Add Your Wireless Canon Printer To Your Computer
After successfully connection of your Canon wireless printer to your Wi-Fi network, it is required to add it to your computer to get it to work. Heres how to add your printer to your computer. Follow the given points:
- Press the Windows logo and R keys simultaneously on your keyboard
- Doing this, Run dialog box will open
- Copy control /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters and paste it in your search box. And then click OK
- Tap Add a Printer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
- Now, at the end, you wireless Canon printer is successfully added in your PC and your printer is now been connected to your wi-fi network
After completing these two-steps, you can print a test page to check whether it is functioning appropriately or not.
Printing Directly From Your Phone Or Tablet
We know this goes without saying, but cellphones and tablets are becoming our very best friends. Printing the data stored on them holiday photos or important documents used to be a hassle, but if you know how to connect your iPhone to your Canon printer via WiFi, it couldnt be easier. If youre still debating the merits of Android vs. iPhone, this article wont make it any easier both allow wireless printing, and well walk you through the process of setting it up on both.
3D printing technology is much more complicated to set up, but here were thankfully only focusing on state-of-the-art regular printers. As such, connecting a portable device with a printer using a wireless connection shouldnt be a big issue. However, we want to help those who are still wondering how to connect a Canon printer to WiFi on their phone, so heres how it goes.
Simply download the Canon PRINT Inkjet/Selphy App from Google Play or the App Store. The swift setup process will start once you press your Canon printers Wireless Connect button, which will prompt all the information stored on your phone, together with your WiFi name and password, to transfer automatically.
iPhone users have another option, which is to use the pre-installed AirPrint feature. Users should first make sure that their Canon printer and Apple iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch are on the same WiFi network. Next, choose the web page, photo, or document youd like to print out, then tap the Share icon.
Mthode De Connexion Standard
1. Pour les utilisateurs Windows, insérez le CD livré avec votre imprimante et lancez l’installation.
Si vous ne disposez pas du CD-ROM d’installation fourni avec votre produit, veuillez télécharger les manuels et le logiciel pour continuer.
2. Lorsque l’écran initial s’affiche, cliquez sur .
< Utilisateurs Mac uniquement>
Lorsque l’écran suivant s’affiche, saisissez votre mot de passe pour permettre l’installation de l’assistant, puis cliquez sur
Lorsque l’écran suivant s’affiche, cliquez sur .
Remarque : un écran s’affiche, vous invitant à sélectionner une connexion USB ou sans fil, sélectionnez .
3. Vérifiez que votre imprimante est sous tension, assurez-vous que le voyant d’alimentation est allumé, puis cliquez sur .
1. Cliquez sur .
2. Lorsque l’écran suivant s’affiche, cliquez sur .
2. Remarque : pour les utilisateurs Windows XP, l’installation sans câble n’est pas prise en charge. Veuillez sélectionner , puis passez à l’étape 5.
3. Lorsque l’écran apparaît, maintenez le bouton enfoncé jusqu’à ce que le témoin d’alarme orange clignote 2 fois, puis relâchez-le après le deuxième clignotement.
4. Confirmez que le voyant Wi-Fi bleu clignote rapidement et que le voyant d’alimentation est allumé. Cliquez sur .
Remarque : votre connexion réseau sera temporairement désactivée durant la configuration.
Cliquez sur .
5. Utilisateurs Windows XP uniquement : sélectionnez
1. Lorsque l’écran suivant s’affiche, sélectionnez votre région, puis cliquez sur .
Don’t Miss: How Do I Get My Canon Printer Back Online
Why Wont My Canon Printer Connect To My Wireless Connection
If you have tried the above methods for making a wireless connection for your Canon printer and still havent managed to sync up, there are a few different causes that could be at fault.
Here are some of the things that may be preventing you from making a good connection to your wireless network:
- The connection between the network and the printer has been lost. This issue can often be resolved by simply powering down each component, waiting for ten seconds, and then powering them back up before re-syncing the two.
- The printer is not powered on. Even if the printer is plugged in, it needs to be powered up before it can receive a wireless signal.
- Ensure that both your digital camera or PC and your wireless printer are synced to the same network. If you accidentally sync your input device and your wireless printer to different networks, they wont be able to find each other.
- Make sure that the printer driver is connected to the correct port on your PC. If the printer driver is synced to the wrong port, this can cause connectivity issues.
If you continue to have problems setting up a wireless connection between your router and your wireless printer, you can contact Canons technical support team for a more detailed walk-through on how to get your printer and your wireless network properly synced. Before contacting them, ensure that the router is working correctly for your other devices.
More reading: How Many Megapixels is Good for a Camera?
Wireless Connect Button Method
This wireless connection method is used for those Canon printers who dont have a Settings Icon and just have a Wireless Connect Button on the printer. However, with this wireless connect button you can connect Canon printer to wifi. Follow these steps to set up a canon printer wirelessly.
- Press and Hold the Direct or Wireless Connect button on the Canon printer for 2-3 sec.
- Now Wireless icon starts flashing on the printer screen.
- Go to your Smartphone and download Canon Print Inkjet App from the play store or App store.
- Now go to the Wifi Settings of your Smartphone and then connect to the Canon printer mention in the list.
- Open Canon Print Inkjet App and click on Add Printer Icon.
- Click on Register Printer and select the Auto-connect selection method.
- Now Select your Wifi name and Enter the password of your Wifi.
- This will connect your Canon printer to the wireless network.
Recommended Reading: How Do I Get Printer Online
How To Connect Canon Printer To Laptop With Usb Cable
Lets make communication between the two ends by connecting a Canon printer to the laptop using a USB cable.
Step 1: Turn the Canon printer off.
Step 2: Insert the USB cables one end to the printer and the other to the laptop.
Step 3: Turn on the printer.
Step 4: Now click the Windows Start button and go to Control Panel. Click on Hardware and Sound > Devices & Printer > Add a Printer > Local Printer. Select the printer port for the required connection.
Step 5: Locate the Canon printer option in the driver window and select the model. For example, if you are looking for how to connect a Canon Pixma MX490 to a laptop, select the name.
Step 6: Select Next after giving the printer a name.
Step 7: Now choose if you want to share the printer with other devices, select Next.
Step 8: Decide if you want to set up your printer as a Default. Select Next.
And its done!
Handy Details On How To Connect Canon Printer To Wifi Without Cable
How to connect Canon printer to WiFi without cable? Is this a question thats bugging you? Well, you can definitely get this accomplished without having to go through an extremely complicated process. You should be able to set up your printer to easily link to your WiFi network and printing should be possible as long as both your computer/device and printer are connected to the same WiFi network. Printers have greatly evolved in recent times and many of them make use of infrared or Bluetooth for connectivity while some printers come with Ethernet ports and integrated wireless adapters.
Simply turn on the printer and scroll across the interface to ensure whether WiFi is on or not. Choose the wireless network, enter the password when you have to and the IP address will be seamlessly taken by the printer from the network. However, not every printer will enable choosing a particular network or keying in a password.
There may be software for setup which means you have to run the same for finding the network and then finish setting the same up. If the printer comes with an Ethernet port, it can be easily setup near the wireless switch or router. This will help you put the device onto your WiFi network.
You May Like: Ink Cartridge Full But Not Printing Hp
Connect Canon Mx492 Printer To Wifi On Mac
The initial steps for connecting your Canon printer to Wi-Fi on Mac are more or less the same as mentioned above for Windows. You have to navigate to the official Canons website, type in your printers model, and download the printer software. However, the rest of the steps that vary are as under
- Once you have downloaded the file, you have to click on the saved file and click twice on the Setup icon.
- Please click on the next button.
- A box will appear, in which you have to insert the administrator name and password.
- Next, click on the install helper option.
- Continuing with the process, you will have to select the printer connection method please click on the Wireless LAN connection option. Then, click on next.
- Next, you have to choose your Wireless LAN connection method and select connect via wireless router.
- Next, you have to click on the Cable-less setup option and click on next.
- You will see add printer option on your screen, where you will have to choose the Canon xxx series Canon IJ Network and press the add button.
- Once the Setup completes, please click on next.
- Lastly, please click on the exit to finish the entire process.
Update Printer Drivers With Driverfix
DriverFix is a popular driver update utility that can update all the drivers of your computer with one click. Upon installation, DriverFix performs a full scan to find out how many out-of-date drivers you have. You can then proceed to update one or all the drivers at once.
DirverFix has over 18 million driver files data available for download. You can manage the downloads, create a backup and save all of you drivers in a compressed zip file and schedule driver scan, update and notifications.
Key features of DriverFix:
You May Like: Making Wired Printer Wireless
How To Find My Canon Printer
To locate your Canon printer on the computer, visit the Printers and Scanners option and it should be listed there. Here are the steps to do it.
Your printer should now be connected to your computer. At times you will still face an issue where your canon printer will refuse to get connected to a wireless network. This could happen due to several reasons right from connection errors to faulty cables and drivers.
What Is The Wps Button
When you get to know WPS button, you should be aware of that the WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. It is without a doubt an advanced wireless network security which enables you to connect the router and wireless devices. It will make the entire connection process very simple and easy to implement. What you need to do is to press the WPS button and it will start searching for your wireless router. It doesnt allow you to connect the network which doesnt support wireless devices as it supports only the wireless networks.
You May Like: How To Connect Dell E310dw Printer To Wifi
Setting Up The Battlefield
Wires from your laptop, desktop, smartphone, or tablet can become messy when youre trying to connect devices to your Canon printer. The good news is that most Canon printers now have inbuilt WiFi, so you dont have to use wires. In fact, you dont even need to be in the same room to print. Now the major question is: how do you connect a Canon printer to WiFi?
First things first, make sure your computer is connected to the network. Then make sure to connect your WiFi printer to your home network using a wireless router. There are two ways you can do that well walk you through both.
Creating A Connection Using A Usb Cable
The first way that we can explore connections between a printer and the laptop or PC is using a USB cable. This is a straightforward method, for which you can follow the steps below:
Don’t Miss: Wireless Printer For Samsung Tablet
Is Your Printer Not Working Properly
If your wireless Canon isnt working correctly, dont get frustrated because this is a common issue. Even after all your hard work, you may not enjoy that fresh, warm, perfect print in your hands but there is plenty you can do about this.
If the Canon printer is acting strangely, such as:
- It is not printing at all
- An error notification keeps on popping up randomly
It is quite prettily that you have a corrupt, outdated, or flawed printer driver. If this is the case, update the printer driver to see if it resolves the issue. If you do not feel like waiting for this long or have no idea how to do this process, get in touch with the manufacturers or seek advice from a professional.
Canon Print App For Wireless Canon Printer
Here is another genius method for how to connect printer to WiFi Canon. For those of you who want to connect your wireless Canon printer to your Mac, Apple devices, or your Windows system via wifi, we will suggest you install the Canon Print app. Once you download the app, your printer will get easily connected to your system and that too in less time.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Printer To Samsung Tablet
Change The Printer Name
If you already registered your printer with Canon PRINT Inkjet / SELPHY and would like to change its name, follow the steps below.
From the main screen of Canon PRINT Inkjet / SELPHY app, tap the printer icon at the bottom.
Tap Add / Switch.
Tap and hold the name of the registered printer in the list.
When prompted, enter a name you would like to use for the printer, then tap OK.
After you tap OK, tap Back at the upper left corner.
Tap the X at the upper right.
The printer appears in Canon PRINT Inkjet / SELPHY app with the name you specified.
How To Connect Canon Printer To Wifi: Windows
- Connect your Canon printer to the WiFi network by means of the aforementioned instructions.
- Next, download the printer driver by visiting this link: canon.com/ijsetup. In case this does not work, refer to the information provided with the printer box or contact the manufacturers helpdesk for assistance.
- Once you have accessed the printer driver, double click on the downloadable file and complete the installation process. Afterwards, continue with the next steps in this guide.
- Press the Win Key +R to open the Run command.
- Type the following command in the Run dialogue box: control/nameMicrosoft.DevicesAndPrinters.
Don’t Miss: How Can I Connect My Iphone To My Printer
How To Connect Canon Mg3600 Printer To Wi
Connect using Smartphone
The Canon printer not connecting to Wi-Fi issues can occur due to several reasons.
To fix the problem, try to update the printer driver. If the issue persists, check for network issues, or as a last resort, try to uninstall and reinstall the printer and drivers.
Connecting To Your Printer Through Wps Connection
This is the easiest way to connect your printer to your Wi-Fi, and it doesnt take much time at all. To use this method, you will need to ensure that your router has a WPS button.
The router should also be WPA or WPA2 in terms of its security protocol, so check this is correct before going any further.
The first step is going to be to ensure that everything is turned on and running properly. Turn on your Canon printer, as well as the device that you are sending the document from. Now ensure that your router is on and has a stable connection to the internet from it.
Recommended Reading: Can I Print From My Iphone Without Wifi