How To Solve Hp Envy 5055 Printer Offline Error
There can be a lot of issues or you can say there are several factors responsible for the cause of HP Envy 5055 Printer offline error such as Printer offline error, Print Alignment error, Print jobs stuck in printing queue error, or Paper Jam error, etc., but dont worry using the below-given step by step guide can help you to turn HP printer from offline to online.
- First of all, reboot your HP Envy 5055 printer by shutting it down and then turning it on again.
- This is to check all the cable connections and to ensure that the power is on for the printer.
Still, if the problem prevails, further do follow these below-mentioned steps to solve HP envy 5055 printers offline Error both in Windows as well as Mac:
Troubleshoot Your Printer Connection
Identify and resolve printer connection issues.
Troubleshoot the printer USB connection
Check the USB cable for damage and length, replace it if necessary, and restart your printer and computer.
Turn off the printer and your computer.
Disconnect the USB cable from your computer and printer, and then inspect the cable.
If the cable is damaged or longer than 3 m , replace it.
If the cable is undamaged and shorter than 3 m , connect the cable to a different USB port on the computer. The port should be USB 2.0 or greater. If you are using a USB hub or docking station, connect the cable directly to the computer.
Connect the cable to your printer, and then make sure the cable is fully secured to both ports.
Turn on the computer, and then wait for the computer to complete startup.
Turn on the printer, and then add your printer or wait for the computer to install the new device .
Troubleshoot the wireless printer connection
Check network issues and setup requirements if the printer is not found during software installs or when wireless print jobs fail.
Restart devices: Restart the printer and the computer or mobile device to clear possible error conditions.
Print a Wireless Test Report: Search the HP Customer Support website for your printer model, and then search forself test page to find the document on how to print and evaluate the report.
Troubleshoot the wired network connection
Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the Ethernet cable from the router and the printer.
How Do I Get My Hp Printer Back Online Windows 10
Make Printer Online in Windows 10
Recommended Reading: How Do I Connect My Hp Printer To My Iphone
Fix Offline Error Through Updating The Hp Printer Driver
Drivers are critical to the wellbeing of your apps and apparatus.
If you search fordrivers in your taskbar, among those choices which should pop up would be yourDevice Manager. The Device Manager, once clicked, will record elements of your computer that operate with drivers.
When one of those options is chosen individually, youre attracted to a little window which could tell you anything about the device and it features a tab especially for drivers.
From here, you can assess if you have to upgrade the driver. If the driver needs an upgrade to keep on functioning properly, you are able to do this from this display.
Why Is My Hp Envy 4520 Printer Offline
Your HP Envy 4520 printer says that it is offline, even when you have indeed turned it on. Unfortunately, it is not a rare error to occur with the latest HP printer. Besides, it is quick to fix. Before moving onto the troubleshooting steps, let us light on the probable causes for this error.
- If you have not updated your printer drivers, they might cause your HP Envy 4520 to develop an offline error.
- Besides, an incomplete printer setup can also result in offline errors.
- Maybe the connection of your printer with other devices is lacking.
- If you do not possess the latest firmware, you might face an offline printer error on your HP Envy 4520.
Take A Look At The Cable
First up, you should check to make sure your printers cable is still connected. An accidental bump may have dislodged it either partially or fully, and meaning the computer and printer can now no longer communicate with each other. Check both the point on the computers end, and on the printers end, to be sure it all looks good and is connected correctly. If this all looks to be positioned as it should be, try swapping the cable out for a spare to see if the cable itself could be the issue.
Disable Use Printer Offline Mode
You should check that the “Use Printer Offline” mode isn’t enabled. You may have done this accidentally or your printer or some software may have turned it on.
Press Windows key + I to open Settings. Go to Devices > Printers & scanners. Select your printer and click Open queue. Click Printer on the toolbar and ensure Use Printer Offline doesn’t have a tick next to it. If it does, click it to disable this.
Also Check: How Do I Connect My Hp Printer To My Iphone
Hp Envy 5055 Offline Error In Mac:
- Firstly, disconnect your entire printers cable connection from your Mac, and even if you have a wireless printer you have to disconnect that as well.
- Also, turn off your printer.
- Then get the HP Print & Scan specialist utility apparatus software update for your Mac
- After installing it, turn on your printer and connect it again with Mac.
- Then choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and click Printers & Scanners.
- Last but not the least select your Printer from the given list of devices.
With the help of the above-mentioned steps, you can troubleshoot HP Envy 5055 Printer is offline error very effortlessly. If still the issue bothers you then you have to contact the Hp printer support at last for the solution.
These were the basic methods using which you can get rid of the HP printer is offline error, but the thing that needs your attention is what is causing the issue and how the root cause can be fixed. Here are some of the tips and tricks that may help from the future instances of the error and generates resistance in your device against various minors issues that usually occur out the blue and disturb the flow of printing.
Also read: Why is my hp printer showing offline
How To Remove Printer Drivers And Packages
Make sure you are using Windows as an Admin or sign-in as one.
Type CMD in the search bar.
With command prompt open type printui /s /t2 including the spaces to open the Print Server Properties window.
Now remove the Driver and Package for the printer in question.
You can now add your printer again by selecting Add a Printer from Devices and Printers.
Your printer should now be showing as online and allow you to continue printing.
If not there is likely to be an issue with the printer electronically, further advice would be to contact the printers manufacturer or a printer technician.
Always check the cost of a printer fixing error in some cases it may be cheaper to purchase a new printer rather than pay the fixing and maintenance cost.
Don’t Miss: Which Printer Has The Cheapest Ink
If This Doesn’t Work You Will Have To Reinstall The Drivers
To reinstall the drivers go to “Settings” then “Printers” and select the printer.
Right-click on the printer and choose “Properties”.
Under the “General” or “Details” look for the driver button, select it and choose the driver again.
You may also have to download the driver from the printer manufacturer’s website.
Reinstall the printer. Under “Printers” in the “Settings” menu, go back select the printer.
Delete the printer from the menu and reinstall it again through the “Add printer” wizard.
Use the latest printer driver from the printer manufacturer’s website.
What Does Printer Offline Mean
Most of us have encountered the problem of a printer saying it is offline before. It can be an annoying issue, especially if it has cropped up at a time when youve got a deadline!
So, what does printer offline mean, and how can you go about troubleshooting to find a solution? There are several different reasons why you may be getting a printer offline message and several different solutions that could help to fix the problem and get you back to printing. Sometimes the cable has become dislodged, or the device just needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled onto your computer.
Today, we take a look at the meaning of the phrase printer appears offline, and some tips and tricks that may help you to solve the issue and get back to printing!
Also Check: How To Connect Brother Hl-2270dw Printer To Wifi
How Do I Connect My Hp Deskjet 2600 Printer To Wifi
HOW TO CONNECT HP DESKJET 2600 TO WIFI SETUP
Make Printer Online Using Device Manager
If you prefer using Device manager, you can follow the steps below to make printer online on your Windows computer.
1. Right-click on the Start button and click on Device Manager option in the WinX menu.
2. On Device Manager Screen, click on the Action tab and select Devices and Printers option in the drop-down menu.
Note: If Devices and Printers option does not appear, retry again after sometime.
3. On Devices and Printers screen, right-click on the Offline Printer and select See whats printing option in the contextual menu.
4. On the next screen, select the Printer Tab and click on Use Printer Offline option to remove the check mark on this item.
5. Wait for the printer to come back online.
Once the printer comes back online, it should start printing whatever was in the print queue.
Recommended Reading: Printer Collate Option
Reset The Print System
Resetting the print system can clear any error states by removing all HP and non-HP printers, pending print jobs, and printer preferences.
Resetting the print system removes all printers. After you reset the print system, re-add your printers to the queue.
Right-click or control+click anywhere in the Printers list, and then click Reset printing system.
Type the administrator name and password, and then click OK to complete the reset.
Once the reset is complete, re-add your printer. Click the Plus sign, select your printer in the list, and then click Add.
Physically Checking The Printer And Cables
- Check that both ends of the USB cable are properly inserted. And, if the printer has networks, then check the proper insertion of Ethernet cables. And, ifyour printer has a wireless connection, then check for the internet connection and printers connectivity to the router.
- If the printer is connected with the help of a cable, try inserting the cable in different sockets on your computer.
- To make sure that there is no fault in the cable, you can check by using another cable.
Also Check: How To Trick Printer Ink Cartridge Hp
Hp Envy 5055 Error In Windows:
- Then you have to turn on your computer device that is connected to your printers devices.
- After that go to the start menu and click on the Drivers and Printers option.
- In that select HP Envy 5055 Printer is offline from the list by clicking on the printer offline icon.
- Once you selected it, you will have to simply click on the Offline status of printer to select the Printer option to reset the user printer offline status option.
- Following these, you can get your printer back to online mode.
Four: Manually Set The Default Print Driver
Windows 8 or 7
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Phone With Printer
Manually Set The Printer Online
- Click on the start button on the left corner at the bottom of your device. Choose the option Control Panel and after this, Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer in question and after this, select the option See whats printing.
- A window will get open and choose the Printer option from the top menu bar.
- A drop-down menu appears. Select the option choose printer online
Restart The Print Spooler Service
The print spooler is a service that handles interaction with the printer. Restarting this service can get your printer back online.
Open the Start menu, search for Services, and open the relevant app. Scroll down until you see Print Spooler in the Name column. When you find it, right click it and click Restart.
Don’t Miss: How To Print From Smartphone To Hp Printer
Use Hp Print And Scan Doctor
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows computer to help diagnose and fix printing and scanning issues.
Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer.
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor, and then follow the prompts to install and open the tool.
On the welcome screen, click Start to select your printer and run the diagnostic.
If your printer is not found, click My product is not listed, and then follow the instructions troubleshoot the connection.
Reasons For Printer Offline Errors
Not only is it important to understand how to correct those problems, but its also imperative that you know what could be causing them in the first place so you could be better able to address them if they appear in the future.
Quite a few elements might be the reason for your error message, also you will find a few that are rather fast to repair.
Recommended Reading: How To Find The Wps Pin For My Hp Printer
Hp Printer Keeps Going Offline Check For Netork Connection Error
You may often face a situation where your HP printer keeps going offline.
- One of the key reasons for the printer showing offline is the issue with its Wifi connectivity.
- Another key reason for the HP printer to be offline is that its IP address is not configured properly in the laptop or the desktop.
Hence an error message pops up saying Printer is offline. To ensure that the IP address is configured properly, follow the given steps-
- Open HP configuration screen.
- Select the IP address option from the drop down menu
These steps will allow you to eradicate the error that comes due to the wrong IP address.
In order to avoid the HP printer from being offline, you need to make sure that all printer drivers are accurately installed & updated. Constant and timely updating of system settings and printer drivers eradicates the possible errors that can occur while using the printer.
When a user face printer challenges, Hp printer offline fix can easily achieved by following the troubleshooting steps given in this article. One of the key ways to rectify the issue is by selecting the WiFi printing option from the printer by pressing the Wifi button. Thereafter go to Network setting from the system to see range of available printers. As a user you need to select your printer from the listed printers. Post this step your print tasks can be completed as it will show you HP printer is online.
Why Wont My Phone Connect To My Printer
Make sure the printer and your Android device are connected to the same local Wi-Fi network and check for any network-related issues. On the Android device, confirm Wi-Fi is on and the status is Connected for your local wireless network. If a local network is unavailable, Wi-Fi Direct printing might be an option.
Don’t Miss: How To Add Printer To Dell Laptop
What Does It Mean When A Printer Appears Offline
Simply put, when a printer appears offline, your computer is saying it cannot be connected to, which means it cannot be printed from. In order to create prints, a printer and computer need to have a connection, and when this cannot be found, printing cannot go ahead. There are several reasons this may be the case, which we will address below.