How To Fix Hp Printer Not Printing
Hp printer is the most popular and leading brand for printing papers, but what if you find that your Hp printer is not printing? If so, it will be extremely frustrating for you. The following explains “how to fix your HP printer, not the printing problem” using step-by-step methods.Fix HP Printer Not Printing issues but hp is the most trusted brand. Your printer could work for many years, but sometimes due to a malfunction and many other reasons that affect its performance, you will find that your printer is not printing correctly.Sometimes the reason is as simple as overuse or underuse. Many people do not use their inkjet printers often enough and this can lead to problems with dried ink blocking the nozzles.
How Do I Clean The Printheads On My Hp Officejet Pro 6978
If your printer is not working or not giving out black printouts, you need to check out the printers head. There is a high chance that the problem may lie in the printers head. To be specific, the printers head must have got clogged up. Hence, it needs cleaning. Dont worry its easy to carry out the cleaning. There is an automatic cleaning feature of the printers head within the printer. Run the automatic cleaning feature two to three times. If the automatic feature is not present in your printer then manually remove the printers head. Clean it thoroughly and place it.
Solution : Check Hp Printer Status
Lets start with the easy and obvious stuff first
1) Make sure your HP printer has enough paper in the paper tray. If there is paper then make sure none of it is stuck or jammed in the paper feed. If there is please check with your manufacturer on the best way to remove the paper as you dont want to ruin the internal motor or paper feeder.
2) Is your ink or toner empty? Consult your specific printers manual for how to check the ink levels or toner level for your printer. New HP printers will easily display the ink levels or if there is an ink issue on the front screen of the HP printer.
If you need to have your HP printer serviced you may need to contact HP directly via customer support.
You May Like: What Is Eprint On Hp Printer
Contact Hp Customer Support
One good thing about an HP printer is that they provide excellent customer support for current HP printer users. The support team is always ready to give users further assistance when all basic repairs have been done.
You can quickly contact the HP customer support team through the HP official page. Here you can do troubleshooting with support services or even order additional items like cartridges or toners.
Click here to go to the HP Support site. On their website, you will use diagnostic tools to find and fix issues, Check warranty status or contact an HP agent for Support. To start speaking with a technical support agent, you may have to sign in or key in information about your printers, such as their serial number.
Once you get to speak with a technical support representative, make sure to provide the necessary information to make things easy with your support agent.
Print A Print Quality Diagnostic Report
You May Like: How To Setup My Printer
Start With The Basics
1. Turn off your printer, unplug from the power source and disconnect USB cables as well. After a few moments, reconnect your printer and plug it back in. Then, turn your printer back on.
2. Print a Quality Diagnostic Report or a Print Test Page.
3. You can usually find this option on your printers display screen. Or, check your printers user guide for step by step instructions.
4. Check printer ink levels to double check the ink volume in your cartridges. If youre using aftermarket cartridges that dont show ink levels, well have to figure out another way to determine whether or not your ink cartridges are at fault.
One: Replace The Problem Cartridge
caution:Do not lift the latch next to the carriage to install the ink cartridges. Doing so can result in incorrectly seated ink cartridges and printing problems. The latch must remain down to install the ink cartridges correctly.
note:Never turn off the printer when ink cartridges are missing. Make sure that you replace any missing ink cartridges as soon as possible to avoid print quality issues and possible extra ink usage or damage to the ink system.
caution:Make sure you remove the orange pull-tab and plastic wrap completely before you remove the orange cap in the next step. Otherwise, ink might leak from the ink cartridge. When you remove the plastic wrap, the paper label on the top of the ink cartridge tears slightly, which is necessary to properly vent the ink cartridge.
Figure : Removing the new ink cartridge from the plastic wrap
Don’t Miss: How To Make My Printer Wireless
Check Remaining Ink / Toner Levels & Replace Cartridge If Necessary
Before you do anything complicated, make sure that your printer is not running out of ink or toner. You can visually inspect the remaining cartridge levels on your printer. If they are full but you still cannot print properly, check the cartridges expiry date. Expired ink cartridges often dry up which causes problems in the print results.
You can also check the remaining ink or toner levelson your printer using the following steps:
For HP Color Laser Printers
Print your printers supplies status page by:
- Touchscreen Control Panels
For HP Inkjet Printers
Just press the Ink icon. This will display your printers ink levels.
If the ink or toner levels are low, replace the cartridges. Below are video tutorials you can follow to replace HP toner cartridges and HP ink cartridges:
HP DeskJet 3755
Why Is My Printer Not Printing
Since printers have many aspects, they have a variety of problems. Ideally, its best to check the basics first. Is your printer turned on properly? Are all the power cables connected properly?
If everything is connected well and ready, but your printer is still not responding, we can now look into further causes:
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Canon Ts3322 Printer To Wifi
Check Your Ink Cartridge
1. Replace ink cartridges that are low on ink or empty.
2. Make sure ink cartridges are snapped into place and are properly installed in their appropriate slot.
3. Double check to make sure that youve removed the tape over the vent if you installed a new cartridge.
4. Check if the vents of the cartridges are clogged. You can fix this by gently using a pin to clean up the clog on the vent.
5. Try using a different ink cartridge to determine if your printer is able to recognize cartridges. If your printer used to work with an old cartridge, try installing that old cartridge again and see if your printer produces any sort of outputany shade of gray will do.
We just need to determine whether if its the cartridge or the printhead thats causing problems. If your printer is able to print something with the old cartridge, then its not the printhead. Rather, your new black cartridge may be faulty and needs to be replaced. But if your printer still wont print with the old cartridge, then the next step is
Fix : Check Printer Status
If you have tried the methods above and your HP printer still cannot print, you may need to check if there are hardware issues on your printer.
You need to ensure your HP printer has enoughpaper, ink, or toner, and it is not stuck on paper jam. Also, check the status of your printer cartridge and try replacing it with a new one if it is not good enough. In some cases, your HP printer stops printing after you replace its parts. If this happens you should install the original ones back and see if the problem is resolved.
You May Like: How To Change Printer Options On Iphone
Why Is My Hp Printer Not Printing
What results in my HP printer wont print? You may have such doubt when encountering HP printer not printing issue. Well, according to investigation, there are several possible factors that can cause the HP printer problems.
When you encounter one of the following cases, your HP printer wont print.
- The printer driver is missing or outdated.
- You get a faulty connection.
- You set a bad configuration in Windows.
- Theres something wrong with the printer.
Hp Printer Isn’t Printing: Check Connections And Access
If your HP printer isn’t printing, it’s a good idea to first check if the printer is properly connected to the laptop or PC. If this is not the case, the printer cannot communicate with the PC and in return receives no print job information. To check the connection, open the control panel on your PC and select “printers”. Now you have to search for the corresponding HP printer. Only when the status is “ready”, it is connectet properly with the PC. If the status is “offline”, it is certain that there is a connection error. Only when the status changes to “ready” is the printer properly connected and able to print. HP printers are often connected to the laptop or PC via USB cable. In this case it should be checked whether the cable is correctly connected and of course also intact. If the cable is either brittle or has a clear defect, it should be replace. It is also worthwhile to try a different USB port on the PC. Sometimes replacing the HP printer ink or toner cartridges can also solve the problem. It often happens that printers can’t print because a cartridge is either almost or already completely empty.
You May Like: How To Connect Ipad To Printer
Set The Default Printer
Set your printer as default on your Windows computer to make sure print and scan jobs use the correct printer.
In Windows, search for and open Printers & scanners.
Make sure the box next to Let Windows manage my default printer is not checked.
From the list of printers, click your printer name, and then click Manage. If there are multiple printer names that match yours, select the printer that is idle or online.
Under Manage your device, click Set as default.
Unable To Print From A Mobile Device
Everyone wants to enjoy the convenience of being able to print directly from their iPhone®, iPad® or Android® mobile device. But wirelessly connecting your printer and device can be complicated, and the process will vary from brand to brand. Even if theres an app for your printer brand, differences in software could prevent you from connecting directly. Make sure that your WiFi is properly working if you are having difficulty connecting, using the process outlined above. If your wireless printer connection isnt functioning smoothly, downloading different apps or deleting existing ones wont help.
Here are some ways to set up your printer for mobile printing, and troubleshoot to see why your printer isnt connecting:
You May Like: What Is The Best Label Printer
Solution : Set Hp Printer As Default Printer
Some users say my HP printer is not printing because of a wrong printer configuration. Under this circumstance, you should set the correct printer as the default printer. Here are steps.
Step 1: Open the Run window by holding Windows and R keys, and then type control and hit OK.
Step 2: Click Devices and Printers feature.
Step 3: Right click your HP printer and choose Set as default printer. If you are prompted with any question, just follow it.
Are you struggled with the my HP printer is not printing issue? Here are top 4 methods for you.
Replace The Cartridge / Low Ink Message
Sometimes, your printer will give you a message saying you need to replace your cartridge, or you have low ink, even when you know you have enough ink. Perhaps you installed a fresh compatible cartridge full of ink, but your printer still thinks that the old cartridge is in place. You have a couple of options available to get your printer, well, printing again:
You May Like: What Is Paperport Image Printer
Top 10 Hp Printing Problems And How To Fix Them
While Hewlett-Packard printers are known for their reliability, they still need a helping hand from time to time. From the ubiquitous paper jam to the vexing 50.4 error, this article offers a top 10 list you can use to troubleshoot any HP printer.
While theyre generally very reliable, even in the most demanding of environments, HP printers are still problematic from time to time. And we all know printers fail at the most inopportune moments. For an IT support professional, its critical to know how to fix the most common problems associated with these printers. Ive identified 10 problems you can expect to run into most often when dealing with an HP printer, and Ive included suggestions on fixing them.
1. Paper jamsAmong the most common problems with any make of printer are paper jams. A printer will jam for any number of reasons: Its dirty, the wrong paper type is being used, or the rollers on the printer that feed the paper through its pathway are worn down. While cleaning the printer periodically and using the correct paper type are easy fixes, roller replacement can be a difficult job depending on the model of HP printer. For some HP printers, the rollers are easily accessible, but youll need to completely tear down other models to remove the rollers. Regardless of the cause, when removing a paper jam, always pull the paper in the direction of the paper path, because pulling it backwards can severely damage the printer.
Print Settings In Windows
Don’t Miss: How To Add A Printer On A Mac
Six: Align The Printer
Check Windows Function Discovery Services
Make sure Function Discovery services start automatically and are currently running.
In Windows, search for and open Control Panel, and then click View devices and printers.
Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, and then click the Ports tab.
Look for a WSD port in the list.
If there is no WSD port, do not continue with these steps. Print a Network Configuration Page, create a manual IP connection in the printer EWS, and then add a Standard TCP/IP printer port in Windows.
If there is a WSD port, make sure the check box is selected, and then continue with these steps.
In Windows, search for and open Services
Find Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication in the list.
For both, make sure the Status is Running and Startup Type is Automatic.
If one or both items have a Manual Startup Type or is not running, right-click the item, and then select Properties. Change the Startup Type to Automatic, click Apply, click Start, and then click OK.
Close the Services window.
You May Like: How To Print From Phone To Wireless Printer
Connect Your Hp Printer To Wi
Everyone desires the simplicity of printing immediately from their iPhone®, iPad®, or Android® mobile device. However, wirelessly connecting your printer and device might be difficult, and the method varies by brand.
If youre having trouble connecting, check if your WiFi is operating correctly.
- Log in to the app and go to the bottom left-hand side to Add Printer.
- On the pick printer page, you can choose to connect to a networked printer automatically or manually enter an IP address.
- Select the alternative to print a test page to ensure your settings are accurate.
- Double-check your firewall settings to ensure that data transit isnt being hampered.
- You can also use your test page to ensure that your print is appropriately calibrated.
- If youre experiencing trouble connecting automatically using Printer Pro, double-check your IP address to ensure its correct.
- Make sure your firewall settings permit your device to communicate with your printer.
- Now, check if the HP printer not printing issue is fixed or not.