How Can I Connect My Brother Printer To My Computer With Printer Driver
Before you begin, double-check your wireless router/ access points SSID and password .
- In the Windows 10 Search Box, form Printers and Scanners.
- Select Printers and Scanners from the drop-down menu.
- Select Add a Printer from the drop-down menu.
Note: Allow the scan to complete before selecting the printer and following the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- If your Brother printer does not exist, pick The printer that I want isnt identified.
- Use a USB cable to connect the printer to the computer .
- Press Next after choosing Utilizing an existing port.
- Choose the Manufacturer from the left menu and the model number of your printer from the right menu, then click Next.
- If desired, change the Printer Name and click Next once more.
- To ensure that the Brother Printer is attached to the machine, print a test file.
After this process, your Brother printer will be connected easily.
How to Connect Brother Printer to Computer with Cable?
- Before inserting the USB cable, make sure the printer is switched off.
- Connect the USB cables printer end to the printers USB port on the hand.
- Attach the USB cables other end to the computers USB port.
- Print after youve loaded the paper.
Brother Printer Wifi Setup
Unpack the printer and and printer connect to Wi-Fi and power. It is not yet required to connect it with an interface cable to the computer. If you have already tried to connect the router or it was connected to another network. First of all, reset the printer settings to factory settings. Turn off the printer, then press two buttons on the top panel simultaneously . Turn on the device. It is required to hold the keys for 20 seconds after switching on until the orange and green LEDs. Start blinking simultaneously and rhythmically. Connecting the brother printer setup to laptop to a Wireless Network Using the WPS Button on the Router. Press the button with the antenna on the printer .
On the Wi-Fi router, press the WPS button . After one to two minutes, the printer will be connected to the wireless network. Details on using and configuring the WPS button is described in our materials on configuring routers:
No Drivers Available For My Operating System
Newer operating systems may not support all older printers. For example, Windows 10 may not support a printer that was made years before it was released. If drivers are not listed on a printers’ driver page, your operating system or your versions of Windows does not support that printer. You can try installing an earlier version of operating system drivers, and it may work. However, for full support, consider getting a new printer.
Also Check: How To Use Printer Schematica
Fix Update Brother Printer Drivers Issues In Windows 10
After you upgrade your system to Windows 10, if the Brother Printer drivers are not working, you dont need to panic as fixing them is not an arduous task. There are a number of ways through which you can download and install Brother Printer Drivers in Windows 10 easily and fix Brother Printer Drivers Issues.
Before we go ahead and get acquainted with the ways to download Brother Printer Drivers, let us first explore various other aspects such as
- What Causes Brother Printer Driver Errors
- Common Issues in Brother Printer Driver Windows 10
- Updating brother printer drivers using Driver Update Tool
- Where to Download Brother printer drivers for Windows 10
- Update Brother printer drivers via Device Manager
- Update your printer driver manually
- Update Brother printer drivers in Windows 10 automatically
- How to troubleshoot Brother printer drivers in Windows 10
How To Install And Configure A Printer In Windows 10
If you have an older printer, but experiencing problems installing it on Windows 10, heres a look at how to get it working with new Printer Driver Architecture.
Plug and play for external devices in Windows 10 could not be any easier. If you have an older printer, but you are experiencing problems installing the drivers from the installation disc, bundled with the printer, you probably need a newer driver. My brother recently installed Windows 10 but noticed his printer was not working, so he tried to use the reinstall disc, that did not work either. We checked HPs website that did not have a native driver for download. Instead, the website directed us to use Windows Update. Fortunately, I didnt know how easy it would be. Let me show you how.
Recommended Reading: Windows 10 Make Printer Online
S To Do Brother Printer Setup On Windows 7 & 8
- At the first, you have to open the Control Panel.
- You will see the Hardware And Sound option on the screen, kindly click on that.
- Go to the Devices And Printers and select Add a printer.
- Now, enter the correct Model name.
- Then click on Next.
- In the manufacturer kindly select the Brother.
- Then at the right section on printers, you have to click on the Model Name.
- And then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
My Brother Printer Driver Is Outdated How Do I Update It
You can visit Brother Driver Support Website and Select the printer model from there to install and update your drivers. One more easy way to update the drivers is:
Read Also: How To Bypass Hp Instant Ink Cartridge
How To Setup Wireless Brother Printer On Windows
Adding a wireless printer to your system is even more comfortable. The printers coming with the latest technology can auto-detect the network to get connected. However, make sure they need an internet connection to complete the setup job.
So you need working wi-fi and good internet speed to set up your wireless brother printer on windows system. Do the following:
- Turn on your system and the printer.
- On your printer go to Settings> Setup > Wireless LAN Settings.
- A list of available Wi-Fi network will be displayed.
- Choose your network by clicking on your networks SSID.
- Enter the correct password click finish.
It will take a few seconds to get a confirmation message about your printer being installed in your system. To cross-check go to Devices> Printer & scanners in your system and see if the printer is showing online there.
Connect Via Your Printer
The menu is slightly different per Brother printer, but with most printers you choose the following terms in the menu:
Also Check: Remove Printer Driver
I Cannot Install The Printer Driver Because The Installation Stops After Connecting The Printer To My Computer
First, make sure that you:
- Turned the printer on after connecting it to your computer.
- Connected the printer directly to a USB port on the computer, without using any USB hubs.
If you still cannot complete the printer driver installation, use the Printer Driver Uninstaller to delete the registry information and all files related to the printer driver, before trying to install the printer driver again.
Do the following:
How Do I Connect My Brother Hl L2350dw To Wi
Turn on your Brother HL-L2350DW printer. Use the arrow button key on the printers control panel to select âNetworkâ and press OK. Use the arrow button key on the printers control panel to select âWLANâ and press OK. Use the arrow button key on the printers control panel to select âSetup Wizardâ and press OK.
Recommended Reading: Hp 2540 Offline
Installing A Printer Only Using The Drivers
If you only want the printer to be installed and none of the extra software programs, you can only install the printer driver by following the steps below.
A listing of printer drivers and software is on our page.
If you have installed the printer doing the above steps, these steps should not be necessary unless you encountered errors.
How Do I Connect My Computer To My Brother Printer
Set up the wireless connection manually with the printer driver installed Make sure that the printer driver, Printer Setting Tool, and P-touch Editor are installed on your computer. Turn on the printer. Make sure the printers Wi-Fi LED is flashing. Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable.
Also Check: How Do I Get My Canon Printer Back Online Mac
Brother Printer Installation With Usb Cable
In this method, you need a USB cable which supports your PC and Printer. This cable comes along with Printer, in case you dont have then buy a new one and proceed the following steps-
- Plug in the printer, and switch it on
- Now, insert the USB cable in the USB jack of computer and printer
- On the computer, go to start button and click it
- Now click on devices and printers.
- On the top there is an option, Add a printer
- Now it asks for search, click on search and locate your printer
- Now your printer name will appear and instructions also mentioned for connecting. So follow the adding instruction. After the process, your printer is ready to use.
Solution : Restart Print Spooler On Windows 10
If the above solutions wont work for you then try to restart Print Spooler on Windows 10. Follow the steps to do so:
- On Windows 10 computer> open Services
- Then inside the Services Menu> locate Print Spooler
- Right-click on Print Spooler Service> click Restart
- Lastly, restart the computer and try installing the Brother Printer Drivers on your Windows 10 computer.
It is estimated now cannot install Brother Printer driver Windows 10 error is fixed and your Brother Printer starts working on Windows 10.
Read Also: Printer Offline Macbook Pro
Updating Brother Printer Drivers Through Device Manager
- Press Windows key along with R simultaneously. This action will open the Run box.
- You need to open the Device Manager. For this, you need to type devmgmt.msc in the box and press enter.
- You need to locate and expand Printers or Printer Queues dialog. You need to right-click on your particular Brother Printer and select Update Driver Software
- Hit Search automatically for updated driver software
- At this point, Windows will come into action and will detect the update automatically. You have to follow the instructions mentioned on the screen.
How To Connect Brother Printer To Computer Via Wifi
Follow the quick steps mentioned below and connect your Brother printer with your computer using WiFi connection:
- To pick the following, click the Up or Down arrow key and choose Network.
- Then, select OK. Make sure that the WiFi Direct should be selected.
- Select OK and choose the groups owner. Again click on the OK button.
- When Does WiFi Direct Activate? When the message appears on the phone, acknowledge it by pressing the Down arrow key.
- For a few minutes, the computer will show the SSID name and password.
- To enter the configuration menu, tap the Settings icon or swipe down and tap the Cog icon.
- Tap on the WiFi option and open the Contacts menu list.
- Switch on your Wi-Fi if its switched off.
- Find and tap the Network Name you wrote down earlier.
- Tap the Connect button after entering the Network Key you wrote down earlier.
- If Connected occurs under the Network Name you chose, the wireless link configuration is complete.
- Go to Google Chrome and download Brother iPrint & Scan for your computer then, complete process.
Don’t Miss: How To Print From Iphone To Wireless Printer
Install The Scanner On A Computer
Wireless users – Wireless setup is best accomplished using a micro USB 2.0 or micro USB 3.0 cable to temporarily connect your scanner to your computer and submit the settings from your computer. Once the scanner has been connected to the wireless network, you may disconnect the USB cable. We advise to use this temporary connection to accomplish the wireless setup.
Click here for instructions on how to connect your machine directly to a mobile device.
1. Download the Full Driver and Software package from .
2. Select your language/country and then click Next.
3. Onthe License Agreement, place a check next toI accept this license agreementand then clickNext if you agree to the terms.
4. Complete the following steps based on your connection method:
Local Connection – USB Users
Wireless Network Users
5. Choose Standard and then click Next.
6. Review the available “Additional Software”, and install any desired applications. Once the desired software is installed, click Next.
The available software will vary based on your machine and operating system.
7. Once the installation is complete, you may register your machine, or view User’s Guides.
For full scanning functionality, click the link to download the Brother iPrint& Scan application for Windows.
8. ClickFinishwhen done.
Bonus Tip: Update Your Printer Driver Automatically
If your printer didnt work as it should, its possible that you are using the wrong printer driver. Manually updating drivers requires time, patience and computer skills. If you dont feel like updating the driver manually, you can do it automatically withDriver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You dont need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you dont need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you dont need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps :
1) and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system .
The Pro version of Driver EasyDriver Easys support team.
Hopefully, this article helped! Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions and suggestions.
You May Like: Iphone Add Printer Wifi
Install The Printer Driver For Mac
How Do I Get My Brother Printer To Recognize My Computer
Do the following steps to solve the problem:
You May Like: Get Hp Printer Online
Find The Driver At The Brother Support Solutions Center
Brother has a comprehensive support center website with driver downloads for most of its printers. You’ll need the model number of your printer before you begin. Search the support center, locating the exact model. The site provides instructions specifically for your printer. It will first ask if you need the Windows or Macintosh driver. Select the pertinent option.
The driver usually downloads into your computer’s “Downloads” folder, and you’ll need to open it and move it to the “Printers” folder. Fortunately, setup prompts will keep you moving to the next step just know that the “Printers” folder is in the Control Panel on the hard drive of your system. If the driver doesn’t make it there initially, the printer and computer might have trouble finding each other, even though the drivers are installed. Drag-and-drop it into the right location if needed.
Through the various setup prompts, choose the appropriate operating system. Most people choose the full package setup so they can access all functions and features of the Brother printer, though you can choose a custom setting. Read and agree to the user agreement when prompted to continue through the setup.
How Do I Connect My Brother Printer To My Computer Wirelessly
Set up the wireless connection manually with the printer driver installed
You May Like: How To Print From Galaxy Tablet