Wireless Network Printer Setup
Some advanced printers come with their own LCD panels which can be used for operating the printer and use its various functions. One such feature it offers is a wireless connection to the network. So, in case you have a wireless printer, the following steps will help you to use it with your Windows PC.
- To connect your wireless printer to a Wi-Fi network, make sure it is placed in the range of the router.
- Now, power on your printer and connect it to the Wi-Fi router by using the LCD screen. The prompt is usually very simple to operate and you can easily find the connection settings of your Printer. Select the correct SSID and enter the password to connect the printer successfully with the Wireless Network.
- Moving over to the Windows PC now, make sure the computer is connected to the same network as the Printer. Go to Settings > Devices and Printers> Add a Printer.
- Select, Add a Network, Wireless or Bluetooth Printer option to find your Wireless Printer over the network.
- Once the computer is completed the searching process, Click on your Printers name and follow up the setup process.
- After you successfully set up the printer, the necessary drivers will be installed and you will be able to use the printer wirelessly.
S To Connect Hp Deskjet Wireless Printer On Windows
Its very easy to connect HP Deskjet wireless setup on your Windows system. Just follow these steps-
- Switch on your HP Deskjet printer, Windows PC and your Wifi router.
- Make sure your printer and PC are connected properly.
- Then, connect HP Deskjet printer to your Wifi network by following the steps given in above.
- Now, open your browser on the PC and go to 123.hp.com to download HP Deskjet printer driver.
- Choose your model from the printer list
- Then, Go to the Control panel from your Windows Search option.
- Now, choose Printer and Driver option.
- Choose Add Printer option from the next appearing window.
- After this a HP Deskjet printer model list will appear on your screen. Select your model and click on next and wait until setup finishes.
- Now, your HP deskjet wireless printer will be connected to your Windows PC.
Stage : Connect The Printer To The Wi
To connect a wireless printer to Windows 10, you need to connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network first. Do the following things:
You can see more details in the instructions provided in the box with your printer.
Related article: New Windows Update Causes Wi-Fi Issues on Surface Devices.
You May Like: Hp Laserjet Prints Blank Pages
Restoring Network Settings To Factory Default
If you need to reset your network settings back to factory default, for example if you change your access point, you can do so by following these instructions.
Please note that initialisation erases all network settings on the machine, so printing or scanning from a computer over the network will become impossible until the printer is re-configured with new network settings.
Follow the procedure below to initialise the network settings:
1. Press and hold the button until the alarm lamp flashes 17 times.
Another Way You Can Get Your Printer Back Online Follow The Steps Below:
To attempt to get your printer online. Go to “Settings” and then “Printers.” Right-click on the printer and select “Use Printer Online.”
Check to see if there are any print jobs and clear them. Double click on the selected printer.
Go to “Printer Menu” and select “Cancel All Documents.”
If there was a printer jam or job that may cause the printer to show an error and go offline.
Try to print again to set the printer back online. Print a test page to see if the error has been resolved.
Find the printer and switch it to printer off and then turn it back on.
Check to see if the printer has a jam which can create an error.
Check all the network connections and wireless connections to make sure all connections are working. Restart the device or computer.
Recommended Reading: How Do I Find The Wps Pin On My Hp Printer
Use A Vpn To Access Printers On Remote Networks
If you want to access standard network printers or printers shared via Windows networking when youre away from the local network, you can use a virtual private network, or VPN. Connect to a VPN and your computer will create a secure tunnel to the VPN server on the remote network. All your traffic will be sent over this tunnel, so your computer will behave as if it were connected to the remote network. This means that locally shared printers, as well as other network resources like Windows file shares, will be accessible.
Once your computer is connected to the VPN, the printer will be available and you can print to it just as if you were on the same local network. Many businesses networks set up VPNs so their employees can remotely connect to the business network, so you may already be able to do this with your existing VPN connection.
Setting up your own VPN is more complicated than using Google Cloud Print, but it can be done. Windows includes hidden support for setting up a VPN server. Hosting your own VPN server isnt ideal for security its easier to just use Google Cloud Print if you dont want to worry as much about security.
There are a wide variety of other different ways to print remotely. For example, some networked printers may be able to accept documents at an email address and automatically print all documents that arrive at that address. Some may work with Bluetooth or Apples AirPrint to accept print jobs wirelessly.
Move It Closer To Your Router
I can’t tell you why, but I’ve seen many Wi-Fi printers that just seem to have weak signals, even if all my other devices work fine in the same location. My printer is much more reliable if the router is in the same room, and my father-in-law’s printer only works if he opens all the doors upstairs before trying to print.
Even if the Wi-Fi signal in that room seems fine, try moving your printer closer to the router if youre having connection issues. If your printer has a sub-par Wi-Fi chip, it may need a super strong signal to stay connected.
You May Like: 200i Ink
What To Do If Your Printer Is Not Working Properly
If your Canon printer acts a bit weird, say:
- error notifications pop up randomly
- it wont even print at all, etc.
chances are you have the outdated or corrupt printer driver. So you should update your printer driver to see if it fixes your problem. If you dont have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You dont need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you dont need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you dont need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps :
1) and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system .
4) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
5) Check to see if the printing is up and running.
Hopefully you have successfully connected your Canon printer to the WiFi network by now. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, please let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!
Connecting Using A Network Key Or Pin
If your printer doesnt have WPS, youll probably have to enter a network key a series of numbers and letters into the printer using the function buttons and screen on the printer in order to establish the connection between your printer and router.
Provided you haven’t changed the password since, the network key will be in your routers documentation, or on a label on the router.
Read Also: What Printers Are Compatible With Hp 950 Ink
Connect My Canon Printer To My Wifi
Connecting your Canon printer to your Wifi should be as easy as pie once you follow these steps:
1) Press the power button to turn on your printer.
2) Press the Settings button . Then press the arrrow button and once you go to Device settings, press OK .
3) Press the arrrow button until you see LAN Settings, press OK.
4) Press the arrrow button until you go to wireless LAN setup, press OK.
The printer will start searching for Wifi network, in the meanwhile, the light will be blinking.
5) If the searching process takes too long, you can press Stop, and itll go to wireless LAN setup, standard setup. Press OK.
6) Press the arrrow button until you find your Wifi network, and then press OK.
7) Enter your password for the Wifi and press OK.
Enter passphrase :1*
8) Press OK again once the screen says Connected.
Troubleshooting Tips For Wifi Printer Issues
In case you are having troubles using your connected Wireless Printer, or maybe even during the setup, we have some useful tips for you that you can try out to fix the issues.
- While trying to connect a wireless printer with your computer, always make sure both the computer and the printer are connected over the same wireless network.
- In case your computer fails to find your printer over the network, you can connect your printer with the computer via USB and complete the setup on a wired connection to install the drivers. Later on, you can shift back to the wireless mode and start using the printer normally.
- If the printer has suddenly stopped responding, you can try turning off the printer for a few seconds, and then restart it, to fix the Printer hardware issues.
- If your problem is software-based, you can run the Troubleshooter program on your computer to look for the problems and fix them. Simply go to the Devices and Printers section on your computer > Click on your Printers name > Click on Manage > Run the Troubleshooter.
- If any of the above tips are not working, you can try to remove the Printer, and Add it back once again. For that, you can simply go to the Devices and Printers section> Find your Printer and click on it > Click on Remove. Now, connect your printer using a USB connection, and set it up once again by clicking on the Add a Printer option.
You May Like: Wps Button On Printer Hp
Connect Wireless Printer To System
1. Connect your system to the same Wi-Fi network as the printer. Simply put, your computer and printer should be on the same local network.
2. Next, open the PC Settings app and go to Devices -> Printers & Scanners page. Here, click on the Add a printer or scanner button appearing on the right page.
3. This action will prompt Windows to scan and find any new devices. If the printer is in the same network, you should see your printer in the found devices list.
If your printer isnt listed, you can add it manually. Click on the The printer that I want isnt listed link. Now, select the Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname, click Next and enter the printer IP address.
4. Select the listed printer and click on the Add Device button.
Windows will automatically download any necessary drivers and configure the printer. After installing, you can use the wirelessly connected printer as you would a normal wired printer.
That is it.
If you are facing problem then I would recommend you run the troubleshooter. To run the printer troubleshooter, go to Update & Security -> Troubleshoot in the PC Settings app. On the right panel, find the Printer option and click on it. Follow the troubleshoot wizard.
If you like this article, do check out how to add a printer to the Send To menu for quick printing.
Connect Printer To Wi
There are many ways to connect a printer to the Wi-Fi network. The easiest way is to use the WPS functionality in your Wi-Fi router. Most Wi-Fi routers have a dedicated WPS button that lets you connect wireless devices by pressing the button.
Note: Each printer and Wi-Fi network is different. So, Im giving you general directions. If you are ever stuck, consult the printer and/or Wi-Fi router manual for specific instructions.
Option #1: To start off, see if your printer has a wireless button. Press the wireless button and then press the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router. If you see a prompt in the printer screen, accept it by selecting Ok or something similar.
Option #2: If your Wi-Fi or printer has no WPS functionality, then use the printer menu to scan for the Wi-Fi network and connect to it by entering the Wi-Fi password. Most printers have a basic settings screen so this shouldnt be that hard. If necessary consult the user manual.
After connecting the printer to your Wi-Fi network, we can add it to the system. Before proceeding, note down the printer IP address. You can generally get it from the printer menu or by open the Wi-Fi admin page and going to the DHCP client list. The printer IP address is helpful for troubleshooting purposes.
Don’t Miss: Where Do I Find Wps Pin On Printer
I Can Not Connect Internet And Printer At Same Time
After installing my printer and software, when connecting my printer, my internet disconnects. If I connect my internet, my printer disconnects. All I want to print from is my laptop. How can I keep both connected at the same time
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query. I’ll be more than glad to help you.I understand that you are facing issues with your HP DeskJet 2655 All-in-One Printer wherein it does not connect to the internet and computer at the same time.
This issue could occur if the wi-fi direct is enabled.
Let’s go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.
I suggest that you disable the wi-fi direct on the unit and check by following the steps listed below:
1. From the Home screen on the product control panel, touch the Wireless button.
2. Open the following menus:
3. Touch the Off menu item. The product saves the setting and then returns the control panel to the Wireless Direct menu.
If the issue persists, then I suggest that you follow the steps to setup the wireless network by following the link: Wireless Printer Setup
Let me know how this works.
You have a good day ahead.
Rainbow23 I am an HP Employee If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up“ button!
How To Connect Printer To The Internet
I have followed the instructions for connecting printer to the internet, but still get emails from HP telling me it is not connected.
08-16-201611:05 PM – edited 08-17-201606:53 PM
From the printer control panel display, touch HP Printables.
Touch Enable Web Services, and then touch Yes.
In the Auto Update screen, touch Yes to allow the printer to automatically check for and install product updates.
NOTE: If a printer update is available, the printer will download and install the update, and then restart. You will have to repeat the instructions from step 1 to set up Web Services.
When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.
Thanks for this.
I do not see a Web Services Setup option in the Setup menu. Another screen says that the printer is connected to the internet and gives the email address.
Unfortunately, nothing will now print. Apart from the odd symbol, they all come out blank.
Ooops, I gave you the instructions for the wrong printer. I edited the instructions, so please try them again.
OK, it sounds like it it connected to the web. Good.
Now, for the printing issue – since it prints nothing regardless of source, on the front of the printer find the menu to clean printheads.
I tried reinstalling the software, but this failed.
Don’t Miss: Brother Printer Hl-l2360dw Wifi Setup
Connect Network Printer In Windows 8
If you know the printer’s name, choose Select a shared printer by name and enter the path to the printer. For example, with a network named hope and a printer named hp, the network path would be: \\hope\hp.
If you do not know the printer’s path, but have the printer’s IP address, select Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname.