How Do I Connect My Brother Printer To Wifi Via Control Panel
Let us learn how to connect printer to wifi Brother with the help of the Control Panel. This method is quite simple to understand and can be performed in just 9 steps.;
1. On your Brother printer, go to the Control Panel.
2. Press the Mouse button.
3. Next, select All settings.
4. Then navigate to Network and hit Ok.
5. Now, go to Network reset and tap Ok.
6. For yes, press 1. For confirming the same, press 1 again. Then your Brother printer will begin to reboot.
7. You will be asked to set up the wifi once your printer has been rebooted. Hit Ok thrice to see the Setup Wizard.
8. From the list of wifi networks available, choose the one that is yours and fill in the Wifi password.
9. Now, tap Ok and then hit 1 for applying these settings.
That is all! Once you have performed the above-mentioned steps correctly, your Brother will be connected to the wifi and you will receive the printed connection report.;
How To Connect My Brother Printer To Wifi Wireless Network
Wireless printing can be extremely useful and highly convenient. It not only allows you to generate a print command from any computer on your network, but also frees you of the limitation of staying confined to the same computing machine, operating system, or place for that matter.;;
Do you know how to connect Brother printer to wifi? If youre in need of help, then we have outlined some simple ways to set up a Wi-Fi or wireless connection with your Brother printer.;
Step I: Before Configuring The Wireless Settings:
You must know your wireless network settings of the wireless access point/router.
Check and record the current wireless network settings below.
- Network Name
- Network Key
Your Brother machine supports the use of the first WEP KEY only. If you are using a router that is using more than one WEP KEY, enter the KEY used for the first WEP KEY.
Connect Brother Printer To Wifi Without Password
This process is also known as Connect brother printer to wifi through WIFI DIRECT
WPS;doesnât Require Security Key/ Password.
There is a WPS button on every Router to turn on the WPS.
Suppose;you have a wireless router/access point supporting the WPS or AOSS . In that case, you can easily connect your wireless network/access point with your brother printer just follow the given step without skipping any step for Brother printer wifi setup:
;CONFIGURE THE WIRELESS SETTING
Bring the Wi-Fi router and your Brother Printer as near as possible for wifi Setup.
Ensure that the power cord is plugged in.
Then, turn the printer ON and wait until the printer is in the READY state.
After that, a few seconds hold down the WPS button on your wireless network/access point.
As shown in the given photo, for less than 2 seconds, click the wireless setup located on the back of the router.
NOTE: To click the wireless setup button, use a ballpoint pen or a sharp point object. Do not press the button for more than 2 seconds.
If the READY LED is not blinking, the printer fails to connect with the wireless router/access point.
To Use Wifi Protected Set Up Or Wps One Should Confirm Whether The Wlan Has A Wps Access
- The Brother computer should be positioned within the range of the WPS or AOSS access point/router to configure wireless settings. Depending on the environment, however, the range can change.
- Next, make sure the wireless card is attached, and the computer is turned on until it is ready.
- Next, keep the WPS or the AOSS button for a few seconds on your WLAN control pointer or router. The time the button is kept will depend on the wifi connection point.
- The wireless setup button must then be placed at the back of the unit and pressed down for less than 2 seconds. A pointy object should be used to press the button like a ballpoint pen.
- Note:;It is necessary to remember that the button should not be pressed for more than 3 seconds or changed to the wifi Protected Setup mode PIN process.
- If all goes well, the system can check for the wifi Protected Set-up access point/router. The Toner LED, and the Drum LED will continue to blink all this time.
- One must wait until the Ready LED on the computer indicates that the machine is connected. The Ready LED will be turned on for 5 minutes, indicating that the system has been successfully connected to wifi.
- It is important to remember that the printer is not connected to the WLAN router if the Ready LED does not light. One should check for any error codes that the computer has flashed.
To do this, one must switch on the computer and ensure that the administrator privileges are logged into it.
Read Also: What Does Collated Mean Printer
How To Setup Brother Hl 2270dw Wireless Without Cd
Get Brother and utilities CD now if you have all those together start further. The supplied cd-rom into your cd-rom drive. Select the HL 2270 DW select language English click install printer driver from official website. Next, reading and agreeing to the terms of the brother license agreement. Click yes select wireless network connection. Click Next select brother peer-to-peer network printer. Click Next on the firewall antivirus detected screen.
Select no to configure the wireless network card manually. Click Next check the checked and confirmed box. Next choose temporarily use a USB cable recommended and then click Next. Connect the USB cable directly to the computer and the machine to make sure the brother HL 2270 DW. Check powered on this step may take a few minutes for the USB driver to be installed.
How To Connect Brother Mfc L2700dw Printer To Wifi
In this method, we will teach you how to connect Brother printer MFC L2700DW to wifi from the devices Control Panel. The step-by-step instructions of this method have been shown below. Take a quick look at these.;
1. Turn on your Brother MFC L2700DW Printer.
2. From the Control Panel, go to the Menu.
3. With the help of the Up or Down arrow key, select the Network option.
4. For selecting a Network, press Ok.
5. The next step is to access the WIreless LAN choice. Then tap Ok.
6. Now, activate WLAN by visiting the Assistant setup.
7. Choose the Setup Wizard with the help of the Up or Down arrow key.
8. You will be asked whether you want to enable WLAN. Press Yes to confirm.
9. The last step is to fill in the details of your wifi network and your Brother MFC L2700DW will be connected to the wifi.;
Method 4: How to Connect the Brother Printer to the Wifi via Printer Driver?
Do you know you can also use the Brother printer driver for connecting your printer to the wireless network? The detailed steps to use the printer driver for this purpose have been outlined below. So, let us read these to know how to connect wifi with Brother printer.
1. Start your computer or laptop with the administrator credentials.
2. Turn off all the background programs that may be running.
3. Also, turn off your antivirus software as it can interfere with this process.
4. Use the CD received with your Brother printer to prepare the setup for the printer driver.
Connect Your Brother Printer To Wi
There are two methods to connect your Brother printer to Wi-Fi.
# 1: Connect your brother printer to Wi-Fi manually
Step 1: Go to your Brother printers control panel and then open the Wireless settings.
Step 2: Enter the Wi-fi network name and password.
# 2: Connect your Brother printer to Wi-Fi automatically
Compared to the first way, this way is much simpler. However, this way is feasible if there is a WPS button both on your Brother printer and your router. WPS aims to help communicate routers with other wireless devices.
So, check whether there is a WPS button on these two devices. If the two devices have such button, you can start to connect your printer to Wi-Fi:
Step Two Assign An Ip Address To The Printer
You May Like: How To Install Canon Printer Without Cd On Windows 10
Various Methods To Connect Brother Printer To Wifi
You can apply any of the following methods to connect your printer to any device:
Method 1: Use WLAN to Connect Brother Printer to Wifi
It is very easy to connect Brother Printer to WiFi using a WLAN network. All you need to do is perform the following steps to complete the process:
- Firstly, check the side or base of the access point or wireless router to find network name and password key.
- Now, locate the power cord and connect the Brother printer machine to power source to turn it on.
- Navigate to control panel of the computer and click the menu button.
- Next, scroll down and choose WLAN in the network, and press OK.
- A list of networks available within the range of your machine will appear on the screen. Choose your preferred network from the list and click OK.
- Next, you need to perform an action, depending on whether you choose an open system authentication method or a network key as the authentication method.
Once you are done with the above steps, follow on-screen instructions to complete the process. If the machine connects successfully to the selected wireless network, it will display a message indicating the same. If any issue occurs, you will get an error message indicating, brother printer hl-2270dw wont connect to wifi.
Method 2: Use Printer Drivers to Connect Brother Printer to Wifi
You can also use updated printer drivers to connect your printer to WiFi. For that, follow the below-mentioned steps carefully:
Guide To Reset The Wi
Resetting Wi-Fi connection will help you when you have tried to connect your printer to the wireless network earlier.
Here are some steps to reset your Brother printer:
Power on your Brother printer.
Next, press the menu button on the control panel.
Then press Network Reset and press OK after that.
Now, press reset and then press yes.
Brother Printer not Connecting to Wi-Fi Issues.
Solution 1: Restart your Brother Printer & Wifi.
Off your printer and Router for 40 Seconds, then power on back the both.
Now, off the wireless on the brother printer and then turn it on back.
After this, try again to connect your Brother machine to wireless now.
If you Dont get success, after all, try to connect your Wi-Fi with the WPS method.
Recommended Reading: How To Clean A Brother Laser Printer
Appears Enable The Wireless Network
How To Connect My Brother Printer To Wifi Via Setup Wizard
Follow our 11 steps mentioned below to set up your Brother printer on a wireless network. However, before configuring the wireless settings, you must know the password and network name of your wireless network. You can usually find this at the back of your modem.
1. Connect your Brother printer to the power outlet and turn on the machine.
2. Press the Menu button.
3. Press the Up/Down arrow key to select the network and press Ok.
4. Now, press the Up/Down arrow key to choose WLAN and then press Ok.;
5. Similarly, select the Setup Wizard using the Up/Down arrow key and then press Ok.;
6. Once the Enable WLAN command appears, click to enable the wireless network.
7. Now, you have to wait. Your Brother printer will search for your network and display a list of available SSIDs.
8. Next, press Up/Down arrow key to select the SSID of your choice and then press Ok.;
9. Now, perform one of the following operations:;
In case you are using an authentication and encryption method, enter the Network key. Then enter the WEP key and press Ok. Choose Yes to apply the settings or No to cancel.
In case you are using the Open System for authentication, your encryption mode should be None. So, simply move to the next step.
Recommended Reading: How To Put Printer Online In Windows 10
Why Is My Brother Printer Not Connecting To Wifi
The printer is not connecting to the Wi-Fi. It’s not that hard to fix if you know what you’re doing. Here are some tips on how to help your Brother printer connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
Fixes For Brother Printer Not Connecting To Wifi
The methods provided in this blog for connecting your Brother printer to wifi network have been tested. It is possible, however, that your Brother printer wont connect to wifi due to several reasons. Use these fixes to resolve any bugs.;
Fix 1: Reset Wireless Settings
If your Brother printer cannot connect to wifi, then you should try resetting the wireless settings. Resetting the wireless settings will remove any possible bug that is preventing the wireless connection. Below you can find out the 5 steps of this fix.;
1. Access the Utility tab of your device.
2. Head on to the section of Printer setup & software.
3. Now, tap Reconfigure wireless settings.
4. Perform as per the instructions showing on your screen. Then the wireless settings will be reset.;
5. Now, try connecting your Brother printer to wifi.;
Fix 2: Restart Brother Printer and Wifi Network
At times, Brother printer connected to wifi but not printing is also a commonly observed problem. So, even when your printer gets successfully connected to your wifi, it may not help you print anything. In such a situation, restarting your wifi router as well as Brother printer will be a superb fix. Take a look at the 8 steps to perform this fix.;
1. Turn off your Brother printer and then plug it out.
2. Now, turn off your wifi router for a few seconds.
3. Also, turn off your modem.
4. Next, plug in your Brother printer and turn it on.
5. The fifth step is to turn on your wifi router as well as modem.
Also Check: Canon Mg2522 Wifi Button
Step One Reset The Network Card To Factory Default
All network settings, such as password and IP address, will be restored to the factory default settings.
Add Your Brother Printer To Windows 10 Pc
Step 1: Turn on your Brother printer.
Step 2: Open your Windows 10 PC, hit the Windows key on the keyboard, and click the Settings icon.
Step 3: On the Settings window, click the Devices option.
Step 4: Select the Printer & scanners option on the left side and then click the Add a printer or scanner option on the right side.
Step 5: Find your Brother printer from the list and click the Add device button.
Step 6: Wait for Windows 10 to install the corresponding driver for your printer.
Now, you have finished installing Brother printer on your PC and you can print something you want.
Also Check: How To Restart Printer
Wireless Setup For The Brother Hl2270dw
The first thing to clarify when you are performing the wireless setup for this device is that your computer does not need to have wireless capabilities. It simply needs to be connected to a network that has a wireless element. For example, I currently have this printer wirelessly connected to my desktop computer. The desktop computer does not have a wireless network card, but is connected to my wireless router using an ethernet cable.
The next point of clarification is that you will need a USB printer cable for the initial wireless setup of this device. Since the printer does not have a way for you to manually input the settings for the wireless network you will need to apply them to the printer from the computer. Brother also does not include a USB cable with the printer, so you will either need to purchase one or, preferably, use the cable that was connecting your old, wired printer to your computer.
Begin the setup process by unpacking the printer from its packaging materials, then removing all of the stickers on the printer. The toner cartridge is already in the printer, but you should take it out and shake it to reposition the toner inside. Replace the cartridge, then close the access door.
Connect the power cable to the back of the printer, then plug it in. Do NOT connect the USB cable yet. You will be prompted to do that later.
Turn on the printer, wait for it to boot up, then press the Go button on the top of the printer to print a test page.