What Causes Your Canon Scanner To Not Work
Trouble-shooting your Canon scanner is reasonably straightforward, but your problem can be caused by a number of issues:
- First, try rebooting your computer and turning your scanner off for a few minutes, then back on. Doing this corrects more computer and device issues than you may expect.
- Besides turning the scanner off, disconnect the power cord this causes a more complete hardware reset.
- If your Canon scanner is new, it may not be compatible with your operating system , such as an outdated OS like Windows XP, or now even Windows 7.
- Have you recently upgraded to a new OS, such as WIN 10? You may need to update your printer/scanner driver.
- Connectivity is a possible issue make sure any cables are secure, such as a USB connection
- If your connection is wireless, be sure your Canon scanner is connecting to your WiFi there should be an indication of communication on your scanner panel.
- Your device driver for the Canon scanner may be outdated or missing.
- Device drivers can become corrupted, which may cause your scanner to not work properly.
- Malware or viruses may have compromised your system, causing many issues, including making devices fail.
Check with the Canon support portal or customer service to ensure the scanner model is compatible with your system configuration.
How Do You Scan Documents On Canon
Select Start > Programs > Canon Utilities > MP Navigator EX > MP Navigator EX. Select Photos/Documents. Open the top of the scanner and place the document you wish to scan on the glass. Set preferences on the screen as needed. Select the Scan button when ready. The Pixma 5220 should start the scanning process.
Download And Update Mg2522
If you dont want to use Advanced Driver Updater, you can update the driver file from Canons official website. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Visit Canons official website2. Click Support > SOFTWARE & DRIVERS
3. Browse by Product Type > select your device
4. Select your model or search for the product by entering the term in the search field
5. Double click on it.6. Under Drivers & Downloads, click the down arrow next to Operating System. Select the operating system you are using.
7. Next, to the target driver, click Select, under Option Driver
8. Click Download
9. Once the driver is updated, reboot the system and your MG2522 printer. Your printer should now start working.
Canon PIXMA MG2522 Software
Thats it. Hopefully using the steps explained above you were able to update the MG2522 driver and get it working. If you have any questions regarding this leave us a message in the comments section. In case you need any assistance with the product or have any questions send an email to
Read Also: Wps Pin Hp Printer Location
Automatically Download And Update Mg2522 Driver
If you dont have any technical knowledge or experience to update the driver, using Advanced Driver Updater, you can easily update the PIXMA MG2522 driver. This best driver updating tool scans the system for outdated drivers and shows the most compatible driver update for it.
To use it, you dont need to know the system configuration and device details. Also, the risk of downloading incorrect drivers is eliminated.
Whats more, before updating drivers, Advanced Driver Updater takes a backup of outdated drivers. Also, all the drivers added to the Advanced Driver Updater database come straight from the manufacturer. To use this professional driver updating tool, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Run the popular and professional driver updating tool3. Click Start Scan Now to scan the system for outdated drivers
4. Once you have the scan results, click Update All to automatically download and install outdated drivers
However, if you are using the trial version and just want to update Canon MG2522, you can update it by clicking the Update driver next to it.
5. Wait for the Canon PIXMA MG2522 to download.6. Restart the system to apply changes, now try using Canon Pixma MG2522 it should work.
In addition to this, to check for the driver update, you can also use Canon PIXMA MG2522 software.
How Do I Put My Printer Back Online
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select See whats printing. From the window that opens choose Printer from the menu bar at the top. Select Use Printer Online from the drop down menu.
You May Like: How To Fax From Home Printer
Q4 How To Reset Canon Mg2522 Printer
Here are a few steps you need to follow in order to reset your Canon MG2522 printer:
- Power off your Canon MG2522 printer.
- Then, leave the device idle for a while, afterward provide the required connections.
- Once done, then try to connect the USB power cables into the respective ports.
- Now, sit back and wait for the Canon printer to reboot by itself. If it fails, then hit the Power button on the machine to start it manually.
Thats all! This is a general way to reset your Canon printer.
How To Scan A Document On A Canon Printer
This article was written by Travis Boylls. Travis Boylls is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Travis has experience writing technology-related articles, providing software customer service, and in graphic design. He specializes in Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux platforms. He studied graphic design at Pikes Peak Community College.The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 1,078,127 times.
This wikiHow teaches you how to scan a digital version of a physical document into your computer using a Canon all-in-one printer. You can do this on both Windows and Mac computers.
You May Like: What Does Collate Mean On A Copier
The Benefits Of Having An Efax Account
In short, eFax allows you send and receive faxes using your Canon device – including ones that don’t have faxing capabilities or a phone line connection.
To further illustrate the advantages of relying on eFax’s online faxing services, consider these great features and benefits:
- Cost Savings: With an eFax account, you can send and receive faxes without having to pay for a landline, printing supplies, or even a printer with fax capabilities.
- Online Fax Storage: You can store as many faxes as youd like as long as your eFax account remains active.
- Toll-free and Local Fax Numbers: You may choose between a toll-free fax number and a local one. Both of them are free.
- Compatibility: Whether you want to send faxes via Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo Mail, or another emailing platform, eFax’s features are compatible with all of them. You can also store your faxes and documents on several cloud platforms.
- Convenience: Send and receive faxes from almost any device and from anywhere with an internet connection.
These advantages make eFax an ideal solution for businesses and individuals who are looking to fax from a Canon printer, but without all the attached strings. In fact, you don’t even need a fax machine or printer to send and receive faxes through eFax.
Above all, eFax has plans that are suitable for both personal and professional use.
Other Steps When Your Canon Scanner Doesnt Work
If you have an anti-virus function on your system , make sure the applications detection database or definition is up-to-date. Next, run a full scan of your system. This will catch and hopefully remove any undesirable elements in your platform that could be either causing problems or may be silently waiting to wreak havoc in your computer in the future.
- If your Canon scanner is connected via USB cable, try another cable, and even try a different USB port
- Check the scanner glass a dirty or otherwise contaminated surface could result in scanning issues. Refer to the owners manual for instructions on cleaning the glass without damaging the surface.
- Make sure there is no error message on the scanner panel, indicating a hardware problem.
- If your Canon scanner isnt working, and its connected to a laptop, try changing the power options:
Type power saver into the windows search window, then select the option to Choose a power plan
Choose the option for Power Saver, and take the option to Choose a power plan
Select the Power Saver option.
Although it may not seem intuitive, some laptop users have reported this simple step has resolved problems with their Canon scanner hanging.
You May Like: Hp Envy 4520 Prints Blank Pages
How Do You Install A Canon Printer
You can install canon printer by using a USB cable on computer or by using wi-fi. Make sure the printer is close to your computer. You need to connect USB-to-printer cables that allow you to connect your printer to your PC for direct communication between the printer and your computer.
Load the original document or photo on the scanning surface or in the automatic document feeder . Press the Color button for color scanning, or the Black button for black and white scanning. The printer will start scanning.
Why Isnt My Canon Scanner Working
Technology has enabled you to replace a conglomeration of devices with a remarkable piece of equipment the multi-function printer . Not only can you generate quality printed documents, but with the touch of a button or the click of a mouse, you can do so much more:
- Scan a document for copying
- Scan a document right into your computer for editing and/or sharing
- Print a fax or other document you received via email
- Print documents directly from tablets or smartphones via WiFi
Your MFP does so much to make your life easier, replacing outdated fax machines, scanners, and copiers and saving money on maintenance, electricity, and replacements. For home or business use, these ingenious machines have changed the way you operate your computer and work with your documents, providing the functionality without taking up the space of the old devices. They simplify your day-to-day operation when they work.
Like all technology, MFPs seem to quit working at the most inopportune times. Just when you need to scan an important document on your MFP, youre left with the frustration of a scanner that just isnt doing its job.
Canon is one of the industry leaders in high-quality, affordable scanning MFPs, yet its not unusual to run into issues with your Canon scanner, for several reasons.
Don’t Miss: How To Print From Iphone To Wireless Printer
Q5 How To Install Canon Pixma Mg2522 Printer Without Cd/dvd
Using a USB cable, one can install the Canon MG2522 printer without the installation disk. For this, its worth noting that your USB cable should be compatible with your PC and printer device. Now, here is how to do that:
- Plug the printer into a power supply and turn it on.
- Now, using a USB wire, try to connect the printer device to your computer system.
- After that, make a click on the Start button.
- Next, enter printers & scanners and hit the Enter key from your keyboard.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process through USB.
Canon Pixma Mg 2522 Inkjet Printer Specifications:
Canon Pixma MG 2522 inkjet printer is a wireless printer available with a 4-Color Cartridge Hybrid Ink System in XL that will see a less of replacement. It features a paper tray on its rear side that enables reloading plain and photo paper effortlessly fast. It is compatible with printing on both plain paper as well as photo paper with a glossy surface. It also has a flatbed scanner, and all these features together make the Canon Pixma MG 2522 printer a superior printer model.
Recommended Reading: Get Printer Ink Out Of Carpet
Canon Pixma Mg2522 Printer Setup
How To Perform A Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup Manually?
Performing the Canon Pixma Printer setup MG2522 requires you to first ensure that you have received all the accessories of the printer, as per the printer specification. Once you remove the printer from its package, keep it on a flat surface and switch it on. Next, you need to press and hold the WiFi button on the printer, until the wireless lamp starts flashing. To continue with the Canon Pixma MG2522 Printer setup, you need to connect your computer to the same WIFi network that the printer is connected to.
Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup Windows 10
Performing a Canon Pixma Wireless Printer setup MG2522 requires you to follow the below-mentioned steps:
Canon Pixima Mg2522 Fax Scan And Printer
I posted a question earlier, but I don’t know if I did it right. My printer will scan items, but I cannot get it to print something I made up in Microsoft Office Onenote. I couldn’t get it, then I went into properties, and maybe I checked a box that shouldn’t have been checked. In the manual it said not to go into advanced and check the prevention of print data loss. When I saw that it was off, I thought, boy, that should be checked. After I read that, I went back in and tried to change it. The light was not on. I couldn’t click on it. I tried to hit defaults but that didn’t work. What should I do? I need to get this flyer printed out. It is for a fundraiser.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Printer To Samsung Tablet
Connecting Canon Mg2522 To Pc Via Usb Cable
- This method constitutes the connection of your printer with the PC, and for this purpose, you would need to begin with downloading and installing the correct printer drivers on your PC.
- If you have not got the printer drivers installed on your PC, you can either use the CD that usually comes along with you when you buy a printer or get these directly from the official webpage of your printer.
- Be it downloading the printer drivers through CD or webpage, you will always encounter a list of instructions to follow to install the drivers correctly.
- Once you have installed the printer drivers for your Canon Pixma mg2522 printer on your PC, you would need a USB cable to develop a connection between the printer and the PC.
- Would you please make sure that you have downloaded and installed the printer drivers before developing the connection between the printer and PC?
- Next, you have to plug one end of the USB cable into the printer and the other into the PCs USB port.
- Your next job is to open the control panel on your PC and select devices and then printers.
- You will see a list appearing on your screen containing different printers, and you have to choose the one you are currently using.
- Next, set your Canon Pixma mg2522 printer as a default printer. Would you mind waiting for a while to allow your printer to get connected to your PC?
- You can check if the printer has developed the association with PC or not by performing a print test.
Canon Pixma Manuals Mg2500 Series
Usually, the print head alignment function on the maintenance tab is set to automatic head alignment. Plain paper handling from mobile to our products. Canon mg2522 driver downloads & setup for windows 10, 8, 7 fulfill the pixma mg2522, an easy printer for your home printing demands. Canon pixma mg2522 driver download, software, wireless setup, installation, scanner driver, manual, for windows 10, 8, 7, and mac canon pixma mg2522 printer is an all-in-one inkjet with scanning and copying works with both windows and mac. You can also do this in device and printers right-click on the printing select see whats printing on the context menu and delete the unprinting documents. To set in the media type list.
The pixma mg2522 printer driver, 8. In addition, manual, to select. You agree to automatic head alignment. The interactive transcript could not be loaded. When printing large data such as a photo or graphics, it may take longer to start printing. Dell Wireless. Canon pixma mg2522 drivers software download, manual, setup, install, scanner, windows 10, 8, 7, mac os, linux the pixma mg522 is an easy as well as a reliable printer, dealing with all your printing requires.
Print any windows document on your canon ip3000 printer. 8, devices and the media type list. Select your print job, wireless setup tab. You had documents stuck in your print queue.
Recommended Reading: How To Bypass Canon Low Ink Warning
How To Troubleshoot Canoncom/ijsetup Mg2522 Printer Issues
Printer or scanner not appearing in select model list:
- The printer or scanner not appearing in the select model list may be due to any of the following two cases:
- A printer or scanner driver supporting the quick menu is not installed on your PC.
- A printer or scanner driver installation is not completed on your device.
A shortcut menu is hidden:
- The shortcut menu may be hidden in the Windows sidebar in Windows Vista, which obstructs operating it with the mouse. To overcome such situation double-click on a Quick Menu available in the notification area of the desktop and bring the Shortcut Menu to the front.
- Now make sure the Shortcut Menu doesnt overlap with the Windows sidebar.
Fixing printing issues in canon.com/ijsetup mg2522 printer:
- Try out performing the hard printer reset to fix the issue.
- Power off your Canon printer and unplug from the socket.
- Remove the cable attached to the rear side of your printer.
- Dont plugin until a minute or two.
- Replug your printer without the surge protectors
- Connect the cable back.