How To Connect Canon Printer To Laptop With Usb Cable
Lets make communication between the two ends by connecting a Canon printer to the laptop using a USB cable.
Step 1: Turn the Canon printer off.
Step 2: Insert the USB cables one end to the printer and the other to the laptop.
Step 3: Turn on the printer.
Step 4: Now click the Windows Start button and go to Control Panel. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices & Printer > Add a Printer > Local Printer. Select the printer port for the required connection.
Step 5: Locate the Canon printer option in the driver window and select the model. For example, if you are looking for how to connect a Canon Pixma MX490 to a laptop, select the name.
Step 6: Select Next after giving the printer a name.
Step 7: Now choose if you want to share the printer with other devices, select Next.
Step 8: Decide if you want to set up your printer as a Default. Select Next.
And its done!
Set Yourself Free With A Wireless And Cloud
Set yourself free with a wireless and cloud-enabled printer
Every office and classroom needs a printer and as times change, and more of us choose to work and study remotely, every home needs one too. One of the nicest things about working from home is that you can work in whatever room suits your mood. Adding a wireless and cloud-enabled printer to your home means you don’t need to be sat next to your printer you can print from anywhere you like. So if you want to stay near your kitchen coffee pot in the morning and move out to the garden for some afternoon sunshine, you can. Send your documents to print whenever you’re ready and then pick them up when you feel like it.
Worried that a wireless printer is difficult to set up? Don’t be it’s very straightforward. And once you’re set up, there are a range of helpful benefits to ensure your work/study routine is never interrupted. For example, the PIXMA G4511 has refillable ink tanks that deliver high page yield, allowing you to print thousands of documents without refiling. Plus, thanks to PIXMA Cloud Link you can view, print and scan documents and photos from the printer screen or your smartphone or tablet using the Canon PRINT app. PIXMA Cloud Link also lets you print from and scan to online storage services such as Dropbox and Google Drive, and share documents with ease. For more information on how to set up your wireless printer, refer to the support guide.
S To Connect Shared Printer
On windows, you will find a feature known as HomeGroup. This helps you share your printer in a group and share some files with the systems present on the home network. So, the following method for Canon printer setup is to connect the printer to the shared printer. For this, go through the steps mentioned below.
Don’t Miss: How To Add A Wireless Printer To A Mac
How Do I Setup My Canon Printer Wirelessly
Have a glance at the instructions that you need to follow carefully for a complete setup of Canon Printer wirelessly!
With these steps, you can easily setup Canon printer wirelessly without any kind of obstacles.
How To Connect Canon Printer To Wifi: 3 Methods
Categories Camera FAQ
ClickLikeThis helps adventurers get the most from their GoPro. When you use our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
Wirelessly printing is super convenient. Here are 3 simple, step-by-step methods to connect Canon printer to WiFi, so you are sure to find one that is easy for you!
Canon printers can be connected to a wireless connection by using a smart device to send the router information to the printer, connecting the printer to the router using a Canon Print Inkjet app, pressing the WPS button, or entering a WPS pin code.
Of course, the printer must be plugged in and powered up to connect to a wireless network successfully.
Connecting a wireless printer might seem confusing if youve never done it before, but the guide below will help teach you how to get set up. Read on to learn more about connecting your Canon printer to your WiFi to print your photographs.
Also Check: Hp Deskjet 3630 Wps Pin
How To Create Canon Printer As Network Printer
If you have multiple computers in your home or network, create your Canon printer as the network printer. All computers on the network can then print to a single printer. Depending on the type of Canon printer, add the printer to both wireless and wired networks. Windows provides users with a step-by-step guide for adding network printers once they are installed, including Canon printers.
How Do I Wirelessly Connect My Printer To My Laptop
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Wireless Printer To Phone
How To Install An Older Printer To Windows 10
Out-of-the-box Windows 10 does a pretty good job detecting and installing wireless as well as locally connected printers automatically. However, there are still times when you may run into problems if you’re trying to add an old printer. This is not just because the device may not be supported anymore, but also because the OS now lacks basic drivers for printers and scanners.
If you or your company is still dealing with an old dot matrix, inkjet, or laser printer , which Windows 10 refuses to detect automatically, there are a number of ways to continue using the device if you’re up to the challenge to use the advanced setup options or workaround to install non-compatible drivers.
In this Windows 10 guide, we’ll walk you through several scenarios to help install an older printer that isn’t getting detected, refuses to install, or it’s no longer compatible.
Wps Push Button Method
Some wireless routers will have a WPS Push Button, which is essentially a wireless printer sync. While not all wireless routers will have this technical feature, those that do are much easier to connect to a wireless printer.
To connect a wireless printer to a wireless network using the WPS Push Button, perform the following operation:
If the wireless sync fails, press the STOP button, and try the sync again.
This isnt an option available for all wireless routers, but its worth taking a look at your router to see if it is available when you get ready to set up your wireless printer. It can end up saving you a lot of hassle in the long run.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect My Android Phone To My Printer
Connect Canon Printer Via Wireless Network
Apart from the method mentioned above to connect your printer, there is also another way to do it without a USB cable. You can establish the connection between your printer and computer via a wireless network. So, follow the below-given steps to perform a wireless network connection.
- Ensure your printer is switched on and ready for configuration
- Connect your printer to your home Wi-Fi network
- On the LCD screen of your printer, you will get the list of available networks.
- Then, you need to adjust the wireless LAN settings by clicking on the setup page.
- After that, locate your home network SSID at the bottom of your router.
- After choosing the SSID, type the network password.
- Once done, tap on Windows Start Menu and go to the Settings represented by the gear icon at the left corner of the screen.
- Now search and tap on the labeled devices option.
- Once done, select Printers and Scanners.
- Your printer will now start to scan and then click on the name of your printer once it shows up.
Connect Your Apple Computer To Wireless Printer
A lot of people are looking to buy a printer for their home office. There are many different printers on the market, but one that is easy to set up and use with your Apple computer is HP OfficeJet Pro 8720. This printer will work seamlessly with your Apple computer no matter what operating system you have on it.
The process for connecting a wireless printer to an Apple computer is simple. All you need to do is plug the printer into your router and then connect it with your laptop or desktop via AirPrint, which will allow you to print wirelessly from any device that has access to the internet.
This article will cover how to set up a wireless printer on an Apple device as well as some tips and tricks for using this new feature. -How To Set Up A Wireless Printer On An Apple Device:
Don’t Miss: Connecting Iphone To Hp Printer
S For Install A Canon Printer Without The Installation Disk
Method 1 Via USB Cable on Windows
Here in this section, we will discuss the method of installation of a canon printer with a USB cable. So it is important that your cable should be compatible with your computer and printer. Here are the steps-
- Plug the canon printer into a power switch and turn on the printer device
- Now connect the printer to your PC by using a USB cable
- Tab on settings
- Then type printers and scanners and click on the icon
- Now add your printer device by clicking on the name
- On your computer screen installation process appears the follow it and install your printer via USB.
Method 2 Via USB Cable on Mac
- First of all ensure that your printer is compatible with Mac. Before stepping into the process, look the printers model name and number to check if it is compatible with your Mac.
- Ensure that the printer is close to your computer when you are initiating the process.
- You must have a USB adapter if required.
- Now plug the printers USB cable into your computer.
- Then turn on the printer by pressing on the power button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Once the process is complete you will be able to use your printer.
The installation process is almost similar to every printer. Supporting files may differ in every printer. Our easy methods ensures that your issue of How to Install a Canon Printer Without the Installation Disk will solved easily.
Why Is Print To Pdf Not An Option
If you are missing the Microsoft Print to PDF option in the Print dialogue box, it is possible that the driver software is not showing up because it is disabled as a feature, or needs to be reinstalled entirely on your Windows 10 system.If Microsoft Print to PDF is not listed, you can try reinstalling it.
You May Like: Brother Printer Index Cards
How Do I Connect My Canon Printer To My Computer
As we have entered into a new arena of technology, connecting a printer to a computer is no more a big deal. With Canon Printer, the task becomes even easier as the device is highly-equipped with innovative features. Despite the fact that Canon lets you connect itself to a computer through several modes, including wireless and wired options, users face difficulty while building a stable connection. Here, in this blog, we have identified the common problems that occur while connecting along with expert-advised solutions. We would recommend you to read this blog to know how to connect Canon Printer to a computer.
Lets get started
The first thing that you need to is to unbox the printer and assemble all its parts as given in the handy manual. Once the device is ready for configuration, plug-in its double-pronged end of the power cable to the nearest outlet. Once the device is turned on, you can start with the process of connecting the printer to the computer.
How Do I Connect My Canon Printer To My Laptop Wirelessly
Have A Glance At A Complete Procedure In A Step By Step Manner:
Doing so will help you to connect your HP printer to your Laptop wirelessly without any hassle.
Don’t Miss: How To Set Up Printer To Scan To Computer
Why Does My Computer Say Cannot Find Printer
The Printer is Off or Not Connected If the printer is locally shared, you will be able to see the printer connected on the computer task bar.Unplug the printer from an outlet. You can plug it back in again to see if it works this time. Check if the printer is properly set up or connected to your computers system.
S To Connect Canon Printer To Wireless Network
To connect your Canon printer to a wireless network, follow these steps:
- First, turn on your Canon printer.
- Make sure that your router has a WPS button available.
- Do confirm beforehand that your network is using a WPA or WPA2 protocol.
- Next, click on the Wi-Fi button.
- Press it until the alarm lamp light flickers once.
- Once the light turns blue, go to the router.
- Press the WPS button.
- Press the button for 2 minutes. This is important otherwise, the connection wont establish.
- Blinking or flickering of Wi-Fi will indicate that the printer is searching for the networks available.
- The blinking of both the power lamp and Wi-Fi indicates that the connection has been established.
- Once connected, the flickering/ blinking will cease.
- Once the setup is complete, the printer will be ready to use.
Hopefully, the connection has been established successfully.
Don’t Miss: Printers That Use 564 Cartridges
Restoring Network Settings To Factory Default
If you need to reset your network settings back to factory default, for example if you change your access point, you can do so by following these instructions.
Please note that initialisation erases all network settings on the machine, so printing or scanning from a computer over the network will become impossible until the printer is re-configured with new network settings.
Follow the procedure below to initialise the network settings:
1. Press and hold the button until the alarm lamp flashes 17 times.
How To Connect Canon Printer To Mac
Canon printers are a great choice for many because they tend to be more affordable than other brands and have a variety of functions. If you have a Canon printer, but your Mac is not compatible with it, don’t worry! In this article I will go through the steps needed to connect your Canon printer to mac.
Don’t Miss: Canon Ts3122 Network Setup
How Do I Connect My Canon Wireless Printer To My Hp Laptop
Connect Canon Printer To Mac Using Wired Connection
- Turn on your Canon printer.
- Next, download the Canon Printer driver from the official Canon Website.
- Now, link the USB cable to both your devices, i.e. mac and the canon printer.
- In the Apple menu, click on personal preferences and then click print and fax. Now click on the printing tab.
- If, for some odd reason, the printer does not respond, click on the option that says printers chauffeur download.
- You will see two choices on your printers web browser link: IP printers and default web browsers.
- You need to click on a default web browser and select the model of your printer.
- The include button will turn active when the connection between your computer with a printer becomes active.
- Pick include the printer on your mac.
- This will allow your Canon printer to be linked to mac successfully.
You May Like: How To Wirelessly Print From Android
Add A Wireless Printer
The steps to install a wireless printer may vary by manufacturer. In general, however, modern printers today will detect your network and automate the installation.
1. Use the printer’s LCD or touchscreen panel to enter the wireless setup. On my Epson printer this is under Setup > Wireless LAN Settings.
2. Select your Wi-Fi network. You’ll need to know your home network’s SSID, which you can find by hovering your mouse over the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar.
3. Enter your network password.
In some cases, you might need to temporarily connect your printer to your computer via USB to install software. But otherwise, that’s it. You should find your printer automatically added in the Printers & scanners section under Settings > Devices.
If you run into trouble, make sure your printer is relatively close to your computer and not too far from your wireless router. If your printer has an Ethernet jack, you could also connect it directly to your router and manage it with a browser interface.