Learn How To Scan A Document From Canon Printer To A Computer
With time, Canon Printers are increasingly becoming popular and are being adopted by many individuals for fulfilling their multiple tasks using a single printing machine a printing machine that can perform several tasks such as copying, scanning, faxing, and printing. Using Canon Printers, you can scan a document or photo that further helps you in keeping an electronic copy of them. These files can also be shared with other people instantly via email. You might wonder how do I scan from my Canon Printer to my computer. Scanning a document doesnt require you to have technical expertise. All you need is a Canon all-in-one printer that you can use to scan a document by using the native Windows Fax and Scan feature. This blog will help you in understanding how to scan from Canon Printer to laptop or desktop and meet your scanning requirements.
How To Scan A Document From Canon Printer To Email
- Refer to the simple steps to know how to scan a document from Canon printer to emai.
- First, power up your Pixma printer.
- Now, press the;Scan button;on the;Home;screen of the Canon pixma printer scanner.
- Select the location to which you want to save the scanned data.
- Choose the Attach to E-mail option and then select OK;to continue.
- Use up-down navigation;buttons to select the computer to which you want to forward the scanned data.
- Use left-right arrow buttons to choose the document type.
- Mount your original document on the platen.
- For color scanning, press the Color button. Press the Black button for black & white scanning.
- The scanned file will be sent to the specified computer and attached to the e-mail recipient as mentioned in Canon IJ Scan Utility.
How To Scan On Canon Printer
Whether Mac or Windows 10 Learn;How to Scan a Document from Canon Printer
Scanning is the best way to keep a hardcopy document along with you around the clock. Well, once you scan a document, an electronic copy of the document becomes easy to have all the time. Moreover, if you are running a business or you have a need to scan a copy of your document, you can do that through your printer. As technology is reaching the next level and facilitating us with lots of advanced features. Canon also has provided us with all new printers that can scan documents as well.
Just in case, if you are thinking about how to scan on Canon printer and dont know the procedure, you should go through this post. Here you would be getting all the required information from preparing to scanning the documents. So, go thoroughly and get your hardcopy scanned and have a new softcopy of the document.
How Would You Prepare the Document to Scan on a Canon Printer?
- First of all, you need to be sure that your Canon printer can scan.
- Then you will be required to connect your printer to the computer.
- Also, you should turn on the printer if it is required.
- After that, you have to place the document face-down on the scanner.
- And close the scanner lid.
Besides, if youre wondering about the Canon printer how to scan? In that case, you can scan a document using your Canon printer on Windows 10 as well as Mac. Go through the information mentioned below and scan the documents.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Mfc-l2700dw To Wifi
Scanning Documents With My Image Garden
You can scan with settings suitable for documents.
You can even scan two or more small items at one time. Refer to the corresponding page of On-screen Manual to specify the scan settings.;
Place the item on the platen.
See the corresponding page of On-screen Manual for how to place items.;
The view switches to Scan.;
Click Cancel to cancel the scan.;
When scanning is completed, the image appears as a thumbnail.;
You can set the save location for scanned images on the Advanced Settings tab of the Preferences dialog box displayed by selecting Preferences… from the Tools menu.Note
You can also print scanned images. Right-click a thumbnail and select Print… from the displayed menu to display the print settings dialog box. Select the printer and paper to use, then click Print
How can I make a multiple page PDF?
Place the item on the platen.
See the corresponding page of On-screen Manual for how to place items.;
When scanning is completed, the image appears as a thumbnail.;
Why Wont My Scanner Connect To My Computer
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. If youre connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead. Unplug any other devices, particularly scanning devices, that may be causing a conflict with the scanner.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Canon Ts3122 Printer To Iphone
What Causes Your Canon Scanner To Not Work
Trouble-shooting your Canon scanner is reasonably straightforward, but your problem can be caused by a number of issues:
- First, try rebooting your computer and turning your scanner off for a few minutes, then back on. Doing this corrects more computer and device issues than you may expect.
- Besides turning the scanner off, disconnect the power cord this causes a more complete hardware reset.
- If your Canon scanner is new, it may not be compatible with your operating system , such as an outdated OS like Windows XP, or now even Windows 7.
- Have you recently upgraded to a new OS, such as WIN 10? You may need to update your printer/scanner driver.
- Connectivity is a possible issue make sure any cables are secure, such as a USB connection
- If your connection is wireless, be sure your Canon scanner is connecting to your WiFi there should be an indication of communication on your scanner panel.
- Your device driver for the Canon scanner may be outdated or missing.
- Device drivers can become corrupted, which may cause your scanner to not work properly.
- Malware or viruses may have compromised your system, causing many issues, including making devices fail.
Check with the Canon support portal or customer service to ensure the scanner model is compatible with your system configuration.
Use Device Manager To Check Your Canon Scanner Software
An alternate method over using Windows Update is to use Device Manager to check the driver for an individual device such as your Canon scanner.
Start by typing device manager into your windows search box, and click the Device Manager program:
In the list of devices displayed, find your Canon scanner. Select that device, then right-click and take the option to Update Driver Software
You will be given the option to search automatically for the right driver or to browse your computer to a folder where you know the software exists. Select the option to search automatically. This will allow windows to search Microsofts software registry to locate the best driver for your device.
The problem with using either Windows Update or Device Manager to find the best driver for your Canon scanner is that the manufacturer may not yet have registered their updated driver that solves your problem with Microsoft.
Recommended Reading: How To Clean A Brother Printer
How To Scan A Document From Canon Printer To Computer
- First, prepare your printer for the scan operation. Follow the below steps to know how to scan a document from Canon printer to computer.
- Tap on the Start menu on your Windows system and type Fax & Scan in the search bar.
- Wait for the Fax and Scan setup page to open. Click the New Scan tab.
- In the New Scan dialog box, select your Canon Pixma printer scanner from the Scanner drop-down menu.
- Select your preferences such as Profile type, source, color format, file type, and resolution in the drop-down menu.
- If the edited document looks good, then click the Scan button.
- If the preview is not satisfactory, then readjust the document as per your need.
- As soon as you click on the Scan button, the printer starts the Scan operation.
- You can find the scanned data in the Scanned Document folder on your computer.
How To Scan From Canon Mx922 To Mac
- Make sure your scanner and computer are connected via a USB cable or wireless network for the Canon MX922 scanner setup process.
- Go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- From the list, select your scanner.
- Select Scan and click Open Scanner which is on the right side.
- Choose Use Document Feeder for the Canon MX922 scan to MAC process.
- Customize the scan using the scanning options.
- The document will now be scanned to your MAC. Follow the above steps to know how to scan from Canon MX922 to MAC.
Also Check: How To Unpause My Printer
How To Scan To My Computer From Canon Printer
Step 1:;First, you need to link up your Canon printer with your computer. Use the USB power cable of the printer to do this. If you have not installed all the necessary drivers for your Canon product yet, make sure that you install them before proceeding with the steps. This is necessary as your computer will not be able to import the scanned images without those drivers.
Step 1:;Next, turn on your printing machine. Uncover the top portion of the scanner bed and set the image of the object, which you wish to scan, in such a way that it faces down on the glass of the scanner in the direction of the green arrow. Thereafter, close the lid so the image remains secure.
Step 3:;Now, either press the window key on your keyboard or hit the start button on the bottom left corner of the screen. Then follow this path: All Programs>Accessories>Scanner and Camera Wizard. This software comes installed from the manufacturers end in the form of a pre-installed application. The feature is commonly available on all windows-based devices.
Step 4:;Select Scan and choose your printing device and then select Scan once again. Next, you will find that the scanning process has already begun. When the process is complete, you will get to see the full image on the screen of the computer.
The last step concludes the process of scanning a document using a Canon MX922 printer in saving it on the desktop.
S To Scan To A Windows Computer
Make sure your printer is turned on, then press the SCAN button.
Choose the connected computer where your scanned images will be saved.
If your only connected computer is connected by a USB cable, you should see the scan standby screen and can proceed to step
To choose the destination computer, use the arrow buttons to select PC. Press OK.
Use the arrow buttons to select the computer ready to save your scanned images, then press OK.
Use the; arrow buttons to select the document type to apply relevant settings as specified in Scan settings.
;You can select Auto scan when you’re saving to a USB-connected computer.
With Auto scan, the printer automatically detects the type of the originals and adjusts the scan settings to optimal size, resolution, and data format.
If the scanning result with Auto scan is not satisfactory, select Document or .
Press the right Function button if you want to adjust scan settings, such as the scan size, resolution, or data format. Use the;arrow buttons to select the setting item or the;arrow buttons to specify the setting, then press OK.
Load the original document or photo on the scanning surface or in the automatic document feeder .
Press the Color button for color scanning, or the Black button for black;and white scanning. The printer will start scanning.
If your original document or photo is loaded on the scanning surface , and you’ve selected PDF or Compact PDF format, the printer will scan the original.
Recommended Reading: How To Unpause A Printer
Why Wont My Canon Printer Print From My Computer
The solution is to restart the Canon PIXMA printer, system, and the wireless router. Remove the power cable from the printers rear to solve the Canon printer wont print wirelessly issue. Switch the Mac or Windows computer Off and reinsert the power cable to your Canon PIXMA printer, and then power it up.
Connect Your Printer Via A Wps Connection
- Make sure that your printer is turned on before proceeding with the next steps.
- On the Setup Guide window, click on WPS.
- Connect your printer to the network via WPS by holding down the Wi-Fi button and wait for the Alarm light to flashorange. Once it does, release the Wi-Fi button. This is a signal that the printer is trying to connect to the network.
- Once the light on the Wi-Fi button flashes blue, go to your router and press the WPS button to allow the printer to connect to the network.
- If the Wi-Fi light stops blinking and steadily shows blue light, the printer is successfully connected to the network.
- On the Setup Guide window, the setup will notify you that the connection is successful.
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions until you reach the Software Installation List. From this window, make sure that MP Drivers, IJ Scan Utility2, and Canon IJ Network Tool are selected and click Next.
- Proceed to the AddPrinter process below.
Launch The Ij Scan Utility
Windows 10:;From the;Start;menu, select;All Apps;>;Canon Utilities;>;IJ Scan Utility. If you don’t;see this, type;IJ Scan Utility;in the search bar.
Windows 8 / 8.1:;Select;IJ Scan Utility;on the Start screen.;If IJ Scan Utility doesn’t display, select the;Search charm, then search for;IJ Scan Utility.
Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP:;From the Start menu, select;All Programs;>;Canon Utilities;>;IJ Scan Utility;>;IJ Scan Utility.
;If you don’t see IJ Scan Utility in the Start menu, you can find it here: C:\Program Files \Canon\IJ Scan Utility\SCANUTILITY.EXE
How To Scan Document On Canon Printer On Computer And Mac
These days, most;Canon printers come with an in-built scanner. As a result, it is simple and easy to import photos onto a computer. With the programming already present in the computer, coupled with quick scanning feature, the process of scanning does not take a long time on a computer machine.
If you own a printer from Canon, it is even more important for you to know how to scan on canon printer. It is one of the basic things that you need to know to be able to make the most of the possession of a printer.
You can simplify matters further for yourself if you know how to go about it. Read on to find out the steps on Canon printer scan to computer and Mac.
Read Also: What Does Collated Mean Printer
I Have Windows 10 And I Have A Canon Printer How Do I Scan To My Computer
- 1 reply
All I want to do is to scan a letter into my computer so that I can send it with an email.
Hi Frank, most likely you can find a user manual for your printer on Canon’s support site here:
That should explain the steps to scan the document to your computer. For example, to save the scan into your Documents folder.
Then in Firefox, while you are composing a new message, you should be able to use your email site’s attach button to grab that file and attach it to your message.
Maybe Canon’s software has a shortcut for that, but I would have no idea myself.
Canon Mx922 How To Scan Setup And Issue Fix Help
To fix scan setup issues, follow the guided troubleshooting steps given below.
- Check if the cable connection is done correctly. If not, then the connection issue occurs.
- Check if there is an issue with the scanner unit. If the scanner is not scanning the document, it means that the scanner glass is dirty.
- Clean the scanner glass using a lint-free cloth or tissue.
- Check if your driver is up-to-date. If the driver is outdated, update it.
- If the scanner scans the wrong document or stops scanning, then there is a variation in CaptureOnTouch Canon MX922 How to Scan job & the Scanner driver settings.
- To resolve it, you have to edit the existing job settings in CaptureOnTouch.
Read Also: What Does Collate Mean On A Printer
Canon Mx922 Scan To Email
- Keep your Canon Pixma Mx922 printer On.
- Press the Scan button and choose the device to which the data is going to be saved.
- Choose Attach to E-mail and Press Ok for the Canon MX922 scan to email process.
- Use the arrow keys to select the computer.
- Use the side arrow keys to choose the document type.
- The right Function button will help you customize the settings as required.
- Load the document on the plate glass.
- The photo / document will now be scanned and sent to your computer via e-mail. Reach our experts to get quick Canon MX922 scanner setup related support.
Why Will My Canon Printer Not Scan
You may need to update your printer/scanner driver. Connectivity is a possible issue make sure any cables are secure, such as a USB connection. Your device driver for the Canon scanner may be outdated or missing. Device drivers can become corrupted, which may cause your scanner to not work properly.
Dont Know How To Scan From My Canon Printer To My Hp Laptop
Got a new printer/scanner;; Canon-; and can’t figure out how to scan a doc from the scanner to my HP; PC so I can attatch it to an email
There is a manual on the following link:
I’ve got a Canon Pixma which is sitting next to my loan HP printer now and they do nearly same way to print, copy, scan.
- First thing you have to install software and drivers to your computer using the CD which comes with the printer,
- After that, put original face down on the glass area of the printer,
- It is much easy for the first time: scan FROM computer by double click printer icon on desktop then select Scan or use Canon IJ Network Scan Utility.
KUDOS‘Accept as Solution’