Add Your Receipt Printer In The Retail Pos App
How To Add A Printer In Windows 10
Here’s how to add a printer in Windows 10
From speeding up your laptop’s boot time to customizing your action center, there are plenty of 10-minute tasks you can execute to improve the usability of your laptop. Installing a printer in Windows 10 is a painless task that gives you the ability to start printing immediately after a quick setup. Here’s how to add a in Windows 10.
One way to connect a printer to your PC is by USB cable, which makes it a local printer. You can also install a wireless printer or add a printer connected to another laptop or PC on your network. We’ll cover these scenarios below.
S To Connect The Printer To Devices
Now you have to connect your wireless printer to the devices that you are going to use to print wirelessly. You have to connect the printer to your PC, laptop, and mobile and Ill explain the procedure for all of them.
On Windows 10 PC & Laptops
- Step-1: Press the Windows + Q key to access the Search bar. Type Printer in it.
- Step-2: Now click on Printers & Scanners from the list of results.
- Step-3: Turn on the Printer if it is off.
- Step-4: Connect it to the WiFi Network.
- Step-5: Click on Add a printer or scanner option on the screen.
- Step-6: Choose the printer from the list and then click on Add device.
On Windows 8 and Older PC & Laptops
- Step-1: Press the Windows + R key to trigger the Run dialog box. Type Control Panel in it and hit Enter.
- Step-2: In the Control Panel, click on View Devices & Printers.
- Step-3: Now click on Add a Printer.
- Step-4: Choose the Printer you are trying to connect from the list and then click on Next.
- Step-5: Complete the Add Printer wizard by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step-1: Click on the Apple symbol and go to System Preferences.
- Step-2: Now click on Printers & Scanners.
- Step-3: Next, click on the Plus sign.
- Step-4: Click on the IP icon at the top and fill the necessary information in the new window.
- Step-5: Add the Printer by clicking on the;Add button.
On iPhone & iPad
Recommended Reading: Canon Pixma Ts3122 Manual
How To Accept A Card Payment
There are generally two ways to accept cards at a till point: via manual entry or automatically via a linked-up system. Both require a card reader of some sort a standalone terminal for manual entry or integrated terminal for a linked-up system. Regardless of terminal type, it will have to connect to the internet via a phone line by cable, WiFi or through a built-in SIM card.
POS screen where you register the customers items before processing the payment on the card machine.
A standalone card terminal is independent of the POS software or cash register where you register transactions through. There is no communication between a standalone terminal and the rest of your POS system. This means when youve tallied up the items to sell on the till screen or cash register, you have to then enter the total amount on the card machine keypad. The terminal will then connect with the card issuer, merchant bank and others to approve the transaction. Once approved, it will print a receipt if it has an inbuilt printer, or conform with a beep or message on its display that the payment was OK.
How Do I Configure My Epson Receipt Printer To Print Online Orders
EPSON is a popular brand name when it comes to receipt printers, and for good reason. They’re easy to set up, the hardware and printouts are good quality, they’re easy to maintain and they last a long time .
If you want to be able to print;Paytronix Order & Delivery;order notifications to your EPSON receipt printer, though, you need to utilize EPSON’s software, as the Windows automatic discovery and installation of your printer just won’t cut it. You need to download and install the EPSON Advanced Printer Driver , which we’re going to walk through in this article.
Also Check: How To Connect Brother Hl-2270dw Printer To Wifi
Installing The Epson Apd
The next step is to download and install the EPSON APD, which you can do by clicking here.
Since the download is in .zip format, you’ll need to extract the files before you can effectively run them. After extracting the files, double-click on the file named “APD_455dE.exe” to begin installation of the APD. You may encounter the below User Account Control popup:
If you do, click the Yes button to continue.
You’ll then be prompted with a “Welcome” window:
In the License Agreement window, click the option to accept the terms , then click Next:
In the following window, you’ll be prompted to select a setup type.;Stick with the “Minimum ” option, which is selected by default, and click the Next button:
You’ll then be presented with the Printer Configuration window:
The printers list will likely be blank, as shown above, and that’s perfectly okay. Click the Add button on the right side of the window, which will take you to the Add Printer window:
Now, let’s say your restaurant is rockin’ an EPSON TM-T88IV Receipt printer. Simply click on the “Select driver” dropdown and scroll to the “EPSON TM-T88IV Receipt” item in the list and click on it. Doing this will also populate the “Printer name” field with the same name .
*Note that there is a “Set as Default Printer” option in this window below the dropdowns. Only select this if you want your EPSON receipt printer to be the main unit for ALL print jobs at your location.
Before Installing The Ups Thermal Printer
UPS.com supports printing to several makes and models of thermal printers. To make sure you are using a compliant printer, please select the link below.
For Windows® users ;:; The following steps should be followed when setting up your thermal label printer for printing labels for UPS Internet or CampusShip shipping from a Windows PC:
For Mac® users or Windows Google Chrome users: The following steps should be followed when setting-up your thermal label printer for printing labels for UPS Internet or CampusShip shipping from a Mac:
Read Also: How To Restart Printer Spooler
Posprint Direct Print Features
- Aside from printing textthe; POSprint utility accepts certain macro commands thatallow you to print, the date, time or serial message ID.
- The POSprint utilityalso has the ability to issue Escape commands to utilize some ofthe enhanced functionality of the printer including formatting,paper handling and issuing extra printer features like kick outcommand for a cash drawer. Consult your printers detaileddocumentation for information on obtaining these commands.
- The POSprint utilityhas the ability to do a continuous print test where the printerwill continue to print the sample line. You can set the pause,in seconds, between the printing of the next line.
Point Of Sale Records Require Printers To Provide Receipts For Customers
I need to use the previous class and dll files for maintenance. When i try to print it prints out the postscript commands instead of the actual content. Shut down the computer to which you want to connect the pos printer, and then restart it. So i purchased an esc/pos thermal receipt printer that shows up on my machine as a texas instruments generic bulk device. Need help connecting your printer to your computer? Before you begin, confirm the ssid and the password . This will simplify your work load. How can i set up 2 printers to be connected to a pc? a: The first thing you need to. Wireless printers work over a network connection. In wno pos printer setting, choose printer connection star printer wifi/lan. We are sharing easiest way for it. By obeying the following methods, you can set up your printer right away.
If you thought connecting a mac computer to the network printer was easy, you’ll find it this is even easier still. How to print wirelessly from a windows 10, 8, or 7 laptop. Please help me to point out to continue working for that. Connect the printer to your computer using the usb cable and turn it on. Depending on what kind of connection you want, there’s going to be a distinct method on how to get it working.
Also Check: Why Does My Brother Printer Say Offline
Posprint Direct Connection Test
Purpose: Checks printer operation by means ofadirect connection through the interface. This test does not use theinstalled Windows drivers.
Note: If the Epson port service is running then ports may be locked and may not be accessible using thedirect connection method. You should turn off the Windows printspooler service whenrunning these tests .
Install The Zebra Browser Print Application
NOTE: If you don’t see items in your list, go to to build a label queue. The article also includes more information on other sections in your account where you can print labels to your Zebra ZD410 printer.
NOTE: If your computer’s default browser is not correct, copy and paste the URL into a tab in the browser you use with your Lightspeed Retail account .
Don’t Miss: Uncollated Printing
Installing Your Epson Printer
Now that you have installed the printer driver, you will need to install the printer itself, on your Mac.
1. Navigate to System Preferences and open Printers and Scanners.
2. Here, use the plus in the bottom left corner and click Add printer or Scanner.
This will open up a new window where you’ll need to put in some information.
3. Select IP along the top and follow the instructions below to fill out the form correctly:
Please ensure that ethernet cable is plugged at the back of your printer before continuing to print the IP address.
Address: This is where you need to put in your printer’s IP address. To find this you will need to switch the printer off and turn it back on, please wait 10-15 seconds until the network configuration slip is printed.
Protocol: Select Line Printer Daemon – LPD from the dropdown.
Queue: Leave this blank.
Name: This is an optional field but if you’d like to customize the name of your receipt put it in here.
Location: Leave this blank.
Use: Pick Select Software… from the drop-down. This will open up a new window.
4. Search for Epson in the top right, locate EPSON TM-m30;and click OK.
Once you’ve put in all this information click Add. Your printer should now be set up and ready to go!
Set The Printer To Default Printer
The app screen will display options for you to configure printer settings. Click to Windows Printer Queue Management to start setting the printer to default.
Click Add to add a new printer. Enter the name you want to distinguish this Printer.
Your new printer will appear in the list.
Now the printer is ready to use. Access to your POS and check out as normal. Complete the order and print receipt with this Star Printer.
And now youre done.
Express your love if this article is helpful.
Also Check: How Do I Find The Wps Pin For My Printer
Printing A Receipt On Hike Pos With Epson Tm
Now that your Epson TM-T88V Printer has been added to your list of printer devices you can now print receipts on it.
Simply draw up a sale on your Enter New Sale screen, and conduct the payment transaction as you would do normally.
Once you have completed the transaction, you will be given the option to either Email or Print the customer a receipt. Select Print.
Note: You can also test a print by looking at your Sales History Tab in Hike POS, and Printing a previous receipt.
This will take you to the Print Preview screen. If the TM-T88V is not your default printer, select Change from the Destination field, and select the correct printer from the list.
Ensure also that you have:
- Unticked Headers & Footers
- Set Paper Size to Roll Paper 80 x 297 mm
- Set Margins as None.
Note: If you set your paper size to Roll Paper 80 x 297 mm without disabling headers and footers, the printer may not auto-cut the printed receipt.
When done, print out a receipt to check whether its to your liking. Of course, if you want to change your receipt template, you can do so on Hike POS as well.
Posprint Serial Port Test
You May Like: Canon Pixma Mg2520 Scan To Computer
Install The Star Driver
When this download is complete, you need to install a driver like a normal application.
Extract the file > Go to folder Setup> Run file Setup.exe.
After installing, run the app named Printer Utility StarPRNT on your computer.
Here is the name of the software in your computer programs.;
Now youre done with the installation. Lets move to the next step.;
Installing Your Epson Tm
Once you have completed the installation of the driver, you will need to install the printer on your Windows PC so that it recognizes it.
Navigate to Program Files >EPSON>EPSON Advanced Printer Driver 5> and select PrinterReg.
Alternatively, you can just search for it on your computer by entering PrinterReg, using the Search Apps function.
Once this is open, you will be taken to the printer setup screen, where you need to put in the following information:
Model:;Choose Epson TM-T88V
Name:Port Type:Port:IP Address:;IP address which you saved earlier on
Once you have filled out the fields listed above, click Save Settings and another test receipt will print out to confirm that everything has been set up correctly.
Also Check: How To Connect Brother Hl-2270dw Printer To Wifi
What’s The Difference Between All These Ports
Excellent question! Let’s take a minute to go through them:;
- Parallel port: these port types have 25 connectors, or;”pins”, and are usually found on older model EPSON receipt printers. If your EPSON receipt printer plugs into a port on your computer that looks similar to the following screenshot, you would select the “Create a Parallel port” option for Port Type:
- Serial port: serial ports are also an older port type and consist of 9 pins. You would select the “Create a Serial port” option if the port you plug your EPSON printer into looks simiar to this:
- Ethernet port: an Ethernet port a little more common these days, and is used for connecting to networks. If your EPSON printer is using an Ethernet port, it won’t be plugged directly into your computer, but rather to a network router or switch. You’d select the “Create an Ethernet port” option if the port you’re plugging into looks like this:
- USB port: these are much more common, especially in the newer model EPSON receipt printers. You’ll find these port types on everything from smartphones to flash drives to, well…printers! Choose the “Create a USB port” option if the port you’re plugging into looks like this one: