Turning Off The Print Offline Feature
As we have discussed earlier, when the print offline feature has been enabled, especially in Windows 10, then the documents to be printed will pile up in the print queue. So, in this solution, we will learn how to make Brother printer online from offline by turning off the print offline feature in Windows 10.
Follow these 5 simple steps to disable the print offline feature:
1. The initial step is to go to the Printer properties.
2. The next step is to right-click on the printer and then choose the See whats printing option.
3. Now, select Printer and check if the option Use Printer Offline has been ticked. If yes, uncheck this option.
4. Save the changes and then exit.
5. Give a print command to see whether this procedure has helped in troubleshooting the Brother printer status offline problem.
How To Connect Your Brother Machine Directly To Your Mobile Device
How to Connect Your Brother Machine Directly to Your Mobile DeviceMost recent Brother Brand printer models offer Wifi Direct, which will allow you to set up a wireless network connection between your machine and a mobile device without using a wireless router or access point. This can make it easy to print, scan and copy items directly from your wireless phone, tablet or other device.Follow these stepsSet up your Brother machine
1. Press the Up or Down arrow key to select the following:a. Select Network. Press OK.b. Select Wi-Fi Direct. Press OK.c. Select Group Owner. Press OK.d. Select On. Press OK.e. Select Manual. Press OK.2. When Wi-Fi Direct On? Appears on the screen, press the Down arrow key to accept.3. The machine will display the SSID name and Password for a few minutes. Write down the SSID name and Password as you will need it later.
Set up your Android mobile device
1. Tap the Settings icon or swipe down and tap the Cog icon to access the settings menu.
2. Tap Connections and then Wi-Fi.
3. If your Wi-Fi is turned off, turn it on.
4. Find the Network Name you wrote down earlier, and then tap it.
5. Enter the Network Key you wrote down earlier, and then tap CONNECT.
6. The wireless connection setup is complete if Connected appears under the Network Name you selected.
7. Download Brother iPrint& Scan for Android devices for free from Google Play.
Set up your Apple mobile device
1. Tap the Settings icon.
2. Tap Wi-Fi.
3. If your Wi-Fi is turned off, turn it on.
Solution Three: Run The Printer Troubleshooter
The Printer Troubleshooter is part of Windows in-house troubleshoot package and it is designed to solve a variety of printer problems on your PC, including driver errors, connectivity issues, restarting printer related services, and so on. Heres how to run the Printer Troubleshooter:
- Navigate to Settings > Update and Security > Troubleshoot.
- The program will scan your printer and related software for potential issues and fix them if any are discovered.
Don’t Miss: Why Does My Hp Envy Keep Going Offline
Brother Printer Says Offline Windows 8
If your Brother printer goes offline when trying to print in Windows 8 system, then perform the troubleshooting procedure we have explained below to bring it online. In addition to Windows 8, this method can also be used for Brother printer offline Windows 8.1 error.
1. Power on your Brother printer and ensure that no error message, such as paper jam or toner empty, is displayed on its LCD screen.
2. The next step is to check that your printer is connected to your Windows 8 system. If the connection has been established via a USB then it should be properly inserted. In case an ethernet cable is being used, then it should be properly connected to the printer and the access point.
3. For a wireless connection, the IP address of the Brother printer can be obtained by printing the network configuration page.
4. Now, in your system, press the Windows key along with the R key.
5. Type Control in Run and press the Enter key to go to the Control Panel.
6. Find the icon of the Brother printer and see to it that the icon is checked.
7. Next, right-click on this icon for the See whats printing option.
8. Click on Cancel All Documents. If this option is not available to click, then go to Open as Administrator, enter the password and press Yes. Now the option will be available for clicking.
10. Now, select Pause printing. In case this option is grayed out then you will again have to go to Open as Administrator and do the needful.
Physical Printer And Cable Checks
Check both ends of the USB cable are firmly inserted. If the printer is networked then make sure the Ethernet cable is firmly inserted. If the printer is wireless check your internet connection or make sure its connected to your router.
If youre connected by cable try using the end of the printer cable in multiple ports or sockets on your device.
Try using a different cable to make sure the fault is not with the cable alone. If youre on a network or wireless device a simple check would be to attach a cable to your computer/or device to make sure your printer is working. Therefore the fault could be with your network connection.
Fix Brother Printer Offline Windows 10
There are some methods that you can try to solve your Brother printer offline problem:
Check If The Printer Is Offline
If your printer is set to be used offline, then you must set it to be used online. For this:
Read Also: How To Scan From Printer To Computer Mac
Reset Mac Printing System
There might be some printing setting you need to change. You should reset printing settings in your Mac system. Do the following to reset:
- Go to system preferences.
- Open the Printer and scanners option.
- In the left panel of the window, you will see the printers name list.
- Right-click at any space in the left panel.
- Select the Reset Printing System option.
- Now, all the installed printers and their drivers will be removed from your system.
- Next, you need to re-install your printer.
We already explained in the previous section, how to re-install your printer.
For Mac Operators Try These Steps If Brother Printer Is Offline
- Select the Apple menu and chose print and scan options from the system preferences.
- Verify the printer driver which you are using.
- The status of the printer is online, thus can be used for the work.
Still, after following all these steps, the brother printer does not turn online and get to the working conditions, call customer care services for the help.
Recommended Reading: Why Is My Hp Envy 7800 Printer Offline
Print Offline In Windows
Another reason for your printer not being online is the Use Printer Offline feature in Microsoft Windows 10. This feature allows you to prepare your documents for printing, regardless of whether your printer is available at the moment or not. Although this looks like a useful thing to have, it actually causes a bunch of issues.
Fortunately, sorting these issues is really simple.
This should hopefully bring your printer back online.
Fix 5 Disable The Pinter Offline Feature
Another Brother printer offline fix is to disable the Windows 10 printer offline feature. It has been proven by many users to be helpful. Have a try now.
Step 1. Right click your Brother printer and select See whats printing.
Step 2. In the pop-up window, click on Printer at the upper left corner and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option.
Also Check: How Can I Get My Hp Printer Online
My Brother Printer Is Offline Windows 10
Here we will tell you how to bring Brother printer offline Windows 10 to online. The procedure is only 6 steps long.
1. Click on Start, type Devices and Printers and then press the Enter key.
2. Next, right-click on the Brother printer icon and then select the option See whats printing.
3. Then click on the printer option on the top. Beside the option Use Printer Offline you will find a checkmark. Untick this mark.
4. The documents in the print queue will now begin to print. If the Brother printer status offline windows 10 does not resolve, then you can proceed to the fifth step.
5. Power off your Brother printer and disconnect its cable from the computer.
6. Then reconnect the USB and start your printer. This Brother printer offline windows 10 fix will have cleared up the error now.
Why Is My Brother Printer Showing Offline On Windows 10
As you have seen that after every single update on windows 10, the Brother printer goes offline. However, Windows 10 update or driver update is not the only reason to bring your printer to an offline state. The major factor behind the brother printer showing an offline message in windows 10 is the connection problem.
Don’t Miss: Reset Chip On Hp Ink Cartridge
My Brother Printer Is Offline How To Turn Online
Several reasons can cause your Brother printer to go offline. But you can bring it back online by following a very few simple steps. Follow the steps given below and get the answer to your question ?
Go to your system, click on the start menu.
Next, click on the control panel and tap on the printers and faxes icon.
Here you will see a list of all the printers connected to your system.
Next, Double click on the printer you want to use online.
In the next step, go to the Menu option and see whether the use printer offline option is selected. If yes, uncheck it and your printer will now work in online mode.
Hope this solves the issue with your Brother printer.
Why Is My Brother Printer Offline How To Get Back Online
- Post comments:
When you setup a brother printer in the home of office network. It will always be active to process the print command. But sometimes, You wont be able to print from your brother machine. If you hover to the printer properties, It will pop up the brother printer offline error.
Ideally, this error comes due to communication or driver settings. When brother wifi printer shows offline or paused error. You should check the following things first.
Apart from these settings, there can be several other causes due to which a brother printer keeps going offline error.
Also Check: How To Connect My Iphone To A Printer
Solution : Verify The Brother Mfc
Check your Mfc-L2700dw Brother Printer to ensure that it is turned on completely and no errors are shown on its display. To do so, follow the below-noted steps:
- First, see your printer screen whether it is on or displaying nothing. If the printer has a blank screen, immediately switch it on.
- Afterward, check your printer whether it is in sleep mode. If it is so, press the Power button to wake it up in no time.
- Thereafter, you should check your printers screen for any error code. If any specific error code has appeared on the screen, fix it instantly.
Move to the next solution if the above one is not helpful.
Make Printer Online Using Settings
The easiest way to make printer online in Windows 10 is by using the Settings App to disable Use Printer Offline option.
1. Open Settings on your computer and click on Devices.
2. On the next screen, click on Printer & Scanners in the left-pane. In the right-pane, select your printer and click on Open queue option.
3. On the next screen, select the Printer Tab and click on Use Printer Offline option to remove the check mark on this item.
4. Wait for the printer to come back online.
Why Is My Brother Printer Offline On Mac
Lets have a look at the Brother printer offline Mac procedure which involves resetting the Mac printing settings to settle the error.
1. Visit the System Preferences in your Mac system.
2. Then click on the option of Printer and scanners.
3. Now, you will find a list of printers connected to Mac.
4. Right-click and a pop-up will appear. Select the option Reset Printing System.
5. The next step is to remove all the printers that have been added to the system including the drivers.
6. Now add the Brother printer to your Mac system from scratch.
7. Install the right driver for the printer and then give a test print.
These solutions will work best for the models given below:
|Brother 2270DW Printer|
Printer Not The Default Printer
Your Brother printer can be “Offline” if it is not set as the default printer on your computer. A default printer is the printer your laptop or computer automatically sends a print job when you click “Print.” If your Brother printer is not the default, your computer may be trying to connect to a different printer. You can make your printer the default in your computer’s “Devices” section. If it is not listed as a device in the devices section, you must re-install the printer driver from a CD-ROM or Brother’s website.
Recommended Reading: Macbook Pro Add Printer
Step A: Verify The Brother Machine Is Powered On And There Are No Errors
How To Fix A Brother Printer That Keeps Going Offline
Offering some of the most affordable printers on the market, Brother devices are known for their liability. But as with any other printer, using them may sometimes cause seemingly inexplicable issues.
One such problem is having your printer constantly going offline. Even if you set everything up properly, this issue can occur for a number of reasons. Luckily, there are solutions to help you resolve them.
Don’t Miss: Printer Queue Won T Clear
Reinstalling The Driver To Fix Brother Printer On Mac
To reinstall one must first know how to uninstall the driver and to do that go to the system preferences on your Macbook and then go to Printers and Devices now select the printer you want to uninstall and click on the button to complete the task. After it is successfully uninstalled, redownload your driver from the official Brother Printer website.
Reconnect The Printer With The Pc
The connectivity of the printer might cause a delay in the printing assignment. Ensure that it is connected properly:
Recommended Reading: Can I Install Canon Printer Without Cd
Why Brother Printer Is Offline Windows 10 & Mac Fix & Bring It Online
- Make sure that you keep the machine powered. If the screen is blank, probably it is off or on sleep mode.
- Check the PC to see if there are any error messages. It may be any sort of paper jam or the ink box maybe empty.
- Make sure that you connect the printer correctly with the PC.
- If you connect the printer through USB, make sure that both ends are connected. Connect the computer directly with the PC and not through a hub.
- Print the network configuration page to check the IP address if you are using a wireless connection.
- For Windows 10: Make sure to set the brother printer as the default printer
- For Mac: Correct printer driver for the brother printer should
Fix Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline
If your Brother Printer keeps going offline time and again, then you must check and disable theUse Printer Offline mode:
Recommended Reading: How Do I Install My Canon Printer Without The Cd
Why Is My Brother Printer Offline
Once Brother printer keeps going offline, the documents will only be added to queue but fail to directly print. Why is my Brother printer offline? After analyzing lots of user reports and posts, several possible reasons are responsible for Brother printer offline. They are:
- Firewall and antivirus programs. Sometimes, the Windows Defender Firewall or antivirus program may block the printer from accessing the internet due to a false positive.
- Corrupted device driver. If the printer driver become corrupt or is missing, you may encounter the Brother printer offline issue. For this, you can solve it by reinstalling the relevant drivers.
- Invalid IP address. To avoid Brother printer offline Windows 10, we recommend you assign a Static IP to the printer.
- Use printer offline. It is a Windows feature that allows you to use the printer offline. If this feature is enabled, it may cause Brother printer keeps going offline.
Now, lets see the Brother printer offline fixes in the following part.