Why Is My Brother Printer Not Connecting To Wifi
The printer is not connecting to the Wi-Fi. It’s not that hard to fix if you know what you’re doing. Here are some tips on how to help your Brother printer connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
Can You Also Scan To Your Ipad
The answer depends on the model of your printer. If it has a scanner, you can save scans to your iPad as photos.
Note that you can edit images saved to your device. You will see each scanned page as a separate photo.
If you want to send the scanned file as an email, follow these additional steps.
Connect Printer To A Computer With A Usb Cable And A Network Using The Wireless Connection Or An Ethernet Cable
You can connect the printer to a computer with a USB cable and a network using the wireless connection or an Ethernet cable. This printer has an automatic interface selection feature that is turned on by default. This lets it automatically change the interface to USB or network depending on which interface is receiving data. Since the default setting is on for the automatic interface selection mode, simply connect the interface cable to the printer. Always turn off both your computer and printer when connecting or disconnecting the cable.
Although the printer can be used in a both wired and wireless network, only one of the connection methods can be used at a time. When the wireless setting is enabled, the wired setting is disabled. When the wired setting is enabled, the wireless setting is disabled.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Best Inexpensive Laser Printer
How To Get Brother Printer To Print Wirelessly
Image Source: DT Unboxed Youtube
Having a label printer gives more efficiency for businesses, but imagine the boost with a Brother wireless label printer, you can print with no hassle and limits for wired connections wherever you go!;
In this post, we will let you through how to get your Brother printers to print wirelessly using WiFi, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth, and USB. This guide will also cover all compatible devices where you can enjoy wireless printing, from your computer, laptop, and even your mobile phone.
Connect Your Brother Printer To Wi
There are two methods to connect your Brother printer to Wi-Fi.
# 1: Connect your brother printer to Wi-Fi manually
Step 1: Go to your Brother printers control panel and then open the Wireless settings.
Step 2: Enter the Wi-fi network name and password.
# 2: Connect your Brother printer to Wi-Fi automatically
Compared to the first way, this way is much simpler. However, this way is feasible if there is a WPS button both on your Brother printer and your router. WPS aims to help communicate routers with other wireless devices.
So, check whether there is a WPS button on these two devices. If the two devices have such button, you can start to connect your printer to Wi-Fi:
Don’t Miss: How Many Pixels Is A Piece Of Printer Paper
Steps To Connect Brother Hl
Brother Printer is a well-known first-class printer brand that is broadly used by millions of users everywhere throughout the world. Brother printers offer an astonishing printing facility for the users. Besides that, it is likewise accessible and available in different ranges. Brother Printers can be effortlessly used for various printing purposes, and it is very known for giving top-tier printing purposes and well known for providing top-tier printing features. However, users occasionally go up against issues when they purchase another Brother Printer and search for the best way of how to connect brother printer hl-l2360dw printer to WiFi, even its an effortless and straightforward procedure to perform.
In this blog, you will get the most about how to connect brother hl-l2360dw to WiFi. You are required to follow the step-by-step process and make sure that you do not miss out on the important details. It is essential that you read it first and then go ahead with the procedure and also reboot and select proper boot device
DIFFERENT METHODS FOR BROTHER HL-L2360DW PRINTER WIRELESS SETUP
If you have the WLAN router or AOSS, you can easily connect the Brother Printer to the Wi-Fi network. For how to set up brother hl l2360dw wireless procedure, you need first to make sure that your router has the AOSS or WPS symbol displayed below. Just read the simple steps given below.
METHOD 1: CONNECT VIA WPS
METHOD 2: CONNECT VIA INFRASTRUCTURE MODE
How To Connect Brother Printer To Computer Wirelessly
How to connect brother printer to computer wirelessly is comparatively simple. The best buy printer utilizes a wireless connection and the laptop will basically necessitate a connection to direct tasks to the printer. The printer utilizes a reliable network and admittance is merely imaginable with agreement from the printer manager. Making the connection is conceivable in a count of minutes and as soon as set up, the connection will continue lest the printer PIN or safety settings are changed.
Don’t Miss: How Big Is Printer Paper
Set Up The Wireless Connection Manually With The Printer Driver Installed
To connect your printer to a wireless network, you must use the supplied AC adapter or Li-ion battery. If your Brother printer is powered by alkaline or Ni-MH batteries, you cannot connect it to a wireless network.
Enter the correct and settings for your wireless network.
How Do I Connect My Brother Printer To My Computer Wirelessly
Brother Printer provides wireless connection features; also, you can connect your laptop and computer with your printer. You dont have to use any wired connection for printing your documents; you can give commands to print documents from anywhere in your home. If you want to know how do I connect my wireless Brother Printer to my laptop, then follow the given instructions.
- Power ON your router and the laptop or computer.
- Turn ON your Brother Printer and go to the machines control panel and press the menu button.
- Inside the menu, go to the Network section and then to the WLAN option.
- Now click on the setup wizard and click on Enter when you see Network I/F switched to Wireless on the screen.
- Find your network from the given list and click on the Enter; you will be asked to give the security key or password.
- After successful verification, your device is now connected.
- You can now take a test print to check if the connection is working fine or not.
Go through this simple process and know-how do I connect my Brother Printer to my wireless network. These are steps that one need to follow if searching for how do you connect a Brother Printer to your computer.
Read Also: Why Is My Hp Printer Printing Blank Pages
How To Connect Brother Printer Wirelessly To Mobile
The most recent Brother Printer models give Wi-Fi direct option, which allows you to set up a wireless network connection between your printer and mobile device without using a wireless router or access point. This can make it very easy to print and copy items. Along with that, you can also use the scan smoothly option directly from your wireless phone, tab, or other devices.
Follow the steps given below for how to set up brother hl l2360dw wireless using a Mobile device: First of all, press the Up and Down arrow key to select the following, and you make sure that you press the OK button after each step: network, Wi-Fi direct, Group owner, ON, manual. When the Wi-Fi direct is on, you need to press the Down arrow key to accept. The printer will display the SSID name and password for a few minutes. You have to enter the SSID name and password to keep it for later. FOR ANDROID
Follow the below steps for brother hl l2360dw wifi setup using Android device: Tap the settings icon and then tap the Cog icon to access the settings menu. Then turn on your Wi-Fi if it is deactivated. Find the network name next to which you have noted down, and then tap it. Enter now the network key and then tap on connect. Now, the wireless connection setup is complete if connected appears under the network name you have chosen. Next, download the brother iPrint&Scan for Android devices for free from Google Playstore. FOR IPHONE
How To Connect My Brother Label Printer Via Wifi
For this section, we will guide you through the procedure using the Brother QL710W wireless label printer. In fact, this the first printer with wireless capability in the Brother QL series, along with the QL720NW.;
1. The printer is connected to an AC adapter or a battery. DO NOT turn on the printer yet.;
2. Make sure your WiFi router is turned on and is discoverable by devices.;
3. Using the provided USB cable, connect the printer to your computer, and then turn on the printer.
4. Install the printer driver and printer setting tool for your printer. It is available for download on the . You can navigate through their website for your model. Also, make sure you select the Operating System that is appropriate for your computer.
Image Source: Brother Support
5. Open the printer driver installer, and follow the instructions. If you already installed the printer driver previously, skip this step.;
6. Open the Printer Setting tool next to initiate the installation for this tool. Once installed, open the app and then click Communication Settings
Image Source: The Receptionist
10. The printer is connected successfully to the computer and will be indicated by the WiFi light in the printer as it turns green.;
11. You can now print wirelessly using your computer. To print with your mobile phone, just connect it with the same WiFi network, and then you can use the Brother iPrint&Label app. This is available in the Apple App Store or Google Play.;
How To Set Up A Brother Printer Through A Router
Many models of Brother printers have network adapters installed. Instead of connecting the printer directly to your computer, you can connect the Brother printer to your router and use it as a network resource. This setup is advantageous when you want to use the printer from multiple computers in your house or if all of your computers are laptops and you don’t want to bother with connecting and disconnecting the printer as you move from room to room.
Insert the Brother printer installation CD. Choose to install BRAdmin and the drivers. Click “Next” on each installation wizard window until you reach the end of this process.
Plug in your Brother printer. Wait for it to power up completely; then connect the Brother’s Ethernet cable into one of your router’s wired devices or printer-specific ports.
Go to the computer you installed the Brother software and drivers on. Go to “Start” and click “Control Panel.” Choose “Printers and Faxes.” Click “Add a Printer.”
Select the Brother printer in the list of printers that appears on the next page. Click “Next.” Choose “Yes” or “No” to select the default printer status. Click “Next” then “Finish.”
S To Learn How Do I Connect Brother Printer To Wifi Network
Brother official channel How to Connect Brother Printer to Wifi
- First, turn on your WiFi router and make sure you place your printer within the WiFi network range.;
- Then, connect the power cord of Brother printer to electric socket and make turn it on.
- Next click on Menu button located on your Brother printer.
- Using the up and down arrow key, select the Network option and click on OK button.
- Hit on the up and down arrow key to choose WLAN and click on Ok
- Select Setup Wizard option by using Up and Down key and then click on Ok again.
- When you see the Wifi enableoption, press Yes on it. Now Brother printer will automatically search for the wireless network from the available list.
- Select your WiFi network name from the list and press Ok.
- Next, it will ask for the WiFi password. Enter your correct password and press Ok.;
- This will complete the process of connecting Brother printer to WiFi network.
So, above these steps to connect brother printer to wifi when you are facing the trouble not connecting to wifi use these simple steps as well.
You May Like: What Can I Print With A 3d Printer
Use The Wps Option To Connect Wi
- You may use the WPS button if you dont seem to remember the credentials or password or are having trouble with it.
- Similarly, press the WPS button of your printer for 2 minutes to check the availability of the network.
- As soon as the green light appears, it indicates that the connection is successful.
For HP printer check out our article on How to Find WPS Pin On HP Printer
How Do I Connect My Brother Printer To Wifi On Different Printer Models
While using printers, most of the time, we face issues because of the WiFi connection. With Brother Printer, we have listed some common models that may show WiFi issues frequently. Go through the complete section and get to know more about different models of Brother Printer.
MFC-J5945DW: To know;on how do I connect my Brother MFC-j5945DW printer to WiFi. You can use the above-given steps of connecting and setting up your Brother Printer.
MFC-J470DW:;Most of the time, your workflow gets interrupted because of the weak WiFi or disconnected WiFi connection. To connect Brother MFCJ470DW to WiFi, you can use the network option in the printers given menu.
MFC-J430W:;This is also one of the multifunctional Brother Printers that offer quality printing. If you want to connect Brother MFCJ430W Printer to WiFi, you need to have SSID and security code.
MFC-J265W:;Brother Printers are known for their fast output and reliability. Sometimes you may find difficulty in connecting the Brother MFCJ265W printer to WiFi. Go through the given steps and complete the connection setup.
MFC-J615W:;The Brother Printer MFCJ615W WiFi connection can be made by enabling WLAN and connecting to the network. You need to give a security code for verification, and then your device will be connected to the network.
Recommended Reading: How To Fix My Canon Printer
Fixes For Brother Printer Not Connecting To Wifi
The methods provided in this blog for connecting your Brother printer to wifi network have been tested. It is possible, however, that your Brother printer wont connect to wifi due to several reasons. Use these fixes to resolve any bugs.;
Fix 1: Reset Wireless Settings
If your Brother printer cannot connect to wifi, then you should try resetting the wireless settings. Resetting the wireless settings will remove any possible bug that is preventing the wireless connection. Below you can find out the 5 steps of this fix.;
1. Access the Utility tab of your device.
2. Head on to the section of Printer setup & software.
3. Now, tap Reconfigure wireless settings.
4. Perform as per the instructions showing on your screen. Then the wireless settings will be reset.;
5. Now, try connecting your Brother printer to wifi.;
Fix 2: Restart Brother Printer and Wifi Network
At times, Brother printer connected to wifi but not printing is also a commonly observed problem. So, even when your printer gets successfully connected to your wifi, it may not help you print anything. In such a situation, restarting your wifi router as well as Brother printer will be a superb fix. Take a look at the 8 steps to perform this fix.;
1. Turn off your Brother printer and then plug it out.
2. Now, turn off your wifi router for a few seconds.
3. Also, turn off your modem.
4. Next, plug in your Brother printer and turn it on.
5. The fifth step is to turn on your wifi router as well as modem.