Printer Ip Address Lookup
If you want to connect your printer to the WiFi network or want to troubleshoot the issues then you should know the IP address of your printer. Without an IP address, you cannot send the print jobs or any other command to your printer. You can set up your printer from any computer or mobile device with an IP address. If you dont know how to Find Printer IP Address, then you have landed in the right place. In this blog, we will discuss the simple and easy steps to find the IP address of the printer. Lets get started with Printer IP Address Lookup.
How To Find Your Printers Ip Address From The Network Configuration Page
Almost all printer’s can print out a network configuration page, which shows the printer’s IP address. Check your printer’s manual for specific instructions, but generally, you can do this via your printer’s settings, or by long-pressing a certain button.
- For instance, on a HP Laser Jet Pro M1212n, you would go to Set-up > Reports > Reports Demo Page > Config Report. And the page should print.
- For Canon imageRUNNER printers, you can print the network configuration page by going to the Main Menu > Settings > Preferences > Network.
- Printers without a display screen usually print the network configuration page when you long-press the Power, Go, or Wi-Fi button for five to ten seconds.
Using The Printer Menu
Find your printer user manual, or download it from the manufacturers website. Look for a section on printing a configuration page.
Print a configuration page using the printer’s instruction manual as a reference. Usually, this involves pressing and holding a single button, such as the Continue button. In other cases, you must press and hold the Cancel button for a few seconds and then press Continue.
Examine the configuration page and locate your IP address. It may be listed under IPv4 address or Network Address.
Don’t Miss: Officejet 4650 Wps Pin
How To Find Your Printer Ip Address
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. This article has been viewed 160,923 times.Learn more…
Knowing your printer IP address is essential in being able to configure it to run on a network. You will not be able to find your printer on a computer in a wireless network if you cannot determine the printers IP address. This is essential for both Mac and Windows, and getting it is easy to do.
Finding Your Printers Ip Address From The Router
If you have access to your router, then this section will be especially helpful for you. When locating your printers IP address through the router, youll need to go to the routers setup menu.
Don’t Miss: Android This Printer Isn’t Available Right Now
How To Find Your Printers Ip Address From System Preferences
Connect New Devices To Your Printer
Youll need to know your printers IP address in order to connect new devices to it. Heres how to connect those new devices, depending on what kind of computer you own.
How to connect a Windows device to your printer:
How to connect an Apple device to your printer:
You May Like: Why Does My Hp Envy Keep Going Offline
The Elaborate Steps To Find The Ip Address Located On My Hp Printer
- The first option is the Configuration sheet. If the printer has buttons on it, you can print a configuration page by pressing and holding the Go and Power button for ten seconds. Certain printers have the option to print a configuration page available in the system menu. Click Menu Information Print Configuration.
- The second option is the Menu option. If the printer has a built-in screen that enables menu navigation, you can navigate to the network settings menu to find the IP address.
- The third option is Printer Properties. Access your printerâs properties from the computer that is connected to your printer. Go to the Start menu and click Devices and Printers.
- Choose your printer model, right-click on the printer, and select Printer Properties. Click Ports to access your printer network because it usually contains the IP address.
Find Your Printers Ip Address From Your Router
If you have yet to install the drivers for your printer, or if you have already installed the drivers but you dont want to use Control Panel, use this router method to find your printers IP address.
This method gives you access to a list of all the devices connected to your network, including your printer. Keep in mind that the steps will be slightly different depending on your router model, but you will get the general idea.
To start, find your routers IP address and enter it in a web browser on your PC. This will open your routers settings page.
Tip: For most routers, you can access the settings page by entering 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 as the IP address.
Your routers login page will open. Here, enter the username and password for your router to log in. If you have forgotten your routers password, reset it.
When the routers settings page opens, in the sidebar on the left, select Network.
In the expanded Network menu, click LAN. Then, in the pane on the right, click the DHCP Client List tab.
You can now see a list of all devices connected to your network, including your printer. Find your printer using a matching name. For example, if your printer is from HP, you will see HP in the list.
Next to your printer, you will see its IP address.
And thats how you go about locating your printer on your network using your router. Its very helpful when setting up and fixing issues with your printer.
Recommended Reading: What To Do When Your Printer Won’t Print
Way : Find Printer Ip Address In Windows Settings
Step 1: Click on the Start button, click Settings> Devices.
Step 2: On the right side of Printers and Scanners tab, click on Printer, then click Manage option.
Step 3: Click on Printer Properties.
Step 4: Click on Port tab, click on the Configure Port button.
Step 5: You should be able to view Printer IP address.
How To Find Your Printers Ip Address Using The Cups Web Page
Step 1: Open Applications folder > Click on Utilities.
Step 2: Open Terminal.
Step 3: Type cupsctl WebInterface=yes > Press Enter. This will enable the CUPS web interface.
Step 4: Open Safari. Type: localhost:631/printers in the address bar.
Step 5: Printer IP address windows 10 will be shown in the Location column.
Recommended Reading: How To Scan With Canon Mg2520
How To Find Your Printers Ip Address Fromthe Network Configuration Page
Almost all printers can print out anetwork configuration page, which will include the printers IP address.
If your printer has a user interface display, the configuration page can generally be printed by going to theSettings or Setup page. Again, the exact steps will vary for differentprinter makes and models.
For example, on an HP LaserJet ProM1212n, you would need to go to the Set-up > Reports > Reports Demo Page > Config Report to print the configuration page.
On the other hand, for CanonimageRUNNER printers, you would need to go to the Main Menu > Settings > Preferences> Network to print out a report. Check your device manual on the exact stepsto follow.
For models without a user interface display, you will need to press and hold a certain button for five to 10 seconds to print a configuration page. Its best to check the printer manual on how you can do this.
Now that you know how to find your printers IP address, the next step is to learn how to add your printer on Mac or Windows 10 computer.
Find Printer Ip Address In Windows 10
Similar to computer, phone and other connected devices, a wireless or network printer is also needs to have its own unique IP Address, in order to connect to WiFi Network.
This allows other devices on the network to identify the wireless printer and connect to the Wireless printer using its IP Address.
In general, users want to known the IP Address of Wireless Printer to Add Printer using IP Address and to troubleshoot problems.
Also Check: Printer Has Ink But Prints Blank
Find Printer Ip Address Using Settings
An easy way to find the IP Address of a Wireless Printer is by going to Settings on your Windows Computer.
1. Go to Settings> Devices> select Printers and Scanners in the left-pane. In the right-pane, select your Printer and click on the Manage option.
2. On the next screen, select you printer and click on Printer Properties option.
3. On Printer Properties screen, you should find the Printer IP Address in Location section of the General tab.
If you cannot find Printer IP Address in General tab, switch to Ports Tab and select the Port that has the check mark.
Widen the first column to see if the IP Address is listed. If not, click on Configure Port option and you should be able to see IP Address on the next screen.
Components Of An Ip Address
Before we dive into the details of identifying your printers IP address, heres a quick look at the components that an IP address consists of.
An IP network may be divided into subnetworks in both IPv4 and IPv6. Thanks to this structure, an IP address consists of two parts:
- The network prefix in the high-order bits and
- Interface Identifier .
Recommended Reading: How To Scan From Printer To Computer Hp
How To Find A Printer’s Ip Address
- Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the printer and select Properties.
- Look in the Web Services tab for your IP address if only three tabs appear.
- Alternatively, look in the Ports tab for your IP address if five tabs appear.
NOTE: Your printer driver will either use a WSD to connect or a TCP/IP port. Depending on which one it uses, three or five tabs will appear in a mini window.
Automatic Configuration Using Bonjour
Most network printers support a protocol known as Bonjour, which is a combination of zero-configuration networking , multicast DNS , and DNS service discovery standards published by the Internet Engineering Task Force , the same group that defined TCP/IP and all of the networking we use today.
A printer that supports Bonjour can be found automatically using the dnssd backend. Run the lpinfo command to find your printer’s URI:
lpinfo --include-schemes dnssd -vnetwork dnssd://Acme%20Laser%20Pro._ipp._tcp.local./?uuid=545253fb-1cb7-4d8d-98ed-ab6cd607cea7network dnssd://Bar99._printer.tcp.local./?uuid=f9efff58-9086-4c95-accb-81dee876a475network dnssd://Example%20EX-42._ipps._tcp.local./?uuid=4a0c67ad-2824-4ddf-9115-7d4226c5fe65network dnssd://Foo%20Fighter-1969._pdl-datastream._tcp.local./?uuid=4e216bea-c3de-4f65-a710-c99e11c80d2b
You can then add a printer using the URI reported.
Don’t Miss: How To Trick Printer Ink Cartridge Hp
Find Printer’s Ip Address In Windows 10
There are multiple ways to find the IP address of your printer on Windows 10 laptop or desktop. Let’s see how to use the Control Panel to find the IP address of your printer. It is the simplest and easiest way to find the IP address in Windows 10 PC. Follow the steps given below:
- Go to your Windows 10 Cortana search bar and type “control panel.” Click on the top searched result to open Control Panel. See the below image:
- After opening the Control Panel, click on the “Devices and Printers” option.
- After clicking on the Devices and Printers option, you will see all Bluetooth devices ever connected with your PC. Select the printer.
- Now, right-click on the printer, and you will see a lot of options there. Click on the “Properties” option.
- After clicking on the properties option, it will open a new popup window. Select the Web Services tab on the top menu, and you can see the IP address of your printer at the bottom of the window.
How To Find A Printers Ip Address From The Router
- If you have access rights to your router, you can find your printers IP address in the routers setup menu. First, youll need to log in.
- Open any web browser and type in 192.168.1.1 into the address bar hit enter.
- Enter your router username and password. If youve forgotten them, ask your admin to remind you or try our tips here.
- Once youre in, look for a DHCP Client Table or a client list .
- Open the client list and find and click on your printer to see its IP address.
Read Also: Hp Printer Driver Updates
Finding Your Printers Ip Address Through The Printer Menu
For this method of finding the printer IP address, you may need to consult your printers manual for the exact directions, but the following steps should help you land on the correct part of the menu on most devices.
How To Find Printer Ip Address On Macbook Air
Step 1: Can you see the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen?
Click on that logo or use the dock to open System Preferences.
Step 2: For instance, click on Printers and Scanners.
Step 3: From the left-hand column, choose a printer and then select options and supplies.
Step 4: Listed under the location, you will find the IP address of your printer.
Recommended Reading: How Do I Print Envelopes On My Epson Printer
How To Find Your Printers Ip Address
It is important to know your printers IP address if you want to connect it to your network or troubleshoot any problems. Your printers IP address is kind of like its street addresses. Without it, you cant send your printer any print jobs or give it any other commands. Heres how to find your printers IP address on a Mac or Windows PC.
Find Your Printer’s Ip Address From Your Router
You can find the IP address of your printer by accessing your router. It doesn’t matter you are using a Mac or Windows PC. Follow the steps given below:
- Open your web browser and type the local IP address of your router into the address bar.
- You will be asked for a username and password. Enter the username and password and proceed further.
- You can see the IP address of your printer under the list of devices connected to the network.
Note: The information may be displayed differently according to your router’s setup page.
You May Like: Printer For Ipads
How Do I Change The Ip Address On My Hp Printer
Click on Utilities located on top. Click on Update IP Address, User Account Control window will show up, click Yes on it to continue. “Update HP Software with Printer IP Address” window will be displayed. Key in the IP address in the “Printer’s current IP address:” box and then click TEST, and then Save button .
Find The Ip Address Of Printer Using Command Prompt
Follow the steps given below to find the IP address of your printer using command prompt:
- Go to your Windows 10 Cortana search bar and type “cmd.” Click on the top searched result to open Command Prompt. See the below image:
- After opening Command Prompt, type ipconfig in the command line and press the Enter button. Here, you can find the IPv4 address of your system. Copy the IPv4 address.
- Now, go to the new command line and type ping followed by a space, then type your IPv4 address, and after that, press the Enter button. For example, ping 192.168.43.152
- After getting the result, type arp -a and then press the Enter button. You can get all dynamic and static connections using the IPv4 address. See the below image:
Note: Look at all dynamic and static connections results using the IPv4 address. If you already know the MAC address or physical address of your printer, the address beside it will be the IP address of your printer. You can also find this 12-digit number on the printer or in the manual of the printer.
Read Also: How Does Wireless Printer Work With Laptop