What Can Cause A Paper Jam
Clear Jammed Paper From The Input And Output Tray
If You Cannot Remove Jammed Paper
This section explains how to remove badly jammed paper that you cannot remove by the usual methods.
If the multi bypass tray and duplex unit are attached to the printer, switch the printer off and detach the duplex unit.
Do not touch the feed belt, the transparent black band, print head rail rod, ink tubes, or paper pressing board. Take care not to snag the sleeves of your clothing on the ink tubes.
Transparent black band
Paper pressing board
If the printer’s ink tube is preventing access to the jammed paper, carefully pull the tube to the side. Do not pull the tube upward. Pulling the tube upward will damage the printer.
Open the top cover.
Open the left cover, and then turn the paper feed wheel.
Turn the wheel while looking for the jammed paper through the top cover opening.
Remove the jammed paper through the top cover opening or back of the printer.
Before removing jammed paper from the back of the printer, remove the rear cover.
Close the left cover.
Close the top cover.
Before starting a print job, be sure to attach the tray 1 cover and tray 2 cover.
Align the paper and reload it in the paper tray. Loading paper over the limit line in the tray may result in a paper jam.
Read Also: Why Does Hp Printer Keep Going Offline
How Do I Clear The Message ‘paper Jam Inside’
- Mono Laser FAX/MFC
To clear the message Paper Jam Inside, follow the steps listed below:
NOTE:Be sure that a toner AND drum assembly is installed in the machine before continuing. A machine may exhibit a jam message if the drum isn’t installed or isn’t installed properly.
CAUTION:If you just used the machine some parts inside the machine are extremely hot
1. Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine.
2. Pull the jammed paper out of the paper tray opening.
-;;If you are unable to remove the jammed paper continue to STEP 3.
-;;If you are able to remove the jammed paper continue to STEP 9.
3. Open the front cover.
4. Pull out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. The jammed paper may be pulled out with the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly, or removing the drum and toner assembly may release the paper so you can pull it out of the paper tray opening.
a. If you are able to remove the drum assembly and jammed paper continue to STEP 5.
5. Place the drum unit on a drop cloth or large piece of disposable paper to avoid spilling and scattering the toner.
Hold down the green lock lever on the left side of the drum assembly and lift the toner out of the drum unit.
Examine the drum carefully for small pieces of paper that may be jammed inside.
6. Reinsert the toner cartridge in the drum unit until it clicks into place. If you put it in properly, the lock lever will lift automatically.
8. Close the front cover. Make sure it clicks into place.
20. Close the back cover.
Clear Jammed Paper From The Rear Of The Printer
Clear jammed paper from the duplexer
Clear jammed paper from the rear access door
You May Like: How To Connect Canon Mg2522 Printer To Wifi
Canon Printer Says Paper Jam But No Paper In It
- If your Canon printer says paper jam but no paper in it, then perform the procedures given below.
- Unplug the power cable from the Canon printer.
- Leave the Canon printer unplugged for a maximum of one minute.
- Reconnect the cable and try to print. If the issue continues, then remove the toner cartridge from the printer.
- Check if there is any paper stuck inside the printer.
- Now, replace the toner cartridge and try a test print.
- If the issue continues, then remove the ink cartridge from the printer.
- Install the ink cartridges one at a time back into the printer.
- Make sure that the input tray is not overfilled. To get instant technical support to solve the Canon Pixma paper jam problem easily.
How To Fix Paper Jam Issue In Hp Printer
Recommended Reading: How To Start Canon Printer
Continued Problems Possible Printer Hardware Problems
If the printer claims there is still a paper jam after going through the steps above, your printer may have a hardware problem. A malfunctioning roller or parts in the paper feed mechanism can make a printer think it has a paper jam.
In the case of a hardware problem, it may be possible to have the printer repaired. However, due to the low costs of printers today, it is often cheaper to buy a new printer instead of having a printer repaired.
How To Remove Jammed Paper From A Canon Printer
Step 1:;Power the machine off. Remove the power cord from the main supply.
Step 2:;Open the cover on which the prints come out.
Step 3:;If you see a piece of paper on the front tray, consider removing it. Touch the printer gently and avoid touching it in a way that it causes an issue. Avoid blotting or scratching the clear film as it may cause a technical issue.
Step 4:;Check if the jammed paper is under the FINE cartridge holder. If thats the case, then you may need to shift the cartridge to the left or right edge depending on whichever you find it convenient to move. At the time of moving the FINE cartridge holder, hold it and slide it on one of the edges.
Step 5:;Hold the jammed paper and pull it out in case it is rolled out.
Step 6:;Now pull the paper gently in a way that it does not tear apart. Pull out the entire paper when you feel that more than half of the paper has already come out.
Step 7:;In most of the cases, some part of the paper remains inside the machine in some way or the other. So, before you proceed with the next step, make sure that no portion of the paper which you have taken out is inside the machine. To be doubly sure about it, check both the left as well as the right edges of the FINE cartridge.
While paper jams are one of the absolutes of using a printer, you can elude this issue by taking certain precautions. If your job involves using a printer for most of the part, make a point of remembering the steps given below.
Also Check: How To Set Up Printer On Ipad
How To Fix That Office Printer Jam
Office printer jamstheyre unavoidable. Many of us tiptoe over to the printer and treat it as nicely as we can in hopes that were not the person to cause a paper jam again. If you dont want to find yourself on your hands and knees, desperately grabbing at corners of paper lodged up in the office printer, we have a few tips to help you effectively and quickly clear a paper jam.
Clean The Rear Rollers Printer
You May Like: How Ink Jet Printer Works
What Causes Paper Jam In Printers
There are many things that could cause paper jam in printers, but the most common reason is when there is too much paper or an object inserted into the printer. Paper can get jammed if it has been printed on both sides and the second side didn’t go through properly, or if a piece of debris fell inside of your printer.
Debris can also be caused by dust from outside accumulating on your printer’s rollers. The good news is that you don’t have to worry about this problem very often because manufacturers put safety measures in place to stop any potential damage due to these issues.
Canon Pixma Printer Not Feeding Paper
- If you want to solve the Canon Pixma printer not feeding paper error, you should check if the papers are stacked properly in the input tray of the printer.
- Align the paper before loading it. Make sure that it is not damaged, curled, or wrinkled. If so, replace it with new ones.
- Adjust the paper width guides after loading the paper. Make sure you have loaded the paper in the portrait orientation.
- Check if the media type and paper settings are matching. If not, modify the settings.
- Check if there are any foreign objects in the rear tray. You should clean the paper feed roller if the above-given solutions fail.
- Take a test print. Reach our experts to solve the Canon Pixma paper jam issue.
Recommended Reading: How To Share A Printer
Paper Jams And How To Clear Them
|;||After you have just used the printer, some internal parts of the printer will be extremely hot. When you open the front cover or back cover of the printer, DO NOT touch the shaded parts shown in the illustrations.|
|;||Always remove all paper from the paper tray and straighten the stack when you add new paper. This helps prevent multiple sheets of paper from feeding through the printer at one time and prevents paper jams.|
Paper Jam Manual Feed Slot
When a small piece of paper is jammed at the inside of the Manual Feed slot, follow the instructions below to clear the jammed paper.
|If the paper is jammed at the inside of the Manual Feed tray, remove the paper guides and remove the jammed paper.|
|Replace the paper guides.|
|Open the printer cover, and then close the printer cover until it clicks shut. The jammed page’s print data is automatically reprinted.|
Read Also: How Can I Fax From My Printer
Precautions For Clearing Jammed Paper
Be sure to observe the following points when you clear jammed paper.
- Do not remove jammed paper by force. Torn paper can be difficult to remove and might cause other paper jams. Pull it gently in order to avoid tearing.
- Always try to remove jammed paper with both hands to avoid tearing it.
- If jammed paper is torn and remains in the product, or if paper is jammed in a place not mentioned in this section, contact your dealer.
- Make sure that the paper type that is loaded is the same as the Paper Type setting in the printer driver.
Follow the steps below to clear paper jams at the MP tray.
|Open the MP tray cover and remove all paper that is loaded.|
|Gently pull out any sheets of paper that have fed part way into the product.|
|Reload the paper and close the MP tray cover.|
|Open and close cover A.|
|After removing the jammed paper from the MP tray, you need to open and close any cover except the MP tray cover to clear the error message.|
How To Fix Paper Jam Issue In Canon Printer
You May Like: How To Scan Documents From Your Printer To Your Computer
How To Remove Jammed Paper From Canon Printer
Clearing The Jam From The Rear Of The Printer
If you can’t get to the paper jam from the loading tray, follow the instructions to clear the paper from the rear of the printer. Usually, the back of the printer has either a rear access panel or a two-sided printing accessory.
The type of rear access door differs by printer brand and model. If you cannot find or remove the rear access panel, check the website for specific details.
Read Also: How Do I Get My Brother Printer Back Online
My Hp Office Jet Pro 6978 Says Paper Is Jammed And There Is No Paper Jam
The printer says paper jam and there is no paper jam.;
Welcome to HP support community.
Make sure the carriage can move freely
urn on the printer, if it is not already on.
Open the cartridge access door.
Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the power source or electrical outlet.
You must unplug the power cord to move the carriage by hand and reset the paper feed mechanism without the risk of electrical shock.
Use a flashlight to check for any paper or objects that might be restricting the carriage, and then remove any paper or objects that you find.
If the paper tears when you remove it from the rollers, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the printer. If pieces of paper remain in the printer, more paper jams can occur.
Reach inside the printer through the ink cartridge access door, and then manually move the carriage.
If the carriage is stuck on the right side of the printer, move the carriage to the left side of the printer.
If the carriage is stuck on the left side of the printer, move the carriage to the right side of the printer.
If the carriage is stuck in the middle of the printer, move the carriage to the right side of the printer.
Remove any loose paper or obstructions found.
Close the ink cartridge access door.
I hope that helps.
Canon Pixma Mg3620 Paper Jam
- Follow the below steps to know how to solve the Canon Pixma paper jam issue.
- Try to remove the jammed paper from the Canon Pixma MG3620 printer.
- If the issue continues, then reset the printer completely to resolve the issue.
- Turn off the printer. Press the Stop button while holding the Power button.
- Release both the buttons. After a while, press the Stop button thrice while holding the Power button.
- The printer display goes blank. Once the printer resets successfully, the power light will become stable.
- Follow the above steps to solve the Canon Pixma Mg3620 paper jam error easily .
Read Also: How To Fax With Brother Printer