How To Add A Printer To Iphone Through Your Computer
If you own some other printer rather than HP or Lexmark printer, you can:
Step 1. Make sure you have installed the newest iTunes and iPhone firmware 2.0 or higher .
Step 2. Connect your printer to your computer.
Step 3. Install “Air Photo Wifi Printing” on your iPhone and open it, then you will see your iPhone library.
Step 4. Choose the photo you want to print and press “Connect” down the screen’s left bottom.
Step 5. Find the computer to which the printer is connected.
Step 6. Now you can print your photos successfully.
Necessity Print Photos/documents From Iphone To Hp Printer
One of the favorite things to do in daily life is taking photos with your iPhone to keep as a souvenir, especially when you travel, walk on the street, or join friends & family parties. Sometimes you want to print these pictures to put them in hand or carry them anywhere. Sometimes you download or store many important documents on your iPhone and want to print them for work.
Then, here comes a question: how to print pictures from iPhone or how to print documents from iPhone? It is not hard and you can print from iPhone. If you are using an HP printer, try the following methods.
But This Is How To Scan From A Printer To An Iphone The Easiest Way
But the truth is, you dont actually need an app to connect your iPhone to a printer at all.
If you want to scan documents onto your iPhone, why not just do so directly on your iPhone instead?
In fact, All you actually need is PDF Scanner.
With PDF Scanner, your iPhone becomes a portable scanner.
PDF Scanners unique image recognition techniques promise only high-quality scans regardless of document.
With Batch Mode, you can also scan multiple documents or pages quickly. Forget scanner load times how fast you scan depends on how fast you flip the pages.
And thats how to scan from a printer to an iPhone. Forget printers and printer apps all you need to scan to your iPhone is PDF Scanner.
Also Check: Delete Printer Drivers
How To Add An Hp Printer To Iphone
If you have an HP printer, you may have noticed that some HP printers support ePrint, which means you can print from iPhone files wirelessly by using the AirPrint feature of the iPhone using your ePrint-supported HP printer:
Step 1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes and iPhone firmware or higher.
Step 2. Connect your HP printer to the Internet-connected to your iPhone.
Step 3. You need to install HP iPrint Application on the App Store and then open it to see your iPhone photo library.
Step 4. Select the iPhone photos you wanna print, then you will get a new screen where you need tap on the “Print” button, and now you can see the HP printer as your iPhone printer listed.
How To View Or Cancel A Print Job On An Iphone
When you create a print job on your iPhone it is handled through an app called the Print Center. If the print job is just a single page then the printing process can occur very quickly, and you probably wont be able to view or cancel that job.
But if the document that you are trying to print has a lot of pages, or if you are printing a lot of copies, then you might be able to view or modify it.
You can open the Print Center from the App Switcher. On older iPhone models you can open the App Switcher by pressing the Home button twice. On newer iPhone models you swipe up and to the left or right from the bottom of the Home screen.
You can then select the Print Center app and either look at the print job or tap the Cancel Printing button to cancel the print job.
Recommended Reading: How Do You Get A Hp Printer Back Online
How To Print From Iphone To Hp Printer Using Wi
Step 1: Turning On Wi-Fi Direct
- First and foremost, check your printer specifications to confirm that it comes with Wi-Fi Direct features.
- Depending on the type of your printer, turn on the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- For touch-enabled printers with LCD screens, navigate through the screen and click on the Wi-Fi Direct feature to turn it on.
- For touch printers without screens, pressing the Wi-Fi Direct button for a few seconds will turn it on.
- For printers that dont have any sort of touch features, each comes with different instructions to turn on Wi-Fi Direct. You can find the procedure in the instructions booklet. For some models, long-pressing on the information icon, i, on the printers body does the trick.
- You can find the name and password of the Wi-Fi Direct network in the instructions booklet.
Step 2: Executing The Print
- Navigate to the wireless options in your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to the Wi-Fi Direct network using the password given in the booklet.
- Open your desired document or photo and select the Share or Action icon.
- Choose the Print option and select your Wi-Fi Direct-enabled HP printer from the list.
- Tap on Print to carry out a smooth printing process.
Three: Set Up The Printer On The Wireless Network
Recommended Reading: How Do I Uninstall A Printer
How To Add A Lexmark Printer To Iphone
Some additional applications are needed here if you use a Lexmark printer to print from iPhone. And follow these steps to add the Lexmark printer to your iPhone:
Step 1. Find the “LexPrint” app on the iPhone App Store and download it.
Step 2. Launch LexPrint, and then you will see the photo library where you need to select the target photo to print.
Step 3. After the photo selection, tap “Use,” and then you will get a screen of “Photo Preview” where you can press the wrench icon to ensure the Lexmark Printer having been added to your iPhone: Setting -> Printer.
Note: If the Lexmark Printer didn’t appear on your iPhone, you could open the LexPrint Listener to find it.
Can You Print From Your Iphone To A Printer Without A Wi Fi Network
Yes, this is possible, but it is going to require some additional steps and equipment. The iPhone is a wireless device, o its default method of connection is going to rely on wireless connectivity.
The section below discusses how to establish a wired connection between a printer and the iPhone using the USB port on the back of the printer and the Lightning port on your iPhone.
Also Check: Connect Tablet To Wireless Printer
How To Print From An Android Device
Now that your printer is connected, you can print all the photos, web pages and documents in the world! To print a document , tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner and select Print. To print an image, tap the same three vertical dots, then scroll to the end of the horizontal menu and tap Print. Once you’re in the print menu, tap Select a printer, pick yours from the list, make any adjustments you need to in the printing options, preview the document and then tap the print icon.
How to print images and documents on an Android device.
These are the standard print screens. Tap the icon when you’re ready to print.
The NFC icon indicates the connection point on the printer.
Tap and print with NFC
Some printers also support NFC , which makes the Bluetooth connection process even easier. Simply have NFC enabled on your phone and tap the printer in the appropriate area and it should automatically take care of everything.
How To Scan From A Printer To An Iphone: Hp Printers
Last but not least, if youre using a HP printer, youll need to download and install their HP Smart app.
To scan from your HP printer to your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Place the document you want to scan on the scanner
- Tap Printer Scan. Change scan settings if needed.
- Tap Scan
HP users rejoice HP Smart ranks the highest amongst the 4 here, and the app does deliver on its promise of hassle-free setup and usage.
Also Check: Where Is The Wps Pin On My Hp Deskjet 2600
How To Scan From A Printer To An Iphone: Epson Printers
If youre on an Epson printer, youll need Epsons DocumentScan app to scan documents to your iPhone.
Start scanning from your Epson printer to your iPhone with these steps:
- Download the Epson DocumentScan app from the Apple Store
- Connect your iPhone to your Epson machine
- Launch the app on your iPhone
- Tap Scan. Change scan settings if needed.
- Tap Scan again, and then Done
- Select Save, and then OK.
Among the 4 apps in the list, Epsons DocumentScan appears to fare the worst.
With an average user rating of just 2 out of 5 on the Apple Store, the app is particularly frustrating for its inability to:
- scan multiple documents in one go
- move scans in bulk
- easily capture or organise documents in general
Printing From An Android Or Ios Device Via Email
Some printer brands have a pretty nifty feature that lets you email documents, photos and webpages to your printer. All you need to do is set up an email address for your printer, and then when you hit send, it automatically prints your document. You don’t need to be at home for this to work as long as your printer is on and connected to the internet.
But how do you set it up? That depends on the brand of printer as each has its own specific process. Some, such as HP, require additional software. Others require product registration and they may allocate an email or allow you to create one yourself. You can find the details at the below links.
Recommended Reading: How To Make A Wired Printer Wireless
Start Printing From Your Iphone
1. Open your printer, install proper cartridges, and put the paper you want to print on in the correct paper tray.
2. Open the picture or document you want to print and tap on the button.
3. Scroll down to tap Print.
4. Choose the printer from the list and if needed, you can change the paper size, number of copies, or page range.
5. At last, tap Print in the upper-right corner.
How To Print From Iphone To Hp Printer Without Airprint
Not every printer has the AirPrint feature. But if the printer still supports Wi-Fi, you can use your printers app on the App Store for printing pictures or documents. For an HP printer, use HP Smart.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect A Wireless Printer To A Mac
How To Print From Iphone To Hp Printer
Apple devices are upgrading as we speak and new versions are being released integrated with the latest technologies. Consequently, more and more people are purchasing Apple products, like iPhones and iPads.
With this increase in the number of users, Apple has been working on the convenience of carrying out important and essential tasks using their devices, such as printing.
Along with Apple, HP has also upgraded its printers and included various printing options to make life easier for people.
Today, well take a detailed look at how you can print from iPhone to HP printer quite easily and quickly.
Printer Pro Connect Iphone And Printer Non
Step 1: Download Printer Pro App
Step 2: Add Printer to iPhone
Press the “Add printer” button located on the bottom left-hand side of the screen. And then you can connect iPhone to the printer for printing.
Step 3: Select Printer for iPhone
At the Select Printer page, you can pick your network printer, provided it’s recognized as a Bonjour device, you can add manually via a static IP address.
Step 4: Print iPhone Content
Notes: Print Test for Printer
There is a process for test printing when you link iPhone to Printer. You can examine the paper to check whether there are any strange errors or anomalies that could have made their way to the print buffer. If the test page appears to be fine, click Looks good. On the test page you just printed, check whether the test markings are visible or are cropped off the page.
You May Like: Hp Printer Will Not Print Black Ink
How To Scan From A Printer To An Iphone: Canon Printers
If youre using a Canon printer, youll need their to scan from the printer to your iPhone.
The PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app is used by Canons PIXMA, MAXIFY and SELPHY printers.
To get started, simply:
- Connect your iPhone to your printer. Refer to instructions here.
- Place your document in your Canon scanner.
- On your iPhone, launch the app.
- Tap Scan.
- Tap Exit to view your scan.
- To scan another document or page, tap scan again.
Take note: it might take a while before your Canon printer successfully connects with your iPhone.
Users have also reported that the app suddenly stops working with their printers after a while. If that happens, you might have to uninstall the app and try re-connecting again.
Print From Iphone Using Hp Printer Airprint Method:
All the HP printer have AirPrint facility, and in case youve got a new HP wireless printer, its very likely to be AirPrint enabled. Printing using AirPrint is extremely simple. Ensure that your printer is on and connected to WiFi. Now select anything you want to publish in Mail, Safari, Notes, Photos, or some of the other programs that have the arrow bottom left.
Hit on that arrow and choose Print. AirPrint is a feature that lets you print to a printer without worrying about drivers or anything like that, provided that your printer supports the protocol. But if AirPrint support is not built to your printer, then you want an intermediary that can accept the AirPrint petition and pass it along to a printer that is connected. That can be macOS a Windows, or Linux computer, or it may be software installed on your iOS device.
Recommended Reading: Macbook Printer Offline
How Do I Pair My Phone With My Hp Printer
AirPrint is a technology created by Apple that makes it easy for iOS users to print photos and other documents directly from their mobile devices. You can visit Apples website to see the full list of AirPrint-enabled printers. Simply search this document using Ctrl + F to find your specific printer.
In order to print using AirPrint, follow this setup:
- Make sure the printer and your iPhone are connected to the same wireless network
- On your iPhone, make sure Wi-Fi is turned on and there is a checkmark next to the name of your local Wi-Fi network
- If you are connected to a different network, tap the name of your network to join it
- Restart the printer, and then check the printer network connection status to ensure it is connected to the same network as your iPhone
- Printers with a touchscreen control panel: Touch the Wireless icon or open the Network Settings or Setup menu to view the network connection status
- Printers without a touchscreen control panel: Make sure the light next to the wireless icon or button is on and not blinking
At this point, your two devices should be connected, and you can start printing documents straight from your iPhone. Follow these directions to print a document:
- Open the item you want to print, and then tap the icon
- Scroll down the screen and select Print from the list of options
- Select your printer, and then select print job settings such as paper size, number of copies, and page range
- Click Print
How To Use A Usb Cable To Print From An Iphone To A Non Airprint Printer
If you have a printer that isnt wireless then you are going to need to concoct a solution that can connect that printer directly to your iPhone. This is going to require a cable like which connects the printer directly to the iPhone.
If you are in the market for a new printer and are looking for one that you can use to easily print from your iPhone, then be sure to find a wireless printer that is AirPrint capable. An example would be something like .
Recommended Reading: Printer Offline Macbook Pro