Find A Printer’s Ip Address Using The Router
The last option is to go directly to your router. The router manages all network traffic, so the printer IP must be registered there as a connected device. To view the IP, log in to the router. You’ll need the administrator ID and password for the router. If you don’t know it, ask whoever set up the router for you.
First, you’ll need to know the default gateway IP address. Regardless of the type of computer you use on the network, this is typically http://10.1.1.1 or http://192.168.1.1. If neither of these work, look yours up.
Setting The Static Ip
Open your web browser and type the Star printer’s IP address into the URL field
Log into the Star Network Utility using these credentials User: root Password: public
It may prompt you to change the password but this is not necessary, so just press cancel.
In the left side menu click IP Parameters and select static. The current IP address and subnet mask should autofill in.
Select Save on the left side menu. Chose the option “Save => Configuration printing => Restart device” then click Execute.
The receipt printer should restart and print a new configuration report with Static next to the IP address instead of DHCP.
Find The Printer Ip Address Using The Printer’s Built
On most printers, the network setting is found in the printer menu under Preferences, Options, or Wireless Settings .
The IP address for the printer may be displayed at the top of the network settings dialog box. If you don’t see it, click through the submenus, such as View Wireless Details, to find the IP address.
In most cases, you can’t manually set this IP address. Your wireless router assigns IP addresses automatically to devices that connect to your home network.
Recommended Reading: Wps Pin Hp Deskjet 2600
How To Install A Printer By Ip Address
There are a lot of ways you can connect a printer to your PC or laptop. For example, you can use a USB cable, Bluetooth, a Wi-Fi connection, share another computers printer, or with an IP address.
Adding a printer with an IP address is fairly simple, and it can be done in a matter of minutes.
In this guide, well show you how to install a printer on your PC by using the IP address on Windows and Mac. Well also go through the process of finding your printers IP address.
Through Printer Properties On Pc
If your computer is connected to the printer, you can discover the IP address from the printer settings. Here are the steps to access this setting on different Operating Systems:
Search through the list to find out the IP address.
You can find the printer IP address beside Location.
You should find the IP Address under Printer Information.
Read Also: Connect Phone To Wireless Printer
Option : Use The Printers Built
If your printer has an LCD, it has an option in the settings menu to display the IP address. On most printers, you can go to the printer menu to find the network settings and the menu is usually under Preferences, Options or Wireless Settings .
At the top of the network settings dialog box, you can see the IP address of the printer. If it is not there, go through the submenu.
If your printer doesnt have a screen for you to view this information, you can follow these methods below to easily find printer IP address.
How To Find Your Canon Printers Ip Address
If you have a Canon Printer connected to your network, you can find the IP address in several ways. However, it depends on a number of factors, such as the options available through the Printers menu, the type of operating system you use, and more. However, here are the three main ways to make this happen.
You May Like: Fashiontap Android
How To Find Your Printers Ip Via The Cups Webpage
- To find your printer IP address, first open the Applications folder, and then open Utilities.
- Next, open Terminal.
- Type cupsctl WebInterface=yes and then click on Enter. This will enable the CUPS web interface.
- Now, open Safari, and type localhost:631/printers into the address bar.
- Youll see your printers IP address in the Location column.
How To Find Your Printer Ip Address Via Mac
- Open System Preferences by clicking on the Apple logo. You will find it on the top-left corner of your screen.
- Click on Printers and Scanners.
- Choose your printer from the left-hand column if youve got more than one.
- Click on Options and Supplies.
- You should find your printers IP address listed under Location.
- Thats it! Your Printer IP is a 12-digit number.
Don’t Miss: Does Staples Take Old Ink Cartridges
Way : Find Printer Ip Address In Windows Settings
Step 1: Click on the Start button, click Settings> Devices.
Step 2: On the right side of Printers and Scanners tab, click on Printer, then click Manage option.
Step 3: Click on Printer Properties.
Step 4: Click on Port tab, click on the Configure Port button.
Step 5: You should be able to view Printer IP address.
Find Your Printers Ip Address In Control Panel
To view your installed printers IP address in Windows 10, first, open Control Panel. Do this by accessing the Start menu, searching for Control Panel, and clicking it in the search results.
In Control Panel, under the Hardware and Sound section, click View Devices and Printers.
On the Devices and Printers window, in the Printers section, find your printer. Right-click its icon and select Properties from the menu.
On the printers Properties window, at the top, click the Web Services tab. At the bottom of this tab, next to IP Address, you can see your printers IP address.
Write it down so you dont forget. When youre done, click OK.
Also Check: Scan From Brother Printer
What You Can Do With Your Printer’s Ip Address
Once you have the IP address of your printer, use it to set up the printer from any computer or mobile device connected to your network.
Having the printer IP address handy also enables you to type a ping command in the command prompt from any computer if you have printer problems and need to check if the printer is on the network.
Option : Check The Printers Display
Modern printers come with a display for more advanced settings, which you can check in the Settings menu to show your IP address.
This can be the easiest way to find your printers IP address.
Recommended Reading: Wps Pin Printer Hp Deskjet 3630
Why Do You Need An Ip Address
- Every device that wants to connect to the internet or intranet needs a unique identifier to ensure reliable communication. IP addresses are assigned to each networking device to communicate with other devices on the network.
- Similarly, knowing the IP address of your printer will ensure that it belongs to it and not some other computer on the network you could also have more than one printer on the network.
- You can learn more about IP addresses in our blog here. But to explain quickly, an IP address is a 32-bit address in the case of IPv4 and 128-bit address in the case of IPv6 the former is most common today.
How To Find Your Printers Ip Address From System Preferences
Don’t Miss: Hp Envy Printer Is Offline
How To Find Your Printers Ip Address From Your Router
It doesnt matter if you are using aMac or a PC, you can find your printers IP address by accessing yourrouter.
Note: The information will be listed differently depending on your routers set-up page. Check for words like network map, connected device list, network topology, or other similar terms.
Ways Showing You How To Find Your Printer Ip Address
As mentioned above, locating your Printers IP address is crucial if there are troubleshooting errors or if youre planning on connecting your printer to the network. Locating your Printer IP is not the same as finding your PCs IP, but that doesnt mean its difficult to do. There are a couple of methods you can use, lets get started:
Don’t Miss: How To Put A Printer Back Online
Option : Find Ip Address Of Printer Via Command Prompt
This method is simple and here are the instructions:
Step 1: Launch Command Prompt with admin rights.
Step 2: Type netstat r to the CMD and press Enter to show all the network devices including the printer connected to your computer along with the corresponding IP addresses.
Step 1: In CMD, type ipconfig and press Enter to find your IPv4 address.
Step 2: Type ping followed by a space and then your IPv4 address.
Step 3: After that, type arp -a and hit Enter.
Find The Ip Address For An Hp Printer
An Internet Protocol address is an identification number assigned to a device when it connects to a network. Find the printer IP address from the control panel menu or on a printed report.
Make sure the printer is connected to the local network through Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable to the router.
Find the printer IP address.
Most printers with a touchscreen control panel: Find the IP address on the Wireless Summary screen or in network settings.
Most inkjet printers without a touchscreen control panel: Press the Wireless and Information buttons at the same time, or press the Wireless and Start Copy Black buttons at the same time. A report prints that lists the IP address.
Most LaserJet printers: Press and hold the Wireless button for 10 seconds or until the Ready light blinks, or go to the Wireless menu and selectWireless Network Test. A report prints that lists the IP address.
HP DeskJet 6000 and 6400, ENVY 6000 and 6400, and Tango printers: Touch and hold theInformation button until all control panel buttons light up, and then touch the Information and Resume buttons at the same time. A report prints that lists the IP address.
Laser NS and Neverstop Laser printers: Press and hold the Resume and Wireless
Also Check: How To Get A Wireless Printer Back Online
How To Find A Printer Ip Address
There are a few ways to find the IP address for a printer on your network. The option you choose depends on a few factors, such as what type of printer you are using or network access restrictions. To proceed, look at the following list and select the option that best pertains to your situation.
How To Find The Ip Address Of A Network Printer From Command Line
If you work in a big organization, you might have a couple of network printers. In fact, network printers are the only options for large corporations and other networked devices work as part of a local computer network in any big offices. However, what if you need to have access to the IP address of a network printer? There are several ways you can make use of accessing the IP address, the option of command prompt being one of the most popular ones. Let us check out how you can find the IP address of a computer using the command line. We will also try checking out other options too.
Recommended Reading: Scanning On Hp Printer
Understanding Network Printers And Ip
The internet protocol is essentially a language that computers use to communicate across the internet and other networks, including modern home and office networks. It assigns each computer, smart phone, printer or other device a numeric address, such as 192.168.0.1. Computers can refer to each other using the human-readable domain names normally used to access websites, such as www.example.com, but these are ultimately translated into IP addresses.
If your computer uses the web protocol, called the hypertext transfer protocol or HTTP, to communicate with a printer, you might have a local name for a printer but that will ultimately be translated into an HTTP printer IP address to deliver print jobs and other messages to the printer.
When you’re testing whether you can access a particular resource such as a printer on your network, you can check whether it actually has an IP address and whether that address is reachable from your computer. That can help you determine if you’re dealing with a network connectivity issue or a problem with your computer or the other device.
What Are Dhcp Bootp Ethertalk And Manual
If you are accessing the network setup on your printer, you may be prompted for different network configurations. The following list shows the most common modes and a brief description of each.
- DHCP – The most common configuration and often the default setting. When set on a DHCP network, the printer has its network settings assigned automatically, including the IP address.
- Manual – If you need to configure the printer’s network settings manually, choosing this option allows you to enter your network values via the keypad.
- EtherTalk – An older method utilized for printers communicating over Ethernet using AppleTalk.
- BOOTP – Another host configuration, similar to and developed before DHCP.
Also Check: Why Does My Laptop Say My Printer Is Offline
How To Find Your Printers Ip Address Via Windows 10
- Head to the Control Panel click on Hardware and Sound and then on Devices and Printers.
- Now, right-click on the printer and select Properties.
- There will be around three tabs, look for your Printer IP address in the Web Services tab.
- Alternatively, if you somehow see five tabs instead of three, then look for the Printer IP in the Ports tab.
Finding Your Printer Ip On Mac
- What if the location bar is empty?Community AnswerIt depends what kind of printer you have. It will usually tell you when you plug it into the computer.Thanks!
- My iPad can no longer print to my network printer. How can I restore the connection?Community AnswerYou can try restarting your printer. If it does not work, you may have to uninstall the network on the printer, and then install it again. If this still does not work, you may have to make an appointment at a genius bar to get your iPad checked.Thanks!
You May Like: Avery Word Plugin
Find Your Printers Ip Address Via The Printers Menu
To begin, youre going to need your printers manual for the instructions just to simultaneously check if youre following all the steps correctly. Other than that, you could always follow the instructions below:
- On your printer, press down on the Home button. It will display a menu. Click on Preferences, then on Options or Wireless Settings.
- The Printer IP address should be displayed at the very top of the border.
- Just in case you cant see it, head to the View Wireless Details and check there.
If that doesnt work, you could also alternatively try to go to the networking or network setup options to find your printers IP address. This is the case because some printer models have menus that are labeled under TCP/IP, Wi-Fi Status or Network Status.
How Do I Find My Wireless Printers Ip Address
To find the wireless printers IP address in Windows 11, you need to use the Command Prompt or the Devices and Printers section in the Control Panel. In the Devices and Printers, right-click on the printer, go to Properties and find the Location box.
Thats all! Hope this guide helped you find the IP address of WiFi printer in Windows 11/10.
Don’t Miss: Reset Hp Cartridge Chip
Find The Ip Address Through The Windows Configuration:
The steps to find the IP address should go like this Ã¢â¬â
- Through the Windows Search options, type in Devices and Printers and press Enter.
- Locate the network printer for which you want to locate the IP address.
- Right click on this printer and then choose Printer Properties.
- In some cases, the printer information may be available under General tab and Location
If you are on Windows 10, choose the printer from the list of devices and then select Manage. You should find the option for the Printer Properties here.
- Under Printer Properties, click on the Ports The printer IP address may be available here.
- If you do not find it, click on the Configure Port You may find the option in the System Info
For most of the printers, the IP address should be available under the Ports tab on the Printer Properties section.
Are any Other Options available?
Well, there are a few options to find your IP address of the printer if none of the methods above work effectively to let you see the same.
You can attempt accessing it through the Router access if you have access to it. You can access the router and find the DHCP client table or other similar options. The printer IP address should be available under the clientâs list. However, the method to see the client list may vary from one router to another.
Do note that your network printer should support the DHCP configuration if you want this method to work efficiently.