print Configuration option.
From here, you will be able to see your printer IP address;along with various other things like general information, wireless information, and much more.
You might also like to learn: How to Change Printer Name in Windows 10
Read Also: How To Print From Iphone To Brother Printer
How To Find A Printer Ip Address On A Mac
You can find your printers IP address on a Mac via System Preferences, via connected devices on your router or online using the Common Unix Printing System .;
Find a Printer IP Address on Mac Via System Preferences
System Preferences on a Mac is where you personalize your Macs settings. You can use it to find your printers IP address using the steps below.
Find a Printer IP Address on Mac Via Connected Devices on Your Router
You can also find your printers IP address on a Mac via TCP/IP settings in the System Preferences menu.;
Note: The information listed will be different depending on the router youre using. However, you can check for words like connected device list, network map, network topology or similar terms.;
Find a Printer IP Address on Mac Using CUPS
How To Find The Ip Address Of Your Wifi Printer On Windows And Mac
Every WiFi printer will have an IP address assigned to it that will allow the printer to connect to your home or office network successfully. If youre having issues printing to your WiFi printer, knowing the IP address can be helpful when you start troubleshooting. Its also useful to know the IP address if you need to install the printer on a different computer.;
There are a few ways you can go about finding the IP address of your WiFi printer on your computer. If the printer has a display, you can usually get the IP address by printing a configuration page via the printers control panel.;
If your printer doesnt have a display, youll need to connect it to your Windows PC or Mac to find the IP address. Below are the steps youll need to take to find your printers IP address on Windows and macOS.;
Read Also: How To Get An Hp Printer Online
Find Printer Ip Address Using Command Prompt
1. Right-click on Start and click on Command Prompt.
2. On Command Prompt screen, type netstat -r and press the Enter key.
Once the command is executed, you will find IP Address of all network connections listed, including the IP Address of your wireless printer.
Note: This method wont work if the printer is going through network or connectivity problems.
How To Find A Printers Ip Address From The Printers Menu
You may need to refer to your printers manual for exact instructions, but the following steps should get you to the correct part of the menu on most machines.
1. Press the Home button on the printer to display the menu: select Preferences, Options, or Wireless Settings.
2. Check the top of the next box that appears. The IP address is sometimes displayed on its top border.
3. Cant see it? Continue to View Wireless Details and check there. Alternatively try to navigate your way to networking or network setup options to find your printers IP address. Some printer menus may use headings such as TCP/IP, Network Status or Wi-Fi Status.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Brother Hl-2270dw Printer To Wifi
Find Printer Ip Address Using Settings
An easy way to find the IP Address of a Wireless Printer is by going to Settings on your Windows Computer.
1. Go to Settings>Devices> select Printers and Scanners in the left-pane. In the right-pane, select your Printer and click on the Manage option.
2. On the next screen, select you printer and click on Printer Properties option.
3. On Printer Properties screen, you should find the Printer IP Address in Location section of the General tab.
If you cannot find Printer IP Address in General tab, switch to Ports Tab and select the Port that has the check mark.
Widen the first column to see if the IP Address is listed. If not, click on Configure Port option and you should be able to see IP Address on the next screen.
Easy Ways To Quickly Find Your Printer’s Ip Address
- Easiest method: In the printer menu, look for View Wireless Details.
- Next easiest: In Windows, access Printer Properties and go to Web Services or Ports.
- To use the command prompt: Enter netstat -r and press Enter.
This article explains how to find the IP address of a network-enabled printer on your network in four ways: in the printer’s menu, the printer settings on your computer, by issuing a command, or on your router.
Read Also: How To Restart A Spooler For Printer
Use Command Prompt To Get The Ip Address Of Your Network Printer
You can use multiple methods to find the IP address of your network printer using the Command Prompt. Let us examine these options one by one.
Use ARP Tool Option
Use the following steps for finding the IP address of your printer.
- Launch Command Prompt as an administrator on your computer. You can reach here by typing cmd in the Windows Search bar or searching for Command Prompt in the search options.
- At the Command Prompt, type in ipconfig and press Enter
- You will now find the IP addresses of the network. The IP address of your computer will be listed against IPV4 .
- Note down the IP address of your computer.
- Type in ping followed by this IP address and press Enter. Your computer will be pinged and details exhibited.
- Next type in arp -a and press Enter.
- You will find the list of all connected devices and their corresponding IP addresses.
That is it. Note down the IP address of the printer you are looking to connect.
Use Network Route Option
This is another method that should help you find the IP address of your network printer.
- Launch the Command Prompt following the above methods.
- Type netstat -r at the Command Prompt.
That should do it. You will find all the computers, printers and other devices connected to the network along with their corresponding IP addresses.
Please note that if your printer has issues communicating with your computer or the network for some reason, the Network Route option may not work.
How To Find A Printer’s Ip Address
1. Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
2. Right-click the printer and select Properties.
3. Look in the Web Services tab for your IP address if only three tabs appear.
4. Alternatively, look in the Ports tab for your IP address if five tabs appear.
NOTE: Your printer driver will either use a WSD to connect or a TCP/IP port. Depending on which one it uses, three or five tabs will appear in a mini window.
Recommended Reading: How To Print From Iphone To Brother Printer
Find The Printer Ip Address Using The Printer’s Built
On most printers, the network setting is found in the printer menu under Preferences, Options, or Wireless Settings .
The IP address for the printer may be displayed at the top of the network settings dialog box. If you don’t see it, click through the submenus, such as View Wireless Details, to find the IP address.
In most cases, you can’t manually set this IP address. Your wireless router assigns IP addresses automatically to devices that connect to your home network.
Find Printer Using Control Panel
Its often the case that the best solutions in Windows 10 lie not in the more recent settings and interfaces that the OS is trying to direct us to, but in the classic stuff thats been demoted very much to the background.
And so it stands that the best way to find your printers IP address is in the Control Panel.
Read Also: Canon Printer Spooling
How To Install A Wireless Printer With An Ip Address
Wireless printers can be assigned a static IP address through Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol , an interface used to automatically allocate IP addresses to devices that connect to a network. The static IP address remains with the wireless printer and cannot be assigned to other devices, reducing device conflicts on the network. Windows 7 has a built-in wizard that automatically detects and installs to the target PC the software and drivers associated with the wireless printer, but it might fail to create a transmission control protocol/IP port used to establish a connection with the wireless printer associated with your business network.
Confirm that the printer is powered on and connected to the local wireless network.
Select the printer from the list of detected devices. If the printer doesn’t appear, click “The Printer That I Want Isn’t Listed” and select “Add a Printer Using a TCP/IP Address or Hostname.” Enter the static IP address assigned to the printer, then click “Next.”
Create a name for the printer or use the default name. Click “Next” and “Finish” to install the wireless printer to the computer.
Right-click the printer and select “Printer Properties” from the context menu. Click the “Ports” tab, then click “Add Port.”
Select “Standard TCP/IP Port” from the list of available port types. Click “New Port” and “Next.”
Find Printer Ip Address By Printing Configuration Sheet
Many Wireless Printers list IP Address on the configuration page, which can be printed by pressing and holding the Power button for 10 seconds.
On some other printers, the Configuration page can be printed by going to the Control or Settings Panel located on the Printer .
If your printer is different, check the User Manual to see if the IP Address is listed or if it provides a method to print Configuration page.
Don’t Miss: What Does Collate Mean On Print
S To Add A Printer Using Ip Address For Mac
Adding a printer using the IP address on your Mac is just as straightforward. Heres how its done:
Youve successfully managed to connect your printer to your Mac using its IP address. Now you can start using it normally.
Find Printer Ip Address From Phone Or Tablet
To find the IP address of the printer we can rely on the network scanning tools also available for phones and tablets. The best app of its kind is without a shadow of a doubt Fing, downloadable for free from the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
Also in this case all we have to do is connect the mobile device to the same network where the printer is present, open the app and start the network scan, so as to be able to identify the IP address of all the devices present .
If we want to try other apps similar to Fing for IP address scanning, we recommend that you read our guide See IP addresses connected to the wifi network from Android or iPhone.
Also Check: How To Connect Phone To Printer
How To Find Your Printers Ip Address In Windows 10
There are a couple of ways to printyour IP address from a Windows 10 desktop or laptop. The easiest way is byfinding it in the Control Panel. Heres how:
If you cant find your printer in the control panel, you can do a more intensive search by using the Command Prompt. Heres how:
Find My Network Ip Address On A Pc
If the Network Printer uses DHCP, you should be able to find its IP Address by logging into the Router.
1. Switch ON the printer, so that it can connect to the Router.
2. Open Chrome or any other Web browser on your computer > type Router iP Address into the Address bar and press the Enter Key.
Note: Your Router may have a different IP Address, see this article for more information: How to Find Router IP Address.
3. On the next screen, Login to the Router by entering your Router User Name and Password.
4. Once you are logged-in, you should be able to find the IP Address by going to Wireless Clients List .
Note: Above steps may not be applicable or vary, depending on the model of your Router. Refer to the Router Manual or visit the Manufacturers website for the exact details.
Recommended Reading: Collate Print Option
Why Do You Need To Find The Ip Address Of A Network Printer
You may have multiple printers and other devices connected to your network of computers. In those situations, each of your networked computers will have its own IP address. It works as identification of your printer on the entire system.
The networked printer may some times develop glitches, and the print queue may suddenly stop working. In such situations, you would need to diagnose your printer and find the issues it might be having. The IP address of the printer would be one of the essential factors you would need for adequate diagnosis. While most of the printers let you find the IP address through the menu, a few of them may not have the functionality. In those situations, you need to opt for alternative options to check the IP address of your printer.