The Printer Does Not Turn On Or Stay On
When the Pause light does not come on and mechanism initialization does not start even when the Power button is pressed to turn on the printer, try the following solutions for the problem.
- Turn off the printer and make sure the power cord is securely plugged into the printer.
- Make sure your outlet works and is not controlled by a wall switch or timer.
- Make sure the supplied voltage to the printer matches the rating voltage labeled on the printer. If not, turn off the printer and unplug the power cord immediately. Contact your dealer for assistance. See .
|If the supplied voltage and rating voltage do not match, do not plug the printer back in again, as damage may occur.|
Check Any Damage On Your Printers Toner Cartridge
We recommend contacting your printer provider. The problem may not be just because of the cartridge.
Solution : Calibrate The Hp Printer
Users have reported that HP printers wont print black if it has not been calibrated. To calibrate the HP printer you will have to use the Align Printhead option that most HP printers have on the Printer Maintenance menu or the Tools control panel menu.
Select the Align Printhead option to calibrate the printer. If you have any more doubts about how to calibrate, then read the printers manual as it will contain a detailed explanation for this also.
Also Check: Where To Buy Canon Printer Ink
Solution : Update Hp Printer Driver
If above two methods dont work for you; or if you dont have the patience, time, or computer skills, to update/fix manually it is possible to do it automatically with Driver Support.
Automatically update HP Print Drivers;
Driver Support will scan your computer to detect any problem drivers on your computer. You dont need to know what operating system your computer is running. It is possible to update the HP Drivers automatically with the; Premium version of Driver Support. If you want to do this manually see our guide here How To: HP Printer Driver Solutions for Windows
1. and Install Driver Support FREE TRIAL
2. Let the software run the free scan for you to detect all your driver problems and any other optimization opportunities
3. Click the FIX IT button and register Driver Support to get started updating your drivers for printing devices on your computer
4. Once Registered and in Premium mode the software will walk you through the entire process, plus with your registration, you will receive unlimited tech support with our Driver Support Signature Service! Just call us toll-free after registration.
The Printed Text Is Low Quality
The print quality of text can differ greatly between printers. Generally speaking, inkjets produce a quality suitable for everyday printing while lasers produce more professional looking documents. If youve noticed that the quality of your text has been gradually going downhill, there are a few things you can do to solve it.
Check your print settings are correct; this applies to both inkjet and laser. Switch off draft mode and make sure the paper type on screen is the same as the type you are using.
For laser printers, sometimes the toner can settle. Simply take the cartridge out and shake it from side to side and then replace it.
For inkjet printers, you can try cleaning the nozzle and aligning the print head which can be accessed from the printers maintenance menu.
Read Also: How To Setup Fax On Printer
Blurry Or Smeared Printout
Try one or more of these solutions:
- For Windows, check the Media Type setting in the Main menu. Make sure it is correct for the paper you are using. See .
For Mac OS X, check the Media Type setting in the Print Settings selected in the Print dialog. Make sure it is correct for the paper you are using. See .
- If the paper you are using is not supported by the printer driver, make the paper thickness setting in the SelecType mode. See .
- Make sure your paper is dry and the printable side is face-up. Also, make sure you are using the correct type of paper. See for specifications.
- Ink may have leaked inside the printer; wipe the inside of the printer with a soft, clean cloth.
- Run the Head Cleaning utility. For Windows, see . For Mac OS X, see.
You can also clean the print head nozzles using the control panel. To clean the print head nozzles, press the Menu button for 3 seconds.
Check Other Browsers And Printers
You can see whether your problem is with Firefox, your printer or the website you’re visiting:
- Check to see whether the page prints correctly in another browser .
If the page prints incorrectly in another browser also, then:
- there might be a problem with your printer.If you have another printer, try printing the page with that printer. If the second printer prints the page properly, update your printer driver from your printer manufacturer’s website.
- there might be a problem with the page.Contact the website administrator.
If the page prints correctly in another browser, follow the instructions below:
Don’t Miss: How To Add Wireless Printer To Mac
Fiddle With The Ink Cartridges
If your printer tells you it’s out of ink, but you;know;it isn’t, there are a few things you can do. First, the print head may be clogged or dirty, and you can clean it out through your printer’s built-in cleaning routine .
Alternatively, if your printer’s heads lie on the;ink cartridges;themselvesthe little copper strip where the ink comes outyou can blot it with a wet paper towel to clean it up. Once ink starts to flow more freely onto the towel, give it a quick dab with a dry paper towel before re-inserting the cartridge.
If you have a;laser printer, you may be able to get a bit more toner out of the cartridge by shaking it from side to side, then re-inserting it.
It’s also possible your printer just doesn’t realize you put in new ink cartridges. If it doesn’t detect new ink automatically, there may be a setting on the printer that allows you to “reset” the fill levels. Check your printer’s manual to see how on your specific model.
Remember that certain third-party cartridges may cause problems, too, so try genuine cartridges from the printer manufacturer to see if they work better.
How To Add A Printer In Windows 10
If you are trying to connect to a new printer on Windows 10 and plan to print over Wi-Fi, you may be able to print right away without downloading the printer software.; Windows 10 is compatible with most new printers right out of the gate.; To add a new printer, go to Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners>Add Printer and select the printer you want to add.; If you plan to use this printer regularly you can set it as your default printer and also print a test page to test for print quality before printing out your document!
Also Check: How To Connect Hp Printer To Phone
Printing Costs Are Too High
The two main costs for printing are ink and paper, but there are a few ways to lower printing costs.
Firstly, think about whether or not you actually need what you are printing. Maybe you only actually need to print certain pages. If you dont need to present it, you can switch to draft mode and save ink. Whilst switching to double sided printing can save you paper.
You can buy high capacity ink cartridges which contain more ink so you can print more for your money. There are also compatible ink cartridges which offer significant savings on expensive original ink cartridges but match their high quality.
For many printers, you have a choice between lower-capacity and high-capacity ink cartridges. The higher capacity cartridges cost more up front but they have higher yields , and lower cost per printed page.
It is important to look at a printers running costs before buying. You want to look at cost per page information before you purchase a printer. Be sure to weigh up what you want from a printer and it could save you money later down the line.
Cancel All Print Jobs
Another reason of printer not printing is that the print queue includes print jobs that has failed. Therefore the printer gets stuck. You need to clean all print jobs in order to get your printer back to normal.
a) Open;Devices and Printers;settings .
b) Right click on your printer in Printers section and select See whats printing.
c) Open Printer menu and then select Open As Administrator.
d) Open Printer menu again. Select Cancel All Documents.
e);Confirm your action.
f);The print queue of your printer is clear. Now check and see if your printer can run normally.
Don’t Miss: How To Setup Wifi Printer
Problem : No Windows 10 Printer Driver For Your Printer
Not all printer manufacturers are offering new Drivers that will work with Windows 10. In some cases, you might see the printer manufacturer has ended the support to the printer model you own. However, there is a way around this issue.
If your printer manufacturer is not offering Windows 10 compatible Printer Drivers, you can try Windows 8 Printer Drivers as they may work. In most cases, the Printer Driver is a .exe file. You need to uninstall the printer by starting from Step 4 above.
After you have removed the printer, you need to click on .exe Driver file and install the Printer Driver.
Canon Printer Not Printing Black
- The Canon printer not printing black ink issue occurs when the nozzles are clogged. The instructions on how to clean the ink nozzles are as follows.
- Make sure that there are enough A4 papers in the input tray or cassette.
- Raise the paper output tray and its extension.
- Begin the cleaning procedure by choosing the Setup button on the operator panel of your Canon PIXMA printer.
- Press the Tools button and then tap the Maintenance option.
- Select the OK button, then touch the Deep Cleaning option, and then tap OK again.
- Confirm that you wish to perform the cleaning process by selecting the OK button.
- Now, select the OK button and then do not process until the cleaning process gets completed.
- The cleaning process takes around three to five minutes.
- Once the Pattern Print Confirmation dialog box displays on the control panel, select the OK button.
- If the Canon Pixma troubleshooting error continues, verify whether there is enough ink inside your black ink cartridge.
Also Check: How To Clean 3d Printer Nozzle
Problem : Canon Printer Does Not Work In Windows 10
The first thing you need to do is to check if your Canon printer is switched on and connected to the PC in question. This may seem basic but it is surprisingly easy to overlook! If your printer is still not working, follow the steps set out below:
Before installing the new Printer Drivers, you need to uninstall the printer by following the steps given below
Alternatively you can get a Driver Update Tool to update the Drivers for you and keep them updated. To check for Driver Updates, follow the instructions on the Canon Drivers page.
Hp Printer Not Printing
Printer wont print is a common issue for HP printer users.;This issue can result from various reasons, from connectivity issues to faulty configurations or drivers. If you are struggling to find a good fix, you can give the methods as follows a try. They can help you fix your HP printer wont print problem.
Don’t Miss: How To Add A Network Printer
Set Your Printer As The Default Printer
Select the Start ;button, and then select Settings ;>Devices;>Printers & scanners; . Select your printer and then select Open queue. Under Printer, select Set As Default Printer, and clear;Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline if they are selected. If you see a message that says, “Windows will stop managing your default printer for you,” select OK.
Note:;If you select;OK, Windows will stop automatically setting the last printer you used as your default printer. To re-enable this feature, select the Start ;button, and then select Settings ;>Devices;>Printers & scanners;;>;Let Windows manage my default printer.
Paper Out Light Is Flashing Or On
Check EPSON Status Monitor;3 or EPSON StatusMonitor to find the cause of the error, then try one or more of these solutions:
- If the ;paper out light is on and there is no paper in the printer, load paper into the sheet feeder.
- If the ;ink out light is flashing, a low supply of ink is indicated. Obtain a replacement cartridge of the appropriate type. To determine which cartridge requires replacement, see .
- If the ;ink out light is on and the ink cartridge is empty, replace the appropriate ink cartridge. To determine which ink cartridge is empty, see .
You May Like: How Do I Connect My Epson Printer To My Computer
Cloud Print For Android Products
is among the easiest ways to directly network your printer with several devices, including both Android and Chromebook products. The process is pretty simple:
- Go to the Google® Play app store and add Cloud Print to your device.
- When you got to settings, Cloud Print will provide you with a list of networked WiFi printers available in your area.
- Connect with the printer of your choice.
- Use Gallery to print saved images in Drive, or drop down to Print on your browser.
When connecting a printer that doesnt come preinstalled with Cloud Printwhat Google calls Classic printersyou have options as well. Installing third-party software such as GitHubs Google Cloud Print connector will bridge the software gap between your devices operating system and your printer.
If your printer isnt connecting to Cloud Print or producing prints, first check to make sure its Cloud Print ready and connected. Many older model printers will have WiFi capability, but wont come pre-loaded with Cloud Print access . Its also possible that you may be using an outdated version of Google Chrome, which can prevent your prints from being transferred. Finally, you may have registered your networked printer twice, which means when youre selecting a printer youre actually connecting with its ghost twin. Check your networked printers list to make sure you have the right one.
Alternately, if you have a classic printer, your troubleshooting options include:
Fix : Troubleshoot The Pdf File Problem
If your printer wont print PDF files, perhaps the file to be printed is corrupted. In this case, you need to take some measures to troubleshoot the PDF file issue. Just as follows:
a> Copy or download the PDF file again directly to your hard drive.
If you get the PDF file from others or the website, you can download it again and save it directly to the hard drive of your Windows 10 device, instead of a network drive or a connected USB drive. You can also open it in Acrobat Reader and click File > Save as to save it directly to the hard drive and print the new PDF file.
b> Choose to print as an image.
Open the target PDF file in your Acrobat Reader and click File >Print >Advanced. In the Advanced Print Setup dialog, check Print As Image and click OK to save changes. Then, click Print to see if the PDF file can be printed.
You May Like: How To Connect Printer To Computer With Usb
Check Remaining Ink / Toner Levels & Replace Cartridge If Necessary
Before you do anything complicated, make sure that your printer is not running out of ink or toner. You can visually inspect the remaining cartridge levels on your printer. If they are full but you still cannot print properly, check the cartridges expiry date. Expired ink cartridges often dry up which causes problems in the print results.
You can also check the remaining ink or toner levelson your printer using the following steps:
For HP Color Laser Printers
Print your printers supplies status page by:
- Touchscreen Control Panels
For HP Inkjet Printers
Just press the Ink icon. This will display your printers ink levels.
If the ink or toner levels are low, replace the cartridges. Below are video tutorials you can follow to replace HP toner cartridges and HP ink cartridges:
HP DeskJet 3755
Solution #: Update Printer Drivers Using Windows Update
There is another way to rule out the possibility of failure, and that is to update printer drivers. Basically when you upgrade your system to Windows 10 and stick to the same old devices drivers, it creates incompatibility issues. Thus the drivers need to be updated using Windows update. Follow the steps to perform the procedure:
Step 1. Press Win + R to display the Run search box. Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open up the Device Manager operating Windows.
Step 2. Now click on the Printer option to expand the list and find out your device.
Step 3. Right click on it to choose Update Driver from the context menu.
Step 4. From the next pop up that entails, select Search automatically for updated driver software.
And thats it!
If your printer wont print word documents windows 10, dont worry, the three solutions mentioned above hopefully would be enough to resolve the issue. But there are possibilities that the issue would still linger. And if it recurs over and over again, better find out an expert to do the job for you. Nevertheless you have to pay, but it is better to pay to ridden out the issue than to waste your valuable time behind with futile attempts.
Also Check: How To Scan From A Canon Printer