Hp Laserjet Pro 400 Printer M401dw
Up to 35 ppm Blackm1
Do more with your workday. Set up anywhere in the office using built-in wireless networking,h1 and share printing resources on a network. Print on the go with mobile printing options. Use business apps to access and print from the Web.h3
Stay connected and productive. Set up anywhere in the office using wireless networking.h1 Share printing resources on a network. Print from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint.h2 Get automatic two-sided printing and fast print speeds.
Web-connected convenienceget access to business apps for easy printing from the color touchscreen.h3 Print from the easy-access USB port, and control your environment with management tools.
Print professional-quality documents for a great valuetime and again. Produce crisp text and sharp images, and get up to a 3000-page recommended monthly page volume. Save money by saving energy, and save time with easy-to-install toner cartridges.
Reduce your environmental impact. Save energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology,h4 and save paper with automatic two-sided printing. Trust HP for free, convenient recycling, and conserve resources with reduced packaging.
Black: As fast as 8 sec
Allows you to print on both sides of the page, cutting your paper use by up to 50%.
Add this device to your office Ethernet network to share with your workgroup.
Yes, built-in WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Wireless direct printing
Manage jobs directly at the MFP, using the HP color touchscreen.
Add A Bluetooth Printer
If your Mac came with Bluetooth installed, or if you are using a USB Bluetooth adapter, you can print wirelessly to a Bluetooth-enabled printer.
On your Mac, update your software: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Software Update, then install any software updates listed. Even if no updates appear, this ensures that macOS has the latest information about printer software it can download from Apple. If you dont do this, you may see a message that software isnt available when you connect your printer.
If you have an AirPrint printer, you dont need to check for software updates.
Prepare your printer: Use the instructions that came with your printer to unpack the printer, install ink or toner, and add paper. Turn on the printer and make sure its not displaying any errors.
Connect your printer: Follow the instructions that came with your printer to make sure its ready to connect with Bluetooth.
Add your Bluetooth printer to your printer list: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners. Click the Add button , then click the Default button .
Select the printer in the Printers list, then click Add. If the printer you expect to see is not in the list, enter its name in the search field, and press Return.
If your printer doesnt appear in the list, make sure you have the latest Bluetooth driver for the printer installed. Check with the manufacturer for the latest driver.
Hp Laserjet P1102w Download Driver And Installation Guide:
Follow the steps below to complete the HP LaserJet p1102w driver download:
- Switch on your computer and your HP LaserJet P1102w printer
- Find out the operating system of your computer, i.e., iOS or Windows
- You can choose to download the driver through 2 ways:
Method 1: Driver installation through the Setup File
- Visit the official HP website to download the driver
- Once the setup file is ready, start to run the file
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download
- Make sure to connect the USB cable to your HP LaserJet p1102w printer and your computer once instructed
- Wait for a few seconds and make sure to connect your printer to your PC
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download
- Enter all the details into the wizard and complete the installation process
- Print out a test page
Method 2: Through the CD or DVD Drive
- Make sure that you have the correct CD or DVD driver for your HP LaserJet p1102w printer
- Insert the setup CD into your computer or PC CD drive
- Start to Run the CD on your computer or PC
- Run the setup file and follow the installation wizard
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Make sure to connect the USB cable to your HP LaserJet p1102w on your computer once instructed
- Wait for a few seconds till the connection between your PC and your HP LaserJet p1102w printer is successful
- Enter all the details into the wizard and finish the installation process
- Print out a test page
You May Like: How To Add Printer To Dell Laptop
Hp Laserjet P1102w Wireless Setup On Mac And Windows:
Follow the steps given below to learn how to setup wireless printer HP LaserJet p1102w:
- Turn on your HP LaserJet p1102w printer
- Make sure to be aware of all necessary details such as network name password and check if your computer and router are turned on
- You must ensure that your computer and printer need to be connected to the same wireless network
- Connect your HP LaserJet printer to the wireless network
- Tap on the wireless icon on your printer Control Panel
- Tap on the setup option on the Control Panel
- Go to the wireless settings
- Go to the wireless set up wizard from your wireless settings
- Select your preferred network name from the list of available wireless networks
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Provide the WEP or WPA key or the password for your wireless network
- Tap on OK to complete your wireless connection
Setting Up The Printer On A Wireless Network
note:If you do not know your network name and password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password.
You May Like: Where Is The Wps Pin On My Printer
How Do I Use My Hp Printer
HP DeskJet 2130, 2300 Printers First Time Printer Setup
Setup Hp Printer Wifi Password Default
You have to review the settings for WiFi Direct and then create your all-new password while also being able to change the name of the printer via the EWS of the printer itself. Here are the steps that have to be followed in this regard :
- You can press the WiFi Direct symbol in case of printers which have touch screen control panel displays. You can press the Settings symbol for turning this feature on or off and also change your connection method to make sure that it needs a password which is Manual or does not require one which is the Automatic mode.
- For printers which do not have touch screens, you can easily print WiFi Direct reports that have all the information that you need. In case there is an information button on the printer, this can be pressed for getting the report that you require. You can also press the Start and Copy buttons together for other HP printers or keep holding the Resume button upon pressing it for printing the report.
These are some of the steps to be followed for setting up your new WiFi password.
Read Also: Canon Mg2922 Won’t Connect To Wifi
Update Your Drivers And Firmware
As with all technology, it helps to begin your troubleshooting journey by updating all the relevant software. Head to your printer manufacturer’s websitewhether it’s HP, Brother, or someone elseand search for your printer’s model number in the support section.
Download and install the latest driver, software package, and/or firmware update to ensure every link in the chain is as up-to-date as possible. If you’re having connection issues, it’s possible one of those updates fixed it somewhere along the line since you bought the printer.
Hp Laserjet P1102w Wireless Setup Mac
Follow the step given below to complete your HP LaserJet p1102w wireless setup Mac:
- Switch on your Hp LaserJet printer and your Mac device
- Select the settings options on the control panel
- After the settings window opens, choose the wireless icon
- Tap on the wireless set up wizard from the wireless settings
- Switch on your wireless network and ensure it has an active network
- Choose your preferred wireless network from the wireless settings
- Enter the password for your wireless network
- Ensure that the connection is verified and has been connected successfully
- Print a network report page to establish the connection
Recommended Reading: Why Is My Black Ink Not Working On My Hp Printer
Network Connection Via A Host Computer
Connect the USB cable to the printer and a free port on your computer.
Wait for Windows to automatically detect, locate and install the drivers necessary to operate the printer. If prompted, insert the software disc that shipped with the printer into your computer’s CD drive, and then click the “Yes” button when prompted to install and launch the setup software. In most cases, Windows automatically finds and installs the necessary drivers.
Type “network” in the Search box, and then click “Network and Sharing Center” in the main pane.
Right-click the laser printer you want to share, and then select “Printer properties” in the context menu.
Hp Laserjet P1102w Wireless Setup Without Cd
Follow and perform the below steps for HP Laserjet P1102W wireless setup without CD-
To setup HP Laserjet P1102W, first you need to download the drivers according to your device on which you will be using this Printer.
Download the drivers from the below link mentioned and after downloading the driver. You will be able to perform HP LaserJet P1102W wireless setup.
Now, click on the drivers that you have download and it will take some time to download the drivers.
Now when you clicked on the link, you will see a download has started. After downloading the drivers, try to install it First.
Don’t Miss: How To Scan A Paper On A Printer To A Computer
Touchscreen Control Panel With White Background
Follow these steps for wireless printer models that have a touchscreen control panel with a white background :
Touchscreen with white background
From the Home screen on the printer control panel, swipe the tab at the top of the screen downward to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Wi-Fi Direct icon .
If Wi-Fi Direct is set to Off, touch the switch to turn it on.
Download The Required Software
Your printer is now connected. It’s time to install the right software on your PC or laptop. Are you using the included CD? Insert it. Not using the CD? Go to 123.hp.com/laserjet and click the download button. You can also download this file from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/printers.
Note: does your printer have an email-to-print functionality? It’s possible your printer automatically prints a code to configure this. Don’t worry about this. It’s custom. You can follow the instructions on that sheet or skip it. It’s not required.
Also Check: How To Set Up Airprint On Epson Printer
Connect Your Hp Printer Without A Router
Actually, you dont need an Internet connection to finish your print job. Wi-Fi Direct and HP Wireless Direct allow you to print documents directly from your smartphones, tablets, or computer. All you need is to connect your device to the printers HP WiFi just like any other wireless network.
Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct?
Both features enable your devices to connect your printer directly, but there are certain differences between them. For instance, Wi-Fi Direct allows your devices to maintain an Internet connection simultaneously. However, you cant get access to the network with HP Wireless Direct.
How to connect to Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct?
- Step 1: Turn on HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct from the printers control panel. On the printer control panel, touch the HP wireless direct icon, or navigate to the Network Setup or Wireless Settings menu and touch Wireless Direct, and then turn on the connection.
- Step 2: On your computer or mobile devices, connect to Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct the same way you would for any other wireless network.
Note:Wi-Fi Direct:HP Wireless Direct:
- Step 3: Youll be prompted for a WPA2 password if youre using Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct on security.
How To Setup Hp Printer Wifi Password Default
If you were thinking deeply about how to setup HP Printer WiFi password then you should definitely keep the below information in mind. Any task related to how to setup HP Printer WiFi password should certainly cover only those HP printers which have wireless functionality and make use of WiFi Direct if they are not linking via local WiFi networks.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Canon Mg2522 Printer To Wifi
Open The Embedded Web Server And Configure The Wi
Learn how to open the Embedded Web Server and configure the Wi-Fi Direct settings.
Open the Embedded Web Server:
On your computer, open a Web browser, and in the address bar, type the IP address or host name exactly as it displayed on the printer control panel.
Example of an IP address in the browser address bar
Press Enter on the computer keyboard.
If the browser displays a message indicating that accessing the website might not be safe, select the option to continue to the website. Accessing the website will not harm the computer.
The EWS opens.
On the EWS Home page, click the Home tab, and then click Wi-Fi Direct.
On the Wi-Fi Direct page, adjust the connection type and change the Wi-Fi Direct printer name, as desired.
Connect Power Cable And Turn On The Product
caution:Make sure your power source is adequate for the product voltage rating. The voltage rating is on the product label. The product uses either 100-127 Vac or 220-240 Vac and 50/60 Hz.
note:After you install the software, more advanced setup is available by using the HP Device Toolbox .
Figure : Control panel product configuration M401n
note:If you plan to use the product on a network, save these pages. The Jetdirect page contains the product IP address.
Figure : Jetdirect page
Don’t Miss: How Do I Scan From My Printer To Computer
Connect The Printer With The Wireless Setup Wizard
Use the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer control panel to connect your printer to your local Wi-Fi network.
Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.
Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer.
Select Wireless Setup Wizard from the Wireless, Settings, or Network Setup menu.
Select Language And Country
If you switch on the printer, it automatically starts to initialize. Select the language you want to use and the country the printer is located in. Choose self-managed if you want the standard settings or IT managed if an IT expert is going to adjust the settings. For general use, we recommend self-management.
The printer is switched on on, but it’s not yet connected to a computer. We’ll explain how to connect the printer in the following steps. First, choose how you want to connect the printer. Do you prefer to connect the printer:
- wirelessly via WiFi? Read step 2.1.
- via a network cable? Read step 2.2.
- via a USB cable? Read step 2.3
Recommended Reading: How To Turn Printer Online Windows 10
Gather Necessary Requisites Before Installation
Prior to getting started with the software installation and connecting your printer device to the wireless network, you first need to make sure that you have all the necessary things for setting up your wireless network.
a) The items that you need to gather up are as follows.
- Network name: SSID name
- A wireless capable printer
- A USB wire
b) Please ensure that your computer, router and printer are powered on and your PC is on the same wireless network to which your HP Laserjet printer is connected.
c) Set up your printer device, install cartridges and load the stack of paper in the input tray. In order to get further information, you need to visit the support page of HP. Also, you need to select First Time Printer Setup and then select enter and then choose the documents from the list appearing before you.
d) Disconnect Ethernet or USB wires from your printer device.
Plug The Printer Into Your Router Directly
If you’re flexible about where you store your printer, your best bet is to remove it from the Wi-Fi network entirely and hard-wire it to your router. Connecting it with a wire may not solve all your problems, but it will ensure its connection to the network is much more stable, lessening the number of troubleshooting steps you have to go through every time.
If you have Ethernet in your home, try connecting it to the network that wayyou may find an Ethernet jack hidden somewhere on your printer . If you don’t have Ethernet in the house, this is one area where powerline adapters can come in handy.
Recommended Reading: What Epson Printer Uses 202 Ink