How To Configure An Airprint Server For Non
As you can see in the previous section, AirPrint works as long as you’re on the same network, and the iOS device can see the printer. But what if you don’t have a compatible printer? Let’s explore setting up an AirPrint server for available wired printers connected to a computer.
There are a few pieces of software for your Mac computer that you can use for running an AirPrint server for your iOS devices. Here are some of the most popular options:
Both of these apps can get the job done, but I prefer Printopia due to the frequency of updates and the additional support it provides, such as printing directly to Dropbox, the ability to scale photos, and the ability to set different paper tray options if your printer supports it.
There’s also a Printopia Pro version that supports enterprise features, such as the ability to work across subnets and various complex network configurations, unlimited printer support, and the ability to print to network drive storage.
After you download and install the Printopia application by dragging and dropping it into the Applications folder in Finder on a Mac, open it. When the application first opens, it will start up the AirPrint service, then show a list of printers available in the Printers tab . Any already configured printers will be available in this list if you need to add a printer, click + then Add Printer to display the standard macOS dialog for printer discovery.
Printing With An Airprint Printer
Whether you want to print from your iPhone or iPad, the process is almost identical. The only difference is really where you might find the share button . This button may also move around depending on if youre using portrait or landscape mode.
If you have an AirPrint compatible printer, youll see it automatically show up across iOS. Heres how the process looks in the Files app on iPhone :
As long as you see the share button on the content or file youre looking at you should be able to print directly from your device.
Heres what it looks like to print from the web via Safari:
As shown above, for Safari and many other apps, the share button may hide as you swipe through content, use the app, etc. So make sure to tap the screen or tap the top of your screen to see buttons reappear.
Print Using Printer Manufacturers App
If you do not want to use AirPrint or your printer is not AirPrint enabled, you can print using the printer manufacturers application. Different printer manufacturers have their apps to help you print anything from anywhere.
Below we talk about the two big players in the printing industry, i.e., HP and Canon.
Printing from iPhone on HP printer
Here is how to print from iPhone to HP printer.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Download and install the HP Smart printer application.
- Connect your printer and phone to the same wireless network.
- Open the HP Smart app.
- Give the necessary Bluetooth and location permissions.
- If your printer is not detected automatically, tap the printers name and follow the on-screen prompts to connect iPhone to the printer.
- After completing the setup, tap Print and select the document you wish to print.
- Touch the Print icon to begin printing.
You can also use the HP Smart app to print on your iPad. Lets discuss the same below.
Printing from iPad on HP printer
Below is how to print from iPad to wireless HP printer without AirPrint.
- Connect your printer and iPad to the same wireless network.
- Download and install the HP Smart app on your iPad.
- Open the application you installed in the previous step.
- If the app fails to detect your printer automatically, choose Add from the top and select your printer from the list that appears.
- Complete the setup and tap Print.
- Select your document and tap the Print icon to begin printing.
Recommended Reading: Where To Find Wps Pin On Hp Deskjet 2600
How To Print From An Iphone Or Ipad Without Airprint
Not all printers have the AirPrint feature, especially if they are a bit older. But if they have a wireless capability, you should still be able to print from it wirelessly you’ll just have to download your printer’s app on the App Store.
To set up a printer on your iPhone or iPad without AirPrint and use it to print:
1. Open your printer’s app on your device.
2. Turn on your printer’s Wi-Fi.
3. Go into your phone or tablet’s “Settings” and hit the Wi-Fi tab.
4. Locate your printer under “OTHER NETWORKS” and tap on it.
5. Pull up the document, image, or webpage you want to print, then hit the “Share” icon.
6. You should now be able to connect the printer through the app and print.
Can You Print From Your Iphone To A Printer Without A Wi Fi Network
Yes, this is possible, but it is going to require some additional steps and equipment. The iPhone is a wireless device, o its default method of connection is going to rely on wireless connectivity.
The section below discusses how to establish a wired connection between a printer and the iPhone using the USB port on the back of the printer and the Lightning port on your iPhone.
You May Like: Hp Printer Driver Updates
Check With Your Manufacturer For More Options
Many of the major printer manufacturers have an app for printing from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If it isnt possible to AirPrint using any of the above options, contact your printer manufacturer for more help. They may have their own app for it!
Printing with the manufacturers app usually requires your printer to create a direct wireless access point. Take a look at your printer manual to find out how to do that. Its normally shown by one of these two icons:
Press that button and then go to Settings > Wi-Fi on your device and look for a new WiFi network with your printers name, brand, or model. Connect to that network and then open the app to print.
Why Wont My Canon Printer Connect To My Phone
If your Canon printer is not connecting to the phone, check if the printer is showing the connection as Active. Next, check if the signal strength is less than 80%. If it is below 80%, try to move the printer and router closer. Check if the printers network settings are reset to the factory default.
Recommended Reading: How To Scan A Document To Your Computer
Canon Pixma Tr150 Wireless Mobile Printer With Airprint And Cloud Compatible Black
- Take your printing on the go with the Pixma TR150 wireless mobile printer
- Compact and lightweight, this versatile, space-saving printer is designed for outstanding portability
- Print sharp documents and vibrant photos up to 8.5 x 11
- With an intuitive interface that features a 1.44-inch OLED display, the Pixma TR150 makes it easy to print anytime, anywhere
- Print hassle-free from a range of wireless options such as the Canon Print App , Apple AirPrint , Mopria Print Service and Google Cloud Print , straight from your mobile devices
Print From Your Apple Device
Print documents, photos, and web pages from iPhone and iPad apps with a print feature.
Make sure the printer is turned on, cartridges are installed, and the paper you want to print on is loaded in the correct paper tray.
Open the item you want to print, and then tap the Share icon ( or
Tap Print or the Print icon .
Select your printer, and then change print settings such as paper size, number of copies, or page range. Available settings depend on the app you are printing from, the print job type, and your printer.
Also Check: Uninstall Printer Drivers
How To Print From Iphone With Google Cloud Print
Did you know that Google makes it easy to print from any of its apps such as Chrome, Google Docs, and Gmail? This feature is known as Google Cloud Print, and heres how to use it.
1. Make sure you have a Google account
In case you do not have one, go to www.google.com and click Sign Up. Follow the on-screen instructions to create your account.
2. Get the PrintCentral Pro app on your iPhone
Theres no iOS app yet for Google Cloud Print. But fortunately, you can instead to get the job done which costs $5.99
3. Select a File to Print
Open the PrintCentral app and tap on the menu at the top left. Select what you want to print, such as an email, document, or image.
To print an email, you will have to add your email account, while documents must be added to iCloud. Images will require you to allow access to your photos.
Once youve found what you want to print, tap on the printer icon in the top-right corner.
4. Add a Printer
Now you will see a page called Printer . Tap the + sign at the top right corner and then select Google Cloud Printing.
You will need to enter your Gmail id as the username and then tap the blue Save button.
5. Tap the Print button.
If everything is working right, you will see a print page with the file youre trying to print displayed at the top of the screen. There will be an option to change the printer settings if needed, and you can also save the file to Google Drive if you want.
How To Print From Iphone Without An Airprint Printer
If your printer isn’t AirPrint compatible but is still capable of connecting to a wireless network, you may still be able to print from it using your iPhone. Simply head to the App Store and search for yourprinter manufacturer’s app.
There are apps available from HP, Canon, Lexmark and others. It is also possible to use a third-party app such as , which allows any printer to connect with an iPad. In this case, the printer will need to be connected to an Apple Mac.
Recommended Reading: Connect A Wireless Printer To A Mac
How To Print From Iphone Or Ipad With Airprint
With the growing popularity of wireless printers, the old ideas about having a printer connected to a computer are long gone. AirPrint takes this a step further by making it quick and easy to print directly from your iPhone or iPad with just a few taps.
Heres what you need to make use of this feature:
- Your iPhone or iPad
Then, just follow the steps below.
1. Set Up Your Printer
Use your printers manual to set it up correctly, turn it on, and connect to a reliable WiFi network.
Please note that it might take some time for the printer to detect the WiFi network, and its recommended that it is placed as close as possible to the router.
2. Connect your iOS Device to the Same WiFi Network
Go to Settings Wi-Fi and connect to the same network. If you run into any issues, restart your device and try again or troubleshoot WiFi connectivity.
Make sure your device is within the range of your printer.
3. Launch AirPrint
The AirPrint option on the iPhone/iPad is located on the of all compatible apps such as Safari, Notes, and Photos.
Just tap the icon and then select the Print option.
Note: In the Mail app, you have to tap on the Reply button and then select Print.
4. Select a printer.
5. Customize the options.
You can set different factors such as the number of copies, page range, Single-sided/Double-sided, B/W or color, etc.
6. Tap on Print in the top-right corner.
How To Print From Iphone To Hp Printer Without Airprint
The best feature of Apple devices is the capacity to print documents directly from the iPhone, by using an AirPrint compatible printer. Not everyone has the AirPrint compatible printer. We can also print without Airprint option. Are you looking for How to Print from iPhone to HP Printer Without Airprint? Here are the instructions that are given below to easily Print from iPhone to HP Printer.
You May Like: Where Can I Find The Wps Pin On My Hp Printer
How To Connect Ipad To Printer Using Printcentral
Steps to follow for connecting iPad to printer using PrintCentral:
1. Follow the manufacturers instructions specific to your printer to connect it to the same network as your iOS device to print wireless
2. Download and install PrintCentral from app store to your iPad
3. Download the free WePrint application to your computer
4. Plug-in the connector cable into your iPad and USB port of your PC
5. Open WePrint and you can see the address of your server
6. Open PrintCentral on iPad
7. Tap on the Files or Documents button
8. Tap the Getting Started Test Print file.txt to display its contents
9. Tap the Print icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and the Print dialog screen will appear
10. Tap the Choose button and enter the server address you found in WePrint, into the dialog that appears. PrintCentral connects and displays all of your printers
11. Tap the printer you want to use. If this is your first print you will see a test section that will enable you to test and find the correct protocol for your printer. Tap the Print button in the Print dialog to print the test document. When you see the results tap on Yes or No
12. When you find it working alright, go back to the Print screen and use the Menu button to open a document in PrintCentral and start printing the desired item by tapping on the Print button
How To Print From An Iphone Or Ipad With A Usb Cable
To print from an iPhone or iPad with a printer that can’t connect wirelessly, you’ll have to use a piece of hardware as the go-between. You’ll need a USB cable and a USB OTG adapter that connects your iPhone to the USB cable.
To print from an iPhone or iPad with a USB cable:
1. Turn on your printer and connect one end of the USB cord to your printer and the other end to the USB OTG cord. Plug the other end of the USB OTG cord into your iPhone or iPad.
2. A pop-up should appear on your iPhone or iPad tap “OK.”
3. Then, on your iPhone or iPad, go to the document you wish to print and tap the Share button.
4. In the Share menu, select the “Print” option.
5. The connected printer should appear next to “Printer” on the Printer Options page.
6. Tap “Print” in the upper-right corner.
You May Like: Why Is My Computer Offline Mac
How Do I Connect My Canon Printer To My Iphone
How To Add A Printer To Ipad Wireless
How to add printer to iPad wireless?
How do I print from my iPad or how do I add a printer to my iPad or iPhone is a frequently asked question by Apple device users. This is because, more and more people are now using their iPad or iPhone to store important documents and gather information from web-pages which they can print to a network printer. I have, therefore, in this post given a step by step guide on how to add printer to iPad to print from iPad without taking help of PC. These steps to connect iPad to printer are also applicable when printing from iPhone.
iPad uses a handy software feature called AirPrint for printing from iPad. AirPrint printer can print any documents or safari pages from your iPad or iPhone with touch of a button. Most new printers come with this software feature built in. Before I go to show how to connect iPad to printer using AirPrint let me first explain what is AirPrint.
Also Check: Lexprint App
The Elaborate Steps To Print From Iphone To Hp Printer Without Airprint
- Go to the App Store in your iPhone or click on the Blue color app with a white A letter on it. Click on search bar which is in the bottom right corner. Then, search for printing apps. The best printing apps are HP All-in-one printer remote and Printer Pro. Tap the Get option on the app you have selected .
- Now, open the installed app and follow the setup instructions. The process varies according to the app you download.
- Open the item you want to print which can be a photo or text. Tap on the Share button on the iPhone screen.
- Now swipe to the left and you will find the options like Copy and Print. Tap the More option button which allows you to choose an app. Click the desired app like Photos and Gallery. Then, click the Done option which is on the top-right corner of the screen. Now open the selected app, follow the instructions on the screen, and then tap the Print option.
- This is How to Print from iPhone to HP Printer Without Airprint. Make sure that you can regularly to avoid print issues.