If Hp Printer Driver Is Unavailable Then Reinstall Your Printer Driver
If your HP printer driver is unavailable then chances are your drivers are corrupt. All you need to do is uninstall the existing one and reinstall the latest version, which you can get from the HP support website for free. Here we have drafted certain steps that will help you reinstall the drivers on your system in case your HP printer says driver is unavailable. Here are the steps:
- Press the Windows and R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter to open the Device Manager on the system.
- From the list of options select Print Queue that has been mentioning the HP printer model.
- Locate your HP printer model and right-click to Uninstall.
- If you find it difficult to install the latest version of the drivers, click on the Start button and type Update in the search box.
- A window will appear that gives the range of options regarding the update related to Windows or device drivers.
- Select Check for updates from the list of options available.
- There would be an update available for your HP printers driver. Once you click on that, the Windows will start the update process as you will see all the on-screen instructions running by the screen.
- Once the process is completed, reboot your computer and try the printing task again.
Hp Laserjet 1020 Printer Driver Download: Done
So, if you are encountering printing glitches in your HP LaserJet 1020 printer then you can fix all the issues just by updating its drivers to the most recent versions. Above we have discussed the best methods that one can use to perform the HP LaserJet 1020 . You can use any one method that suits you.
How To Download Driver For Hp Printer
This process is a bit techie, but you can do this if you follow the procedure accurately and download driver for HP printers:
Through HP Easy Start:
Step 1: Go to Here. Enter your printer model and follow the instructions appearing on screen for downloading drivers for HP printer.
Step 2: A HP printer driver installation app called HP Easy Start will start downloading.
Step 3: Once the app is downloaded, all you need to do is to run the app and follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 4: Choose a connection type as a USB.
Once you finish the setup, your update will be downloaded, and you wouldnt need to go through the steps below.
Through HP Support:
Read Also: How To Scan A Document To My Computer With A Canon Printer
What If My Update Fails
Microsoft provides a Windows Update Troubleshooter to solve most problems that cause an update to fail.
To solve most problems installing updates, use the Windows Update Troubleshooter from Microsoft. If that does not work, manually troubleshoot the issue.
Go to Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes.” error from Microsoft if this specific error displays.
How To Download Or Update Drivers For Hp Printer
In case youve installed an HP Printer at your home, and it seems to be dysfunctional at times, then it indeed is facing some internal trouble. The trouble is not always with your Printer hardware or with the computer it is attached to. Its just a simple case of driver setback. Every printer needs a supporting driver in the PC to function properly so that the computer can understand and execute printer commands.
If the driver is not updated or properly installed, your Printer commands might fail or wouldnt execute themselves properly, hence rendering your printer useless. But, there are simple solutions to overcome these issues. The driver issue in HP printers can be associated with its updates, reinstallation, etc.
Hence, to get back your HP printer to work correctly, you either need a built-in HP printer driver update, search for HP printer updates online, or download driver for HP printer of yours. Here are the processes outlined to do either of them when the need arises.
Read Also: Why Won’t My Printer Scan
Can I Manually Troubleshoot Update Issues
Yes. If automatic updates fail, you can manually troubleshoot the issue.
Disabling the antivirus software
ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old
Restart the computer, and then try to install updates. If the issue persists, contact HP Customer Support.
What To Do If The Driver Doesn’t Install
If you double-click the installation file and nothing happens, follow these steps:
Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners .
On the right, under Related Settings, select Print server properties.
On the Drivers tab, see if your printer listed. If it is, youre all set.
If you dont see your printer listed, select Add, and in the Welcome to the Add Printer Driver Wizard, select Next.
In the Processor Selection dialog box, select your devices architecture, and then select Next.
In the Printer Driver Selection dialog box, on the left, select your printer manufacturer, on the right, select your printer driver, select Next, select Finish, and follow the instructions to add your driver.
Follow the instructions in the section above to remove and reinstall the printer.
Read Also: Scanning From Hp Printer To Computer
How To Update Printer Drivers
The method for updating your printer drivers will depend on the operating system you have, so the best thing to do is check your manual or the printer manufacturers website.
However, to update a printer driver on Windows 10 follow these steps:
If youre running Windows 7, the printer driver update process is slightly different:
If The Wizard Does Not Appear:
- Go to Start> Settings.
- Select Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait for the system to detect your printer and follow the on-screen instructions.
Finally, we recommend that you have a reliable anti-malware program installed on your PC like Auslogics Anti-Malware. The software will detect and get rid of malicious items on your PC, preventing this and other errors from occurring.
Have you experienced any other printer-related problems on Windows 10? Share in the comments below.
Besides, are you interested in how to manage shell extensions? Use Auslogics BoostSpeeds Shell Extensions feature to do this automatically. This will greatly improve your PC performance.
Also Check: How Do I Find The Wps Pin For My Printer
Use Bit Driver Updater For Free Hp Drivers Download For Windows 10
If you are not comfortable with the above-mentioned manual methods, then you can always use the automatic method of downloading HP printer software.
Using a free driver updater tool like Bit Driver Updater is a safe, reliable, swift, easy, and above all an automated method. This means that you can just install the tool on your system and then relax as the tool will automatically take care of all driver-related needs of your computer.
Magnificent Features and Merits of Bit Driver Updater:
Lets look at the plethora of splendid features and benefits of this tool in detail below.
- The tool is enabled with the one-click Update feature to install even multiple drivers within minutes.
- Keeps your PC drivers up-to-date all the time.
- Boosts PC performance and speed.
- The tool is capable of backing up and restoring the device drivers.
- The tool is capable of thoroughly scanning your PC and finding erroneous drivers instantly.
- The tool has a large driver database that can furnish the latest versions of all PC drivers.
- Bit Driver Updater installs only genuine drivers on your PC, thereby eliminating compatibility issues.
Printer Update Appearing In Windows 10 Constantly Failing To Install
MY laptop is an HP ENVY dv6 and I also have an HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525.
Yesterday I updated my laptop to Windows 10, and then suddenly an update appears in Windows Update for the printer.
This is the update: “Hewlett-Packard – Imaging – Null Print – HP Deskjet 5520 series”.
But the update keeps failing to install and giving this error “Error 0x8024200b”, and I don’t know how to fix the problem. The update only appeared after upgrading to Windows 10, and I since Windows 10’s updates are automatic, I can’t tell my laptop to stop trying to install this update.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Also Check: What Does Collated Pages Mean
Why Is My Hp Printer Driver Not Installing
Connect your computer to the Internet and turn it on. The printer should now be turned on. You will need to connect a USB cable to the USB port on the back of the printer, then to the computer to use it. You can try to print if a Found new hardware window appears after you follow any prompts to install the driver.
Update Hp Printer Drivers In Device Manager
In some cases, you are able to find Windows 10 HP printer drivers in Device Manager, one of the system manager. You can firstly check whether or not Device Manager will get the HP Universal printer drivers on Windows 10.
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand Print queue and then right click your HP printer driver to Update driver.
3. Then decide to Search automatically for the updated driver software.
If Device Manager finds the HP Printer driver, it will install it for you. But it is also possible that Device Manager failed to help you download Windows 10 driver for HP printer. In this case, just go ahead until you updated your HP printer driver to make it work with Windows 10.
Don’t Miss: How Do I Find The Wps Pin For My Printer
Help & Learning For Windows 11 Is Coming Soon
In the meantime, check out what’s available for Windows 10 on the Windows 10 tab.
Most printers require that you install the latest printer driver so that the printer will work well. If you recently upgraded from an earlier version of Windows, your printer driver might work with the previous version but might not work well or at all with Windows 10. Also, if you’ve experienced power outages, computer viruses, or other problems, your printer driver might be damaged. Downloading and installing the latest printer driver can often resolve these problems. Here are several ways to do this.
Through The Hp Smart App
You can also use HP Smart app for Windows, Android, Apple iOS, and Mac device to for free using the given steps:
- First, you have to download and install the HP Smart app on your device that your printer is connected to.
- After the printer is ready to connect, click on your printers name.
- Under the Advancedsection, select Printer Home Page or Advanced Settings.
- Thereafter, click on Tools or Web Services.
- Click on Printer Updates or Product Update, and then click on the option Check Now.
HP Smart is the app provided by HP to get the driver update tools provided officially by the brand.
However, you can use any of the above mentioned ways to get the latest update for your HP printer drivers.
Tags: #hp driver updates, #update hp drivers, #hp printer driver for windows 10, #hp driver auto detect, #hp printers drivers, #hp printer drivers download free
Recommended Reading: Wps Pin For Printer Hp Deskjet 2600
Install And Update Hp Laserjet 1020 Printer Driver In Device Manager
Another way to perform HP LaserJet 1020 driver free download for Windows 7 is Device Manager, which comes by default in Windows to update the drivers. The user needs to follow the simple steps shared below to use Device Manager in order to update printer drivers.
Step 1: On your keyboard, press the Windows logo + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
Step 2: When the Run box appears, then write devmgmt.msc inside it and click on the Ok button.
Step 3: This will open the Device Manager, wherein you have to find the Printer or Print Queues section.
Step 4: Later, by clicking double on the section you need to expand it.
Step 5: Now, right-click on your HP LaserJet 1020 printer device and select the Update Driver option from the list that pops up.
Step 6: After this, the next wizard will show you the two options, you need to choose the first one that says Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
Additionally, if you already downloaded the driver file then you need to choose the other option that says Browse my computer for driver software. So, thats how the user can use Device Manager to download the most up-to-date and genuine drivers.
Solution : Disconnect And Reconnect The Printer
Sometimes, simply disconnecting and reconnecting the printer is the perfect solution to any common printer problem. So, turn off the printer first and disconnect all the cables from the devices. Wait for a couple of seconds and then reconnect the printer again but this time use a different USB Port. This can be fruitful for eliminating HP Printer Driver wont Install error problem.
Also Check: How To Get An Hp Printer Online
B: Download And Install The Latest Dell Laser Printer Drivers
Driver releases are designed to update features and to correct functionality, it is recommended to update to the latest version of the drivers available for your printer.
- Before installing any printer drivers, it is best to remove any drivers for your printer that were previously installed, not doing so can cause problems that prevent the computer from communicating with the printer. Refer to the Uninstall the Existing Dell Laser Printer Drivers section for more information.
- When looking for Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7 drivers for your printer and it is not listed as having any for those Operating System, some or all the printer’s functionality may still be available using Compatibility Mode as a means to install printer drivers from a past version of Windows. For more information, see Dell Knowledge Base article Installing Printer Drivers From a Previous Version of Windows.
Updating Hp Printer Drivers Using Device Manager
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager
2. Look for Print Queues or Printer category.3. Double click to expand it.4. Select the HP printer > right-click > Update Driver
Note:- In case you dont see the HP printer listed, check the hardware connections and refer to the user manual.
5. Select Search automatically for drivers, and wait for Windows to look for driver updates. .
Note: If the driver running on your Windows is up-to-date, youll get a message, The best drivers for your device are already installed. If that is the case, click Search for updates drivers on Windows update. Youll now be redirected to the Windows Update window. Click Check for Updates, if an update is available download and install it. Afterward, click View optional updates. Double click Driver updates > if you see an update for HP printer driver, select the box next to it > Download and install.
6. This will help get the latest HP printer driver updated manually.7. Restart the system after downloading and installing the update. This helps apply changes.
Note: To download the HP printer driver from the website you need to collect information like-
- Device model number
- Version & bit of Windows operating system
Gathering this information is essential as it helps get the correct driver update downloaded. In addition to this make sure you are logged in as an administrator.
1. Once you have all the information, visit the HP support website.2. Look for the Printer Drivers section.
Recommended Reading: How To Set Up Brother Printer
A: Uninstall The Existing Dell Laser Printer Drivers
Before reinstalling any printer drivers, it is best to remove any printer drivers that were previously installed, not doing so can cause problems that prevent the computer from communicating with the printer.To uninstall previous printer drivers: