Run Hp Print And Scan Doctor
HP provides free printer troubleshooting for Windows customers through their HP Print and Scan Doctor program. If the solutions above do not resolve your printers offline status, download the HP Print and Scan Doctor and follow the program prompts:
To use the HP Print and Scan Doctor with Windows:
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor from your computer.
- Once the program downloads, open the downloaded application by allowing it to run.
- A window will appear. If asked if you trust the file, selected Yes. From the HP Print and Scan Doctor window, click Start.
- Choose your printer from the subsequent page. If your printer does not appear, restart your printer and select Retry on the HP Print and Scan Doctor window.
- Follow the prompts from the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Unfortunately, there is not an HP Print and Scan Doctor for macOS users at this time.
Solution: Check For Ink Cartridge And Paper Jam Problem
Examine the printer for incompatible cartridge error and paper jam problem so that you can fix HP printer offline problem.
- Turn ON HP wireless/wired printer. Ensure all the physical and wireless connections are made accurately.
- Check all the cable connections for disconnected cables and then reconnect them suitably for more reliable connectivity.
- Look inside the printer to recognize any of the paper jams. Clear the HP printer paper jam error if you discover any.
- Check the input tray for the right stock of papers. More papers must be added to the tray if required.
- Open the cartridge access door then examine for HP Printer ink cartridge Failure Message. Also, check the levels of ink inside the cartridges.
- You need to check your printer control panel display or software to identify any low ink level alerts. Click on OK to terminate low ink warnings and take your device back online.
- Also, ensure that the printer and system are connected with the same wifi network.
Solution : Use Hp Print And Scan Doctor To Check Connectivity
To check the connectivity of your printer the best solution is to download the HP Print and Scan Doctor, as this software specifically created to solve the HP printer offline issue. Follow the below instructions to learn the process:
Read Also: How To Uninstall A Printer In Windows 10
Why Is My Hp Printer Offline Get Hp Printer Back Online
Hello there, do you see your hp printer offline every time you try to print any document from the computer or smartphone. this guide is the ultimate tutorial on understanding why the printer is offline and how you can get it back online using simple methods.
Pro-Tip- Sometimes Printer Goes offline is because of inactivity and a simple restart would fix the hp printer offline issues however in some cases the issues are different and that would require a bit more troubleshooting.
lets understand the problem first and then step by step solve the problem to get the printer working again.
Get Your Printer Online
If youre having problems with your HP DeskJet 2540 printer offline, there are a few things that consumers may do to maintain a strong connection with the printer. There are a few methods listed below that users can use to bring their HP Deskjet printer back online.
The first step for users is to look for HP Deskjet 2540 drivers. If the drivers are not safely stored on your device, you will most likely encounter troubles and glitches while attempting to connect your HP Deskjet 2540 to your device.
These are some of the most popular quick fixes that consumers can apply to connect their HP Deskjet 2540 printer to their computer. If you wish to get your HP Deskjet 2540 back online, you can try the methods listed below.
Also Check: How To Trick Canon Printer Ink Cartridge
Troubleshoot Your Printer Connection
Identify and resolve printer connection issues.
Troubleshoot the printer USB connection
Check the USB cable for damage and length, replace it if necessary, and restart your printer and computer.
Turn off the printer and your computer.
Disconnect the USB cable from your computer and printer, and then inspect the cable.
If the cable is damaged or longer than 3 m , replace it.
If the cable is undamaged and shorter than 3 m , connect the cable to a different USB port on the computer. The port should be USB 2.0 or greater. If you are using a USB hub or docking station, connect the cable directly to the computer.
Connect the cable to your printer, and then make sure the cable is fully secured to both ports.
Turn on the computer, and then wait for the computer to complete startup.
Turn on the printer, and then add your printer or wait for the computer to install the new device .
Troubleshoot the wireless printer connection
Check network issues and setup requirements if the printer is not found during software installs or when wireless print jobs fail.
Restart devices: Restart the printer and the computer or mobile device to clear possible error conditions.
Print a Wireless Test Report: Search the HP Customer Support website for your printer model, and then search forself test page to find the document on how to print and evaluate the report.
Troubleshoot the wired network connection
Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the Ethernet cable from the router and the printer.
Turn Hp Officejet Pro 8630 Offline To Online:
There are several factors responsible for the occurrence of issues and errors in getting your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 offline. In an everyday scenario, you might look at the printer menu which shows the printer offline message or if you want to print a document you click on the option to select your printer but nothing happens.
In this case, through simple checks and steps, you can get your printer back online very quickly and easily. Sometimes while printing, the device or computer thinks that the printer is offline but actually the printer is on and ready to start printing.
This scenario is caused by an error between your computer or device and the printer or it may be the cable that is not correctly attached to your printer or computer or a simple error coming from a paper jam.
The offline error of your printer may also occur due to the problem with your software or printer driver depending on the age of your printer or when you have or haven’t installed updates. To turn HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 offline to online you need to go through a certain troubleshooting process.
Don’t Miss: Hp Laserjet Printing Blank Pages
Solution : Remove Device If Still Hp Printer Is Offline
Now you can try printing once again, if you get the print without any issue, then it means you have turned your HP printer offline to online. However, if not, then you can move ahead by trying the next solution.
How To Turn My Hp Printer Offline To Online In Mac
Sometimes, in Hp printers, offline status is shown on mac devices. So, do you want to get rid of this error on your Mac device? If yes, then there are several solutions available to solve this error. Many Hp Printers face this issue on mac devices while printing a document or report. Usually, when the user tries to print a document on a mac device, HP printer offline status is shown. Hp printers are one of the leading and best printers people use in their homes and workplaces. The printer has some amazing features like various wireless connectivity options.
You May Like: Uninstalling Printer Drivers
How To Change A Hp Printers Status From Offline To Online
- Another option would be to recreate the print port, as described in the link on the left, this sometimes helps when your printer is offline but available over the network.
- You can also use the Microsoft Printer Diagnostic Tool
- If there is a conflict between several drivers of two printers or more, then isolation of the print driver will help you.
- Be sure to check your firewalls and network devices to see if they are blocking SNMP traffic
- On some printers, it helps to manually set the SNMP name to public
- Make sure that your printers are not set to stand-alone or suspend mode, although you would see it in statuses, but just in case
- Try to diagnose with the Print-Spooler-Repair-Tool
If you still have the Disabled status on the printer, then you have something with karma, try using proprietary utilities from the manufacturer, for example, HP has HP Print and Scan Doctor, others have their own, the main thing is not to give up and change a printers status from offline to online.
The Hp Printer Is Offline Still Call Printer Experts
Well, those were some quick ways for HP printer offline fix that anybody can use to get an HP printer back online. Once getting at par, make sure to keep the printer drivers updated or you can also take the help of the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. If printer offline status still shows up, then you should take assistance from the tech support team. We have printer experts available for you 24/7 to help your printer get back online. Call us anytime.
Don’t Miss: What To Do When Your Printer Won’t Print
How To Bring My Hp Envy 7640 Printer Back Online
If your HP 7640 printer is showing you an Offline message then try these troubleshooting steps to bring it online.
Troubleshoot Printer Spooler Settings
HP printer shows offline message when printer spooler is stopped. To fix this, follow these steps-
- First of all, open Run dialog box and type Services.mscand Click on OK
- Now from the listed items, locate the option of Print Spooler
- Right click on it and slect Stop option to pause the print spooler services.
- Next click on the address bar from the Windows File Explorer and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and click on OK.
- Now delete all the files from printer folder to clear the printing queue.
- Thereafter, go back to Print Spooler and right click on it and select Start option to resume the spooler service again.
- Lastly, restart your computer and printer and your complain of HP printer Says offline will be gone.
These steps will help the user to bring back the HP printer from offline to online in Windows 10 or in any other operating system.
Also Check: Epson Connect Iphone
If This Doesnt Work You Can Try These Simple Steps:
Right-click the icon for your printer. It may be labelled as part of the device name or printer name. Check your device if youre unsure. Click the “See What’s Printing” option.
Or Left-Click the printer and select Manage Device
Fix Hp Envy 7640 Printer Offline
Also Check: Hp Printer Driver Updates
Solution : Manually Set Hp Printer As The Default Printer In Windows
Make sure that your HP printer is set as the default printer, otherwise, your computer wont be able to make the connection with it. Due to this your screen will show- HP printer is offline issue. So follow the below steps:
Bring HP printer online in Windows:
Windows 8, 7-
Why Does My Hp Officejet 3830 Say Offline
If you are using an HP Officejet 3830 Printer and it shows you an Offline error, this means there is a problem with the wireless connection. It usually happens when you change your router or if there is any power surge in your area. But there are some other possible reasons why your HP 3830 Printer says offline.
- Out of date HP Drivers.
- Windows update not installed properly.
- Thiry party software conflict.
- Firewall block connection.
You May Like: Scanning Brother Printer
Check Your Wire Connection When Hp Printer Goes Offline
In some cases, HP printer keeps going offline on windows 10 due to improper connection. To fix this follow the given steps-
- Check if USB cables both end are properly connect to printer and computer. If you have wireless connection make sure the printer and router connectivity is compatible.
- Also make sure that the power cable intact without any cuts and is connected properly between printer and power socket.
Reinstall The Hp Printer Drivers If An Update Couldnt Fix Offline Status
Here you must uninstall the printer traces from your Windows PC. Thereafter reinstall the HP printers from the very beginning.
Fresh install HP printer to eliminate the offline issue
Don’t Miss: Officejet 4650 Wps Pin
Another Way You Can Get Your Printer Back Online Follow The Steps Below:
To attempt to get your printer online. Go to “Settings” and then “Printers.” Right-click on the printer and select “Use Printer Online.”
Check to see if there are any print jobs and clear them. Double click on the selected printer.
Go to “Printer Menu” and select “Cancel All Documents.”
If there was a printer jam or job that may cause the printer to show an error and go offline.
Try to print again to set the printer back online. Print a test page to see if the error has been resolved.
Find the printer and switch it to printer off and then turn it back on.
Check to see if the printer has a jam which can create an error.
Check all the network connections and wireless connections to make sure all connections are working. Restart the device or computer.
S To Fix Hp Smart App Printer Offline Problem
This troubleshooting guide is for Windows computers only. As you know that the main reason why your HP Smart app shows you a Printer offline is a Loose connection. So now we will fix this problem completely and this will never happen again with your printer.
Read Also: Wps Pin For Printer Hp Deskjet 2600
Why Does My Hp Printer Keep Going Offline
There can be many reasons, but the most common is- network issues.
When your HP printer keeps showing an offline message again and again, then it means you have some wireless connectivity issues. HP printer wireless connectivity issues may arise due to several reasons. This issue becomes more infuriating when you have to do your most important official documents to print. Such a printer offline issue can happen with a wired or wireless HP Printer device. To have the perfect resolution for the offline printer issue either you can take the help of HP printer technicians or follow our troubleshooting instructions below.
How Do I Stop My Hp Printer From Going Offline
Troubleshooting steps to solve the offline issue in the hp printer are described below-
- First check that the printer is switched on and no lights are blinking. No hardware problem is there.
- To check the printer hardware issues like paper jam, cartridges are not fixed properly, the printer is out of paper, etc.
- To check the connections of USB, wireless network. Unplugging can be done on USB ports.
- Usage of printer software can be done to fix the offline issue.
- To install printer drivers properly. The improper installation of printer drivers can cause problems in the printing and operating system of printers as well.
- Remove all the pending printing tasks by the below-given steps.
- First, visit the printers and drivers section.
- Then, double click on the printer to clear the pending or old printing tasks.
- The pending printing tasks will get labeled as errors. So, right-click on it and click on the cancel option.
So, these are solutions for the hp printer offline issue in windows 8. These solutions are reliable and easy to apply. The offline issue in printers affects wireless printing also.
Recommended Reading: How To Scan Documents From Printer To Email