Epson Printer Is Offline
Your Epson Printer may go offline unexpectedly and stop printing if there is a connection issue between your printer and computer. You will need to reconnect your printer to the internet so your printer can begin printing again. It is important to double-check your wireless printers network connection. You should also ensure your internet connection from your router is stable.
Check to see if your printers Wi-Fi indicator is on. When you have a wireless connection with your printer, unplug your routers power cable, wait a few minutes and then plug it back in. The printer and your computer should be connected again. If you are unable to print, restart your computer and try once more. If the wireless connection is not available, you may need to follow the process to reinstall the printer software.
Check The Printer Cables And Connections
When tech breaks, always start by checking the basics. Is your printer turned on, and is there paper in the input tray? Is there enough ink or toner? Are there any error messages or blinking lights on the control panel?
Next, assess your printer, cables, and ports for physical damage. Be sure your printer is connected to a power source and all wires are plugged in firmly. If you’re connected by cable, test it in all the ports on your device, and try a different one to be sure that cable isn’t the problem. If you’re connected by Wi-Fi, run a cable between your printer and computer to see if your printer is working. If it is, the issue could be your network connection.
Check Your Printer Connection
Check the computer-printer connection to see if it is a hardware problem. First, restart the printer by turning it off and on. Wait a short while until it is ready. If the printer is connected to the computer via a USB cable, ensure that the cable is properly connected at both ends.
Also, check that it is connected to a working USB port on the computer. If it uses a Wi-Fi connection, check if the printer is connected to your computer network. If the printer is connected via hard-wired network, ensure that the cable to the printer is connected correctly to the Ethernet port.
If there are no physical problems with the cables, USB ports, etc., this is likely a software problem. Proceed to the next step.
Recommended Reading: Hp Printer Black Ink Not Working Properly
Remove And Reinstall The Printer
If all else fails, you can remove the printer from your computer and then add it back.
To do this, press Windows key + I to open Settings. Go to Devices > Printers & scanners. Select your printer, click Remove device, then click Yes.
Next, click Add a printer or scanner. Follow the wizard through to connect the printer back to your computer.
How To Change Printer Status From Offline To Online In Windows 10
If you often use printers in your work, you may have noticed that that printers on Windows 10 can have both an online and an offline status. Note that when your printer goes offline, this doesnt mean its no longer connected to your PC. The reason your printer goes offline may be because an error has occurred during printing or because there is a problem with your driver. In short, your OS can change your printer status to offline if it detects an issue.
Naturally, if you want to use your printer, you will want its status to be online. So, in this post, we will give you the steps for changing your printer status from offline to online.
You May Like: Printer Ink Out Of Carpet
How To Scan On A Windows Computer
You can learn how to scan documents or photos from a USB or wirelessly-connected multifunction HP printer to a Windows computer by using the steps below. If the printer is not connected, get help setting it up through the USB Printer Setup for HP Printers document.
For wireless printer setup and connection, get help connecting the printer wirelessly.
Using Scanner Glass
Lift the scanner lid and load the item to scan on the scanner glass.
Place the item print side down on the scanner glass, and then position it according to the engraved guides along the edge of the glass .
Using Automatic Document Feeder
Place the item print into the document feeder tray. The print side faces up, and the top edge goes into the tray first.
Slide the item into the ADF until you hear a tone or see a message on the control panel display indicating that the loaded item is detected. Adjust the paper guides to fit the item.
- Open HP Scan software and follow the steps in the video:
Using Scanner Glass
Using Automatic Document Feeder
Why Is My Hp Printer Offline
You need to print an important document and a notification pops up that your HP printer is offline. Has this ever happened to you? What does this term mean? And, more importantly, how do you fix this problem?
This surprisingly common issue happens with many connected printers and can be resolved easily with a few steps. Learn how to get your printer working again quickly with these simple instructions.
Recommended Reading: How To Scan A Document With Canon Printer
Check Ipad And Printer Networks
The printer and iPad must be on the same network to print badges. Follow these steps to compare network names:
On the printer, use the and buttons to select WLAN > WLAN Status > Infrastructure Mode in the settings menu. Press .
Beside SSID, find the network name. This is the network the printer is connected to.
On your iPad
Go to Settings > Wifi
You will see the Network name under “Connected”.
If your iPad and printer are on different networks, youll need to determine which is correct. Then, change the iPad or printer network accordingly.
Its easier to change the iPads Wi-Fi network .
To change the printers network, youll need to walk through the setup steps again.
If the iPad has been recently updated to iOS 14 you need to make sure that “Local network” is enabled.
On the iPad go to Settings
Find Envoy visitors
Ensure that Local Network is toggled to the on position
Restart Print Spooler Service
Follow the steps below to Restart Print Spooler service and make sure it is set to Start Automatically.
1. Right-click on the Start button and click on Run.
2. In the Run command window, type services.msc and click on OK.
3. On the Services screen, right-click on Print Spooler and click on the Restart option.
Also, make sure Print Spooler service is set to Start Automatically. If it is not, double-click on Print Spooler and change the startup type to Automatic on the next screen.
You May Like: How To Print Address Labels On Canon Printer
Step B: Make Sure The Printer Is Connected To The Computer
- If using a USB cable, make sure the cable is connected to both the printer and computer. Try connecting it directly to the computer and not via a hub.
- If using an ethernet cable, make sure the cable is connected to both the printer and router/access point. Print the network configuration page to check the IP address.
- If using a wireless connection, print the network configuration page to check the IP address.
If the issue continues, go to STEP C.
Click Start> Devices and Printers.
If the check mark is not on your Brother machine, right-click the icon for your Brother machine and select Set as default printer.
Solution Four: Remove And Add The Printer
If the above solution has not worked, try removing the printer from the system and adding it again. It is a rather simple process. However, you may also be required to download some drivers and OEMs applications. Heres how to proceed:
- Disconnect the printer from your PC.
- Navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select Remove device.
Also Check: Sell Used Printer Cartridges
Make Printer Online Using Device Manager
If you prefer using Device manager, you can follow the steps below to make printer online on your Windows computer.
1. Right-click on the Start button and click on Device Manager option in the WinX menu.
2. On Device Manager Screen, click on the Action tab and select Devices and Printers option in the drop-down menu.
Note: If Devices and Printers option does not appear, retry again after sometime.
3. On Devices and Printers screen, right-click on the Offline Printer and select See whats printing option in the contextual menu.
4. On the next screen, select the Printer Tab and click on Use Printer Offline option to remove the check mark on this item.
5. Wait for the printer to come back online.
Once the printer comes back online, it should start printing whatever was in the print queue.
How To Fix Printer Offline In Mac
The main cause for printer to go offline in Mac is due to software incompatibility. The driver installed in the printer may have become outdated, corrupted or may have been infected with malware. Make sure that both your computer and printer have the latest edition of software and drivers installed. To troubleshoot and fix your printer offline issue on Mac, follow the below step by step guide.
Check for System Updates:
You May Like: Printers That Use 564 Cartridges
Other Important Factor Due To Which ‘hp Printer Shows Offline’
Whenever your HP printer says offline, always consider these factors-
- In case of a wireless connection, always ensure that you printer and computer are on same Wi-Fi network. To know more about connecting your HP printer to wireless network, .
- Once the HP printer is configured in the computer, always reboot your system so that the settings of HP printer can be saved.
- Paper jams, low ink levels, voltage fluctuations, lack of compatibility are other reasons that may cause your printer to go offline.
Solution Two: Change Your Printer Status
- Go to Windows Settings: on your keyboard, press the Win + I key combo.
- Navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer that is coming up as offline.
- Now, click Open Queue.
- In the Print Queue window, choose Printer Offline.
- You will see a message that says: This action will change the printer from offline to online.
- Once you click Confirm, the status of your printer will be changed to online.
- In order for this to happen, you may need to first clear the print queue. The reason your printer has gone offline may be related to a print job it could not complete.
- Once you have changed your printers status to online, it should now be working properly.
If this solution has not worked, proceed to the next one.
Read Also: Wps Pin Hp Envy
Remove And Add Printer
If above methods did not help, follow the steps below to first remove the Printer from your computer and add it back.
1. Go to Settings> Devices.
2. On the next screen, click on Printers & Scanners in the left-pane. In the right-pane, select your Printer and click on Remove Device button.
3. Restart the Printer> Go to Settings> Devices.
4. On the next screen, click on Printers & Scanners in the left-pane. In the right-pane, click on Add a printer or scanner option.
5. Once the Printer is discovered by Windows 10, select the Printer and click on Add device button.
Now, you should find the printer being online and you should be able to printer, without encountering Printer is Offline error message.
Updating Printer’s Ip Address
A network printer frequently changes its IP address due to security reasons. In most of the cases the default IP address in your system is automatically updated with the new one, yet it is recommended to check your printer configuration to strike out this cause.
If you are using Windows operating system, select Printer properties after clicking on the desired printer from the list. Click on the Ports tab and select Configure port. This will show you the current IP address of your printer. Make sure that the IP address of the printer is correctly added, if not, you can edit and add the correct address of your printer.
For Mac users, select System Preferences by clicking on the Apple icon menu. Choose the option Printers & Scanners and then click on Options & Supplies
Don’t Miss: How Do I Make My Hp Printer Online
Get Hints From The Printers Status Light
Windows will label your printer Offline if theres a problem with the device. One easy way to tell if theres an issue with your printer is to check its status lights. For instance, if the Wi-Fi light on a wireless printer flashes red, theres most likely a problem with the Wi-Fi connection.
Status lights could also indicate other issues like firmware update failure or jammed paper in the cassette. Refer to your printers instruction manual or the manufacturers website to learn more about its status light indicators.
Run The Printer Troubleshooter
If you still havent found a fix to get your printer online, let the Printer Troubleshooter help you out. Its a built-in tool that finds and fixes printing-related problems on Windows devices.
The tool will check the Spooler service and print queue for errors, examine your network printers configuration, and run other troubleshooting checks. If it diagnoses any problem with the affected printer, itll recommend the appropriate solutions.
Don’t Miss: Uses Of Inkjet Printer
Fix 2 Use Printer Offline Setting
The second method is to close the “Use Printer Offline” setting. If this setting is enabled, your printer is unable to print. Follow the steps below to turn off this selection:
Step 1: Press “Windows + I” keys to open Settings window and then choose Devices.
Step 2: Choose Printers & scanners tab and then select a printer device. Click on this printer device and choose Open queue.
Step 3: In the new window, click Printer and uncheck Use Printer Offline.
Recommended: To Repair Printer Offline Errors Use This Software Package Advanced System Repair This Repair Tool Has Been Proven To Identify And Fix These Errors And Other Windows Problems With Very High Efficiency
Printer Offline Errors and other critical malfunctions can arise when the Windows operating system becomes overloaded with invalid system references, as well as corrupted and deleted registry files. These problems commonly occur due to a lack of regular PC maintenance. As a computer operating system gets older, errors and crashes start to become more frequent and problematic.
Our recommended solution is to . This tool has been designed to diagnose and repair various Windows issues while simultaneously increasing system performance, optimizing memory, improving security and fine tuning your PC for maximum reliability.
Recommended Reading: Delete Printing Queue
I: Delete All The Pending Print Jobs
If some pending print jobs within the print queues get corrupted somehow, then there is a possibility for you to meet with this problem. The best answer to resolve this issue is to remove all the stuck print jobs. To do that, follow the steps below.
- First, press the combination of Windows + R keys together. This opens a new dialog box having the name Run will come up.
- Within that dialog box, type in the text control panel on the empty area beside the label Open: and then, tap on the OK button.
- As soon as you do that, then a new Control Panel window will come up. Inside that window, find and choose the Hardware and Sound category. Now, a new page will appear, in it, locate and select the Devices and Printers option.
- Next, another page will come up, where go to the Printers and Faxes section. Under that section, locate the Epson printer that you have and right-click on it.
- Now, from the popup menu that appears, find and click the See whats printing option.
- At this time, a new window with a list full of print jobs will appear. Within that window, navigate to the menu bar and choose the Printer option. From the drop-down list, choose the Cancel All Documents option.
- At last, tap on the Yes button, when the confirmation box comes up.
Why Wont My Phone Connect To My Printer
Restart your printer, router, and mobile device
Restart all devices to clear network and hardware error states. Disconnect the power cable from the router, wait ten seconds, reconnect the cable, and then wait for the internet connection to complete. Turn off your phone or tablet, and then turn it on again.
Read Also: How To Connect Macbook To Printer
How To Connect A Printer To A Windows 10 Computer
Youve got yourself a new computer with a Windows 10 OS, or perhaps you recently updated or reformatted your machine with Windows latest operating system. Whatever the case, you now find yourself at a loss on how to connect a printer to your computer. Dont worry. This guide will smooth out the whole process for you.