Keeping Your Printer Online
Hopefully, one of these solutions solved your issue with the offline Brother printer. If none of them helped, its best to contact their customer support to get the right advice. Of course, whatever the issue is, youll eventually manage to get your printer back online.
Have you succeeded in getting your printer online? Which of the options worked for you? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Change The Printer Properties
A user also suggested that you can also leave the SNMP as it is and change its device index to #.
Note: This solution works only if youre using a network printer. If you encounter any configuration problems with your printer, weve prepared a simple guide to help you in that situation.
Some Problems Related To Printer Offline Error: Windows 10
- Printer Offline Error: It is not uncommon for the users to report printer offline error issues. The problem is not limited to any single brand and the users of most of the printer manufacturing companies such as Epson, Canon, Ricoh, and HP often complain about it. We will help you with a practical solution shortly in this article.
- Printer Offline Due To SNMP Settings: A lot of times the SNMP feature is the reason why your printer turns to the offline mode. The easiest way to solve this issue is by disabling the SNMP status.
- Printer Displaying Offline Status Through Error Processing Command: It is one of the most common issues that is faced by the users in a network printer. The easiest way to fix it is by reinstallation of the printer driver. We are also going to provide another elaborated solution within this article.
- The Printer Goes Offline And Becomes Unable To Ping: There are times when your computer system might not be able to recognize the printer. Often, a lot of people find it hard to ping the network printer. It can be resolved by restarting the printer spooler service. Keep on reading to find out what else can fix this issue.
- Network Printer Offline VPN: This error is encountered by the users when they are using a VPN. The method to solve this problem is by simply changing the VPN configuration in your system.
Also Check: What Is The Best Photo Printer For Home Use
Solution 8: By Adding A Second Printer
In case any of the above solutions didn’t work for you and the HP printer offline error is still there on your Windows 10 computer you can try adding a second printer. This can be done by using the following steps
The Hp Printer Is Still Offline Further Solution Suggestions
In addition to the reasons mentioned, the offline status can also have many other causes:
- Of course you can always contact HP Support and inform them about the problem. The manufacturer’s operating instructions and manual may also provide information about the error and help to solve the problem.
- If nothing else helps, it may be that the HP Printer has to be reinstalled.
- The HP printer manual may give information on how to solve the problem. The last step is to contact HP customer support. Before further damage occurs, a professional should take a look at the HP printer.
Should your printer not work properly, you are welcome to request a free quote!
Looking for a tool to manage and save money on our printer landscape, we at TransRegina came across printer4you.com. Above all, the graphical presentation with numerous technical details impresses.
The storage of toner and other supplies for our printers is very convenient. Needed supplies can be ordered with just a few clicks – even without a contract.
Thus, we now have a clear, transparent view of the actual print volumes for individual cost centers.
In contrast to conventional “leasing models”, only usage-dependent printing costs are incurred. Furthermore, printer4you.com offers full support over the complete service contract.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Most Economical Printer To Buy
Restart The Windows Print Spooler
The Print Spooler is an important system component that powers the execution of print jobs and the discovery of printers on Windows devices. Your printer may appear as Offline if the Print Spooler service isnt running. Head to the Windows Services Manager and make sure everythings in order.
The Windows Services Manager will stop the process and restart it immediately. If the Restart is grayed out on the context menu, that means the Printer Spooler wasnt running in the first place. Select Start to launch the service.
Head to the Windows Printer menu and check if your printers now online.
Step E : Check The Printer Status In The Devices And Printers Window
If the printer status is Offline
Right-click the icon for your Brother machine >See what’s printing >Printer>Use Printer Offline .
If Use Printer Offline is greyed out, click Open As Administrator. Enter your administrator password, and then click Yes.
If the printer status is Paused
Right-click the icon for your Brother machine >See what’s printing>Printer>Pause Printing .
If Pause Printing is greyed out, click Open As Administrator. Enter the password for an administrator and click Yes.
Read Also: What Does Collated Mean Printer
Check That The Printer Is On And Connected To Your Computer
Before you do anything, the first step to resolve printer offline issue is to perform some physical inspections:
Once you complete physical inspection and are happy it is properly connected, check the printer status. If Printer offline issue is not resolved, proceed to the next fix below.
Troubleshoot Your Printer Connection
Identify and resolve printer connection issues.
Troubleshoot the printer USB connection
Check the USB cable for damage and length, replace it if necessary, and restart your printer and computer.
Turn off the printer and your computer.
Disconnect the USB cable from your computer and printer, and then inspect the cable.
If the cable is damaged or longer than 3 m , replace it.
If the cable is undamaged and shorter than 3 m , connect the cable to a different USB port on the computer. The port should be USB 2.0 or greater. If you are using a USB hub or docking station, connect the cable directly to the computer.
Connect the cable to your printer, and then make sure the cable is fully secured to both ports.
Turn on the computer, and then wait for the computer to complete startup.
Turn on the printer, and then add your printer or wait for the computer to install the new device .
Troubleshoot the wireless printer connection
Check network issues and setup requirements if the printer is not found during software installs or when wireless print jobs fail.
Restart devices: Restart the printer and the computer or mobile device to clear possible error conditions.
Print a Wireless Test Report: Search the HP Customer Support website for your printer model, and then search forself test page to find the document on how to print and evaluate the report.
Troubleshoot the wired network connection
Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the Ethernet cable from the router and the printer.
Read Also: How Do I Update My Printer Driver Windows 10
Solution: Set Your Printer As Default On Windows 10 Manually
Examine HP printer to set as default property to bypass printer keeps going offline on Windows 10.
- Search for devices and then click on Printer and Scanners from the set of displayed devices.
- If it is considered as checked, uncheck the box near;Let Windows manage my default printer.
- Watch for your printer name from the record of printers, and then succeed with the Manage button.
- If many devices with the same name, then you require to choose the printer which has a status idle or online.
- Next, below manage your wireless printer device, click on;set as default.
- Again, try to print any paper. If the printer still keeps showing offline, then watch the succeeding method.
Procedure 1 Check The Printer Connection
When you get the Printer offline status on the Epson printer, it is possible that something is wrong with the communication between the device and the Epson printer, through the network connection.;
Therefore, you need to check if the printer is correctly connected or not with the computer. If there is a problem with the internet connection, then you should solve this issue as soon as possible. To do that follow the steps hereunder:
You May Like: How To Connect Printer To Computer With Usb
Troubleshoot Printer Spooler Settings
HP printer shows offline message when printer spooler is stopped. To fix this, follow these steps-;
- First of all, open Run dialog box and type Services.mscand Click on OK
- Now from the listed items, locate the option of Print Spooler
- Right click on it and slect Stop option to pause the print spooler services.
- Next click on the address bar from the Windows File Explorer and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and click on OK.
- Now delete all the files from printer folder to clear the printing queue.
- Thereafter, go back to Print Spooler and right click on it and select Start option to resume the spooler service again.
- Lastly, restart your computer and printer and your complain of; ;HP printer Says offline will be gone.
These steps will help the user to bring back the HP printer from offline to online in Windows 10 or in any other operating system.;
Inspect The Physical Connections
Before we get into the more serious fixes for the printer offline error, lets start with the basic, and common issues that lead to it. When hooking up the printer, it is important you connect the power cable, as well as the USB cables firmly into the hardware.
When connecting the USB end of the printer cable to the computer or laptop, you can always try switching between different ports. Additionally, there can always be chances of the USB cable being damaged or faulty, so try replacing to see if that fixes the problem.
Don’t Miss: How Many Pixels Is A Piece Of Printer Paper
How To Fix Printer Offline Problem In Windows 10
Sometimes you will get printer is offline message on your Windows 10. Although both your PC and Printer are in the online state, due to some communication error, the printer will appear as it is still in the offline state. If you are faced printer offline problem in Windows and looking for a fix, this article is must read for you.
How to change printer status from offline to online? To fix printer offline problem in Windows 10, you need to adjust some settings in Control Panel. Follow the below steps to fix printer offline issue.
Ensure Your Printer Is Set As Default Printer To Fix Hp Printer Offline Issue
If your HP printer keeps going offline on your Windows 10 or any other operating system,; follow these given troubleshooting steps ;
- If not then right click on your printer and click the option of; Set as a default printer.;
- Now your printer will successfully work and printer offline problem will no longer be visible in your HP printer.
You May Like: How To Use A 3d Printer Step By Step
Printer Offline Error In Windows 10
- Many;users complained about printer connectivity issues that switch printersoffline even if they don’t seem to have any problems.
- This problem has several possible causes but most of the time it’s because of a missing or problematic driver for your printer.
- If you want to learn more about printers, bookmark our for further reference.
- Our Tech Troubleshooting Hub provides you with solutions to any other software or hardware problem with your PC.
- Once installed, click Scan to find outdated and bad printer drivers
- Click the Update Your Drivers Now after the scan to start the repair/update process
Fix all printer
Many Windows 10 users have reported issues regarding and a glitch that can set active offline even if they are connected and fully operational.
The error is usually encountered when speaking of network printers, but home users with a direct connection to their printer have also complained.
Well go about fixing this issue just like most other connectivity related problems, as in most cases, there is a simple explanation to the problem.
It should be noted that different manufacturers have their own diagnostics software which can inform the user of what problems come up .
If your printers manufacturer provided you with this feature, we encourage you to use it at full extent. More often than not, it will set you in the right direction for finding solutions to your problems.
Clear All Pending Printing Jobs
Sometimes old unfinished printing commands could be a hurdle in the way of printing new documents. To remove all printing commands, do the following:
- Right-click on the Brother printers icon.
If youre logged out as an administrator, you might have to click on Open as Administrator, log in with your credentials and then cancel all documents. You will have to do that if the canceling documents option appears in grey and you are not able to click on that.
Print Offline In Windows
Another reason for your printer not being online is the Use Printer Offline feature in Microsoft Windows 10. This feature allows you to prepare your documents for printing, regardless of whether your printer is available at the moment or not. Although this looks like a useful thing to have, it actually causes a bunch of issues.
Fortunately, sorting these issues is really simple.
This should hopefully bring your printer back online.
Hp Printer Keeps Going Offline Check For Netork Connection Error
You may often face a situation where your HP printer keeps going offline.
- One of the key reasons for the printer showing offline is the issue with its Wifi connectivity.
- Another key reason for the HP printer to be offline is that its IP address is not configured properly in the laptop or the desktop.
Hence an error message pops up saying; Printer is offline. To ensure that the IP address is configured properly, follow the given steps-
- Open HP configuration screen.
- Select the IP address option from the drop down menu
These steps will allow you to eradicate the error that comes due to the wrong IP address.;
In order to avoid the HP;printer from being offline, you need to make sure that all printer drivers are accurately installed & updated. Constant and timely;updating;of system settings and printer drivers eradicates the possible errors that can occur while using the printer.
When a user face printer challenges, Hp printer offline fix can easily achieved by following the troubleshooting steps given in this article. One of the key ways to rectify the issue is by selecting the WiFi printing option from the printer by pressing the Wifi button. Thereafter go to Network setting from the system to see range of available printers. As a user you need to select your printer from the listed printers. Post this step your print tasks can be completed as it will show you HP printer is online.
Also Check: How Can I Connect My Hp Printer To My Wifi
Reasons Why Your Ricoh Printer Is Showing Offline Error
If somehow, the user requests for printer status details from SNMP instead of WMI protocol, it can display it as offline. This can usually happen since communication from SNMP is not always correct. Hence, it can show wrong printer status and turn online into offline mode.
In case, you have connected your Ricoh printer to a network, which is not the same as your PC, it can give this error.
Often, the feature of Use Printer Offline can be ON for your printer with or without your knowledge. So, if this kind of mistake is done, it can lead to showing your Ricoh printers status as offline.