Connect Your Canon Printer To Wi
Once you go through the following noted steps, you can effort-freely connect your Canon printer to your Wi-Fi. Hence, lets start doing the same:
- First, turn your Canon printer ON by pressing the Power button
- Next, click on Settings option, press the arrow button and once you get the Device Settings option, press OK
- Now, tap on arrow button until you see LAN Settings. Once you find it, click on OK tab
- Then after, press the arrow button until you go to wireless LAN setup. Now, click OK
- After doing this, the printer will start searching for the Wi-Fi network, in the meanwhile the light will be flashing
- If the searching process takes more time, then you can click on Stop button. Doing this will move to Wireless LAN setup, standard setup. Now, press OK
- After that, enter your password for the Wi-Fi and then press OK
- Once again tap OK button if the screen says connected
Smart Device Hookup Method
To perform a wireless hookup between your Canon printer and your wireless network, youll need to use a wireless device. If a computer is used, its necessary to download the software installer to send the wireless network information to the printer without a direct cable hookup.
If a smart device such as a smartphone is being used to connect the printer to the wireless network, users can download the free app to connect the wireless Canon printer through either an iOS or an Android device:
- For iOS devices, the SELPHY app is used.
- For Android devices, the Canon Print Inkjet app is used.
How To Connect A Printer To A Laptop Wirelessly
After the printer has access to the Wi-Fi network, add the wireless printer to your laptop.
Power on the printer.
Open the Windows Search text box and type printer.
Select Printers & Scanners.
In the Settings window, select Add a printer or scanner.
Select your printer.
Select Add device.
Wait while Windows sets up the necessary drivers and adds the printer to the laptop.
Windows might prompt you to install additional software. If so, select Get app to download and install the software from the Microsoft Store.
When the setup is complete, the laptop prints to the wireless printer without being connected to the printer with a USB or printer cable.
If Windows didnt recognize the printer, go back to Printers & Scanners.
If Windows is unable to find the printer, make sure the laptop and printer are using the same network. If you use a Wi-Fi Range Extender, the extended area is a second network.
Select Add a printer or scanner.
Select The printer that I want isnt listed.
In the Add Printer box, select Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer and choose Next.
Select the wireless printer and choose Next.
Close the Settings when youre finished.
Read Also: Setting Up Wireless Printer Brother
How Do I Connect My Canon Printer To My Computer Via Wireless Network
Though you might find wirelessly connecting the device a little trickier, it is actually smoother than the rest of the ways. If you dont know how to connect Cannon Printer to a computer via wireless network, make sure that you have followed the detailed steps that are mentioned here:
- Once the device is ready for configuration, connect it to your home Wi-Fi network
- You will get the notification about the available networks on the LCD screen of the printer
- Now, you need to located the home network SSID
- To find the SSID, you can hover your mouse to the Wi-Fi icon, located at the bottom of the screen
- Alternatively, you can also find the SSID at the bottom of ISPs router
- While selecting the SSID, enter the network password
- Once the password has been entered, the network would be ready for all printing activities
- You will see a gear icon at the left-most corner.
- You need to click on the option for labeled devices
- You have to click on Add Printer and Scanner
- Printer will start to scan the device, and within a few seconds you will see the name of the printer pops up on your screen. Click on it.
How Do I Connect My Canon Pixma Printer To Laptop?
If you want to know how to connect Canon Pixma Printer to a computer or laptop, the steps are almost similar. However, we have specifically given the steps below for your help.
S To Connect Macbook Air To Canon Wireless Printer
Before you start following the steps, make sure that some minor differences exist on different Mac OS systems. Users have to do it accordingly for OS X 10.7, OS X 10.5 or the OS X 10.6. Here, the steps are given for the latest OS X 10.8.
Make sure the wireless printer that you want to connect with the Mac Air is turned on, and you have a strong internet connection before starting the process.
Step 1: Go to Apple Menu> System Preferences
Step 2: The System Preferences window opens and you have to double-click on Print & Scan.
Step 3: As the Print & Scan window opens, click on the Plus Sign at the left side corner to add the printer
Step 4: A fresh window will open where you have to click on the Default tab to select the printer automatically. If you dont find the name there, you have to do it manually by clicking on the IP tab.
Now click on the IP button located at the top after the Default button for filling up the information about the printer you wish to add. There, a list of printers is provided from which you need to select the device. This applies only if the name of the printer does not appear automatically. In this case, it will be your Canon printer that you will select.
Step 5: Finally, click on the Add button and the printer will appear on your list.
Thats your Canon to your Mac Air seamlessly. You can easily connect these devices through your Wi-Fi connection. What are you waiting for? Try it now and start printing from your Mac Air with aplomb!
Don’t Miss: Hp Ink Levels Symbols
How Do I Connect My Canon Printer To My Laptop Via Bluetooth
How To Install Canon Wireless Printer
This article was written by Jack Lloyd. Jack Lloyd is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. He has over two years of experience writing and editing technology-related articles. He is technology enthusiast and an English teacher.The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 542,745 times.
This wikiHow teaches you how to connect and set up a Canon wireless printer on your Windows or Mac computer. You can do this either by connecting over the Internet, or by attaching your printer to your computer via a USB cable and allowing the printer to install and connect itself.
You May Like: Bring Hp Printer Online
How To Connect The Wireless Printer To Your Wi
Wireless printers work over a network connection. If you use the printer at home, this would be your wireless internet connection. If you work in an office, its your office network.
The directions for connecting your wireless printer to your Wi-Fi network vary depending on the manufacturer. So, before you begin, read the printer manual and follow the manufacturer directions to connect the printer to a Wi-Fi network.
Some printer manufacturers supply a software wizard that automates the process of connecting the printer to a Wi-Fi network.
Connecting Canon Pixma Mg2522 Printer To Wi
- First and foremost, you have to ensure the connection of your Canon Pixma mg2522 printer to the main power outlet. In this case, you would need to have a USB cable.
- You have to connect one end of the cable with the printer and the other one into the power outlet.
- Next, you have to switch on the plug and turn on your printer.
- Your next move is about pressing the wireless connect option.
- Touching the wireless connect option would allow your printer to search for wireless networks available in the vicinity.
- Your screen will show up the list of available wireless networks, and you have to choose your network and insert the pass key to connect your printer to that particular network.
- If you have followed the steps mentioned above correctly, you will see that your printer will start working on a Wi-Fi connection. Rest assured!
Also Check: Why Wont Printer Print
How Do I Connect My Wireless Printer To My Computer Wirelessly
How to connect your printer Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q. Type in printer. Source: Windows Central. Select Printers & Scanners. Turn on the printer. Refer to the manual to connect it to your Wi-Fi network. Hit Add a printer or scanner. Select the printer from the results. Click Add device.
Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup Using The Standard Connection Method
1) Press the Power button of the printer to switch it on. 2) Go to the Control Panel of the printer and press the Home button. 3) Choose the WLAN Setup option using the up and down arrow keys. 4) Press the Function button accessible on the left side of the Control Panel. 5) The Wi-Fi lamp will blink in blue color after establishing the connection. 6) Now, the Canon Printer will start to search its nearby available Access points. 7) Press and hold the Stop/Reset button for a short time. 8) Select the Standard Setup option and press the OK button. 9) The Canon Printer will search its nearby available wireless networks. 10) Choose the Access point using the arrow keys and then press OK. 11) Press the Left Function button to start the searching again if you are unable to find your wireless network. 12) Enter the Network Key of your wireless network. Ensure to enter the correct Network Key because it is case-sensitive. 13) Press done after entering the Network Key. 14) To complete the Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup process, press the Left Function button accessible on the Control Panel of the Canon Printer.
Also Read :-
Do All Printers Work With All Laptops
The vast majority of modern printers use a USB connection, which can also be found on nearly all computers. Many printers have a USB Type B socket, which is square rather than the rectangular Type A socket found on most computers, but compatible cables known as USB A-B are widely and cheaply available.
How Do I Connect My Laptop To My Canon Printer Wirelessly
The Wi-Fi light should flicker once if you hold down the switch on the top of the printer. In step two of the procedure, the WiFi button lights the lamp next to it. Select the WPS button within the next two minutes and go to the access point. During the connection between laptop and printer, Wi-Fi lamps and power will be turned off.
Don’t Miss: Where Is The Wps Pin On Hp Printer
Standard Connection Method For Windows Users
If your access point does not support the WPS feature, use the following instructions to set your printer up on your wireless network.If you do not have the CD that came with your product, please .
Step 11. When the initial screen appears click on .
Step 22. The software will check to see if there are any updates to the driver and software, and will download them as necessary, this make take a few minutes.
3. Select your region and country, then click on .
4. If you accept the terms of the license agreement, click .
Step 55. If you would like to take part in the Extended Survey Program, click , otherwise click .
6. To Allow All Install Wizard Processes, click .
7. Select , then click .
8. Select , then click .
9. Ensure your printer is powered on, then click .
Step 1010. The software will search for any printers already setup on your network.Detection may take some time, so please be patient while the software searches for a printer.
Step 1111. If you have already connected your printer to your network, select it from the list within the Printers on the Network List window and click to start the software installation, then proceed to step 17. If this is the first time you are setting up your printer it will not be displayed on the list, so please continue to step 12.
Step 1212. Ensure Setting printer could not be found on the list is selected, then click .
13. The following screen will briefly appear.
16. Once the setup is complete, click .
Why Wont My Canon Printer Connect To My Laptop
You may not be able to connect to Wi-Fi on a canon printer due to a variety of factors. To resolve the issue, you must update the printer driver. If the problem persists, the printer and drivers may need to be uninstalled and reinstalled. Check for network issues or as a last resort, the printer and drivers may need to be reinstalled.
Recommended Reading: How To Stop Printing On Computer
Connecting Device To Printer
Before connecting a computer to the printer and start printing with the method below, complete setup for wireless LAN using the Setup CD-ROM or from our website .
Turn on wireless communication on your computer or smartphone.
For Android or iOS, enable “Wi-Fi” on your device’s “Setting” menu.For more on the procedure, refer to device’s instruction manual.
Select “XXXXXX-iP110series” from SSID list displayed on device.
The printer serial number is specified as a default password.It is printed on the sticker attached on the printer rear and consists of 9 alphanumeric characters .
What To Do If Printer Is Not Working Well
If your Canon printer acts a bit weird, then:
- Any error notifications pop-up randomly during the print job
- It stops responding and even wont print anything else
When you come across with any of these situations, then the possibilities are due to having an outdated or corrupt printer driver. So, if you update your printer driver immediately and see it fixes your problem. From the official manufacturing website, you can download and install an updated printer driver.
Don’t Miss: Hp Ink Cartridge Trick
How Do I Connect My Canon Wireless Printer To My Laptop
Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer-top till the lamp flashes once. Step 2: The lamp next to the WiFi button also flashes blue. After this, go to the access point and press the WPS button within two minutes. As the connection between laptop and printer appears, flashing of Wi-Fi lamps and power will stop.
How To Connect Canon Printer To Laptop With Usb Cable
Lets make communication between the two ends by connecting a Canon printer to the laptop using a USB cable.
Step 1: Turn the Canon printer off.
Step 2: Insert the USB cables one end to the printer and the other to the laptop.
Step 3: Turn on the printer.
Step 4: Now click the Windows Start button and go to Control Panel. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices & Printer > Add a Printer > Local Printer. Select the printer port for the required connection.
Step 5: Locate the Canon printer option in the driver window and select the model. For example, if you are looking for how to connect a Canon Pixma MX490 to a laptop, select the name.
Step 6: Select Next after giving the printer a name.
Step 7: Now choose if you want to share the printer with other devices, select Next.
Step 8: Decide if you want to set up your printer as a Default. Select Next.
And its done!
Recommended Reading: How To Get Canon Printer Online Windows 10
Canon Pixma Mg2922 Setup Wireless For Windows
- Make sure that you have done the initial printer setup correctly.
- Switch on your printer to begin the Canon Pixma MG2922 setup wireless for windows process.
- Keep holding the Wireless button until the amber alarm light starts to flash.
- Press the routers WPS button while the amber alarm light is blinking.
- If the wireless light becomes steady, then it means the printer is connected to the wireless network successfully.
- Now, insert the Canon Pixma MG2922 printer installation CD into your computer.
- If you have lost the installation CD, then you can download the print driver from the official site of the printer. Contact our techies to know how to connect Canon Pixma Mg2922 to WiFi.
- Go to the Canon printer manufacturers site and download the print driver from it.
- To install the print driver on your Windows, follow the steps given below.
- Open the downloaded Canon Pixma MG2922 driver on your Windows.
- On the first screen of the installer, click Next.
- Select the Connection method as Access Point connection and click the Next button.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
- Align the printhead and click the Execute button to get the printhead alignment page.
- Click the Next button on the Setup Complete page.
- After finishing the installation process, try a test print on your printer. Follow the above steps to know how to connect Canon Pixma MG2922 to WiFi.
Where Is The Wps Button On My Router
Are you one of those who want to find out the WPS button on the router? Are you completely unable to do so? To find it out, you should move to the front or back panel of your wireless router. However, most of the routers dont have a WPS function and you need to use different technology to the connection. Once you press the button, it starts discovering the wireless printer you want to connect. When it is in connection state, the light on WPS will turn off.
Also Check: Why Is My Printer Printing Blank Pages Hp