Check Windows Function Discovery Services
If your printer uses a WSD port, make sure Function Discovery services start automatically and are currently running.
In Windows, search for and open Control Panel, and then click View devices and printers.
Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, and then click the Ports tab.
Look for a WSD port in the list.
If there is no WSD port, do not continue with these steps. Print a Network Configuration page, and then create a manual IP connection in the printer EWS and add a Standard TCP/IP printer port in Windows.
If there is a WSD port, make sure the check box is selected, and then continue with these steps.
In Windows, search for and open Services
Find Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication in the list.
For both, make sure the Status is Running and Startup Type is Automatic.
If one or both items has a Manual Startup Type or is not running, right-click the item, select Properties, change the Startup Type to Automatic, click Apply, click Start, and then click OK.
Close the Services window.
How Can I Get My Printer Back Online
Our advice to resolve this issue has been broken down into smaller categories and sorted roughly from the most common/easy to sort to the more involved processes that are much less common.
I know you may be tempted to skip the early steps and assume cables etc are all connected, but I would strongly suggest not doing so as you go through this guide. I feel every step listed below is well worth the time it would take to perform and it is much more likely that a USB cable has come free than an obscure driver conflict having occurred on your PC.
Reinstall The Product Software
Important: You’ll need to know your network name and network password before you can set up your product. If you don’t know them, contact the manufacturer of your router or the person who set up your network.
Press the home button, if necessary. Select Setup > Restore Default Settings > Network Settings > Yes, then press OK.
Note: This step is needed to install the product’s software and complete the Wi-Fi setup. Remember to enable your firewall software after you complete the Wi-Fi setup.
Note: If you see a User Account Control window, click Yes or Continue.
Select your product again, if necessary, then select OK and click Yes to confirm the uninstallation.
Also Check: Hp Deskjet 2540 Printer Offline
Troubleshoot Spooler Service If Stopped Or Paused
Due to the Spooler Service being; stopped, a user might face Epson printer goes offline on Windows 10 error. Follow the below steps to rectify this problem-
- Go to the Run box and Type Services.msc & click on OK button
- Next, service window will open. From there go to Print Spooler option and make sure that its status is shown as Running. Incase if the status is Stopped, right click on the Print Spooler option and click on Start option to resume the service.
- Close this window and check if these steps bring back Epson printer to Online or not
So hopefully these steps will help you to fix Epson Printer Shows Offline on Windows 10 problem.
How To Bring An Offline Epson Printer Online
What to do when Epson Printer Offline and do not print a document. It means printer is offline and not communicating with windows and mac. Hence, You may need to re-add printer on computer as per printer Hardware and Software updates. We understand that it is a very frustrating thing to find that . Just when you try to print an important document. Therefore, technical guidelines need to follow given below on how to bring an offline printer online.
Run The Printer Troubleshooter
The Printer Troubleshooter is part of the Windows in-house troubleshoot package. It solves the printer problems on your computer, including driver errors, connectivity issues, restarting printer-related services, and so on. Heres how to run the Printer Troubleshooter:
- Go to Settings > Update and Security > Troubleshoot
- Select Printer Troubleshooter, and run it
It should help you fix the offline status of the printer.
How To Set The Printer To Online Manually
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers.
Right click the printer in question and select See whats printing.
From the window that opens choose Printer from the menu bar at the top.
Select Use Printer Online from the drop down menu.
Recommended Reading: How To Install A Printer Without A Cd
Printing Could Be Faster
Try one or more of these solutions:
- Select High Speed on the Advanced dialog box. For Windows, see . For Mac OS X, see .
- For Windows, select the Automatic mode and move the slider towards Speed in the Main menu to increase print speed. See .
For Mac OS X, select Automatic mode and move the slider towards Speed in the Print Settings selected in the Print dialog to increase print speed. See .
- Do not run too many applications at the same time. Close any applications you are not using.
- Change the interface card of your computer to IEEE1394 or USB 2.0.
- Delete unnecessary files to make room on your hard disk drive.
|Note for Windows:|
Try To Set Your Printer Manually
- If by physical checks your problem is not solved, then try setting your printer manually.
- At first click on the Start icon present on the bottom left part of your screen, then select control panel and then devices and printers.
- Right-click the printer in question and choose see whats printing
- A window pops up, select Printer from the pop-up bar.
- Now choose use printer online from the menu.
- Try to remove all pending print jobs
- In the See whats printing option, select cancel if any printing task is present.
- When the printing task is removed choose use printer online.
- If any printing job is not removed, then try restarting your PC and printer.
You May Like: Add Canon Printer To Iphone
What Triggers Epson Printer Offline Error
Here are some leading possibilities that lead to the;Epson printer offline;issue. The most prominent causes are placed on top and thereafter the sequence goes on.
- Loose connections are the primary reasons behind an offline error.
- Frayed and worn connections.
- Epson is not chosen as a default printer.
- Epson is set at Use Printer Offline.
- Pending and failed print jobs in Print Queues.
- The printer driver is out-of-date.
- Unexpectedly changed IP address or in other words due to dynamic IP address.
Remove Unwanted Printers From Your Mac
- Select the systems and preferences option from the drop-down list.
- Now click on the name of the printer you want to remove and click on the Minus sign below it.
- Now make your Epson printer Default printer for printing on your Mac.
- Lastly, Reboot your Mac computer
You may also Read: Epson printer is in Error state
Epson Printer Support, is an independent service provider for on-demand customer support related to Epson printers. Epson Printer Support strictly disclaims any kind of its association or affiliation with such printer brands. Any brand names, logos, trademarks or images used on this website are for informational purpose only and are the sole property of the respective brand owners.
- 6603 W 3rd St UNIT 1525 Greeley, CO 80634
Don’t Miss: Axacore Fax Bridge
Restart Printer & Check For Connectivity
If the printer had been online for some time, it might have into an idle state. While it should not set the printer offline but you never know. Try turning off, wait about 1 minute, and then on to check if that resolved the problem
Next, check on this essential tip. Make sure the printer is connected to a power source, it is turned on, and it is connected to the computer. Check the ethernet cable or the wireless connection. It is one of the reasons why you may see it offline and sometimes disconnected. Make sure to check the USB cable and the USB port and fix this first.
How Do You Get A Brother Printer Back Online
Reboot the printer, and manually uncheck the offline option in the printer settings to bring a Brother printer back online. You need a Windows computer with Internet access and a Brother printer to get started.
Turn off the printer, and wait for 10 seconds. Turn on the printer, and wait for it to finish booting.
Check the connection between the computer and the printer. Look for a green light on the network status indicator. A green light indicates the printer has a connection with the computer.
Log in to your computer account, and click the Start button. Next, click Devices and Printers. Type “Devices and Printers” in the search field if you do not see the link.
Right-click your printer from the list, and select See What’s Happening. Wait for the print spooler window to open.
Recommended Reading: Print From Android Phone To Hp Printer
Make Sure Clear All Printer Jobs
In some case when print queue stuck then printer shows offline you need to clear the print jobs by following below procedure:
- First open run box from windows search and type services.msc then hit enter top open the service window.
- Now point to the spooler and right click to open the properties click stop and hit on ok button.
- Now open Windows File Explorer then type this %windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS in the address bar
- Select all the files in the Printer folder and delete them
- Now Again go to the spooler Properties and Click on start option then hit Ok button.
- Now Restart your computer now you can see print jobs will be clear and print function will work fine now.
Get My Epson Printer Back Online
Is your Epson printer turned on and connected to WiFi but still not showing up on your device as a printer option? You have likely run into one of the most common issues that Epson wireless printer owners face: The dreaded offline error.
Luckily, while there is nothing more frustrating than your computer refusing to communicate with your printer, it is also a problem that is typically easy to fix. This article will outline the solutions you can use to get your Epson printer back online.
You May Like: How To Print From Iphone To Brother Printer Without Wifi
Still Epson Printer Says Offline Get It Back Online Under Experts Guidance
Yes! Besides, offering tips through blogs we also provide on-ground troubleshooting assistance. In case you also want us to solve the;Epson printer offline;error at your convenience then you may contact us through the Epson printer support number or via chats. Our experts are always there to assist you to get your printer back online
Reinstall Your Epson Printer
Trying the above;Epson printer offline fix;brings the printer back to the online state in most cases. However, if still you face trouble then you might have to reinstall the Epson printer again after removing all the printer drivers and packages. The following step will explain that in a better way.
Recommended Reading: How To Print From Iphone To Brother Printer
Initialize Your Router And Restart Your Computer
If you still can’t print, restart your computer, then try printing again. If these steps do not resolve your problem, contact Epson support.
Why Epson Printer Keeps Going Offline
You can see the Epson printer offline Windows 10 error if the device is not properly configured. Even you can see this issue if the printer is ready to print but the computer is unable to detect the device. When this error occurs, next, the Epson printer becomes unusable.
There are many causes for this error. Some of the most common causes are that, if the printer is in sleep mode, then you can get this problem. Further, if the Use Printer Offline feature is enabled, even then, there is a chance for you to encounter this issue. Moreover, if the wireless connection is malfunctioning, then also you might meet with this glitch.
Also Check: Canon Mg3600 Scan To Pdf
Removing Drivers And Packages
Your printer should now be showing as online and allow you to continue printing. If not there is likely to be an issue with the printer electronically and I would advice contacting the printers manufacturer or a printer technician.
If however you have anything to add or any further questions, please get in touch via any of our social media platforms.
About the author
I have been involved in the printer industry since I was 18 and have been an employee of Refresh Cartridges since early 2009. I am a dedicated family man, gamer, music fan and friend to all.I write the majority of the content here on Igloo and am responsible for its upkeep.
Remove And Add The Printer
If the above-mentioned methods do not work, the best way will be to remove the printer from the system and add it again. It is a simple process that may also include . Follow the steps for the further process.
- Disconnect the printer from your computer
- Go to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer you want to remove > Click on Remove device
- Plug the printer back, and Windows should add it back again and install the needed drivers again.
- The reinstallation will restore the Printer to online status.
If this doesnt work, add the printer again by selecting the Add a Printer option from Printers and Scanners.
You May Like: Why Is My Brother Printer Not Connecting To My Computer
Fix : Update Your Epson Printer Driver
Your Epson printer offline problem is probably being caused by driver issues. The steps above may resolve it, but if they dont, or youre not confident playing around with drivers manually,;you can do it automatically with;Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks :
1);;and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click;Scan Now;button. Driver Easy;will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3)With Free version: Click the;Update;button next to the flagged printer driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver.
With Pro version: click;Update;All;to automatically download and install the correct version of;all;the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
4) Restart your computer and check if youre able to use your printer.
Now Lets Start Setting Up The Preferences For Sublimation Change The Following Settings On This Screen:
- Document Size: Letter
- Paper Type: Presentation Paper Matte
- Quality: High
- Color Correction: CUSTOM
- Additional Settings: ONLY CHECK MIRROR IMAGE. Rotate 180 and High Speed should stay unchecked.
Once you have these settings down click the ADVANCED button next to Custom Color Correction. On this screen make the following adjustments:
- Change Color Mode to ADOBE RGB
- Change Gamma to 2.2
You wont adjust any of the other settings. Changing brightness/contrast and/or the color wheel is more for like if you are printing pictures of people and if the skin tones are off. Ill go over adjusting these settings in a later post. Once you have made the above changes youll want to click OK.
Lastly, youll want to name your setting. So click Add/Remove Presets again and in the Name box in the top right corner put in the setting name. You can pick anything you want. I just went with Sublimation Prints to make it easy to remember. Youll want to scroll through the settings in the bottom of the box to make sure the adjustments we made above are all still in there. If everything looks good hit the SAVE button.
Recommended Reading: Cheapest Printer With Cheapest Ink