Why Does My Wireless Printer Say Its Offline
If your wireless canon printer says its offline, then it might have some problem. The issue must be making your printer stop working and you are not able to get the printouts. Below are common causes that make canon printer offline:
Canon Usa Inc Limited Warranty
A range of Canon USA customer technical support* options are available: Interactive troubleshooting, the latest driver downloads,hours of operation, and answers to frequently asked questions Toll-free live technical support MondayFriday at 1-800-OK-CANON Telephone Device for the Deaf Warranty Service:In the event service is required for the Product during the limited warranty period, a Canon USA Customer Care Center representative will attempt to diagnose the nature of the problem and, if possible, correct it over the telephone. If the problem cannot be corrected over the telephone, you will be provided instructions for Canon USAs then current warranty service procedures. You may be asked for the Product serial number and/or other information pertaining to your Product.
This limited warranty give you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.* Support program specifics are subject to change without notice.
Canon is a registered trademark of Canon Inc. in the United States and may also be a registered trademark in other countries
How To Scan A Document On A Canon Printer
This article was written by Travis Boylls. Travis Boylls is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Travis has experience writing technology-related articles, providing software customer service, and in graphic design. He specializes in Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux platforms. He studied graphic design at Pikes Peak Community College.The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 1,078,127 times.
This wikiHow teaches you how to scan a digital version of a physical document into your computer using a Canon all-in-one printer. You can do this on both Windows and Mac computers.
You May Like: How To Get My Epson Printer Back Online
Action : Canon Printer Driver Not Found / Reinstall The Printer Driver
If the above workarounds do not improve offline, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver in windows 10. The procedure for uninstalling the printer driver is as follows.
- Open Start> Windows System Tools> Control Panel.
- For the icon display, click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click Offline Printers and select Remove Device.
- The printer driver will be uninstalled.
- After uninstalling the printer driver, install the latest printer driver and perform the initial settings of the printer. Drivers are often distributed on the official website of the printer manufacturer, so check the model number and download the latest driver.
Action 7: Check if Windows 10 is up to date
If your printer has frequent offline notifications, you may be able to resolve it by updating your Windows 10 system. Update Windows 10 is basically done automatically, but there are cases where the update is stopped because it is processed in the background.
Still Not Able To Fix Run Our Diagnostic Tool
Faulty or Outdated Printer Drivers Can Also Lead to the Canon Printer offline Error:
Outdated or faulty printer drivers can be the reason for Canon Printer Goes offline Windows 10 status. Make sure you install and update the correct printer drivers for your system. You can update it manually or automatically.
Follow these steps to update Canon printer Driver :
- First go to the search box on Windows system and open run dialog box
- Then type devmgmt.msc in the run dialog box as shown below in the image.
- Next Device manager window will open. From there expand the print queues option to find your Canon printer from the list.
- Then right click on your Canon printer model and click on Update Driver option from the menu.
- Next Click on the Search automatically option to update driver software and then reboot your computer. These steps will resolve your offline problem on Windows 10 for Canon printer.
Read Also: Set Up Wifi Printer On Iphone
How To Bring An Offline Canon Printer Online
Resolving Printer Offline Problem By Our Expert Technicians. If, you are getting Canon Printer Offline error feel free Chat with Technician. If you are using a canon printer, it is possible that your printer cannot print correctly and then you find that its status is offline.
This is frustrating especially when you are trying to print something urgently needed. Therefore, Learn about How to Bring an Offline Canon Printer Online?
Printer is a Japanese brand which has spread its wings all over the world now. It is recognised for manufacturing of cameras, camcorders, steppers, photocopiers, & medical equipment. Now, it is also famous for producing the high-quality printers specially known for their reliability & affordability & face issues like canon printer offline.
How To Get Printer Online
This is really problematic whenever you are trying to print some useful document on your Printer. But your printer says printer is offline message. You will see printer will not print anything and you have no idea why you are not getting any prints out from your printer. Check out this useful article about how to get printer online back from offline status.
There is a number of reason your printer can go offline. In many cases, there might be a connectivity issue while sometimes powered down the printer. In most of the cases, you can get the printer back online by just following a few steps from your windows. But even if you are not able to get back your printer online status, there are few more troubleshooting steps you can use to get your printer online.
Read Also: Why Does My Hp Envy Keep Going Offline
How To Fix Canon Printer Showing Offline Error In Windows 10
Firstly let us check the basic connection issue which may show Canon printer is offline status on Windows 10 . So ensure your printer is receiving power properly and is connected to the computer either through the USB cable or through a wireless network.
Check for your Canon Printer Set as Default Settings: Due to the wrong settings in the computer Canon printer can show offline error. Therefore, check your Windows 10 settings and make sure that your printer is selected as the Default printer.
Follow these steps to setup as default your canon printer
- Open Control Panel from windows search and go to the Devices and Printers option.
- Next from the shown printers, right click on your Canon printer and select the option of set as default. Once your printer is set as default, you will see a Green check mark on it.
Disabled Use Printer Offline Status: Follow the given steps to make sure your Canon printer is free from errors-
- Firstly, restart your printer and open run box from Windows search bar. Thereafter, open control panel and select Device and Printers.
- Next, your installed Canon printer will be shown on your screen.
- If you see your printer with a green check mark, then right click on your printer icon and select See whats printing option. However, if you see your printer in grey color, right click on it and select Set as default printer option. Refer to the image below.
Make sure Canon Printers Spooler Service is Turned ON:
Solution : Restarting The Spooler Service
The spooler service is a software program that is responsible for managing all print jobs being sent to the computer printer. The print spooler service is usually visible to users and they can also cancel a print job that is being processed. It also allows them to manage jobs that are currently on the waitlist.
We can try restarting this service and check if this solves the problem.
Permission might be needed to access the following folder. If prompted, press Continue.
Don’t Miss: Sync Printer To Iphone
Cannot Find Printer While Using Wireless Lan
This section describes the troubleshooting when using the computer.
For the troubleshooting when using the smartphone or the tablet:
Check1Check the power status of printer and other devices .
Turn on the printer or devices.
If the power is already turned on, turn it off and on again.
Check2Make sure Wi-Fi lamp is lit on operation panel.
If the Wi-Fi lamp is off, the wireless LAN is disabled.Follow the procedure below to enable the wireless LAN.
Press and hold Wi-Fi button and release it when Wi-Fi lamp flashes.
Press Black button.
Press the Wi-Fi button repeatedly until the Network lamp lights.
Press Color button or Black button to finalize selection.
Check3Make sure printer setup is complete.
If it is not, perform setup.
Use the Setup CD-ROM or follow the instructions on the Canon website.
For Mac OS:
Follow the instructions on the Canon website.
Check4If you can use IJ Network Device Setup Utility, look for printer again.
Check5Make sure printer and wireless router network settings match.
Make sure the network settings of the printer are identical with those of the wireless router.
To check the settings of the wireless router, refer to the instruction manual provided with it or contact its manufacturer.
To check the current network settings of the printer, print out the network setting information.
Reconnect Your Canon Printer To Wi
To fix the wireless printer connectivity issues, this is the first thing you should try. Although these steps might slightly vary for different printer models, you can still try it:
- Go to the Settings of the printer.
- Now, Forget the connection of the router.
- Then, reconnect it to a Wi-Fi network.
- For this, you need to press and hold the Wi-Fi button.
- You need to do it until the light starts to blink.
- Now, press the WPS button.
- Make sure it is blinking blue continuously. This means it is searching for the available networks.
- When it finds and sets to a network, it will stop blinking but will remain steady.
Now, try to print from your Canon printer and see if it works.
Dont Miss: How To Connect Canon Mg2522 Printer To Wifi
Don’t Miss: Wps Pin Epson Printer
Why Wont My Wireless Canon Printer Scan To My Computer
You may need to update your printer/scanner driver. Connectivity is a possible issue make sure any cables are secure, such as a USB connection. Your device driver for the Canon scanner may be outdated or missing. Device drivers can become corrupted, which may cause your scanner to not work properly.
Connect Your Printer To The Pc Via Usb Or Wifi
- If your printer and computer possess a USB cable connection, you have to make sure that the cable develops a good connection between the two. Therefore, please check both the ends of the cable and ensure the proper connection.
- If you use a USB connection, we advise you to connect your printer directly to the USB port on your PC and not through a hub connector.
- If not a USB cable connection, you might have an Ethernet cable. In this case, you have to make sure that you connect one end of the cable to the router while the other to your Canon MG3600 printer.
- Moreover, you have to confirm the IP address of your printer. For this purpose, you have to print the Network configuration page.
- In the case of a Wi-Fi connection, you have to ensure the excellent harmony of your printer to the router.
- You also have to print out the Network configuration page from your printer to confirm its IP address.
However, if this step fails to resolve your offline error on Canon MG3600, it would be better to move to the next step given below.
You May Like: Connect Smartphone To Printer
Solution : Reconnect Printer To Wi
Before we refer to other workarounds, first we will reconnect your printer your Wireless router. You can forget wireless router from your Canon printer by accessing its settings. Then you can reconnect it from scratch. We have demonstrated how to connect a wireless network to a specific canon printer. Your model might be different but the steps are more or less the same.
The light will keep blinking while searching for available networks. It will also keep blinking when it is connecting to the access points. When the printer successfully connects to the access point, the light will remain lit.
WPS button on your router is present somewhat to its side.
If you dont want to use the WPS method to connect to your network, you can use the settings on your printer LCD and connect accordingly.
How Do I Connect My Canon Printer To My Imac
How to Add Canon Network Printer to MACFirstly link the USB cable television with Mac and printer.From the Apple menu click on Choices and then choose print and fax. If printer doesnt respond then go to the printers chauffeur download.On the printer web browser window you will see the two choices.Lisää kohteita
Read Also: How Do You Scan On A Canon Mg2520
How Do You Reset A Chip In A Cartridge
Resetting the chip in a cartridge is a task that needs professionals help. If you are not aware of the steps in include you can see below.
Step 1: Buy a chip resetter
Step 2: Change the cartridge place
Step 3: Push the pin
Step 4: LED changes to green
Step 5: Put Cartridge back
If you are still unable to perform the above steps and reset your printers chip then you should take the guidance of an expert.
The Reason Why Your Printer Is Offline:
If all these steps fail to work for you, then publish your query on the Canon Support Forum and get the best Canon Printer From Offline to Online customer service directly from Canons technical support team.
Don’t Miss: Connect Phone To Printer
Follow The Given Set Of Instructions Carefully To Get Canon Printer Online From Offline:
Step 1: Click on “Windows” key of your computer and then go to control panel of your computer system.
Step 2: Click on “Devices and Printers”, this will take you to a tab where your printer will be listed. Look for your printer name and right click on it. From the drop-down menu make sure that your printer has been set as the default printer.
Once that is verified go down and see the option for “Use Printer Offline”, if this option has been checked, uncheck it and save the settings. Restart your printer and see if the problem is resolved.
Why My Canon Printer Is Offline On Mac
Communication problem between Mac & printer may cause Printer Offline error in Canon Printer. Some of the most common questions asked by Mac users regarding this problem are-
- My Wireless Printer Status Is Offline on Mac
- How to Get My Printer Back on a Mac When It Is Offline
- Why my Canon printer says offline? How do I fix it?
- How to Get Canon Printer Online on MAC ?
- Why my Canon printer keeps going offline on my Mac device ?
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix Canon Printer Keeps Going offline On MAC Error
Follow these two methods to fix Canon printer is showing offline on Mac
1 . USB Connection Method to Get Back Printer Online from Offline Mode:
- First press and hold power button to hard reboot the Canon printer.
- Now go the the Printer and Scanner option using System Preference on MAC and delete your printer from your MAC Device.
- Then uninstall the Canon printer driver from Utilities.
- Now unplug the MAC and printer with USB cable
- Thereafter, download the latest version of Canon printer drivers from its official website and install it on your Mac.
- Now press and hold the power button to restart the Canon Printer.
- Again connect your MAC and Printer using USB cable.
- Thereafter, click on Apple menu and open System and Preference. Now open Printer and Scanners & add new printer using the + sign.
- Now your Canon printer status will be online and its ready for use.
2. Reset Apples Printing System
- First go to the Apple Menu
You May Like: Put Printer Back Online Windows 10