How Do You Change A Printer From Offline To Online
So, these are some reliable and easy solutions to apply to fix the constant offline issue in a hp printer. These solutions must be followed and applied properly to fix the offline issue in a quick and short time. So, that printer is ready to use and to perform printing and scanning functionalities.
Restart Your Printer & Device
If the connections are okay upon initial investigation and the network settings are fine try turning it off and on again. This reboot will restart the connection between the printer and the computer / mobile again that will further help you to conclude your investigation. Before pressing the restart button do not forget to clear all the active print jobs that were sent to the printer.
Sometimes ‘epson Printer Says Offline’ Problem Occurs Due To Printer Driver Error:
Outdated or corrupted printer drivers may prevent your printer from printing. This error can be fixed by simply updating or reinstalling the drivers. Follow these instruction to to re-install printer driver:
- First of all, Open the Control Panel from start menu.
- Now open Add or remove program option and right click on the Epson printer driver from the list of programs. Thereafter, click on Uninstall option from the popup menu to remove your old printer driver.
- Next go to the Device and Printers again and click on Add printer option.
- On the next display window, click on Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- As per your Epson printers model number, install the software in Windows.
- After the completion of setup, restart your your system to check if your Epson printer keeps going offline on Windows 10 error has been fixed or not.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Mac To Wireless Printer
Remove And Reinstall Your Printer
Another way you can fix an offline printer is to remove the printer from your PC or laptop and reinstall it. To remove your printer, simply open the devices and printers in your computers control panel. Right click the model youd like to remove and select remove.
You now need to reinstall your printer to your computer. This usually involves simply connecting your printer to your computer with a USB and turn it on. However, if youre reinstalling a wireless printer, you should first make sure your printer is turned on. Open up your computer settings, click change PC settings, open PC and devices then select devices.
Following these steps should allow you to fix any offline printer. If you have any other issues with offline printing, either get in touch with the manufacturer of your printer or speak to one of our in-house experts.
How To Switch My Printer From Offline To Online In Windows 10
Your printer is offline apparently due to no communication with the attached computer. The reason behind this error may be related to the software or hardware. To further narrow down the issue, we are sharing few list of steps to get your printer back online.
Don’t Miss: How To Reset Canon Printer Pixma
Updating Printer’s Ip Address
A network printer frequently changes its IP address due to security reasons. In most of the cases the default IP address in your system is automatically updated with the new one, yet it is recommended to check your printer configuration to strike out this cause.
If you are using Windows operating system, select Printer properties after clicking on the desired printer from the list. Click on the Ports tab and select Configure port. This will show you the current IP address of your printer. Make sure that the IP address of the printer is correctly added, if not, you can edit and add the correct address of your printer.
For Mac users, select System Preferences by clicking on the Apple icon menu. Choose the option Printers & Scanners and then click on Options & Supplies
Disable Printer Offline Mode In Windows
Moving on, you also need to verify that the printer isnt in Use Printer Offline mode.
Manually Forcing Printer Offline To Printer Online
If all fails you can force your printer to go online. Go to start menu lists, and select Control Panel. Click on the Devices and Printers and right click on your printer from the list that is shown and choose See Whats Printing. Select Printer and click on Use Printer Online from the drop down.Bingo! Your printer has moved from offline to online again.
Dont forget to take a Test print.
What To Do When Printer Showing Offline
Printer showing offline is a common problem that you may face frequently. There are several different reasons for , how to get printer online etc. Problem can be fixed easily at same time whereas the other times the fixing process a bit frustrating & might need professional help. Few of why does my printer say offline issues is mentioned below:
1) Restart the System
- A reboot can fix many issues with a printer that may cause it to suddenly show up as offline.
- Hold power button on your printer till it shut off, or remove power cable from printer.
- Plug-in back and press Power button.
- At this point you need to wait for some time to allow printer to fully reboot
- Try to print your document again. If, it works then your printer offline issue is fixed.
2) Check Connection Issues:
- A printer may also go offline if it has become disconnected from your computer.
- Printer is connected via a USB cable to your computer.
- Fix the offline problem by unplugging it and plugging it again into a different USB port.
3) Fix Paper Jam Issue
- Paper jam inside the printer can be one of the reasons of raising question how to get printer online.
- Remove jam papers safely and place it properly
- Go offline if the ink & toner is empty.
- Replace toner cartridges that are empty to resolve the offline printer issue.
4) Set Default Printer
Recommended Reading: Hp Envy 5530 Printing Blank Pages
Check The Printer Cables And Connections
When tech breaks, always start by checking the basics. Is your printer turned on, and is there paper in the input tray? Is there enough ink or toner? Are there any error messages or blinking lights on the control panel?
Next, assess your printer, cables, and ports for physical damage. Be sure your printer is connected to a power source and all wires are plugged in firmly. If you’re connected by cable, test it in all the ports on your device, and try a different one to be sure that cable isn’t the problem. If you’re connected by Wi-Fi, run a cable between your printer and computer to see if your printer is working. If it is, the issue could be your network connection.
Check And Make Sure Printer Is Set On Default Mode
In many cases your Epson printer goes offline because its not set as the default printer on the windows system.
Follow these steps to set your Epson printer as your default printer:
- First, open the Run Dialog Box from the windows Search
- Then type control and press Enter.
- Now point to Devices and Printer from next windows and click over there
- From the next appearing windows of printer list select your printer and right click on it and make sure that there is a check mark on Set as Default printer option. If not then select the option.
- Now you will be able to see a green check mark on your printer icon.
- Finally your Epson printer says offline error is resolved now.
Also Check: How Do I Connect My Wireless Printer To My Phone
Final Troubleshooting Steps To Get Printer Online
If all those steps did not work, then this will be our last hope for fixing your printer offline issue. These are the same steps your printer manufacturers technical support team will be doing on your printer when you give them a call.
Since our mission here at Printer Not Printing is to empower printer owners in fixing their printer issues without the hassle of interacting with any technical support help. We are giving this final step at no extra cost. We dont care if you have an out-of-warranty printer or not. Were here to help you fix your printer offline issue once and for all.
To get started, you need to be in front of your computer or laptop.
Youll be installing or creating the wireless connection between your printer and computer manually.
If your printer is still showing a printer offline error even if its already connected to your wireless network and has a steady wireless light, then this will be the only solution to fix it.
The first step is to go in front of your printer screen.
Once in front of your printer screen, click on the wireless icon, the one that looks like a radio antenna. Youll see there a set of numbers usually start with 192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x. This is your printers IP address. Take note of this one as well be using it later.
Now, go in front of your computer, open a web browser and type those numbers on the top bar and click enter. It should allow you to access your printers web interface.
Advanced Steps On How To Change Printer Status To Online
You May Like: Restart Spooler Windows 10
How Do You Fix Printer That Says Its Offline
Troubleshooting offline printer problems
Troubleshoot Your Printer Connection
Identify and resolve printer connection issues.
Troubleshoot the printer USB connection
Check the USB cable for damage and length, replace it if necessary, and restart your printer and computer.
Turn off the printer and your computer.
Disconnect the USB cable from your computer and printer, and then inspect the cable.
If the cable is damaged or longer than 3 m , replace it.
If the cable is undamaged and shorter than 3 m , connect the cable to a different USB port on the computer. The port should be USB 2.0 or greater. If you are using a USB hub or docking station, connect the cable directly to the computer.
Connect the cable to your printer, and then make sure the cable is fully secured to both ports.
Turn on the computer, and then wait for the computer to complete startup.
Turn on the printer, and then add your printer or wait for the computer to install the new device .
Troubleshoot the wireless printer connection
Check network issues and setup requirements if the printer is not found during software installs or when wireless print jobs fail.
Restart devices: Restart the printer and the computer or mobile device to clear possible error conditions.
Print a Wireless Test Report: Search the HP Customer Support website for your printer model, and then search forself test page to find the document on how to print and evaluate the report.
Troubleshoot the wired network connection
Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the Ethernet cable from the router and the printer.
Read Also: How Do I Make My Printer Wireless
S To Change Epson Printer From Offline To Online In Windows 10
- Reboot the Epson printer and give a minute to finish booting.
- Make sure that the Epson printer is plugged in to the computer and also check if it has network connectivity.
- Log on to your computer using a local administrator account.
- Go the the start menu and Open Run Dialog box and type Control panel.
- Then Click on the Devices and Printers. Now printers list will displayed.
- Right-click on your Epson printer and select See Whats Printing.
After Finish these steps Epson Printer offline Error Will fix now and get back online now.
Two: Perform A Power Reset And Check Connections
Recommended Reading: Hp Envy Says Offline
Fix For ‘epson Printer Keeps Going Offline On Mac’ Error
Improper printer configuration or connection shows printer Offline message on Mac device. Hence below we have explain the solution to fix Epson printer says offline error on Mac device:
Reset Apple MAC Print Settings Option:
Low internet connectivity may harm your printing system and show your Epson printer as Offline on Mac. To fix this problems follow the below process-
- Open the Apple menu and Click on the System Preference option.
- Go to the Printer & Scanner section
- On the next window, right click on your shown Epson printer and then choose Reset Printing System option.
- Enter your Mac user name and password as asked on the next pop up box.
- Then Press OK button.
Run The Printer Troubleshooter
If you still havent found a fix to get your printer online, let the Printer Troubleshooter help you out. Its a built-in tool that finds and fixes printing-related problems on Windows devices.
The tool will check the Spooler service and print queue for errors, examine your network printers configuration, and run other troubleshooting checks. If it diagnoses any problem with the affected printer, itll recommend the appropriate solutions.
You May Like: How To Unclog Epson Print Head Nozzles
Install The Printer Driver
If you havent installed the printer driver yet, this could be the issue. In order to print, you need to connect your printer to the device you wish to print from. To do this on a Windows computer, go to Start > > Settings > > Devices > > Printers and Scanners, and click on Add Device, at this point you can add the printer you will be using to your list of printers and scanners.