What To Do If Your Printer Is Not Working Properly
If your Canon printer acts a bit weird, say:
- error notifications pop up randomly
- it wont even print at all, etc.
chances are you have the outdated or corrupt printer driver. So you should update your printer driver to see if it fixes your problem. If you dont have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You dont need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you dont need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you dont need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps :
1) and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system .
4) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
5) Check to see if the printing is up and running.
Hopefully you have successfully connected your Canon printer to the WiFi network by now. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, please let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!
How Do I Connect My Canon Printer To Wifi
If your wireless router has a push-button for WPS, thats the easiest way: turn on the Canon printer and the WiFi button on it, then wait for two minutes. After that, click the WPS button on the router. If WPS is not an option, you can go for a standard connection to connect your Canon printer to WiFi: choose Devices and Printers from the Control Panel, hit Add printer, then Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer.
Connect Canon Mx492 Printer To Wifi On Mac
The initial steps for connecting your Canon printer to Wi-Fi on Mac are more or less the same as mentioned above for Windows. You have to navigate to the official Canons website, type in your printers model, and download the printer software. However, the rest of the steps that vary are as under
- Once you have downloaded the file, you have to click on the saved file and click twice on the Setup icon.
- Please click on the next button.
- A box will appear, in which you have to insert the administrator name and password.
- Next, click on the install helper option.
- Continuing with the process, you will have to select the printer connection method please click on the Wireless LAN connection option. Then, click on next.
- Next, you have to choose your Wireless LAN connection method and select connect via wireless router.
- Next, you have to click on the Cable-less setup option and click on next.
- You will see add printer option on your screen, where you will have to choose the Canon xxx series Canon IJ Network and press the add button.
- Once the Setup completes, please click on next.
- Lastly, please click on the exit to finish the entire process.
Also Check: How Do I Add A Wireless Printer To My Mac
Printing Directly From Your Phone Or Tablet
We know this goes without saying, but cellphones and tablets are becoming our very best friends. Printing the data stored on them holiday photos or important documents used to be a hassle, but if you know how to connect your iPhone to your Canon printer via WiFi, it couldnt be easier. If youre still debating the merits of Android vs. iPhone, this article wont make it any easier both allow wireless printing, and well walk you through the process of setting it up on both.
3D printing technology is much more complicated to set up, but here were thankfully only focusing on state-of-the-art regular printers. As such, connecting a portable device with a printer using a wireless connection shouldnt be a big issue. However, we want to help those who are still wondering how to connect a Canon printer to WiFi on their phone, so heres how it goes.
Simply download the Canon PRINT Inkjet/Selphy App from Google Play or the App Store. The swift setup process will start once you press your Canon printers Wireless Connect button, which will prompt all the information stored on your phone, together with your WiFi name and password, to transfer automatically.
iPhone users have another option, which is to use the pre-installed AirPrint feature. Users should first make sure that their Canon printer and Apple iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch are on the same WiFi network. Next, choose the web page, photo, or document youd like to print out, then tap the Share icon.
Connecting Device To Printer
Before connecting a computer to the printer and start printing with the method below, complete setup for wireless LAN using the Setup CD-ROM or from our website .
Turn on wireless communication on your computer or smartphone.
For Android or iOS, enable “Wi-Fi” on your device’s “Setting” menu.For more on the procedure, refer to device’s instruction manual.
Select “XXXXXX-iP110series” from SSID list displayed on device.
The printer serial number is specified as a default password.It is printed on the sticker attached on the printer rear and consists of 9 alphanumeric characters .
Recommended Reading: How To Change Printer Status From Offline To Online In Windows 10
How Do I Connect My Laptop To My Canon Printer Wirelessly
How To Connect Canon Printer To Wifi: No Strings Attached
Its Tuesday afternoon at the office and youre sitting at your cubicle staring at your brand-new Canon printer a bit too hard. Like, to the point where its kinda creeping out your coworkers. You want to stop, but you just cant. Youre imagining all the things you could print: sheet music to that rock opera youve been working on, volumes one through eight of your Star Trek-themed love poetry Oh, and emails.
But amidst all the joy, youre still wondering how to connect a Canon printer to WiFi. After all, this beauty isnt just for you your colleagues across the office will also want a piece of that sweet sweet printing action.
Weve written this guide so you can set your whole office up to print like a pro without any of those cumbersome wires. Read on and start your personal printing revolution today.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Canon Printer Online Mac
Why Wont My Canon Printer Connect To My Wifi
It might seem like a no-brainer, but make sure the printer is turned on and that your wireless router hasnt lost connection with the printer. The easiest solution is restarting the power on both the router and the printer. Another quick tip is to check whether the network name matches the one on the printer and your PC.
Can I Use Hotspot For My Printer
How do I connect my printer to my Wi-Fi hotspot connection from my phone Android Community. Hi Kellie, If you wish to attempt to connect your printer to your wifi hotspot you would turn on your hotspot and then go to your printer settings under wifi networks and search for your hotspot and enter the info.
Don’t Miss: Hp Printer Constantly Goes Offline
How To Connect Canon Pixma G3411 Printer To Wi
- How To Connect Canon Pixma G3411 Printer To Wi-Fi
In this article, we are going to discuss how you can connect Canon Pixma G3411 to Wi-Fi.
Steps to Connect Canon Printer with Wi-Fi
- Switch on the printer
- Press and Hold the POWER lamp on the printer
- Make sure the color of lamp changed from flashing to Lit
- Turn on the wireless connection
- Select the Printer Device
How To Make Sure That Your Canon Printer Is Working Properly
At times, despite taking care of your printing device really well, it acts a little weird.
- You are encountering with Canon Printer Error notifications
- Canon Printer is not printing at all
There could be several other problems you are facing while using the Canon printer, the most possible reasons behind the error are that you are using the outdated printer device or the printer device has been corrupted due to any virus attack on your operating system.
You May Like: Wps Pin Hp Deskjet 3630
How To Connect Canon Printer To Router
How to Connect Canon Printer to Router? Canon is highly preferable brand among people. It is highly recommended in printers and cameras. Canon printers provide various advanced features and functions. Some people are familiar with the advancement in technology while others get stuck in between any issue. Canon printer connected to a WiFi network is one of the most convienent modes of connectivity. It is wireless connectivity that makes it movable within the WiFi range. It is quite simple to get your Canon printer connected with your computer over a WiFi network. All you need to do is read our blog that consists of How to Connect Canon Printer to Router?
Tech Support Expert is a reliable tech company known for its best customer support services across the globe. We have a team of certified and experienced professionals who provides a relevant solution for any printer issue. Most of our customers have asked us How to Connect Canon Printer to Router? Therefore here we are providing easy and simple steps that will let you know about the connectivity of the wireless network or router.
For any further assistance regarding our company give us a call at our toll-free number 800-742-9005. You can even mail us at .
Connect Canon Mg3620 To Wifi From Devices Control Panel
In this method, we will teach you how to connect Canon wireless printer to WiFi from the Control Panel of the device. This method can be performed in only 9 steps.
1. Turn on your Canon printer by pressing the Power button.
2. Now, tap the Settings button.
3. Tap the arrow button to select the Device settings and press Ok.
4. Keep pressing the arrow button and you will find the LAN settings. Then press Ok.
5. Press the arrow button again. Keep pressing it till you see the Wireless LAN setup. Then press Ok. The light will blink and your device will look for a wifi network
6. In case your device takes too long to search for the wifi network, press Stop. It will take you to the Wireless LAN setup or the standard setup. Then you have to press Ok.
7. Tap the arrow button till you see the wifi network. Then press Ok.
8. Now, fill in the Password for the wifi and tap Ok.
9. When you see Connected on the display of your Canon printer, press Ok.
This is one of the simplest methods for how to connect Canon Pixma printer to WiFi. Using this method, you can connect your printer to wifi within minutes. Just in case this fails to work, move on to the second method.
You May Like: Can You Connect A Printer To Your Phone
Restart Your Iphone Printer And Router
When iPhones have connection problems, our instant reaction is to restart the device. For better or for worse, this trick does prove to be helpful and is worth a shot.
Restart your iPhone with these steps:
- Press and hold the power button till the slide to power off option appears.
- Swipe the slider right, and your phone will shut down.
- After a few seconds, press the power button, and your device will turn on.
Restarting your printer and router is more straightforward as you have to unplug them and plug them back in.
How Do I Connect A Canon Wireless Printer To My Laptop
Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer-top till the lamp flashes once. Step 2: The lamp next to the WiFi button also flashes blue. After this, go to the access point and press the WPS button within two minutes. As the connection between laptop and printer appears, flashing of Wi-Fi lamps and power will stop.
You May Like: Where Can I Find The Wps Pin On My Hp Printer
Wps Connection Method To Connect Canon Printer To Wifi
- Ensure that your printer is on.
- On the top of the printer, press and hold the Wi-Fi button till the alarm lamp flashes at least once.
- The lamp will flash blue and then go to your access point.
- Within the next 2 minutes, press the WPS button.
- While its searching, the blue light of the Wi-Fi lamp will continue flashing.
- And then while connecting to the access point, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will keep flashing.
- The power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit, once your printer has successfully made a connection to your wireless network.
Network Settings Confirmation
- Ensure that your printer is on.
- Load a sheet of A4 or letter-sized plain paper in the tray.
- Until the alarm lamp flashes 15 times, press and hold the resume or cancel button and then release it.
- The network information page will be printed.
- Before taking the printout, check that the Connection indicates Active and the SSID signifies the right name of your wireless network.
- Now your WPS setup procedure is completed.
Now you require proceeding with installing the software to use the PIXMA MG3540 well.
How To Update Canon Printer
To get rid of this problem you must update your Canon printer driver. If you do not know the procedure of updating a Canon printer, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Leave the printer for a while and let the update be completed. This entire process may take a longer time. If you are running out of time and looking for another way to fix the Canon printer is not working, then read below.
Use Canon Driver Easy
Driver Easy can identify your device automatically and find the right drivers for it. You do not have to know exactly what program your machine runs, you do not have to fear to download and installing the wrong driver and you do not have to worry about making a mistake when installing it. With the help of one authentic, Driver Easy, you can handle everything with ease.
Driver Easy also has a pro-version of its program. The users can update the program and use it for 30 days for free. Below are the steps to download and set up Driver Easy. Read and install to prevent your Canon printer from all errors.
Also Check: Connecting Printer To Mac Wirelessly
Connect To Wireless Network
Internet connection may not be available during setup.
- Cableless setup isn’t available on Chrome OS or Windows RT.
- Option 1:Connect the printer wirelessly for use with a Windows® or Mac® computer
For Windows and Mac® computers, you will need to run the installation program to perform a cableless setup.
Get the Windows software installer or Get the Mac software installer.
- Option 2:Use the Canon PRINT Inkjet / SELPHY appfor Android and iOS® devices.
How Do I Get My Wireless Printer To Connect With My Laptop
Also Check: What Does A Wps Pin Look Like
To Connect Canon Wireless Printer
In this article we have explained the detail procedure of connecting Canon printer with wireless settings.
Thereby following these steps, you can easily set up the Canon printer to the WiFi network.
The connection between a wireless Canon printer and a commanding device is established through a shared connection or WiFi. Therefore, it is vital to put the printer on the same WiFi network as your computer.
WPS Connection To Connect Canon Printer with Wireless Network
Before following with this method, firstly make sure that your WiFi router has a WPS button. Also, the router must use WPA or WPA2 security protocol.
- Start with, hit the power button on printer to make it ON. Also switch on your WiFi router through WPS Button.
- Thereafter, go to the printer Home from the touch screen and then press and Hold WiFi button.
- Next, select LAN Wireless set up option> press OK. At this moment your printer will search for the access point of your wireless network.
- Choose your WiFi Network .
- After that, hit on the WiFi access point which will ask for passphrase or WPA Key. Now, enter your WiFi password and then press OK button.
- This process will take few moment to establish connection of Canon printer with your WiFi router access point.
- Now, Canon printer and the router will automatically make a connection at this point.
- When the wireless connection is done, the power and the WiFi light will stop flashing. Instead, they will continuously remain lit after the connection.