How Do I Get My Samsung Printer Back Online
Check the printer driver to make sure it is not set to offline:
Restart Computer And Printer
As simplistic as it sounds, this is a tried and true solution. Restarting your printer and computer can help refresh the components necessary for the two to communicate.
When you restart your printer, turn your printer off, unplug the power cord, and let it sit for at least 30 seconds. Plug your printer back in and turn the printer back on. Make sure it is once again connected to the WiFi.
Solutions To Get Your Printer Jobs Moving Again
Printing a document or image is usually a quick task. Occasionally, your printer may display an offline status and not process your print job. If your printer is offline for no apparent reason, a few steps will often get it back online and printing again.
Here’s a look at why your printer is offline and what you can do to fix it.
This information applies to Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7, as well as macOS Catalina through OS X Mavericks .
You May Like: What Does Collated Mean Printer
How Do I Change My Printer From Offline To Online In Windows 7
Printers can be frustrating when they are not working correctly, due largely to the fact that errors can occur for seemingly no reason. Whether your print jobs dont look right, you are getting constant paper jams, or printing is inconsistent or erratic, printers are often some of the most difficult electronic devices to work with. So if your printer is showing as offline and you cant print, then you may be trying to figure out why its showing as offline when the printer was working before and nothing has changed.
One issue that you might encounter is Windows 7 not being able to connect to your printer to send documents that you want to print. Further investigation into the issue might lead you to discover that Windows 7 thinks the printer is offline.
There are several reasons why this might be occurring, so you will need to follow the instructions in this tutorial to learn how to change your printer from offline to online.
Once your printer is back online, it should then start printing the documents that you have sent to the printer that are currently sitting in your print queue.
Additional Troubleshooting For An Offline Printer In Windows 7
- Check that the printer is turned on, and that the USB cable is properly connected to both the back of the printer and your computer. If your printer is wireless, you may need to restart the printer, then restart your computer to see if you can re-establish the wireless connection.
- If you are using a wireless printer, have you recently changed your router, or changed the name of the wireless network? If so, you may need to update your wireless printer with the new wireless network settings. If your wireless printer does not feature a control panel on the printer that allows you to change the network settings, you may need to temporarily connect the printer to your computer with a USB cable to modify the settings.
- If your wired printer is still showing an offline status, despite the fact that it is plugged in and connected to your computer, then there may be a problem with the port to which the device is connected.
Also Check: How To Connect Canon Ts3122 Printer To Iphone
How Can I Make My Offline Printer Show As Online Again
In this brief guide I will take you from the most simple solution for this problem to completely removing your printers driver and software.
It may be tempting to skip the earlier steps and assume that all cables etc are still connected. It could however save you a lot of time in the long run to follow each bit of troubleshooting offered here.
Restart The Windows Print Spooler
The Print Spooler is an important system component that powers the execution of print jobs and the discovery of printers on Windows devices. Your printer may appear as Offline if the Print Spooler service isnt running. Head to the Windows Services Manager and make sure everythings in order.
The Windows Services Manager will stop the process and restart it immediately. If the Restart is grayed out on the context menu, that means the Printer Spooler wasnt running in the first place. Select Start to launch the service.
Head to the Windows Printer menu and check if your printers now online.
Also Check: Elpamsoft Airprint
How Do I Change My Printer Status From Offline To Online
2] Change Printer Status
20 . 2019 .
Remove And Add The Printer
If the above-mentioned methods do not work, the best way will be to remove the printer from the system and add it again. It is a simple process that may also include . Follow the steps for the further process.
- Disconnect the printer from your computer
- Go to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer you want to remove > Click on Remove device
- Plug the printer back, and Windows should add it back again and install the needed drivers again.
- The reinstallation will restore the Printer to online status.
If this doesnt work, add the printer again by selecting the Add a Printer option from Printers and Scanners.
Read Also: How To Print From Iphone To Brother Printer
Why Do Printers Go Offline
Well, there is an issue in this regard which is mostly faced by the windows users.
The issue is that it shows an offline message on only one machine, and all other computers have an online signal.
Well, you might be thinking that this issue could be an IP address issue, but in reality, it is not.
The solution to this issue is much more straightforward but a bit stranger too.
How To Turn Your Printer Status Back Online In Windows 7
Windows 7 will automatically detect if a printer in your office is online, and if the operating system is unable to connect with the printer, it will change the status to “offline.” Any document that you send to an offline printer will be queued and printed later. Sometimes, however, Windows doesn’t detect that a printer is back online. You can manually change a printer’s status to “online” from the Devices and Printers dialog window.
Locate the printer that is offline. Right-click on the printer icon and choose “See What’s Printing.”
Select the “Printer” menu near the top of the screen. If “Use Printer Offline” is checked, the printer is offline.
You May Like: Why Is My Hp Printer Printing Blank Pages
Why My Brother Printer Is Offline But Shows Online
Many Windows users report issues related to Brother printer offline even if they are connected and fully operational. The error is usually found in the printers that function with a wi-fi network connection. Then one must follow the technical guidelines used for troubleshooting printer offline error.;
Go to the start button of the desktop and right-click on that, a small screen will pop-up and then click on Devices and Printers. The next tab will open the control Panel>Hardware and Sound> Devices and Printers. Now look for your printer model and right-click on it and now click on see whats printing. Now, reset the printer and click on set as default.
Make Sure ‘use Printer Offline’ Mode Is Not Selected
HP wireless printer goes offline if Use printer in offline mode is selected.; Therefore a user must ensure that this option is not selected. The navigation for rectifying this setting is as follow-
- Select the start menu- click on settings
- Now from the listed printers, select and right click on your HP printer.
- Thereafter from the menu, uncheck the option of Use Printer Offline. Now your Hp printer will come back in online mode.;
Recommended Reading: How To Scan Documents To Computer With Canon Printer
Solution One: Restart Your Printer And Check Its Connectivity
If you printer has been online and yet not in use for some time, it may have gone into an idle state. The simplest solution here would be to turn it off for about one minute and then switch it back on. See if the problem has been resolved.
Then, check if the printer is properly connected to its power source: it has to be on and connected to your computer. One of the main reasons your printer may show as offline are connection issues: so, its best to double check that everything is properly connected first. If it is, move on to the next solution.
One Smart Way To Get The Printer Back Online From Offline
- To get your printer online, go to the settings and after that select Printers. Right-click the Printer option and click on Use Printer Online.
- Check if there are some print jobs. If yes, then remove them. Double click on the printer you want to select.
- Select the Printer Menu and click on the Cancel all documents option.
- If there were any print jobs or , it may have caused the error and made the printer go offline. In this case, try printing again to make the printer come online again. Print a page as the test to check that there are no errors now.
- Find the printer and switch that to Printer Off and then, again turn it on again.
- Check and make sure there should be no print jams.
- Again, check the network connectivity and also wireless connections. Make sure every connection should be properly working. Reboot your computer or device. ;
- In case, if it does not work, you will need to do the re-installation of drivers.
Don’t Miss: Hp 2540 Offline
What Does Printer Offline Mean
Printers work offline when they have a hard-line connection to the computer holding the document. The printer itself does not have a hard-drive and cannot perform without a means of viewing your document. Bringing a printer online means it can print documents without a direct connection to the computer.
Other Important Factor Due To Which ‘hp Printer Shows Offline’
Whenever your HP printer says offline, always consider these factors-
- In case of a wireless connection, always ensure that you printer and computer are on same Wi-Fi network. To know more about connecting your HP printer to wireless network, .;
- Once the HP printer is configured in the computer, always reboot your system so that the settings of HP printer can be saved.
- Paper jams, low ink levels, voltage fluctuations, lack of compatibility are other reasons that may cause your printer to go offline.
You May Like: How To Install Canon Printer Without Cd On Windows 10
Physically Checking The Printer And Cables
- Check that both ends of the USB cable are properly inserted. And, if the printer has networks, then check the proper insertion of Ethernet cables. And, ifyour printer has a wireless connection, then check for the internet connection and printers connectivity to the router.
- If the printer is connected with the help of a cable, try inserting the cable in different sockets on your computer.
- To make sure that there is no fault in the cable, you can check by using another cable.
Why Is My Printer Offline How To Get Printer Online On Windows 10
If you ever wonder why is your printer offline most of the time on Windows 10 computer, there could be several reasons for that. In this guide, we will talk about the possible reasons why a printer can go offline and how to make an offline printer online in Windows 10 or 8.1. Usually, printers may go offline due to network or USB cable connectivity issue, paper jam, out of paper, any other printer hardware faults and driver corruption. Mostly it will come back to online automatically when these issues are solved, but sometimes we need to make a printer online manually, and lets see how to do it on Windows 10 or 8.1.
The below methods are applicable for Windows 7 users also. I hope you have upgraded your Windows 7 OS as it is not under direct Microsoft support any more.
Making a printer online on Windows 10 or 8.1 is changed compared the steps we followed in earlier Operating Systems such as; XP, Vista which is by right-clicking it and making online. Microsoft changed the way of making a printer online from offline in Windows 7 and later Operating Systems.
Right-clicking the printer option does not give the option to bring the printer online like earlier Operating Systems. If you could remember, it used to work like below in Windows XP and Vista.
But, if you right-click in Windows 10 or 8.1, you will see a completely different menu as shown below,
Read Also: Hp Printers That Use 564 Ink Cartridges
Restart Your Printer & Check For Connectivity
If your printer has been online and has not been in use for some time, it might have gone into an idle state. In this case, you need to turn the printer off for about one minute and then switch it on again. Now have a check if your problem is resolved.
- Check that your printer is connected to power and is turned on.
- If you connect to the printer using a USB cable, check that the cable is properly connected. Resit the cable at the printer and on your computer.
- However, if you connect to the printer using Wifi, check that you are connected as well.
If your printer still shows an offline status, move on to the next solution.
Manually Set Printer Online
To manually set your printer online with Windows:
- In the window that appears, select Devices and Printers .
To manually set your printer online with MacOS:
- In the Apple menu, click System Preferences and select Print & Scan.
- If a yellow light appears next to your printers name, double-click the icon for your printer. Click Resume from the window.
Read Also: How To Connect Canon Mg2522 Printer To Wifi
How To Make Your Offline Printer Online
2012-09-15T10:32September 15, 2012
A common problem for printer users is finding that their computer thinks a printer is offline, when it is clearly on and ready to print. This is caused by a communication error between your PC and printer. Normally it will be something as simple as a cable coming loose at one end or a knock-on effect from a paper-jam. However a printer appearing as Offline; in error can be down to problems with your printers driver or software which is a little more difficult to fix.
The advice given here is universal and can be used in conjunction with a variety of printers including those manufactured by Brother, Canon, Epson, Dell, HP, Kodak Lexmark and many others.
How To Set The Printer To Online Manually
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers.
Right click the printer in question and select See whats printing.
From the window that opens choose Printer from the menu bar at the top.
Select Use Printer Online from the drop down menu.
Recommended Reading: Mg2522 Wireless Setup
How To Restore The Printer To Online Status In Windows 11/10
If you often use a printer at your work, you may have noticed that printers on Windows 11/10 can have online and offline status. Naturally, if you want to use your printer, you will want its status to be online. This post will show how you can change a Printer status to online or Restore the Printer to online status from offline status.
Solution Four: Remove And Add The Printer
If the above solution has not worked, try removing the printer from the system and adding it again. It is a rather simple process. However, you may also be required to download some drivers and OEMs applications. Heres how to proceed:
- Disconnect the printer from your PC.
- Navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select Remove device.
Recommended Reading: Why Is My Brother Printer Not Connecting To My Computer
Check The Printers Cable Or Network Connection
Before you jump to tweaking your PCs settings, make sure the printer is correctly plugged into the power outlet and powered on. For wireless printers, ensure your PC and printer are on the same network.
Some printers go into Sleep mode after minutes of inactivity. In Sleep mode, the printer will appear offline on your computer. Press the printers power button to wake it up. Wait for some seconds and check if that changes the printer status to Online on your computer.
You also want to ensure that the cable connecting the printer to your computer or router fits correctly in the appropriate port. Likewise, connect the printer directly to your PCs port, not through a USB hub. If the printer continues to appear offline, switch the printer to a different port on your computer or router.
For wireless printer connections, reboot the router, and reconnect the printer to the network.