Fix Dell Printer Offline Problem:
Dell Printer offline is the most common error that is faced by users. This error can take a toll on work productivity and stop you from printing important documents. The Dell printer offline problem can occur all of a sudden leaving you in the middle of unfinished printing work.
So the question is, how to fix Dell Printer offline problem without any external support? It is not a very difficult task and can be done easily in a few steps by changing the Printer Settings or the IP address of the Printer.
Common Brother Printer Issues And Queries
Like other printers, Brother Printers also comes with technical issues and users have a variety of issues. Heres a list:
- What is the reason my Brother Printer is wont connect with my PC?
- Brother Printer cannot connect to a computer
- The computer is not connecting to Brother Printer
- Inability to link Brother Printer to the computer with USB
- Brother Printer Scanner does not connect to the computer
- Brother Scanner Printer is not connected to the computer
- It is not possible for connection between Mac with the Brother Printer
- Brother WiFi Printer does not connect to the computer
- Its impossible to join Windows or Brother Computer
- Brother Printer offline, not connecting to computer
- What is the reason my printer isnt connected to my PC
The Possible Solutions To These Problems Are Hereunder:
- Changing the printer setting.
- Restarting the printer spooler service.
- Change printer properties.
- Reinstallation of your printer drivers.
- Installation of the latest updates.
- Choose to add an alternative printer driver device.
- Check whether you are using a VPN connection or not.
If you are searching for the relative details of the above-mentioned issues then you will find all the results regarding offline issues of the HP wireless printers then you may visit our site where you will find blogs on various errors as well as you can also call us on our HP printer customer support phone number which is a toll-free number and you can get connected to us anytime as well as from anywhere.
Also Read :
You May Like: How To Scan Multiple Pages On Hp Printer
Why Is My Hp Printer Offline Windows 10
There could be multiple reasons why you are having HP . The following are the main causes why your printer keeps on going in an offline mode:
- There could be an issue with the power or cabling
- Possible network issues are yet another cause of printer offline problem
- Whereas, if there is an issue related to the HP Printer driver, then also you will face this issue
- Apart from this, there could be some faults in the Windows settings
- If there is an issue in the hardware of the printer, this problem is sure to trouble you
Check If Youre Using A Vpn Connection
The Printer Offline message can appear if youre using a network printer and VPN. To fix this problem, its advised to disconnect from the VPN and try to access your printer again.
If you want to use VPN and your printer, you need to connect the printer directly to your PC using the USB cable.
Alternatively, you might be able to fix the problem by adjusting your VPN configuration and granting yourself local network access.
Switching to another VPN solution can also fix this problem and Private Internet Access is the best you can get. It will secure your data before it gets accessed and it doesnt interfere with your printer.
And while its installed and running, it will protect your PC by hiding your IP address and blocking all unwanted remote access to your computer.
Also Check: How To Scan From A Canon Printer
Troubleshoot Printer Spooler Settings
HP printer shows offline message when printer spooler is stopped. To fix this, follow these steps-
- First of all, open Run dialog box and type Services.mscand Click on OK
- Now from the listed items, locate the option of Print Spooler
- Right click on it and slect Stop option to pause the print spooler services.
- Next click on the address bar from the Windows File Explorer and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and click on OK.
- Now delete all the files from printer folder to clear the printing queue.
- Thereafter, go back to Print Spooler and right click on it and select Start option to resume the spooler service again.
- Lastly, restart your computer and printer and your complain of HP printer Says offline will be gone.
These steps will help the user to bring back the HP printer from offline to online in Windows 10 or in any other operating system.
Method : Check Your Printer Is Not In Offline Mode
In this solution, you have to verify that your printer is not in offline mode sometimes by default your printer goes into Offline mode.
Follow the below steps to check the printer is in offline mode or not:
- First, click on the Start button.
- Then, click on the Settings option
- Click on the Devices
- Next, click on the Printers & scanners
- Then select your printer
- Open the queue which you will get under the Printer,
- Now, check Use Printer Offline is not enabled.
Recommended Reading: How To Install Network Printer
Uninstall And Reinstall Printer Driver
This method is similar to the last one. But instead of updating the driver, you uninstall it. Then reinstall it.
Here are the steps:
- Use the steps in Method 3 to get to Device Manager. When you get to the point you right-click your printer driver select Uninstall device.
- At the Uninstall device prompt, check Delete the driver software for this device. Then click Uninstall.
- When the uninstall completes successfully, disconnect the printer from your computer. Then restart your computer.
- When your computer boots, download the latest printer driver from the printer manufacturers website. Then reinstall the driver.
If the printer re-installation prompts to restart the computer, restart it. Then check your printer status. It should now be online. If in the rare instance that you still have printer offline, try the last method below.
Reset The System For Printing System
Restarting the printing system removes all error-related statuses, removing each printed job and printer and preferences for printers.
If none of the above steps are able to resolve the offline printer error it is possible that you require more advanced troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue. This is the right time to call us to get expert assistance.
Read Also: How To Find Printer On Ipad
Why My Printer Keeps Going Offline
Many times, the printer users face problems due to unwanted printer errors. One of the most likely to happen error and why does my printer say offline which stops you from completing your printing tasks is Printer showing offline. Before knowing the fact that your printer is offline & how to fix it, you must know about the reasons for which your hp printer is offline. There could be several factors responsible for printer offline error. Might be the reason of any technical problems that might require tech assistance & expertise for the wireless printer offline or it can happen due to errors in connection, poor configurations, faulty drivers for the printer. Some of the most common issues with the printers are given as below:
1. Faulty Driver Issue:
- Reason behind the Why My Printer Says Offline? might be the printer drivers.
- The driver that you have installed in printer may not be the right one & thus, can not work properly according to your expectations.
2. Poor USB Connection:
- If you are using wired printer then first you need to check whether your printer is connected properly with the USB cable
- Check whether the USB cable is faulty or not and then start the process of with just a call to us.
3. Internet Problem:
- Printer itself has a simple menu where you can access the available WI-FI network.
- Connect your printer to the correct network.
- Check internet connection & ensure that the Wi-Fi network is working properly.
Apparent Reasons Behind Epson Printer Says Offline Error
There are multiple reasons behind this Epson printer offline error. However, we have discussed some of the most prominent ones. Now, take a glance below:
- There can be an issue with the connectivity and network.
- Sometimes, this problem can occur due to the printer set up related problems. In most cases, users have reported that due to the wrong setting they encounter Epson printer says offline.
- At times, the outdated printer driver can also be responsible for this issue.
- The problem can be with the spooler service.
These are the most prominent reasons that can cause Epson printer says offline windows 10. Apart from these reasons, there are some other reasons too. In that case, you need to resolve each and every reason that can cause this error.
You May Like: What To Make With 3d Printer
Solution #: Try Updating Your Windows System
Another way to solve the printer offline error in Windows 10 is by installing all the necessary updates available for Windows. Most of the time Windows 10 efficiently downloads the updates automatically as and when they are available, but there are times when a user may have skipped it. So, it is better to check manually. This is how you can do it:
- Step 1: To begin with, simultaneously press Windows + I key to open the Settings app.
- Step 2: Next, as the Settings app open you need to move to the option Update & Security.
- Step 3: Then, click on Check for Updates.
If there are updates available for your device then the Windows will commence the downloading and once, they are installed you can go ahead and check if the printer offline issue has been resolved.
Solution : Resolve Hp Printer Offline Issue With Hp Print & Scan Doctor
Applications like HP Print and Scan doctor helps in analyzing whats causing the printer to go in offline mode. Follow the steps given below to understand how to use these applications to fix the scenario when the HP printer says offline.
If your desired printer doesnt come up on the screen, restart it and try again.
Hope this procedure will help you to fix the issue. Else, move to the next possible solution.
You May Like: How To Connect Epson Printer To Computer
Check Your Wire Connection When Hp Printer Goes Offline
In some cases, HP printer keeps going offline on windows 10 due to improper connection. To fix this follow the given steps-
- Check if USB cables both end are properly connect to printer and computer. If you have wireless connection make sure the printer and router connectivity is compatible.
- Also make sure that the power cable intact without any cuts and is connected properly between printer and power socket.
The Printer Is Offline On Windows :
The users who owned the Windows 10 device can use the following troubleshooting steps to fix the MY Printer is Offline Windows 10.
- Check Connection:
If you are using a network printer and trying to connect via wi-fi then, check if the computer and printer are using the same wireless network. The traditional printer users should check if all the cables are properly connected or not.
- Manually set the Printer Online :
Users can use the given steps to manually set printers online on Windows 10 via Settings.
Alternatively, users can manually make the printer Online via Device Manager using the steps given below.
6. Go to the printer tab and remove the checkmark before the option Use Printer Offline.
- Run the Windows Printer Troubleshooter:
Users can run the built-in Printer troubleshoot of Windows 10. Users can refer to the steps given here to run Windows Built-in troubleshoot.
- Restart the Printer Spooler Services:
You May Like: How To Check Printer Ink Levels Windows 10
Check Connections To The Printer:
If the problem persists even after restarting the printer then look out for the connection problem that might exist. Printer Offline error message also pops when your computer and printer cant communicate with each other.
If the printer with which you are facing the problem is connected via USB cable then make sure that the cable is properly connected to the printer. Also closely observe that the connecting cable is not damaged. You can also try using another new cable.
If you are using a wireless printer then make sure that your PC and printer are both on the same network.
Reset The Print System
Resetting the print system can clear any error states by removing all HP and non-HP printers, pending print jobs, and printer preferences.
Resetting the print system removes all printers. After you reset the print system, re-add your printers to the queue.
Right-click or control+click anywhere in the Printers list, and then click Reset printing system.
Type the administrator name and password, and then click OK to complete the reset.
Once the reset is complete, re-add your printer. Click the Plus sign, select your printer in the list, and then click Add.
Recommended Reading: How To Add A Network Printer
Updating Printer’s Ip Address
A network printer frequently changes its IP address due to security reasons. In most of the cases the default IP address in your system is automatically updated with the new one, yet it is recommended to check your printer configuration to strike out this cause.
If you are using Windows operating system, select Printer properties after clicking on the desired printer from the list. Click on the Ports tab and select Configure port. This will show you the current IP address of your printer. Make sure that the IP address of the printer is correctly added, if not, you can edit and add the correct address of your printer.
For Mac users, select System Preferences by clicking on the Apple icon menu. Choose the option Printers & Scanners and then click on Options & Supplies
How To Fix Printer Offline Issue On Windows 10
Printer Offline error is one of the most common errors related to printers reported by Windows 10 users. This error generally arises when your Printer is unable to communicate with your computer. And to resolve this problem all you have to do is turn on your printer. But if the printer is switched on and connected properly and you still get Printer Offline error then this article will help you in resolving this problem.
You May Like: What Is The Network Security Key For My Printer
Solution : By Restarting The Print Spooler Service
Restarting the print Spooler service might also sometimes resolve the offline issue with HP printer. Print spooler service is used at the time of printing. You can restart this service by using the following procedure
Enable Print Offline Option
Printers can remember print jobs for a short amount of time but a print job does not include the entire document or file that needs to be printed. A printer has no place to store this information which is why it needs to remain connected to a computer so that it can access the file it has to print.
In order to print, the printer must be in offline mode.
Also Check: How To Add A Printer To A Chromebook
Basic Checks For An Offline Printer
Before we dive into fixes for an offline printer, you should run through the following basic checks.
- Print a test page on your printer. You can do this directly from a printer by pressing or holding down a button. Consult your printers manual to see how you can print a test page.
- Make sure all slots on the printer are closed and it is in its ready state.
- Make sure no light on the printer is blinking and the printer isnt displaying an error message on any display panel that it has .
- Make sure the printer is loaded with paper and there is no paper jam. The smallest bit of paper can cause the printer to not work.
- Make sure the printer is connected securely to the computer. Change the data cable out for a new one and check if the printer comes online.
- If youre using an older printer, connect it to the USB hub port and not a USB 3.0 port. Check out how you can use a legacy printer on a new system.