How To Change The Printer From Offline To Online Status
These instructions will address several issues. If your problem is resolved, dont feel you have to continue through all the steps. Its best to do them in this order, however, because the simplest fixes are listed first and require the least effort and tech knowledge.
Option 1 – Run HP Print and Scan Doctor
Did these instructions help you? Youll know it worked if your printer status changed from offline to online. If not, continue to the next section.
Option 2 – Set the default printer
For Windows 10 users
For Windows 8 users
Now try printing again. If your device still displays an offline status, move on to the next section.
Solution : Delete Printing Commands
Step 1: Press on the Apple icon from the top.
Step 2: Find System preferences and click on it.
Step 3: Tap on the Printer and Scanner option.
Step 4: From the left, select the printer.
Step 5: Click on the Open print queue.
Step 6: Select the print job.
Step 7: Click on the X icon to cancel the printing command.
Step 8: Now try to give new printing commands.
Manually Set The Printer Online
- Click on the start button on the left corner at the bottom of your device. Choose the option Control Panel and after this, Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer in question and after this, select the option See whats printing.
- A window will get open and choose the Printer option from the top menu bar.
- A drop-down menu appears. Select the option choose printer online
Don’t Miss: How Do I Connect My Cell Phone To My Printer
Solution : Disable The Pause Printer Option
Step 1: Click on the Start button from the bottom of the screen.
Step 2: Search for control panel.
Step 3: From the Control Panel click on the Devices and Printers icon.
Step 4: Under Drivers and printers, a list of printers is displayed.
Step 5: Right-click on the Hp printer and tap on the See whats printing menu.
Step 6: Click on the Printers tab from the top.
Step 7: At the end click on the Pause Printing option.
S To Fix Hp Envy Printer Offline Issue
Following are the below procedure you should keep an eye on each and every step and do the same at your home:
Recommended Reading: Hp Scan Settings
Why Does The Hp Printer Say Offline
When your HP C7200, HP PhotoSmart C4700, or HP 5200 Printer shows its status as offline, it means that the device is facing communication issues. Thus, it may be unable to receive print jobs. When the status of your HP DeskJet Printer says offline, new commands for printing cannot be given or processed. You can either pause the commands you have given or completely stop them. After the issue has been resolved, you can use the functions of your device as usual.
How Do I Get My Hp Envy Printer Back Online
These are the steps via which you will be able to change the offline status to online status. Also, you can opt for the help from the experts if any issues take place.
Also Check: How To Find Printer Windows 10
Troubleshoot Printer Spooler Settings
HP printer shows offline message when printer spooler is stopped. To fix this, follow these steps-
- First of all, open Run dialog box and type Services.mscand Click on OK
- Now from the listed items, locate the option of Print Spooler
- Right click on it and slect Stop option to pause the print spooler services.
- Next click on the address bar from the Windows File Explorer and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and click on OK.
- Now delete all the files from printer folder to clear the printing queue.
- Thereafter, go back to Print Spooler and right click on it and select Start option to resume the spooler service again.
- Lastly, restart your computer and printer and your complain of HP printer Says offline will be gone.
These steps will help the user to bring back the HP printer from offline to online in Windows 10 or in any other operating system.
Uninstall Hp Driver And Software
Sometimes the software installation process might be incomplete or incorrect. If you have a USB connection between your printer and computer, then disconnect the USB cable from the printer. Search for Programs and Features in Windows and select Programs and Features from the result. Choose your HP Printer from the list of installed programs and select Uninstall to rectify HP Envy 4500 Printer Not found. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software and Restart your computer device.
You May Like: Bypass Empty Ink Cartridge Hp Printer
Getting Your Printer Online Quickly
For anyone asking, why is my HP printer offline? know that you are not alone. Almost every printer owner will experience this issue at least once. It can be more common for those who have a wirelessly connected printer or an older printer, or those who havent updated their operating system or printer drivers in some time.
Each time you run into this issue, work through the steps mentioned above until you reach a resolution. Youll hopefully get back to printing in no time without the headaches or costs of printer repairs.
How Do I Fix The Issue Of Hp Printer Offline On Mac
You can learn how to change the offline status of the HP printer on Mac by resetting the device and reinstalling it. Along with that, you can make use of the HP Smart Diagnose & Fix feature. In case the issue arises even then, you can remove your printer and add it one more time.
Additional information with respect to these fixes can be found as follows:
Fix :1 Reset and Reinstall to Fix HP Printer Offline on Mac
If you are using your HP printer on your Mac computer and the offline error is seen, you can reset your printing device. Followed by this, you can reinstall your HP printer on your Apple computer. To do so, you can open the Menu on your system and opt for System Preferences. Here, you can first visit Hardware and then click on Print & Scan. Gradually, you can move to the option of Reset Printing System. After resetting your HP printer, it has to be installed again on your Mac.
For additional guidance, you can perform these steps to resolve the offline error on your HP printer.
Step 1 Go to the menu of your Mac device and then select the option of System Preferences.
Step 2 Open Print & Scan in the Hardware section.
Step 3 Now press Control and simultaneously click on the printer list.
Step 4 Now click the Reset Printing System from the pop-up menu.
Step 5 Connect your printer to the network via a USB or Ethernet cable. For direct connections, connect a USB cable directly from your printer to your computer.
Step 8 Open Print & Scan.
Also Check: Printer Is Turned On But Says Offline
Final Way To Fix Hp Envy Printer Offline Issue
If none of the above steps are helpful for you in the HP Envy offline issue, then try to simply make a cold conversation with our expert technicians. They are skilled and have immense experience in the technical field. You will get united with them only when you put a call on our provided HP Printer Offline helpline number. After doing so, you will definitely proffer a handy remedy with 100% satisfaction.
How Do I Fix My Hp Envy 5540 Offline Issues
The offline hp envy 5540 printer remains when the device is unable to communicate with the computer. It is then necessary to make sure that the device is turned on and connected to the same WiFi as the computer. This is the first thing to do if the .
A wireless printer is one of the best things that have been made in recent years. There is no longer any need to connect the device with a cable to your computer or place the printer-offline-way near it. However, this solution is not free from problems. The hp envy 5540 printer offline, making it unusable. The most common reason for this is a blockage of the printer spooler service, a reset to the offline option, or problems with the WiFi connection.
Read Also: How To Scan A Picture On Hp Printer
Why Is My Hp Envy 6000 Printer Offline
HP Envy 6000 printer saying offline reset the printer manual by following the below-given steps-
- First, switch off the printer for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Then, disconnect the power cord connected with the printer.
- To switch on the printer and connect the power cord to the printer.
- If your printer gets connected to a wifi network, then restart the wifi router.
- Switch on your computer connected with the printer.
- Print a page or document to check the online status of the printer
Make Sure ‘use Printer Offline’ Mode Is Not Selected
HP wireless printer goes offline if Use printer in offline mode is selected. Therefore a user must ensure that this option is not selected. The navigation for rectifying this setting is as follow-
- Select the start menu- click on settings
- Now from the listed printers, select and right click on your HP printer.
- Thereafter from the menu, uncheck the option of Use Printer Offline. Now your Hp printer will come back in online mode.
Also Check: How Do I Connect My Iphone To My Printer
Check Your Wire Connection When Hp Printer Goes Offline
In some cases, HP printer keeps going offline on windows 10 due to improper connection. To fix this follow the given steps-
- Check if USB cables both end are properly connect to printer and computer. If you have wireless connection make sure the printer and router connectivity is compatible.
- Also make sure that the power cable intact without any cuts and is connected properly between printer and power socket.
Hp Printer Keeps Going Offline Check For Netork Connection Error
You may often face a situation where your HP printer keeps going offline.
- One of the key reasons for the printer showing offline is the issue with its Wifi connectivity.
- Another key reason for the HP printer to be offline is that its IP address is not configured properly in the laptop or the desktop.
Hence an error message pops up saying Printer is offline. To ensure that the IP address is configured properly, follow the given steps-
- Open HP configuration screen.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect My Canon Printer To My Iphone
Why A Wireless Printer Is Offline
Is your wireless printer showing offline status? Dont you know about the way to change from offline to online? It happens due to communicate hurdles that means your printer is unable to communicate with your computer system. Apart from that, there can be numerous numbers of known and unknown reasons for such problems. Also, you should also check and download the update for your printer drivers if available on the official website. Moreover, if you are still facing the problems, you should approach the geeks and ask for help at anytime.
Solution : Hp Print And Scan Doctor
Step 1: Download and install the Hp print and scan Doctor application.
Step 2: Run the file.
Step 3: Launch the Hp print and scan Doctor application and click on the Start icon.
Step 4: Select the hp printer model from the list.
Step 5: At last, click on the Fix printing link to begin the repairing action.
Step 6: After the process is over hp envy 4520 printer offline issue will be resolved.
NOTE: If youre looking for a way hp envy photo 7858 troubleshooting to get back online, just click and follow the steps to get back online.
You May Like: Ink Cartridge Resetter Hp
Try Printing From Another Device
You may also want to try printing from a different device, such as a laptop or mobile phone. While you may assume that offline issues are due to printer errors, a flawed connection can be device-specific. Try connecting to another computer and see if your issues clear up. If its possible to print from another device, you know that the problem is most likely not the printer.
Reset The Print System
Resetting the print system can clear any error states by removing all HP and non-HP printers, pending print jobs, and printer preferences.
Resetting the print system removes all printers. After you reset the print system, re-add your printers to the queue.
Right-click or control+click anywhere in the Printers list, and then click Reset printing system.
Type the administrator name and password, and then click OK to complete the reset.
Once the reset is complete, re-add your printer. Click the Plus sign, select your printer in the list, and then click Add.
Also Check: How To Pull Up Printer Queue
Why Is My Hp Printer Saying Its Offline
Do you want to be aware of the reason why your HP Printer is keep displaying offline status? If you dont know the exact way to do so, you should quickly check the connection. Here, you need to check the USB cable and replace it if you find it damaged. On the other hand, you also need to also make sure the network is stable. In addition to this, you are also advisable to try updating the printer drivers if available. Moreover, you should also approach the right source to fetch the technical assistance if any hurdle takes place.
Hp Envy 4500 Print And Scan Doctor
You can also get a special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor if you are using Windows 10 or 8 to resolve HP Envy 4500 Printer is Offline issue. Then, Download HP Print and Scan Doctor from the HP official website. Run HP Print and Scan Doctor .exe file. Now, Open HP Print and Scan Doctor and select your printer device. If your printer device is not in the list, try to restart your printer device and choose retry. Then, Select Fix Printing and if the problem still persist, continue with the next step.
Recommended Reading: How To Reset Hp 61 Ink Cartridge
One Smart Way To Get The Printer Back Online From Offline
- To get your printer online, go to the settings and after that select Printers. Right-click the Printer option and click on Use Printer Online.
- Check if there are some print jobs. If yes, then remove them. Double click on the printer you want to select.
- Select the Printer Menu and click on the Cancel all documents option.
- If there were any print jobs or , it may have caused the error and made the printer go offline. In this case, try printing again to make the printer come online again. Print a page as the test to check that there are no errors now.
- Find the printer and switch that to Printer Off and then, again turn it on again.
- Check and make sure there should be no print jams.
- Again, check the network connectivity and also wireless connections. Make sure every connection should be properly working. Reboot your computer or device.
- In case, if it does not work, you will need to do the re-installation of drivers.
What Is The Fix For Hp Printer Keeps Going Offline Windows 7/8 Issue
For the problem of the HP network printer offline on Windows 7 and Windows 8, we advise you to check whether the device has been chosen as the default one for printing your documents. In case it has not been chosen as the default printing device, you may find its status to be offline.
For performing this fix on these Windows versions, you can go through the following subsection.
Fix 1: Set Your Printer as Default on Windows 7 and Windows 8
It should be thought that when your HP printer says offline on Windows 8 and Windows 7, the device may not have been set to default. Thus, you may be unable to use it offline. The fix for this will be to set your device as the default one on Windows 7 and 8. To do so, you can move to Devices and Printers and find your printing device. You can right-tap on it and pick the option for setting it to default.
- Go to Devices and Printers on your Windows 8/7 PC.
- Find the HP printer which seems to be active.
- Right-click on the active device and opt for Set as Default Printer.
- Now, start a print job.
- If your printer is able to print, then the HP printer offline error will have been eradicated.
Also Check: Add Wifi Printer To Iphone