Hp Printer Keeps Going Offline Check For Netork Connection Error
You may often face a situation where your HP printer keeps going offline.
- One of the key reasons for the printer showing offline is the issue with its Wifi connectivity.
- Another key reason for the HP printer to be offline is that its IP address is not configured properly in the laptop or the desktop.
Hence an error message pops up saying; Printer is offline. To ensure that the IP address is configured properly, follow the given steps-
- Open HP configuration screen.
- Select the IP address option from the drop down menu
These steps will allow you to eradicate the error that comes due to the wrong IP address.;
In order to avoid the HP;printer from being offline, you need to make sure that all printer drivers are accurately installed & updated. Constant and timely;updating;of system settings and printer drivers eradicates the possible errors that can occur while using the printer.
When a user face printer challenges, Hp printer offline fix can easily achieved by following the troubleshooting steps given in this article. One of the key ways to rectify the issue is by selecting the WiFi printing option from the printer by pressing the Wifi button. Thereafter go to Network setting from the system to see range of available printers. As a user you need to select your printer from the listed printers. Post this step your print tasks can be completed as it will show you HP printer is online.
Install The Latest Printer Driver
Most HP Printers will require the latest driver to work successfully. If your printer is an older model, it may no longer have the latest driver. To download drivers for your printer:
- Go to the
- Select your printer by either entering the name in the search bar and clicking Submit or finding it in the list of printers below.
- Select the driver you wish to install. If there are multiple driver options available, select the driver that is responsible for solutions.
- Once the driver has downloaded, double-click the file to begin the installation.
- Once the driver has been installed, follow the steps above to remove and reinstall your printer.
Change The Windows Function Discovery Services
If your printer uses the Web Services for Devices technology, ensure the Windows Function Discovery services are running correctly on your Windows computer. These services help your computer detect network devices.
If the printer stays offline, disconnect or unplug the printer, restart your PC, and check again.
You May Like: How To Set Up Printer On Ipad
Why Does My Hp Printer Say Its Offline When It Is Not
Your printer might appear offline if it cant communicate with your PC. Your printers built-in menu should show which network its connected to, or check your printers manual for more info. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
Brother Printer Is Offline: How To Get It Back Online
A printer going offline regularly happens because of varying conditions, particularly the WIFI, connectivity and power supply issues. Brother printer offline is no exception as it also has its share of issues.
Printer issues can be due to overload, or perhaps it may be an issue with the driver, or the network may be undergoing some connectivity problems and also loose connection might be the culprit. Trouble can happen anywhere along the line, a system hardware failure cannot also be discounted. The problem is diverse and only a critical assessment can pinpoint the actual cause, so remedial measures can be taken up.
Printers are sensitive devices that easily reacts and send a printer offline message even when there is only a little deviation in the power supply. This is inherent in all printers because a shortfall in power would naturally affect the performance of the device. In some instances a simple reboot of the device is all is needed to turn it back online. However if the offline thing occurred because the user made some changes in the computer, it is a valid issue.
To turn the back on online after a valid issue happened, here are a list of steps to follow to allow the printer to go online:
You May Like: How To Connect Laptop To Hp Printer
Printer Offline 10 Fixes To Get It Back Online In Windows 10
You might get an error that says that your printer is offline in Windows 10. Solve the error with this troubleshooting guide.
Printers are certainly not a new technology, so you’d think they’d be problem-free by now. Sadly, that’s not the case. One issue you might encounter is when your printer says it’s offline in Windows 10.
Any good modern printer has the ability to connect to your computer via Ethernet or Wi-Fi. However, what can you do when you get the dreaded “printer offline” status error? How do you turn your printer back online? Or perhaps it just displays the generic Code 10 error?
We’re going to provide troubleshooting steps to help solve the printer offline error.
How To Get Printer Online
This is really problematic whenever you are trying to print some useful document on your Printer. But your printer says printer is offline message. You will see printer will not print anything and you have no idea why you are not getting any prints out from your printer. Check out this useful article about how to get printer online back from offline status.
There is a number of reason your printer can go offline. In many cases, there might be a connectivity issue while sometimes powered down the printer. In most of the cases, you can get the printer back online by just following a few steps from your windows. But even if you are not able to get back your printer online status, there are few more troubleshooting steps you can use to get your printer online.
You May Like: What Is The Most Economical Printer To Buy
Troubleshoot Printer Spooler Settings
HP printer shows offline message when printer spooler is stopped. To fix this, follow these steps-;
- First of all, open Run dialog box and type Services.mscand Click on OK
- Now from the listed items, locate the option of Print Spooler
- Right click on it and slect Stop option to pause the print spooler services.
- Next click on the address bar from the Windows File Explorer and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and click on OK.
- Now delete all the files from printer folder to clear the printing queue.
- Thereafter, go back to Print Spooler and right click on it and select Start option to resume the spooler service again.
- Lastly, restart your computer and printer and your complain of; ;HP printer Says offline will be gone.
These steps will help the user to bring back the HP printer from offline to online in Windows 10 or in any other operating system.;
Solution 7 Force The Printer Status Online
It is possible for users to manually force their wireless printers to go online. It is a fast and simple way of resolving the offline problem:
Step 1: Find your printer within the Windows device manager.
Step 2: Right-click on the printer, and then choose Remove Device.
Step 3: To re-add the printer, choose Printers and Scanners, and then Add a printer.
Step 4: Windows should scan the computer automatically and install your printer. Once this is done, the icon for the printer should appear, verifying that the computer recognizes it.
You May Like: How To Print Pictures On Hp Printer
How To Switch A Printer From Offline To Online In Windows 7
Our guide continues below with additional information on how to switch a printer from offline to online, including pictures for these steps.
If youre lucky, then this should work and your queued documents will start printing. However, sometimes this isnt enough and you need to do some more troubleshooting. We discuss those additional troubleshooting steps further in this article.
Remove And Reinstall The Printer
If all else fails, you can remove the printer from your computer and then add it back.
To do this, press Windows key + I to open Settings. Go to Devices > Printers & scanners. Select your printer, click Remove device, then click Yes.
Next, click Add a printer or scanner. Follow the wizard through to connect the printer back to your computer.
Read Also: What Hp Printer Uses 564 Ink
Causes Of A Printer Being Offline
There are several reasons why your printer might be offline. There might be a problem with the printer cables, or perhaps a is corrupted, needs an update, or isn’t installed. Some printer settings might be incorrect, or an open or incomplete print job is causing an error.
Whatever the reason, restoring your printer to online status is usually a quick and easy job.
Change The Printer Status
Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode.
- Select Start; > Settings; > Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Then select your printer > Open queue > Choose Use Printer Offline
- It will display a message saying, This action will change the printer from offline to online.
- Confirm, and the status of the printer will be set to online.
- From the See whats printing menu mentioned previously, right-click and Cancel any print jobs present.
- Once the print jobs are removed, select Use Printer Online again.
If these steps dont put your printer back online, then read troubleshooting offline printer problems.
Read Also: How To Setup My Canon Printer To My Phone
Clear The Print Queue
If there are a lot of corrupt print requests in the Print Queue of your PC, you might face this error on your PC. Follow the steps listed below to clear the print queue.
Step 1- Launch Control Panel on your Windows PC.
Step 2- Here, search for the Devices and Printers;option and click on it.
Step 3- In the Devices and Printers window, right-click on the printer whose queue you wish to clear and select See whats printing;from the drop-down box.
Step 4- You will get a list of all the print requests in a queue. Right-click on each and every print request and select Cancel from the drop-down box.
Also, uncheck the checkbox for Use Printer Offline if it is checked on this window. Then, check if your printer turns online.
Disable Printer Offline Mode In Windows
Moving on, you also need to verify that the printer isnt in Use Printer Offline mode.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Your Hp Printer To Your Computer
How Do I Get My Printer Online Mac Printer Not Responding
It might happen that when you try to print something from your MAC OS displays a message that printer not responding. This;not responding error means it is offline.
This error is the message mostly seen when your device is switched off or when there is no proper connection.
Following these methods can help you in getting back the connection.
Make Printer Online In Windows 10
In most day to day scenarios, mostly go offline due to paper jams, going out of paper and minor network connectivity issues.
In such cases, clearing the paper jam, filling the paper tray and restarting the printer should help fix the problem.
However, sometimes the problem does not go away and you will be required to make the printer online manually on your Windows Computer.
If this is the case you are dealing with, you will find below the steps to make a Printer Online in Windows 10.
You May Like: How To Connect Canon Mg2522 Printer To Wifi
Remove And Add The Printer
If the above-mentioned methods do not work, the best way will be to remove the printer from the system and add it again. It is a simple process that may also include . Follow the steps for the further process.
- Disconnect the printer from your computer
- Go to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer you want to remove > Click on Remove device
- Plug the printer back, and Windows should add it back again and install the needed drivers again.
- The reinstallation will restore the Printer to online status.
If this doesnt work, add the printer again by selecting the Add a Printer option from Printers and Scanners.
Recent Upgrades For Your Computer
In case youve recently upgraded your computer, the driverswhich is, what empowers systems and programs to operate smoothlymay not have caught up into the newest updates yet.
Alternately, theres always a possibility that a computer which needs an upgrade might not connect with a wireless printer before it receives this upgrade.
You may figure out if your computer requires an upgrade by typing the termupgrade from the search bar and clicking on the highlighted option, as shown below.
You always need to ensure your computer is operating on the latest upgrade so as to maximize its functionality.
Recommended Reading: How To Fax With Brother Printer
Set The Printer As Default
Windows can automatically set the last printer you used as your default printer. This can be helpful, but it might be the reason why the printer you want to use is offline.
To resolve this, press Windows key + I to open Settings, click Devices > Printers & scanners, select your printer, and click Open queue.
Click Printer on the top toolbar and click Set As Default Printer. You might see a message that reads: “Setting this printer as default means that Windows will stop managing your default printer.” If you do, click OK.
If you ever want to enable this feature again, return to the Printers & scanners page and tick Allow Windows to manage my default printer.
Remove And Reinstall Printer
Removing and reinstalling your printer on your device will allow the connection between your computer and printer to once again start from scratch.
To remove and reinstall a printer with Windows:
- In the window that appears, select Devices and Printers .
- Right-click on your HP printer and select Remove device.
- To reinstall the printer, click Add a Printer on the Devices and Printers window and follow the prompts.
To manually set your printer as the default printer with MacOS:
- In the Apple menu, click System Preferences and select Print & Scan.
- Right-click anywhere in the Print & Scan window and select Reset Printing System. This will clear any errors, print jobs, and printer preferences from your computer.
- Once the reset is complete, select Add Printer or Scanner and select your printer. Follow the subsequent prompts to reinstall your printer.
Read Also: How Do You Make Your Printer Online
Remove And Reinstall Your Printer
Another way you can fix an offline printer is to remove the printer from your PC or laptop and reinstall it. To remove your printer, simply open the devices and printers in your computers control panel. Right click the model youd like to remove and select remove.
You now need to reinstall your printer to your computer. This usually involves simply connecting your printer to your computer with a USB, and turn it on. However, if youre reinstalling a wireless printer, you should first make sure your printer is turned on. Open up your computer settings, click change PC settings, open PC and devices then select devices.
Following these steps should allow you fix any offline printer. If you have any other issues with offline printing, either get in touch with the manufacturer of your printer, or speak to one of our in-house experts.
How To Get Hp Envy Printer Offline To Online
Pinters status is offline even after several resets? Dont worry, heres how you can resolve the matter:
- First way is to go to Printers by clicking on Settings of your computer. Then right click on the printer you are using and select the option- Use Printer Online.
- Sometimes a stuck print job can result in this error. To resolve it, go to Printer Menu and select Cancel All Documents to clear off all the print jobs. After this step your printer should come online.
- Power cycle is also a way to resolve the error. You can do it by turning it off and then on.
- Check all the USB cables, ports and cords between the router, computer and the printer.
- Make sure you are using the latest printer drivers. To do so uninstall the current driver and then download and install a latest version from an authentic online source. Make sure you download the right version as per your printer model.
The scope of Services:
Feel free to contact our team of experts at:
- for a customized service on your issues.
- Live-chat with us for technical support.
Recommended Reading: How Do I Connect My Ipad To My Hp Printer
Use The Printer Software
Some printer manufacturers have their own software to help you manage and troubleshoot your printer. If this is the case, you should install the software .
You can check if you already have it installed. Press Windows key + I to open Settings. Click Devices > Printers & scanners, select your printer, and click Manage. You will see a button that says Open printer app if the software is installed.
Open the software and check for any section that lets you restart, troubleshoot, or fix the printer.