How Do You Get A Brother Printer Back Online
Reboot the printer, and manually uncheck the offline option in the printer settings to bring a Brother printer back online. You need a Windows computer with Internet access and a Brother printer to get started.
Turn off the printer, and wait for 10 seconds. Turn on the printer, and wait for it to finish booting.
Check the connection between the computer and the printer. Look for a green light on the network status indicator. A green light indicates the printer has a connection with the computer.
Log in to your computer account, and click the Start button. Next, click Devices and Printers. Type Devices and Printers in the search field if you do not see the link.
Right-click your printer from the list, and select See Whats Happening. Wait for the print spooler window to open.
How To Fix Basic Brother Printer Issue
The above-mentioned problems seem tough to resolve. But they are the most common problems that you can resolve very quickly by your end only. Just with the little assistance and guidance, you can resolve these problems. Or you can contact here at Tech Support Expert. Our highly qualified and experienced Technical Support Associates will provide you the best assistance. You can fix the Brother Printer Unable to Print problem with the right assistance.
Some Basic Problems: Before proceeding further, follow some basic checks for my brother printer will not print issue. Because sometimes with the basic check only the huge problem resolve in fractions of seconds. So check these conditions:
- The Printer is ON or not.
- Toner is available in printer or not.
- The printer connects with Computer or not.
- Some printer has a paper tray inside, so check either there are papers inside or not for print.
Fix 6 Check For Damaged System Files
Missing or damaged system files can also lead to various printer issues and prevent your printer from working normally. You can simply run the Windows System File Checker to scan your computer and repair the corrupted system files. However, for more stubborn issues related to DLL or Windows Registry Key, you may need a professional repair tool.
Reimage is a PC repair solution with various powerful functions. It can not only deals with hardware-related issues, but also detect any security threats like viruses or malware, and improve your PCs stability. Most importantly, it doesnt harm your custom settings and data.
1) and install Reimage.
2) Open Reimage and click Yes to run a free scan of your PC.
3) Reimage will scan your computer thoroughly. This may take a few minutes.
4) Once done, youll see a detailed report of all the issues on your PC. To fix them automatically, click START REPAIR. This requires the purchase of the full version. And it also has a 60-day money-back guarantee so that you can refund any time if Reimage doesnt solve the issue.
Check the status of your Brother printer to see if this method gives you luck. If not, check out the next solution.
You May Like: Wps Pin For Your Printer
Delete Stuck Printer Spooler Files And Restart
Unfinished printing jobs stuck in the printer spooler is a very big reason for the printer to be in an error state. Follow these steps to remove all files from the printer spooler and restart it:
- Navigate to this address and delete all the files inside it: C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers.
- If you can navigate to this folder, open the run box by pressing Windows key + r on the keyboard and then write down the path C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers and Choose OK.
- Close that and try navigating C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\W32X86 and then delete all files from there and close the folder.
After all the files from the printer spooler have been deleted, you will have to restart the print spooler service. To do so, perform the following steps:
- In Windows 10 search box, search for Services.
- OR press Windows + r and type services.msc.
- Look for Print Spooler and right click on it. Click on the Restart option.
- Wait for the spooler to restart, then restart your system and printer as well.
- Try taking out a test print to check if the problem is solved. If not, move onto the next method.
Usage Of Almost An Empty Black Cartridge
If you see that your Brother printer has recently started producing unsatisfactory documents, it indicates that you need to replace the black ink cartridge. Suppose you continue to use the black ink cartridge that is about to empty. In that case, you allow the air to stuck into the printer nozzle, which would cause further irritating issues while you print your documents.
Besides, once the air fills up the printer nozzle completely, your brother printer will cease to print in black. Therefore, as soon as you get the error from your printer about the black ink cartridge turning low, it would be better to replace it at the right time.
Read Also: Canon Pixma Mg2520 Scan To Computer
Regulate Steps To Fix Brother Printers Not Printing In Colors
Find the steps to perform when Brother printer is not printing in color mainly consist of two steps-
A. Firstly, check whether the ink cartridges are installed properly
B. Secondly clean the print head that might be leading to the issue.
1. Thats how you can check if your ink cartridges are installed well
- Open the paper output cover.
- Once the head cover opens , push up the ink cartridge lock lever.
- Now close the paper output cover.
Please note: If the error does not resolve, remove the fine cartridges and reinstall them.
2. Thats how you can clean the printhead.
- Begin by printing the print quality check sheet.
- At this step hit the ink or Ink indicator option and click on Test Print.
- Select the Print Quality option. Thereafter, press the Color Start key.
- Now closely check the print quality check sheet. The colors should appear in the order from left to right Black. Yellow, cyan and magenta.
- Now choose No when LCD asks you if the print quality is ok.
- Here LCD will ask you if you wish to start cleaning.
- In continuance with the above step , press the Color Start key and the machine starts cleaning the print head.
- Here press the Color Start option once the machine finishes cleaning printhead. Another print quality sheet will print.
- Here repeat the cleaning and quality check process as followed in the previous steps.
- Now compare the print quality check sheets and you will definitely see improvement.
- Lastly, press Stop or exit.
Brother Printer Not Printing
Brother Printers driver error also can cause the Brother Printer wont print on Mac. The driver error occurs due to the wrong driver selection or outdated driver for system. You have to select the proper driver for the printer so that the printer can work properly. Here is what you should do
- Install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.
- After the installation of driver, open Apple menu and click on System Preferences.
- Now click on Printers and Scanners option.
- Now your Brother printer will be ready to use on Mac
Read Also: Bring Hp Printer Online
Printing From A Windows Pc Or Mac
The following printing methods are available:
Printing with the printer driver
For more information on connection methods, see the following links:
If necessary, change the printer settings in the printer drivers dialog box, or in the Printer Setting Tool .
Clean The Brother Printer Heads
Note: Before applying these steps, make sure your Brother printer is switched off.
- Navigate towards the printers screen of your Brother printer and click on the Menu button.
- Use the navigation button and click on the Ink section.
- Open the Cleaning window and when the confirmation message pops on your printer screen, click on the OK button.
- Choose the Black colour from the given options and click right to open the properties.
- Choose the option of Clean and further select the Shading cartridges.
- Hit the Clean option and confirm your choice.
Once the steps are implemented properly and print heads are cleaned, your Brother will print documents without any issues.
You May Like: Dell E525w Wireless Setup
Change The Print Alignment
If your Brother printer is printing blank pages, you should try fixing the print alignment issues with your printer. Here are the correct steps to follow:
- Start the printer and open the Ink section.
- From the expanded options, choose the Improve Print Quality option.
- Navigate towards the Alignment option and click on it.
- Then, you will have to select the Size of the Paper as per the alignment you want.
- Next, you will have to push the basic alignment on the paper tray and fill in the tray with enough papers.
- Run a test print and see that your Brother printer is printing properly.
Update The Kiosk Settings
Now that you have your printer’s IP address, you need to enter this into the kiosk settings in WhosOnLocation:
When you open the WolKiosk app on your iPad, the app will automatically connect to your Brother printer using its IP address.
You May Like: Canon Mg3600 Orange Light
How To Bring An Offline Brother Printer Online
If you are unable to print from your Brother printer because it is showing message, then learn How to Bring an Offline Brother Printer to Online or do some changes to your printers setting, and you will get your printer back online and you can continue to print your documents again. If youre using brother printer offline fix windows 7.
Then you can resolve printer offline issue easily as it has a built-in feature for toggling between offline mode so that you can get back your Brother printer online. However, if your issue is still not resolved printer offline to online you may need to make some required changes with your printer setup & installation to restore normal printing functionality back.
Method : Update Printer Drivers
Sometimes the Error State is due to corrupt or outdated printer drivers. You can update your printer drives in Windows by:
- Opening the Control Panel
- Open the Print Queries folder
- Find your printer on the list of printers and right-click on it
- Select Update Driver
- Select the option to automatically search for updated driver software
You can also go to the Brother website to download the latest driver for your printer.
Depending on your printer model and operating system, you may need to uninstall the old printer driver before installing the new one.
You May Like: Can Hp Officejet 3830 Print On Cardstock
Uninstall And Install The Printer Driver
- Start your Windows PC and click on the Start button and expand the All Programs.
- Open the Control Panel window and double-click on the Printers and Scanners.
- Find the Brother printer driver and click right on it to expand options.
- Choose the Uninstall option.
- After a while, you will see that the Brother printer driver will be uninstalled.
- Now, launch a web browser and head to the Brother printers official page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the newly downloaded Brother printer driver.
- Once it is ready for use, restart your computer and your Brother printer as well.
After uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver, you will get past the why is my brother printer printing blank pages traumaforever.
Change The Printer Ink Status
One of the reasons why your Brother printer printing blank pages is that its ink status is set properly. Follow the steps mentioned below and change the status to the correct one:
- First, lets check whether the ink in the toner is full or empty. Turn on the Brother printer.
- Press the Menu button near the printer screen.
- Hit the OK button. Then, select the Ink volume option to open its window.
- Here, by clicking on the OK button, you can see the status of the ink.
If the status of the ink is turned off, turn it on by clicking on the toggle button. Refresh the printer at the end and your Brother printer will no more print blank pages.
How to Fix Brother Printer Printing Blank Pages Issue on Mac?
If your Brother printer is connected with your Mac device, then there is a particular way to fix blank print-up issues:
- Open the System Preferences section from the menu list of Apple applications.
- Choose the Printers & Scanners tab to open and further double-click on the Hardware tab.
- Then, navigate towards Printer Driver that is causing the Brother printer printing blank pages issues.
Note: Could not find your printer driver? Hit the + icon and then select the printer driver from the drop-down list. Now, click on the – icon and then hit the Delete button.
Now, you know how to deal when your Brother printer is printing blank pages.
How to Fix Brother Printer Printing Blank Pages Issue on Windows?
Read Also: Set Up Wifi Printer On Iphone
Continuous Mode Printing For Brother Laser Printer
Generally, the life of a Brother toner cartridge depends on its ability to continue to provide guaranteed print quality. In addition, when the toner cartridge is used, the available toner will be consumed and the functional components will be physically worn out. When the deterioration of the toner and/or materials reaches a level that cannot guarantee the print quality. Thus, a toner cartridge replacement error message will appear on the device display. Do you know the continuous printing mode with your Brother laser printer? Here is how to print in continuous print mode with your Brother TN450 and TN460 cartridges.
Fix 5 Clear The Print Queue
Failed or stuck print queue will also prevent your Brother printer from functioning smoothly. If so, clearing the queued output jobs can resume the printing process right away.
1) Click the Start button. Then, type services in theWindows search box and click Services.
2) Right-click Print Spooler and click Stop. Then, minimize the Services window.
3) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and E at the same time to open the File Explorer.
4) Copy the address below and paste it to the address bar. Then, press Enter on your keyboard.
5) Delete all the files in that folder.
6) Re-open the Services window. Then, click Print Spooler and click Start.
After you finish the steps above, restart your PC for the changes to take effect. Then, test if your Brother printer works as intended. If not, try the next fix.
You May Like: Setting Up Wireless Printer Brother
Installation Of A New Cartridge
We are unaware of the logic and link between the new cartridge and brother printer that stops printing black in documents. However, many professionals believe that if you have recently installed a new cartridge on your Brother printer, it may come up with not printing black issues.
Therefore, it would be better to check if you have installed the cartridge properly to avoid the relevant problem.
Empty Colored Ink Cartridges
The basic answer to the question Why is my printer printing in black and white only? is empty colored ink cartridges. So, you need to check your ink level if your Brother printer is only printing black and white.
How to Check Ink Level on Brother Printer
Do the following to check the ink level on a Brother printer
Step 1: Press the Menu button on the printer.
Step 2: Scroll through the options with the Up and Down buttons. When the printer displays Ink Management press OK.
Step 3: Scroll through the options and press OK when Ink Volume is displayed on the screen.
Alternatively, you may open the small door covering the ink cartridges and check them one after the other.
If your ink level is low or the cartridges are empty, then the ink cartridge has to be replaced to solve the problem. Also, ensure you always make use of original Brother printer ink cartridges to avoid reducing your print quality.
This Brother printer ink cartridge is compatible with the following Brother printer: DCP J152W, MFC J245, MFC J285DW, MFC J4310DW, MFC J4410DW, MFC J450DW, MFC J4510DW, MFC J4610DW, MFC J470DW, MFC J4710DW, MFC J475DW, MFC J650DW, MFC J6520DW, MFC J6720DW, MFC J6920DW, MFC J870DW, MFC J875DW.
Also Check: How To Connect My Macbook To A Printer
Adjust The Default Preferences Of My Printer Driver
To adjust the default settings of the printer driver, complete the following steps: