Following Data Will Appear
- Wi-Fi Direct On/Off: Turn on or off Wi-Fi Direct.
- Device Name: Enter the name of your printer to find it on a wireless network. The device name is the printer model name by default.
- IP Address: Enter the printers IP address. This IP address is only used for Wi-Fi Direct and not for the wired or wireless network. It is advised to use the systems default local IP address.
- Group Owner: Select this option to make the printer the owner of the Wi-Fi Direct Group. The Group Owner functions in the same way that a wireless access point does.
- Network Password: If your printer is a Group Owner, other mobile devices must use a network password to connect to it.
- Status: displays the number of devices that are connected. At any given time, up to five devices can be connected.
How To Connect Samsung Printer To Wifi Network
Therefore, while setting up printer on wireless network make sure printer is using appropriate Hardware. Now, turn printer ON and click on the printer wifi icon button, Now, printer lights start blinking and printer search for available network. See at the printer control panel and click on your local printer networks. Enter the printer password and SSID info if ask for.
- First, turn ON printer and see at the printer control panel section.
- Press WiFi button.
- Enter the WiFi network password and connect printer to wifi.
How To Add A Printer To A Samsung Galaxy S10
1. Open the “Settings” app by tapping on it.
2. Tap on “Connections.”
3. Make sure that your Wi-Fi is enabled. Your phone and printer must both be connected to the same Wi-Fi network in order to print from your phone.
4. Slide to the bottom of the “Connections” list and tap “More connection settings.”
5. Tap on “Printing.”
6. Select “Samsung Print Service Plugin” and switch the slider to “On.”
7. Tap on “Download plugin” and select the app that matches the type of printer you wish to use.
8. Tap “Install” and follow the instructions on your phone screen.
9. Select the printer you want to use.
Now that you have added a printer to your Samsung Galaxy S10, you can print documents, pictures and more using only your phone. Refer to your printer’s instruction manual for any additional setup needed.
Also Check: Mg2520 How To Scan
The Advantages To Wireless Printing
Wireless printing is convenient, whether you’re at home, work, or school. Here are a few of the benefits of wireless printing.
- Printers for every budget: The major printer manufacturers include Wi-Fi in their printer models, often at all price points. You can buy a wireless printer for less than $50.
- Print from anywhere: With cloud printing solutions like HP ePrint, you can print wirelessly to a printer in another physical location. It makes it easier for people to print because it eliminates the need to install the printer and its drivers beforehand. You can also print from any device connected to the same network.
- Eliminate extra cords and cables: A wireless printer only has a power cord attached to it, eliminating the extra wires. You can set it up in a suitable location, and it frees up a USB port on your computer that you can use for something else.
- Save on energy and paper costs: Instead of having multiple printers set up wherever anyone needs to print, you can centralize printing to a single wireless printer. You could save on paper, toner, and ink costs because everyone might think twice before printing.
Most new printers connect to any wireless network. So you can print from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone. For most people, wireless printing refers to Bluetooth-enabled printing or Wi-Fi printing. Both allow you to print without connecting any cables between your device and the printer.
Printer Connected With Usb
Recommended Reading: Scanning Hp Printer
How To Make A Samsung Printer Connection To A Smartphone
Nowadays most people start working on their documents on a smartphone if they are on their way or are not in front of a PC or laptop in their workspace. Of course, this is very helpful for them in maintaining their productivity.
Furthermore, the way to make a Samsung printer connection on a smartphone is that you must have the application first. For example, on Android, you need an application called Google Cloud Print. If so, you simply select the worksheet you want to print by holding the file for a long time, then select print, and select the Samsung printer that is connected to the same wifi network as your smartphone
Samsung Printer Wifi Setup Using Wifi Direct
If you are not able to connect Samsung Printer to WiFi via the following method, then you can connect it using. This method also consists of 4-5 steps, hence not that much tricky, and we will make it easy for you in simple language.
Step 1: Samsung printers usually have this feature of WiFi direct to connect to the WiFi. Therefore, look for the WiFi Direct menu that will be present on your printer.
Step 2: All the available WiFi devices that can connect to the printer will appear in the list in the printer. The devices being appeared on the list will have the wireless symbol adjacent to them.
Step 3: Click on the WiFi device symbol with which you want to connect the Samsung Printer.
Step 4: The prompt will ask you for the WiFi password in order to connect. Enter the details, and you have successfully connected the Samsung Printer to WiFi.
Still, you are not to find the WiFi Direct button on your password, you can opt for the last method which would work for sure.
Also Check: Canon Wireless Printer Setup Without Cd
Printing From An Iphone Or Ipad
Printer Samsung Connected To Usb
Connect your Samsung printer to Wi-Fi by connecting your printer device to USB.
Step 1: Launch Easy Printer Manager and then select the Advanced mode.
Step 2: Select printer and then select Device Settings.
Step 3: Now, choose the tab of Network Settings.
Step 4: Enable Wi-Fi Direct and then enter the details given below.
Name of your printer: Enter the name of your printer. This way, it will be easy to search for your printer device on your wireless network. The name of the device is the model name by default.
IP address: Enter your printer’s IP address: The IP address is specifically needed for Wi-Fi Direct and not for the wireless network. You must use the default IP address i.e., 192.168.3.1
Network password: The network password is required for connecting your mobile phone to the printer device. You can do the network password configuration on your own or you can use the default network password.
Step 5: Select Save located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
Read Also: Can I Install Canon Printer Without Cd
Print Anything From Your Galaxy Phone
We keep everything on our phones these days, but sometimes its nice to have a physical copy. Your phone offers multiple ways to print emails, documents, or your favorite photos to share with your friends. Print wirelessly from your phone if you cant connect to a printer or use Samsung DeX if youre working on a presentation for school.
Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
Whether you are printing wirelessly or connecting to your printer with a cable, you will need to have the appropriate plugin apps on your phone. Installed plugins will be saved to your device and can be activated using the printing home screen.
Navigate to Settings, and then search for and select Printing. Tap Printing again to see your installed printer services, which can be turned on and off by tapping the switch next to each one. This screen is called the printing home screen.
To install a new printing service, tap to open the Google Play store. Select the correct plugin app for the printer you wish to use, and then tap Install.
You can search for nearby printers as well. From the printing home screen, tap Default Print Service, and then tap the switch to turn it on. A list of devices will populate. Add a printer using an IP address by tapping the More options icon , and then tapping Add printer.
Using A Bluetooth Printer
Note: If your printer has a screen, check it to see if you need to confirm the connection on the printer side.
Read Also: Hp Envy Printer Prints Blank Pages
What If Im Still Unable To Print
If your printer is not printing, it could be because it is not connected to the modem or because it is not being detected by your computer:
- Firstly, configure the network settings on your computer to see if you can see the printer.
- If you are unable to access the printer, restart both the modem and the printer.
- After restarting, check to see if your computer can see the printer.
- If youre still having issues, check the Help files on your computer or printer.
When The Samsung Printer Is Connected To The Network
Below are the steps that you need to carry out to connect your Samsung printer to Wi-Fi when your printer is connected to the network.
Step 1: Enter the IP address of your printer in your internet browser.
Step 2: Select the option of login given in the upper section of the display.
Step 3: After that, click on the tab of Settings and then go to Network Settings.
Step 4: Now, go to the left of your Display and then select the Wireless option. After that, you must turn on Wi-Fi Direct.
Step 5: Then, you need to enter the following details.
Name of the device: Enter the name of your printer. This will help you in searching for the device in your wireless network. The model name of the printer is the device name by default.
IP address: You also need to enter the IP address of your printer. This IP address is used particularly for Wi-Fi Direct and not for the network. You must use the local IP address, which is 22.214.171.124.
Network password: You need a network password for connecting your mobile phones to your printer device. You can do network password configuration on your own. You can also keep the password that is created by default.
Step 6: Now, save the changes by clicking on Apply.
When you turn on Wi-Fi Direct, then you need to need to download the Samsung mobile print app for printing from your mobile device.
Recommended Reading: Print From Iphone To Hp Wireless Printer
How To Connect Samsung Printer To Wifi
If you want to know how to connect a Samsung printer to Wi-Fi, then you have come to the right place. You can connect your Samsung printer to Wi-Fi using Wi-Fi direct. It is an easy peer-to-peer connection between a mobile device and a printer device.
Below are the 3 methods that you need to apply in order to enable Wi-Fi Direct.
- Using SyncThru web service when the printer is connected to the network
- Using Easy printer manager, when your printer is connected to a USB
- Using printer panel
Connect The Samsung Printer To Your Wi
Tip: For optimum performance, place your printer in close proximity to the Wifi modem and in line of sight.
If your Printer is equipped with a screen:
- On the screen of the printer, locate Settings and open Network Connection or Network Settings
- After you select Wireless Setup Wizard or Network Setup, the printer will automatically try to connect with a network.
- After choosing your Wifi network name , and entering your password located on the backside of your modem, or on a card or booklet in your Internet start-up kit.
Utilizing Wi-FI Protected Setup :
Some printers impart you with the option to establish a connection without typing in a network password, through WPS.
After pressing the WPS button on the modem for a couple of seconds. This will lead to the lights located on front of the modem to change when your printer is successfully connected to it.
Utilizing Wireless Direct
Some latest printers can establish a connection directly to your computer without the requirement of your modem:
- Choose Wireless or Wi-Fi Direct located on the printer
- Now choose the Wireless symbol on the device with which you want to establish connection.
- Select the printer from the array of networks, then type-in the password for the printer.
If your printer doesnt comprise of a screen:
You can utilize Wi-Fi Protected Setup or the printer’s setup wizard software.
Utilizing Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Just tap & hold the WPS button on your printer, till the lights on your modem change.
Read Also: Force Clear Print Queue
Follow These Simple Steps To Get Started:
First, download the software on your computer through the link in this article, then plug in your Samsung Wireless Printer. Next, open the installation file that you downloaded onto your computer and follow the instructions on screen until installation is completed.
Finally, turn off your device’s Wi-Fi connection so that it doesn’t interfere with installation of new firmware updates. Once you have installed everything correctly, go back into “Settings” on your phone or tablet and reconnect yourself to Wi-Fi.
Configure The Wireless Settings
note:While configuring the wireless settings for the printer, your computer might be disconnected from the Internet.
Figure : Wireless network security screen
Also Check: How To Setup Wireless Printer On Mac