Faqs Epson Printer Wifi Connection Problems
When it comes to technology, there is no shortage of inquiries. Filled with small parts invisible to the naked eye, these convoluted machines are equally as frustrating as they are important.
The good news is that we have answers to the most common questions related to Epson printers. Read on and discover how easy using this technology really can be.
Why wont it find my wireless network?
There are a few reasons your printer might not connect to a wireless network. The first is an issue with the printer itself. Consider turning it off and then turning it back on.
Go through the steps above to set it up with a wireless connection in your home. The other source of the issue could be with your network itself.
It may be a problem with your router placement itself. Sometimes, the signal gets lost in the noise and your printer cant access the Wi-Fi,; despite trying. In this case, consider placing the router closer to the printer itself.
How do I connect my printer to Wi-Fi?
Once you get going, the setup process is actually pretty simple. Read through the steps above and ensure that your printer and wireless system are ready to go.
To make it easier on yourself, check the status of your wireless connection itself. Provided its strong enough, you should have no issue setting up your printer with the network. Use the guidelines above to get your printer in motion.
How do I set up my Epson printer?
Are there alternatives to the WiFi setup?
What do I do if it keeps disconnecting?
Epson Authorized Service Center Pos
When your Epson receipt printer needs to be fixed, you can trust Techquidation to repair it. ;We are an Epson Authorized Service Center for POS printers, handling both warranty and out-of-warranty repairs.
Our technicians have decades of experience repairing electro-mechanical equipment and are trained by Epson to work on their POS printers, including the TM-T88 series and TM-H6000 series. ;We only use parts directly from Epson to ensure repairs are to OEM standards and quality.
Our technicians are not limited to repairing printers. ;We can fix a multitude of electronic equipment. ;Visit our repairs page to learn more.
Cleaning The Printhead With Paper Towels
- Turn your printer off.
- Tear a single sheet of paper towel in half and fold it lengthwise until it is about one-half inch wide.
- Open the top of your printer and look for a rubber roller that transports paper through the feed system. This feed system is where the printhead runs over when printing.
- Secure the paper towel to the roller with tape and apply several drops of distilled water or cleaner near the middle of the towel.
- Move the printhead assembly over the paper towel and let it rest for at least fifteen minutes. Allow time for the dried ink on the printhead to begin to dissolve. In time, you will see a collection of black ink on the paper towelthis is more than just the black ink, its actually a combination of all colors into one pool.
- Repeat with fresh damp paper towels until you start to see individual colors from each ink port. You may need to repeat the process several times to see good results.
- Next, you will want to turn your printer back on. Before you do so, make sure the printhead assembly has returned to its ready position, rather than resting in the center.
- Print several pages to make sure each of the ports are cleared.
Heres a video on how to do the paper towel method to clean your printhead. Although the cartridge is not an Epson cartridge, the method is similar.
Recommended Reading: How To Start Canon Printer
Is There Anything I Can Do To Continue Using My Printer
Most consumers who are out of warranty elect to replace the printer because replacement of ink pads may not be a good investment for lower-cost printers. In most cases, when this message occurs, the printer’s other components also may be near the end of usable life. If you want to continue using the printer, Epson recommends having the printer serviced at an Epson Authorized Customer Care Center.
Problem 3 Wireless Printer Does Not Work After Upgrading To Windows 10
The first thing you need to do is go to the Epson website and download compatible drivers for your Epson wireless printer. Download and install the Epson printer driver and see if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, do the following.
Some antivirus programs do not work well with Windows 10. We suggest you uninstall any third party antivirus software you are using and use;Windows Defender;that is built-in to Windows 10. Here are the steps to activate;Windows Defender:
Also Check: How To Add Printer Windows 10
Way : Verify The Settings Of The Epson Printer Driver
Whenever there is a minor technical bug within the configuration of the Epson printer driver, there is a high chance that your Epson printer model becomes unresponsive to the system commands. Moreover, this is the most fundamental and useful method that can help you to surmount this technical glitch. Moreover, this is not a troublesome task, you just need to follow some simple steps. Hence, to check for the configuration of the Epson printer driver, perform the simple steps which are affirmed in the following section.
Additional Steps to Verify the Connectivity of the Epson Printer:
Is Having My Printer Serviced A Good Option
Seeking service from an Epson Authorized Customer Care Center is the best option for continued use of your existing printer. However, repair may not be a good investment for lower cost printers because the printers other components also may be near the end of usable life. It may be more economical to purchase a new Epson product .
Read Also: How Do I Connect My Ipad To My Hp Printer
Another Way You Can Get Your Printer Back Online Follow The Steps Below:
To attempt to get your printer online. Go to “Settings” and then “Printers.” Right-click on the printer and select “Use Printer Online.”
Check to see if there are any print jobs and clear them. Double click on the selected printer.
Go to “Printer Menu” and select “Cancel All Documents.”
If there was a printer jam or job that may cause the printer to show an error and go offline.
Try to print again to set the printer back online. Print a test page to see if the error has been resolved.
Find the printer and switch it to printer off and then turn it back on.
Check to see if the printer has a jam which can create an error.
Check all the network connections and wireless connections to make sure all connections are working. Restart the device or computer.
Epson Express Service Centres
Epson’s network of independent computer specialists offer authorised repair services and stock a comprehensive range of the latest Epson products.
All round service, all round performance
With Epson Express Centres, it’s now easier than ever to keep your products performing at their peak. From replacement Epson ink and paper to trouble-shooting, diagnosis and repair, you’ll find all you need to keep your product in peak condition, including:
- Free advice
- On-the-spot repair or courier replacement service
- Comprehensive range of Epson inks, papers and accessories
Based in-store at your local retailer, Epson Express Centres are conveniently located. Open during normal business hours, and within easy reach, it’s now easier than ever to maximise your productivity with Epson.
Please note that Epson are unable to guarantee the Express Centres work load, so we advise that you call the store before starting your journey.
How the Epson Express Service Centre works
If you are experiencing a problem, simply visit your nearest Epson Express Service Centre with your product, the ink cartridges installed, your proof of purchase and your warranty details. Our certified Epson Express Centre staff will provide you with a solution.
Recycling Inkjet Cartridges
For environmentally friendly disposal, you can return your empty Epson ink cartridges to your nearest Epson Express Centre free-of-charge.
To locate your nearest Epson Express Service Centre;.
Don’t Miss: How To Reconnect Canon Printer To Wifi
Distilled Water In Ink Port
- Remove the ink cartridges from your printhead carriage.
- With the ink cartridges removed, you will see small cone-shaped indents which take the ink from the cartridge to the printhead. These are ink ports, and there should be one for each color/black cartridge.
- Using an eye dropper or plastic syringe, put a couple of drops of distilled water or printhead cleaner into the ink port that may be plugged. Do not put cleaner into all of the ports! If youre unsure, which color is which, look at the bottom of the ink port for color residue. Usually, yellow is the color on the far right, and going left its magenta, cyan, and, finally, black on the far left.
- Replace ink cartridges and wait for the printer to set up the new cartridge. If any water or solution dripped from the printhead, wipe it up with a paper towel before proceeding.
- Print out six to eight pages of text and images to test clarity. Still not getting good results? Try this next procedure:
Way : Upgrade The Windows Operating System
One of the most useful tricks is to upgrade the Operating System version in the device. In case, if the above-described ways do not assist you to fix this annoying technical issue of your Epson printer, then by executing this easy and effective method you can surely resolve it. To update the ;Operating System version, go through the below passage in detail and perform the steps.
Finally, after completion of the above-mentioned steps, you need to restart the system and verify whether any technical error statement appears on the screen.
Don’t Miss: How Big Is Printer Paper
Correcting The Epson Printer In Error State For Windows 10
Windows 10 users will want to use the following steps to remove this error:
Step 1: Deactivate the printer and then disconnect its power adapter from your electrical wall socket.
Step 2: Wait a couple of minutes then reconnect the printers power adapter and turn it on to see if the problem has gone away. If not, continue following the steps below.
Epson Printer Repair Service Plans
Your Peace of Mind is our Motto
Epson printer repair service plans are very cost-effective and provide you a worry-free additional coverage. An Epson printer troubleshooting plan can provide additional years of service for your printer and customer support from the date of the purchase of your Epson printer. This Service plan does not protect your printer against excessive downtime, unforeseen accidents. We want you to enjoy peace of mind for years to come with printer repair NJs When you know your new Epson printer is covered Printer repair Njs services plan you also enjoy a hassle-free workflow.
You May Like: Can You Fax With Wifi Printer
Way : Update The Drivers Of The Epson Printer
In case, if the above-mentioned method did not work for you, then you must execute this fixing way to fix this frustrating technical glitch of the Epson printer. Additionally, the driver of the printer could also become corrupted if you have had current power outages, malware or viruses or other technical bugs on the system. A maximum number of Epson printer user reported that they fixedEpson printer in error state issue by updating the driver of the Epson printer to the latest and updated driver version. In case, if an update is available, then download and install it in order to fix this annoying technical issue. To do it, follow the below-described steps.
Update Your Epson Print Drivers
Electronic devices have drivers which can become outdated if time passes. When this happens, you might encounter the Epson Printer in an error state. The printer driver might also become corrupted as the result of viruses, malware, technical bugs, or power outages. The good news is that this problem may be resolved by performing a simple driver update. To accomplish this, do the following:
Step 1: Open up your preferred web browser, then type in the phrase Epson support site in the browsers address bar.
Step 2: When the Epson website comes up in the search engine list, click on it to visit their page and then choose the tab which says Printer or Printer Support.
Step 3: Now type in the name of your Printer model or choose it from the list of available printers. Be sure to select the Printer system type if required.
Step 4: You should see a Drivers section. Click on it and youll be presented with a list of drivers which is probably arranged by date. Before downloading the drivers, right-click your Printer icon in Windows and select Properties to find out which driver you have and the date it was released, and then download all the newer Epson drivers that were released afterward.
Read Also: Why Does My Hp Printer Go Offline
By Step Process How To Connect Epson Printer To Wifi
Here, we break down everything you need to set up your setup in your home.
If you are a visual person, you might want to check out the helpful video;to walk you through the steps below.
Obviously, you will need an Epson printer, a power source, and a reliable Wi-Fi network.; Do you have all of these? Great, lets get going.
Clean Sponges With Distilled Water
- Turn off the printer and open the top. You should be able to see the printhead assembly.
- Look for a small plastic lever, which will pop up when the printer isnt printing, to the left of the assembly. Move it forward and down to release the printhead, then push the assembly to the right. It may only move an inch or less at first, but when you push it to a stop, it will click. This fully releases the assembly so you can push it to the side.
- If there is no lever next to your printhead assembly, print a page with the top up and unplug the printer with the assembly in the center, unlocked.
- You should see sponges, which store ink from the cartridges in the carriage. Using an eyedropper or plastic syringe, saturate the sponges with distilled water or Windex solution.
- Move the assembly back over the sponges as far right as it will go.
- Let the distilled water set for at least fifteen minutes. For the best results, consider letting the printer soak overnight.
- Print six to eight pages dense with text and images until your prints are come out clean and crisp. If you are still not getting good results, consider moving on to the next step in cleaning your printhead.
Also Check: How To Print Photos On Canon Printer