How To Add Printer To Mac: Adding A Network Printer
A network printer is commonly known as a wifi printer. Technically it is called as a network printer because it is attached to the computer via a network. Perform the below-given steps to install and use the wifi printer on Mac OS
Now you are ready to use the wifi or wireless printer on your Mac computer or laptop. See the next section if you want to know how to add printer to Mac with IP address. If you need further instructions on this then read exclusive post on How To Add Wireless Printer To Mac.
Note: This guide can help you add any brand wireless printer like Hp printer, Canon printer, Epson printer, Brother printer to mac
Removing A Printer With Cleanmymac X
While the manual method is straightforward, it does not guarantee that all of the files associated with a printer are removed from your system. Files and documentation can be left behind, taking up space that new printers should be occupying.
CleanMyMac X removes every trace of a printer from your Mac. So, remove a printer from the list in Printers & Scanners, then give CleanMyMac X a run through to rid your computer of any files that are left behind.
The easiest way to do this is with a System Junk clean. This scans your system for broken and outdated files for removal.
Youre all done and ready to add a fresh printer to your system.
What If The Mac Cannot Find My Printer
Try these troubleshooting tips if the Mac does not add or list the printer.
Check the printer connection: Check the Wireless or Settings menu on the printer control panel or print a Network Configuration Page, and then make sure the printer is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
Check the computer connection: On your Mac, click the Network icon , and then make sure the Mac is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
Check for software updates: Open the Apple menu , click System Preferences, and then click Software Update to ensure the computer can download the latest printer software.
Update the printer firmware: Go to to search for and download firmware updates for your printer.
Restart the router, printer, and Mac: Unplug the router, turn off the printer, and then close all programs on the Mac and shut it down. Turn on the router, wait for a successful internet connection, turn on the printer, and then turn on the Mac.
Reset the printing system: Open the Apple menu , click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners. Right-click or Ctrl + click anywhere in the Printers list, and then click Reset printing system. Restart the printer, and then click the plus icon to re-add it to the list.
Don’t Miss: Printer Isn’t Available Right Now
Install Hp Printer On Mac
03. Then click on ‘Printers & Scanners’ folder to open a new small window.
04. If you don’t see your printer name in the list, click on + button given at bottom.
05. A dialogue will appear as listing printers on your local network. It will take a few moments to find & display the wireless printer list.
06. Select your wireless printer when it appears in the list and click on ‘Add’ button.
07. If you see a popup dialogue asking to download a software, you should download & install it.
08. Installer dmg windows. Your printer is successfully added on your Mac computer.
Add Printer To Mac Using Print Command
Perhaps the easiest way to Add both Wired and Wireless Printers to Mac is by trying to Print something on your computer. If this does not work, try other methods as provided below.
1. Open a Text, Word or PDF File on your MacBook > click on the File tab in top-menu bar and select the Print option.
2. On the Print Command screen, expand More Settings entry > scroll down and click on Print Using System Dialogue option.
3. On the next screen, click on the down Arrow next to the Printer field and select Add Printer option in the drop-down menu.
On the next screen, select the Printer that you want to Add and follow the prompts to Add Printer to Mac.
Don’t Miss: Officejet 4650 Wps Pin
How To Add Printer To Mac: Wired Via Usb Cable
A wired printer is a printer with USB cable. This printer does not have any network or wireless capacities. It uses the universal serial bus or USB to communicate with the computer.
Read the instructions in manual book of the printer to figure out the correct port for USB cable on your printer and Mac computer. Follow these steps below.
Thats it. You have successfully installed wired printer on your Mac. Now you should be able to use the printer to print documents. Read further to know more about adding printer to Mac for different types of printers.
Note: This guide can help you add any brand wired printer like Hp printer, Canon printer, Epson printer, Brother printer to mac with USB Cable.
How To Connect Canon Printer To Mac
Canon is a top-notch brand, and Canon printers are among an array of other quality products they provide. These include camcorders, cameras, photocopiers, computers etc.
Canon printers are known for their great printing quality, the products longevity, and overall customer satisfaction has remained evergreen.
However, not every person is tech-savvy, and people can understand how to add canon printers to Mac or windows.
There is no need to seek the nearest technician to help you out this article will guide mac users about connecting canon printer to mac in the easiest way possible. So lets dive right into it.
Don’t Miss: Hp Envy 4520 Prints Blank Pages
Add A Wireless Printer On Mac
You may need to connect your wireless printer to Mac with USB Cable to set up WiFi Printing. After setting up, disconnect the printer from Mac and connect it to the WiFi Network. Thereafter you should check WiFi icon on Mac. If your printer name is showing in ‘Available WiFi Networks’, you can directly connect it to your Mac. If the printer is not appearing there then you need to add the printer on Mac.
Google chrome 34 offline installer. You can Add Wireless Printer on Mac by one of the following three methods.
1) Add Wireless Printer on Mac by WiFi.
Playtika free coins. 2) Add Wireless Printer on Mac by Printer’s IP Address.
3) Add Wireless Printer on Mac by Bluetooth.
You must check if your wireless printer supports AirPrint. Because the Printers with AirPrint feature don’t require any printer drivers on Mac computer. When the printer does not have AirPrint feature, you have to download and install the printer drivers at the time of adding the wireless printer on Mac.
How To Add A Printer On Windows 10 From Control Panel
- If you are installing a local printer, connect the printer to your PC via USB or WiFi. Otherwise, for network or shared printers, proceed to the next step.
- Type control panel in the search box and click Control Panel.
- On Control Panel, if View by is NOT set to Category, click the drop-down and select Category.
- Then, on the Hardware and Sound category, click View devices and printers.
- On the top left of Devices and printers, click Add a printer. Windows 10 will try to find printers connected to your computer. The search may also include nearby Bluetooth wireless printers.
- If your printer is listed in the search result, select it, click Next and complete the printer driver installation.
- Otherwise, click The printer that I want isnt listed and proceed with the steps below
- Finally, to add a printer on Windows 10 from Control Panel, on the Find a printer by other options screen, select one of the options, click Next and proceed to install your printer.
Don’t Miss: How Do I Get My Hp Printer Online
Adding And Using The Printer
Log in to the Mac computer from which you want to access the networked printer. Click the Apple icon and System Preferences, and then either Print & Fax or Print & Scan under the Hardware section depending on your version of Mac OS X.
Find the name of the shared printer from the list. Shared printers are listed as the kind Bonjour. Click the printer name so it is highlighted and click Add.
Insert the printer setup CD or DVD if the Mac requests it. This will install the printer driver necessary for correct operation. Close all open windows under System Preferences.
Test the printer by opening an application that allows for printing. In the program menu, click File and Print, and select the printer from the list of available printers. The document will print on the shared printer.
How Do I Use The Printer Functions And Settings
Apple supports standard printing and scanning functions and settings with AirPrint or the print driver that installs.
Print job setup and settings: Click File> Print. For the Photos app, select a layout, and then click Print. Click Show Details to view all options and settings.
Scan documents and photos: Click the Apple menu , click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners. Click Scan, click Open Scanner, and then click Show Details to view all options and settings.
Additional scan options:
HP Smart app: Install HP Smart – Mac App Store . Open the app, and then click the plus sign to set up your printer. Click the Scan tile on the home screen for options to scan from the printer, import an existing file, or use the computer camera or a webcam to capture and edit a photo or document.
HP Easy Scan app: Install HP Easy Scan – Mac App Store . Depending on your printer, this app supports scanning from the printer control panel to the computer or to an email account, two-sided scanning, and creating editable scan files.
Apple Image Capture: Open Image Capture from the Applications list, click your printer name in the Devices or Shared list, and then click Show Details to view all options and settings.
Check estimated ink levels: View the ink level indicators on the printer control panel, if available. Or print a self-test page or printer status report.
Fax: Use the buttons and menus on the printer control panel.
Read Also: Setting Up Wireless Printer On Iphone
How Do I Use An Ip Address To Print
Direct IP Printing from Windows Select Start Printers and Faxes Add Printer. Select Local printer attached to this computer. Select Create a new port. This will open a new window entitled Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard. Input the IP address of the printer in the Printer Name or IP Address field.
How Do I Get My Mac To Recognize My Usb Printer
How do you find a printer on Mac if your laptop doesnt recognize it? The first thing to try is to disconnect your printer, update the operating system on your Mac and attempt connecting the devices with a USB cable again. Additionally, make sure that you booted your Mac correctly. Another way to find and add a printer to your list of devices is by using its IP address.
Also Check: Hp Black Ink Won’t Print
Connect And Set Up A Printer In Macos
Set up your printer when it is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Mac or with a USB cable without installing any additional drivers.
Your printer might already be available if it is on the network or USB-connected. In the app you are printing from, clickFile> Print, click the Printer menu, select Nearby Printers or Printers & Scanners preferences. If your printer is not listed, continue with these steps.
For a USB connection or if your printer does not support AirPrint, open the Apple menu , click System Preferences, and then click Software Update to confirm that the Mac is up to date, or to install any new available software.
Connect the printer to the same network that the Mac is connected to, or use a direct USB connection.
Wi-Fi connection for printers with a touchscreen control panel: Open the Setup, Network, or Wireless settings menu, select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the instructions to select the network name and enter the password.
Wi-Fi connection for most printers without a touchscreen control panel: Press and hold the Wireless button for five seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash. Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router until the connection process begins. The printer wireless light stops flashing when the connection completes.
USB connection: Connect the cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer and to a port on the Mac. Install any new software, if prompted.
How To Add Printer To Mac Via Usb
If your printer doesnt have the networking feature, then you can add the printer to your Mac with a USB or wired connection. Check how to add a printer to Mac via USB below.
- You can plug the printers USB into your Mac computer. Your Mac will automatically detect the connected Printer and download the corresponding printer driver.
- You can also manually add the printer. Click the Apple icon and click System Preferences.
- Select your printer driver next to Use and click Add button to connect the printer to your MacBook or other Mac laptops or desktops.
You May Like: Printer Ink Resetter
Adding Advanced Button To The Toolbar
If the Advanced button does not exist on the tool bar, you will need to add it. In order to add the Advanced button, move the mouse over to the tool bar and press the Control key while pressing the mouse button/track pad. This should bring up a menu, please select the option for Customize Toolbar.
Adding the Advanced button is a simple matter of dragging the Advanced gear icon, from the selection menu, to the tool bar.
Once you have added the button to the tool bar, go ahead and press the Done button.
Connect An Airprint Wi
Do one of the following:
Connect wirelessly: Join your wireless network from the printers interface. For directions, see the documentation that came with your printer.
Connect with a USB or Ethernet cable: Plug one end of the cable into your printer, and the other end into the base stations USB port or Ethernet port
> System Preferences , then click Printers & Scanners .
Select your printer in the list. If the printer isnt listed, click the Add button , select your printer, then click Add.
Note: Error or status messages may not appear when the printer is connected to a base station. For example, you may not get messages such as Out of Paper or Printer Busy.
Also Check: How To Add A Wireless Printer On A Mac
How To Connect A Network Printer:
Connect the printer to Wi-Fi
1. Go to Apple menu System Preferences Printers and Scanners
2. Under the list of printers on the left, click on the plus button
3. Switch to the IP tab
4. Enter the IP address , the name of the printer and the host, the protocol that the printer is using, its queue among other printers, and approximate location. This is essential for correct printer identification.
How To Add A Printer On Windows 10 With Powershell
- Type powershell in the search box. Windows 10 search will find and select Windows PowerShell. Below Windows PowerShell, click Run as Administrator.
- On the powershell command prompt, use of the commands below to add a printer on Windows 10
Add-Printer -Name "Printer Name" -DriverName "Printer Driver name"
Add-Printer -ConnectionName \PrintServer\SharedPrinterName
- In the first command, change Printer Name to the name you want to be displayed for the printer. Printer Driver name is the name of the printer driver. This command adds a local printer to your PC.
- For the second command, PrintServer is the name of the print server where the shared printer is installed. is the share name of the network printer you want to add to your computer.
- The command below will add a HP printer called HP DeskJet 2130 series with a printer driver, HP DJ 2130 series
Add-Printer -Name "HP DeskJet 2130 series" -DriverName "HP DJ 2130 series"
- When I executed the last command, I received an error because the printer with the specified details is already installed on my PC.
You can use the 3 methods covered in this Itechguide to add a printer on Windows 10! I hope you found this Itechguide helpful. If you found it helpful, kindly vote Yes to the Was this post Helpful question below.
Alternatively, you could ask a question, leave a comment or provide feedback with the Leave a Reply form found towards the end of this page.
- Was this post helpful?
You May Like: Hp 4520 Printing Blank Pages