How To Print From Iphone To Hp Printer Using Wi
Step 1: Turning On Wi-Fi Direct
- First and foremost, check your printer specifications to confirm that it comes with Wi-Fi Direct features.
- Depending on the type of your printer, turn on the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- For touch-enabled printers with LCD screens, navigate through the screen and click on the Wi-Fi Direct feature to turn it on.
- For touch printers without screens, pressing the Wi-Fi Direct button for a few seconds will turn it on.
- For printers that dont have any sort of touch features, each comes with different instructions to turn on Wi-Fi Direct. You can find the procedure in the instructions booklet. For some models, long-pressing on the information icon, i, on the printers body does the trick.
- You can find the name and password of the Wi-Fi Direct network in the instructions booklet.
Step 2: Executing The Print
- Navigate to the wireless options in your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to the Wi-Fi Direct network using the password given in the booklet.
- Open your desired document or photo and select the Share or Action icon.
- Choose the Print option and select your Wi-Fi Direct-enabled HP printer from the list.
- Tap on Print to carry out a smooth printing process.
How To Install Hp Printer On An Iphone
To get the maximum efficiency of your HP wireless printer you must know the proper way to install HP printer on iPhone. Therefore, we have prepared this installation guide, which will describe in simple steps how to install HP printer on the iPhone.
- IPhone connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Bluetooth enabled iPhone.
- A wireless HP printer turned ON.
- Internet connection which is active.
- Wi-Fi router password or entry key.
Printer Offline When Printing From Iphone
I am assisting a friend with troubleshooting an error when trying to print from his Iphone and Ipad. He has suddenly lost the ability to print from his Iphone and Ipad. He has the HP 210 wireless printer. I have run the printer wireless diagnostics and it shows the SSID of the network. The Ipad and Iphone connect to the same network. The printer wireless report says the printer is offline.
There is no option on the printer touchscreen for getting the printer back online. He does not have a computer. How can I get his printer back online? Can it be done through my Mac laptop if I connect it to his network. Do I have to install his printer software?
Also Check: Ip Address Of Brother Printer
How Do I Use The Hp Smart App On Iphone
You can print or scan using the app, so heres a summary of what to do in each case:
How To Change Photo Size To Print From Your Iphone
Sometimes adjusting the print size on your iPhone still doesn’t give you the paper size you want when printing photos. To adjust the print size for a photo when printing from your iPhone, you may need to crop the photo in the Photos app first.
Common cropping ratios for printing a photo using your iPhone are 8:10, 2:3, and 5:7. You can select the option that looks best for the photo you are printing.
Read Also: Reset Ink Cartridge Hp 61
Restart Your Iphone Printer And Wireless Router
Restarting your devices is a simple first step we can take to try and fix a minor software glitch. There are two different ways to restart your iPhone depending on which model you have:
- iPhones without Face ID: Press and hold the power button until the slide to power off slider appears on the display. Swipe the power icon left-to-right to shut down your iPhone. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the power button again until the Apple logo appears on the center of the screen.
- iPhones with Face ID: Simultaneously press and hold the side button and either volume button until slide to power off appears on the screen. Swipe the power icon from left-to-right to turn off your iPhone. To turn your iPhone on again, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
The process of restarting your printer and router are a little less complicated. Unplug them from the wall, then plug them back in. Thats it!
B Give Print From Your Apple Device
Primarily, remember to check if the printer is turned ON, ink cartridges are installed and paper has been loaded in the paper tray of the printer.
- Next, tap on the print or the print icon to extend the printer options.
- Tap select printer to choose your printer.
Change any of the following print job settings. Available settings vary depending on the app you are printing from, the print job type, and your printer.
Paper: Make paper size changes on the printer. AirPrint automatically detects the paper size loaded in the printer or the size selected on the printer control panel. If the detected size is different than the paper in the tray, an error might display asking to confirm the size.
A number of copies: Choose the number of copies you want to print.
Black & White: You will get this option in only color printers. So choose to print in grayscale.
Double-sided printing: Print on both sides of the paper for certain file types.
Page range: click on the pages on a webpage or a document you want to print.
The above article was for all the iOS operating systems that include HP printers, Apple smartphones, and tablets. We hope the above article helped you to Connect iPhone to HP Printer.
Read Also: Fax Through Wifi
How To Clear Print Queue On Iphone
Open the App Switcher, then tap Print Center. The badge on the icon shows how many documents are in the queue. To cancel a print job, select it in Print Center, then tap Cancel Printing.
People ask also, How do I cancel a print job from my iPhone? To cancel a print job, open the App Switcher, tap Print Center, then tap Cancel Printing.
Also know, How do I clear a stuck print queue?
Also, Can you clear the print queue? Click the Printer menu and then choose the Cancel all documents command. All the documents in the queue should disappear and you can try printing a new document to see if it works.
Likewise, Where are printer settings iPhone?
How To Add An Hp Printer To Iphone
If you have an HP printer, you may have noticed that some HP printers support ePrint, which means you can print from iPhone files wirelessly by using the AirPrint feature of the iPhone using your ePrint-supported HP printer:
Step 1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes and iPhone firmware or higher.
Step 2. Connect your HP printer to the Internet-connected to your iPhone.
Step 3. You need to install HP iPrint Application on the App Store and then open it to see your iPhone photo library.
Step 4. Select the iPhone photos you wanna print, then you will get a new screen where you need tap on the “Print” button, and now you can see the HP printer as your iPhone printer listed.
Don’t Miss: Scan From Printer To Mac
How To Print From Iphone To Hp Printer Using Email
People are not the only ones that have email addresses. With the HP Smart application HP ePrint, you can print documents up to 10Mb total by sending email attachments to the ePrint email address. This is a secure cloud-based service that lets you print from anywhere with an active Internet connection.
Supported file types of HP email Print: Ms Word/PowerPoint presentation/Outlook, image file , Adobe Acrobat files , Text file and HTML file.
Step 1: Enable Web Services on your printer and link your printer to HP Smart App to get your printers email address.
Step 2: Enter your ePrint address in the To: field.
Step 3: Add files as attachments that you would like to print.
Step 4: Send the email.
Print via email with HP ePrint is as easy as forwarding your message to your printers email address. No special software is needed. You can also make your personalized memorable printer address by logging in to your HP Smart account.
Setup Hp Printer On Iphone To Print Using The Apple Device
After setting up the connection between the iPhone and the HP printer. Take print of your documents and photos in your printer by following the steps given below:
- In order to print the documents and photos, make sure that the hp printer is turned on, ink cartridges are filled, and plain paper is loaded on the printer.
- Open the item which you need to print and then select the share icon.
- And then select the print or print icon on the screen to open the hp printer option.
- Select your printer by clicking on the select printer option on the screen.
- After selecting your printer change the settings on the print screen, it will vary depending on the devices.
- Paper: Make the paper sizes as same as the document you need to print. The AirPrint automatically detects the size of the paper loaded in the tray.
- The number of copies: in this type the number of copies of the document you need to print.
- Black and white: In this select the option grayscale. This will be available only on the color printer.
- Double-sided printing: Select this option if you need to take the print on both sides of the paper.
- Page range: select the number of pages to be printed in the document or the web page to print.
These are the steps Everyone should follow to setup HP Printer on iPhone & to the smart devices such as iPad, or tablets.
Read Also: Why Does My Printer Say Its Offline
How To Print From An Iphone Or Ipad With Airprint
Most current with wireless capabilities have the AirPrint feature, which allows the printer to easily sync up with an iPhone or iPad and print directly.
Quick tip: You can check this list of AirPrint-compatible printers to see if your printer has AirPrint. The list is very long, but if you hit control + F and type in the name of your printer, you can quickly check.
To add a printer to your iPhone or iPad with AirPrint and use it to print:
1. Open the document, image, or webpage you wish to print. This can be located in your email, web browser, Photos app, Files app, or elsewhere.
2. Locate and hit the “Share” button, which is the square with an arrow aiming upward out of its center. If you don’t see this button, depending on the app you’re using, you may need to select the icon of three horizontal dots or the icon of an arrow pointing to the left.
3. In the pop-up, scroll down until you see an icon of a printer next to the word “Print.”
4. Tap “Print,” and on the next screen, tap “Select Printer” at the top. Find and select the name of the nearby printer you wish to use.
5. Hit the word “Print” written in blue in the top-right corner of the screen.
The AirPrint enabled printer will now be added to your list of preferred devices and will come up as an option for printing whenever in range. You can add another printer to your iPhone at any time by following the same steps with a new printer.
How To Print From An Iphone / Ipad To Hp Printer Using Airprint
There are several options for us to print from iPhone / iPad to an HP Printer. The easiest way is to use Apple AirPrint. AirPrint enables you to create full-quality photos and documents printed output without any chores to install additional drivers or software. It helps you print from your iOS devices wirelessly. Most types of printer models including HP, CanonBrotherEpson, Samsung and a number of other printer manufacturers support Apple AirPrint, if you are not sure, please check here and press Ctrl+F to search on this comprehensive Apple AirPrint Devices list.
The requirements of AirPrint:
You need an iPhone 3GS or newer, 3rd generation iPod touch or newer, any model iPad, iOS 4.2 running on your iDevice, access to a Wi-Fi network, as well as an AirPrint compatible printer.
In this guide, we will take HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3700 All-in-One Printer series for example.
Step 1: Connect to Wi-Fi.
To use AirPrint, you need to connect your iPhone and this HP printer to the same Wi-Fi. Make sure both the iPhone and the HP Printer are successfully connected. On the screen of the printer, the Wi-Fi button is on when connected.
Step 2: Open the photo, email, or document, and other files that you want to print.
Step 3: Tap the button, and then select Print.
Step 4: Set the Print options.
In the printer screen tap select Printer. Afterward, select the scanned HP printer like HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3700 All-in-One Printer series.
Don’t Miss: How To Clean Printer Heads Epson
How To Setup Hp Envy 4520 Wireless Printer On Tablet
- Install the HP Smart app in your Android or Apple device.
- Ensure that the mobile device is connected to the wireless network.
- Open the HP Smart app and then add your printer.
- If the printer displays, continue to print.
- If the printer does not display, press the + sign to choose the printer from the list of printers.
How To Print Using Apple Airprint
The AirPrint application is used to print high-quality documents for you. Using Airprint you need to print a document that is a third-generation iPod or iPhone 3GS. You also need a printer that is compatible with Airprint with the latest firmware. This feature of AirPrint is the same on all iOS smartphones. This is why this software is very easy to use.
Step 1: Connect to the wireless network
If you want to use the AirPrint method, this can be done even if the printer and iPhone are connected to the same wireless network. It is important to note that your office setup may have multiple networks, and enabling Airprint is entirely dependent on the printer. For detailed instructions, you may need to go through the printer documentation or check the manufacturers website to see how you can connect to your wireless network.
Step 2: Select a printer
Run the AirPrint application and check if there is a connection between the printer and the iPhone. The air print support app can be Evernote, Safari or Mail. These apps have icons similar to replies to emails. Now when you click print, the printer is selected as the default device. If this is not your default printer, you can use the iPhone to scan all nearby printers. This is an important step to connect your iPhone to your HP printer.
Step 3: Select the number of print copies
Step 4: Print Sample Documents
You May Like: How To Use Printer Schematica
A Set Up The Network Connection
1. Connect iPhone to HP Printer to use Airprint wirelessly.
Firstly, make sure your Apple device is turned on and its wifi too. Also, look for the checkmark next to the name of your local Wi-Fi network. If you are connected to a different network, tap the name of your network to join it
2. Check the Printer Network Connection Status
a.Printer with touchscreen control panel: To check the printer network connection status, go to the network settings or setup menu, or tap on the wireless icon.
b. A printer without touchscreen control panel:Press the wireless and start to copy black buttons at the same time or the wireless and information option both at the same time.
3. Check the Connection Status and Perform the Following
a. If the printer is connected to the network: Proceed to print from the device once you see that the printer is already connected to the network. Skip to the step to print from your device.
b. If the printer is not connected to the network: Continue with the ongoing steps.
4. Connect the Printer to the Network
a. Printer with touchscreen control panel: On the printer, go to the setup > network > wireless menu and then tap on wireless setup wizard. Now follow the further instructions to Connect iPhone to HP Printer.
b. A printer without touchscreen control panel: Press and hold down the wireless and cancel buttons, both at the same time till the power light flashes. Next wait for a few seconds for the wireless light to flash.
How To Print Using Hp Smart App
This topic details the series of steps involved in setting up an HP printer on the iPhone using the HP Smart App.
Step 1: Install the HP smart spp application
- Go to your browser and open a website called 123.hp.com on your iPhone and install the application.
- Make sure that your mobile is connected to your wireless network.
- Install printer-use-hp-smart-apps How to set up HP printer on iPhone / iPad.
After installation, open the HP Smart Application, click the plus sign to add something to print and select your printer name.
Step 2: Print, copy & scan the Documents
After installing the smart app you can easily set up a wireless connection to connect to the printer. After connecting your printer and your iPhone, you can easily do the following options:
- You can print documents or photos using your HP printer.
- The scanning process is also performed using this printer.
- Scan using your mobile camera.
- You can copy documents, cards, and photos.
Step 3: Manage the printer setting
After you select documents that are printed or scanned using the iPhone, you need to set printer settings, status, and supplies.
- To change the printers settings and change its status, select the home screen.
- To change printer settings, choose a printer, and view other information related to printer information, reports, and print details.
Don’t Miss: Check Canon Printer Ink Levels